PDA

View Full Version : Updates to the C&C ruleset for testing.

Andraax
October 30th, 2017, 18:37
The following updates have been pushed to the Test channel:

Change default cone to 30 degrees
Slow creatures always go last
Fix sorting on client CT

Please test and let me know of any anomalous results on this thread. More to come soon.

JohnD
October 30th, 2017, 19:36
Awesome. I'll download this evening.

Talyn
November 14th, 2017, 21:19
I made my teeny contribution to the ruleset: the Class and Race windows are now the standard 450x450 like every other ruleset. :)

Oh and guess what? Players Handbook 7th Printing was just committed to SVN and @Moon Wizard will push it to the Test channel... sometime.

FEEDBACK PLEASE! Tell me what you like, what you'd like changed, whatever. Far as I can tell, it's pretty much ready to go other than I need to get the rest of the images from the book in there.

damned
November 15th, 2017, 10:47
It doesnt look like the PHB made it into this test run?

Talyn
November 15th, 2017, 12:44
I have absolutely no idea when it will get pushed to Test, unfortunately. Here's a preview though:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21473&stc=1&d=1510749861

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2017, 17:41
Just pushed to Test.

Cheers,
JPG

Talyn
November 16th, 2017, 18:57
Like I said, please give me feedback on this!

FYI we collectively made a decision to simply call this "Players_Handbook" from now on instead of locking it to a specific product id like the current 5th printing one is. So the updater is going to delete your 5th printing .mod file and upload this in its place. Whenever there's an 8th printing and so on, this new "generic named" module can be updated and not have to worry about such silliness. Future Proofing FTW! :)

CHANGES:

Pretty much everything! :) Except Items (the PHB does not offer descriptions like the other C&C books do; I'll have to talk to TLG about that for next time) though I did clean up the item markup.
Added a "Quick Reference Index" so GMs and Players can quickly find text tables and useful references without having to memorize where it's at in the reference manual. Oh and hey, the PHB is a reference manual now! :)
The Goods & Services list is brand-new and uses the new reference_groupedlist windowclass.
I have (so far) been unsuccessful at using reference_groupedlist to do the Weapons and Armors lists so those are literally copy/pasted from the 5th printing module unchanged. I may do a QA pass to check for spelling, maybe remove extra characters like the * and add the correct text to each item since the footer text hasn't worked since I've owned the ruleset. I'm not happy about that, as those old lists add a fair amount of size and data to the module but for now it'll just have to do.
Spells! I'm shocked no one ever complained about these -- a good portion of the spells were missing sentences, sometimes entire paragraphs! No longer!
Classes and Races. The individual class/race sheets all contain the same information but re-arranged in a "close match" to TLG's text and what you'd see in the official 5E & PF sheets so players see some semblance of consistency across rulesets.

damned
November 16th, 2017, 20:53
Well done Talyn. Only had a quick look but its a big improvement. Awesome.

Talyn
November 16th, 2017, 21:01
Thank ya, sir! :p

Just sent another update a couple minutes ago, so "whenever" it gets pushed to Test?

QA pass over all the spells "short descriptions"
Dispel Magic was missing from the Illusionist spell list

JohnD
November 16th, 2017, 21:58
Will these advances break any existing usage on characters, in modules etc...?

Talyn
November 16th, 2017, 22:01
I didn't change any of the data nodes, so nothing should break, all links should still work the same.

Heads up though: When I get around to doing the Crusaders Companion, that will not be the case...

Andraax
November 16th, 2017, 22:24
Will these advances break any existing usage on characters, in modules etc...?

They shouldn't, but that's why we push them to the test channel first - so people can try them out and see if anything breaks...

JohnD
November 18th, 2017, 19:20
The following updates have been pushed to the Test channel:

Change default cone to 30 degrees
Slow creatures always go last
Fix sorting on client CT

Please test and let me know of any anomalous results on this thread. More to come soon.

Can you give an example of what we should look for with respect to "fix sorting on client CT"?

