PDA

View Full Version : Req: Synergy Calc

Sigurd
February 28th, 2006, 09:08
In the skill area of the character sheet it would be lovely if there was a dedicated column to list Race & Synergy Modifiers. Since the governing information is already in the sheet it would be marvelous if this would be calculated by the computer.

eg Character is an Elf their bonus to listen is placed in the Listen Skill synergy column. Character has 5 ranks in handle animal, +2 is placed in their Ride Animal Synergy column.

The synergy column should not be directly editable by the player and that would keep the programming headaches down. Every skill would have: Rank, Syn, Stat & Misc categories and a Total. Syn would include racial plusses. 5 categories is a lot but unless you could explain a bonus break down in a mouse over affect or something I think you'd need this to be clear.

I'd love to see this as it would make characters less work to make.

Sigurd

Bumamgar
February 28th, 2006, 14:58
v1.6 + custom character sheet will make this a reality :)

Technically it can be done w v1.5, but it's a PITA, so I've been waiting for 1.6 before developing an enhanced character sheet.

I don't know if Smiteworks is planning on enhancing the character sheet for 1.6, or if they'll be depending on end users to develop and distribute enhanced sheets.

Sigurd
February 28th, 2006, 17:27
To me it has the earmarks of a very reasonable request. The silver star would go to the programmer who could hide the mechanics for each skill until neede. One skill = one number unless queried would declutter the sheets.

S