PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Pazio / Fantasy Grounds discount

Grimlore
October 31st, 2017, 15:36
Hey all,

I've read that if you own the PDF versions of the Pathfinder manuals (purchased from Pazio), that you receive discounts on the FG modules when you link your account. I'm wondering what kind of intereation that shares is one purchased this bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/extralife.

Would you then be able to purchase the FG modules at a discount, and if so, how much?

Thanks!

ddavison
October 31st, 2017, 15:57
It's a two-way process. If you buy on FG, you can sync back to Paizo and get the PDF for free. If you buy the PDF on Paizo.com, you can sync to FG and get the price of the PDF off from your order here.

Grimlore
October 31st, 2017, 16:04
Does the discount apply on Steam purchases as well?

Also, the Pazio site is down (likely because of this sale), so I have no idea how much the PDF versions cost on their site.

ddavison
October 31st, 2017, 16:35
Does the discount apply on Steam purchases as well?

Also, the Pazio site is down (likely because of this sale), so I have no idea how much the PDF versions cost on their site.

No, but the free PDF works for any Paizo modules you buy on Steam.

Erin Righ
October 31st, 2017, 18:10
Well for 5.67 you can get the Core book and Bestiary which will take 20 dollars off your FG purchases

Erin Righ
October 31st, 2017, 19:35
Well it's a good deal anyway, I spent 6 bucks and got 3 books that i didn't already have and the Character Folio, so well worth it

Erin Righ
October 31st, 2017, 19:36
Oh and the Paizo site is back up

FSHSchmo
February 13th, 2018, 01:07
Question about the synchronization. I got all synced up and FG said I own the following two items -

PZO1110E is owned
PZO9097E is owned

How do I get these into FG? I tried a search in the store for the above references but came up empty handed.

ddavison
February 13th, 2018, 01:09
Hey FSHSchmo, once it records that you own the PDFs, you will see a discount equivalent to the PDF price whenever you add those to your shopping cart.

Trenloe
February 13th, 2018, 01:12
Question about the synchronization. I got all synced up and FG said I own the following two items -

PZO1110E is owned
PZO9097E is owned

How do I get these into FG? I tried a search in the store for the above references but came up empty handed.
It's not straightforward - but.... those codes are listed at the bottom of the individual product page, kinda...

For example, the Pathfinder Core Rules have the product code "PZOSMWPZO1110FG" - just under the screenshots in the product page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=PZOSMWPZO1110FG

Note the code in the URL - PZOSMWPZO1110FG. You can edit the URL, so looking for PZO9097E change the URL to have an id=PZOSMWPZO9097FG and you'll see the product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=PZOSMWPZO9097FG

Easy? Not unless you're a little bit techie. Do-able - yes...

FSHSchmo
February 13th, 2018, 01:15
Hey FSHSchmo, once it records that you own the PDFs, you will see a discount equivalent to the PDF price whenever you add those to your shopping cart.

Got it, I had to go into the Pazio site and see what those sku numbers brought up then find them on the FG store.

mrswing
May 4th, 2020, 16:45
Just to clarify: you get the PDF price off the FG price. And since the FG modules are full book price (hard or soft cover), that means both a) a serious discount and b) still an awful lot of money if you have a lot. I got a lot of PDFs through the Humble Bundle deals, and the final price (I'm not going to buy because not playing PF) came to 350€ with a discount of 280 €. So that's a good reduction (about 40%) but still way above impulse buy level.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 00:40
Just to clarify: you get the PDF price off the FG price. And since the FG modules are full book price (hard or soft cover), that means both a) a serious discount and b) still an awful lot of money if you have a lot. I got a lot of PDFs through the Humble Bundle deals, and the final price (I'm not going to buy because not playing PF) came to 350€ with a discount of 280 €. So that's a good reduction (about 40%) but still way above impulse buy level.

Dont impulse buy. If you are playing Pathfinder start with the Core Rules. Add what you need, when you need it.