Slow creatures going last seems to be working.

Andraax
November 18th, 2017, 19:23
Can you give an example of what we should look for with respect to "fix sorting on client CT"?

We saw this in your game a few weeks ago - the sorting on the clients was different than the sorting on the CK's CT. If two PCs have the same initiative, the CK sees them sorted by DEX, while on the client they were sorted by name. (I had added the DEX sorting a while back...) Now, the clients should see them sorted by DEX as well.

JohnD
November 18th, 2017, 21:22
Ah, yes. Thanks.

Asterionaisien
November 22nd, 2017, 18:31
I just checked the last update, and I would like to give you my sincerest thanks, it is really neat and awesome!

Captcorajus
November 22nd, 2017, 21:36
Awesome update! Thank you!!

hawkwind
November 24th, 2017, 17:01
thanks for the free update, I was expecting the usual Trollslord practice of charging you again for a product with very few changes

damned
November 24th, 2017, 22:44
thanks for the free update, I was expecting the usual Trollslord practice of charging you again for a product with very few changes

I would like to point out here that the upgrade has nought to do with the Trolls.
Andraax is making some ruleset updates and Talyn did the many, many hours to re-do the reference manual.

And they only earn some coin on new purchases...

Talyn
November 25th, 2017, 00:53
Actually, the reference manual wasn't that bad. But I've done so many that I can zip through them pretty quick. What took the most time was going one by one through the items, then the spells (good lord those were a mess!), the classes, races, and so on.

But yeah, I volunteered to do it for free because I felt it was the right thing to do. I don't get commissions for the PHB (and M&T isn't too far away) but I hope you all enjoy my work here and Andraax's efforts on ruleset improvements, I hope you all play more C&C games and get some more attention for the game overall. Thanks everyone for the kind comments here and in PM.

Talyn
November 28th, 2017, 01:46
Monsters & Treasure 4th Printing

I just committed the first Release Candidate to SVN and it will get pushed to the TEST channel... sometime.

I asked for feedback for the Players Handbook but never got any, so this time I'm forcing the issue. :) Consider this an Early Access version. It's incomplete. It's perfectly usable, but I don't have all the reference tables done yet, it still has the classic black & white tokens, and the Magic Item list is straight out of the previous edition, with the exception of the Bag of Holding. I created all four versions of the Bag of Holding, but since I will be creating an all-new list, I didn't bother adding all four to this one, I just changed it to the Type I version and left it alone. But this release will at least let you see kinda where I'm going with it.

Items and NPCs are (mostly) unchanged in their descriptions. They will be updated with subsequent releases til we're all happy with it. Monsters that have multiple versions, I will probably create each version, such as each age category for each dragon type, and get the correct stats for each age, and so forth. I have a couple rollable tables in this release, nothing major, but I will be creating more as I go along.

NOTE: Unlike the Players Handbook, this time I did change a fair amount of the data nodes for items and NPCs. This shouldn't be an issue since when we drag items to characters, a copy of the item is created on the sheet. NPC-wise, I think JPG went through the A-series and deleted direct links to M&T last year? At least that's my foggy memory of what happened... If NPCs break something then we'll fix the offending adventures, how's that? :)

Feedback Requested:

Reference Tables. I did Table 1 which you can see in the Treasure chapter of the reference manual. Do you want to see reference (ie. text-only) versions of those tables, or drop them entirely and just make rollable tables?
Dragons: make each age/type like I mentioned above? Or leave them as-is for the GM to make for her campaigns?
Any other suggestions! Other than the reference manual, I haven't gotten into the items/monsters yet too much. I have some ideas, but getting feedback and requests from actual users is way more valuable.

damned
November 28th, 2017, 02:11
Hi Talyn Im sorry Im not actually running/playing any CnC at this time so any feedback I give you will be superficial.
The Rollable Tables are the most useful.
I do like seeing the tables in the reference manual but ultimately the more important part is the rollable version.
Do the dragons as per the manual - dont create additional work for yourself.

JohnD
November 28th, 2017, 04:51
Rollable tables that actually give you something you can use as a CK would be "big". Output to a treasure parcel with individualized magic items, jewelry, gems, etc... would/will be great.

Dragons I would agree with damned on.

Color tokens would be a nice improvement IMO.

I am interested on how you will address things like potions - the table lists a lot of them but TLG themselves only outlined I think a small handful in the printed M&T. If I were doing it I'd simply state the potion acts as the corresponding spell and maybe pop in a link to the spell from the PHB, but... I don't probably have the same constraints as you may be working under.

Regardless, improvements are hugely appreciated.

Keep going, maybe the C&C base ruleset could get to the point where more than $10 could be reasonably charged for it.

Talyn
November 28th, 2017, 13:10
Potions -- examples would be awesome, right now the only thing I added to items is the Bag of Holding stuff which you saw on Discord. As for references to spells, what I did in the PHB was any time I saw the text say "behaves like such and such spell" I replaced that with the actual text from [such and such spell] because that's fine (well, not really) in a book but why should I send people clicking all over the damn place when I could just have the info they're looking for right there in the first place? I plan on doing the same thing here, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Color tokens will be coming, I just haven't found a good "token ring" that I like, and the official token ring PSD from SmiteWorks is literally the only thing I've ever seen that won't work in GIMP.

Moon Wizard
November 28th, 2017, 17:40
The updates are in the Test channel now.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
November 29th, 2017, 17:24
Moon Wizard was kind enough to send me a list of every single reference to Monsters & Treasure in the entire line of DLC so we can quickly fix anything I break. :)

One thing I'm going to do is eliminate different sized tokens. So, for example, the Arrowhawk has a small, medium, and large version of the NPC. There are also small, medium and large tokens. I'm going to just make one single token for all of them and let the GM handle any scaling she wants to. All new tokens will be the size of the current large tokens 200x200 or possibly 256x256 I'll see what I've done in the past and what Zacc does for 5E for comparisons.

Talyn
November 30th, 2017, 02:26
Monsters & Treasure

Just sent a new patch, and JPG pushed it to the TEST channel already.

First two color tokens, seen in Discord today, for the Assassin Vine and Bugbear.
New rollable table for Potion of Giant Strength
All variants of the Potion of Giant Strength have been created as items, and the Combat Tracker effect syntax in their descriptions.
All categories of magic items (potions, scrolls, wands, rods, staves, rings, etc.) except for the WEAPONS category now appear in the sorting filters.
All scrolls were previously listed as potions. Fixed.
All potions and scrolls now contain the full descriptive text to use them, rather than a generic "see [spell]" except Trap the Soul which now contains a link to the spell.

Talyn
November 30th, 2017, 17:55
Players Handbook

Patch sent to TEST.

The illusionist spell persistent image has been misspelled "persistant image" since the 5th Printing DLC. Fixed.

Talyn
November 30th, 2017, 18:17
Monsters & Treasure

Patch heading to TEST...

New descriptive format for monsters. I'm going in alphabetical order, and I've only just begun so not many are updated yet. But this lets you see the new vs. the old.
First batch of full-size images linked to the NPC descriptions. The "unidentified" title will be left blank so that if the GM is using that option, players won't see the actual monster name. This is a reference module, however, so images are required to be set read-only. (Note: I forgot to set monster images to 'unidentified' in this release. It's already fixed on my end for next release.)
Collapsible Index window in the Library now, so the GM can view monsters sorted by Alpha, by Hit Die, and by Type. As stated above, I've just started the process, so these lists are largely empty with this release. Again, this is on TEST specifically so you all can see where I'm going with these updates and ::wink wink:: provide some useful feedback ::nudge nudge:: for me.
JohnD requested descriptive text in chat frames for the monsters, like the Pathfinder bestiaries do. I did this for the aboleth. I'll be honest, the thought of manually going through each monster and taking the TLG text and rearranging it on my own for these frames is not overly appealing. If anyone has already done this, posting your examples would be a great example of the useful feedback I'm looking for...

Talyn
December 7th, 2017, 22:49
Monsters & Treasure

New WIP patch to TEST:

Complete monsters A thru E — except Dragon. Haven't touched dragons yet.
I felt there was enough data in the overall Elf NPC description (which is also in the reference manual) to create Elf, Drow as its own NPC. Feedback on that, please! Also feedback if you'd like the other sub-races built or not (assuming the source text has enough npc info to do so).

I'd also like feedback on how I'm doing the descriptive text layout. Remember how I said I took an approach to use the TLG text but a layout similar to what you'd see in 5E and Pathfinder? (I chose to lean more towards Pathfinder since they're both 3E-derivative games, but specifically because neither ruleset has all the NPC sheet scripting for their abilities that 5E does.)

Talyn
December 15th, 2017, 18:47
Monsters & Treasure

New update to the TEST channel:

Completed monsters through 'F'
Many more of the reference tables added to the Treasure chapter of the reference manual.
Table 4.1: Potions now available as a rollable table! It's set to Parcel output but (so far) tables are not set read-only so adjust as you need.
All Oils/Potions in Table 4.1 have been created as items with their corresponding spells linked in the descriptions. Note: two entries give a choice between Oil or Potion. Only the potion is linked to the table but both variants have been created as items under the Potion category.
Applicable notes added to the Fantasy Grounds Conversion Notes page of the reference manual.

The description for the Potion of Water Walk is dripping with sarcasm, as such a spell does not exist despite multiple references in the Players Handbook. :confused: I've emailed Steve Chenault on the matter, hoping he'll whip up an explicit description so I can add the missing spell to the PHB and link it to the potion.

Andraax
December 15th, 2017, 21:29
The "Water Walk" spell is listed under "Air / Water Walk".

Talyn
December 15th, 2017, 21:34
[censored] [censored] and [censored] this [censored] stuff! I [censored] hate when they do that crap! And it literally did not come up in a word search in the PDF either. Sigh. I'm seriously considering splitting those into two separate spells in the Players Handbook...

Andraax
December 15th, 2017, 21:55
Word search works for me...

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/water_walk.jpg

Talyn
December 15th, 2017, 22:08
Right, I got several hits on the phrase but oddly none took me to the actual spell Air/Water Walk other than that short description table there. Not sure why, it's spelled the same on the real spell description. Anyway, it's fixed on my end but not uploaded yet. I'm attempting to wrangle the dragons before I send the next patch before I forget them.

Talyn
December 16th, 2017, 14:00
New patches just committed:

Players Handbook

Corrected spelling (and recordname) of the ventriloquism spell

Monsters & Treasure (TEST channel)

Corrected the Potion of Water Walk
Deleted page026.jpg and repurposed the monster image version for the reference manual.
Added the first few dragons! Black, Blue, Red and Green.

In addition, there's a FEEDBACK version of the Black Dragon (only in the 'NPC' master index). Differences include:

XP added to the dragon age category table
All abilities in LIST form rather than paragraph text
Unique abilities now appear in a 'spell' window rather than plain text.

Compare the two and let me know which layout is easiest to use as a GM.

Andraax
December 16th, 2017, 15:18
I like having the XP in the table. I don't care whether or not you also have them in the main description ("See table" is fine, or have the original block of text, but actually having it in the table is good.) All other features of the "feedback" version I like.

Talyn
December 16th, 2017, 16:04
I'm considering going back and doing the abilities in list format to all the other monsters too. It takes up less space on the page that way, not having the blank space between paragraphs.

For dragons, I'm considering moving 'Dragon Magic' into the Dragon Abilities and just using generic text since it's the same for all of them. At least on a cursory glance. I'll read them all before I make a decision on that.

JohnD
December 16th, 2017, 17:24
I'm struggling with drone duty at the moment, but will have another look this evening.

Talyn
December 16th, 2017, 23:18
Not sure when this will get pushed to TEST but just made another patch:

Monsters & Treasure

Executive Decision! I like the list format appearance (see previous patch notes with the (Feedback) version of the Black Dragon) so I went back through every monster I'd already done (A through F, except the remaining dragons) and put all abilities in lists.
Tweaked the Special Attack data field text for a few monsters to ensure their effects (immunities mostly) would auto-apply when placed onto the Combat Tracker.

JohnD
December 16th, 2017, 23:50
I concur with Andraax.

Talyn
December 20th, 2017, 16:58
Just sent the following patches. Moon Wizard is traveling so there will probably be a delay before they get pushed to Live and TEST, respectively:

Players Handbook (LIVE)

Corrected formatting for a spell description
Silver arrows were listed under an incorrect item type (remnant from previous DLC package). Fixed.

Monsters & Treasure (TEST)

Beyond this point, there be dragons! All base dragon templates are now completed.
'G' monsters completed.
Reference manual pages added for Golems and Hags.
All scrolls in Table 4.2 have been created as items, with their appropriate spell linked in the descriptions.
Table 4.2 is a rollable table as well! The generic 'spell level' scroll items have been hidden from the master index and will only appear from this table output.

Moon Wizard
December 20th, 2017, 23:07
The books are bundled together with the ruleset, so all the updates are in the Test channel for now.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
December 30th, 2017, 16:03
Monsters & Treasure

Monsters through 'H' completed.
Hydra stats (HD, AC, Treasure, XP) put into a table, similar to Dragons.
Both subrace/variants of the Hydra are now their own entry.
A bunch more of the magic items have been remastered as both (Template) and built out into their individual options. CT Effect listed where appropriate.

Talyn
December 30th, 2017, 20:04
Sneak patch since JPG is out for the weekend/holiday! :)

Monsters & Treasure

Monsters through 'K' completed.
Added Cougar as a new entry, using the supplied stats from the Lion entry.
Tables 4.3 (A-D) added as rollable tables.
The four magical shields in M&T now show in the Items master index under 'Armor' with the 'Shield' subtype. They do contain the AC 1 data but they can still be any shield type so as GM you'll still need to figure out the weight, EV and gold values. (That's the case with 99% of the magic armors and weapons.)

damned
December 30th, 2017, 23:06
Well done Talyn.

Talyn
December 31st, 2017, 14:56
Thank ya, kind sir! Hope you're doing well? :)

Players Handbook (TEST channel)

Minor patch which I forgot to do several days ago...

Polymorph Other was missing from the appropriate spell lists. (The spell could still be found from the Spells master index.) Fixed.
Renamed the <polymorph> data node to <polymorphself> for data consistency.

That's it for 2017! I have to get up for work at 5am tomorrow so everyone feel free to party extra hard for me since I can't at all. Happy New Year!

Talyn
January 14th, 2018, 21:00
Players Handbook (TEST channel)

Added Attribute Modifiers table to the Quick Reference Index
Fixed a major oopsie in the Animate Dead spell description text formatting.
Added the Spellbook sidebars to the Illusionist and Wizard class sheets, per @kruvek's request.

Talyn
January 17th, 2018, 21:18
TEST Channel Updates

Players Handbook

Removed a placeholder link that I had decided to not use then forgot about. Whoops! :)

Monsters & Treasure

Monsters through 'L' remastered
"Lycanthrope" page added to reference manual
Fixed link to werebear token (the b&w classic one)
Ok, all the weapons, armors and shields will now show in the Items master index window under the filterable categories of Magical Armor, Magical Shield and Magical Weapon. They have the subtype of Armor Quality, Shield Quality or Weapon Quality (identical to how they are setup in the Pathfinder ruleset) to kinda drive home that these are properties that you give to custom weapons you create for your adventures, not something you just drag and drop. However, the ruleset does not show (or use) subtypes (except to determine if a weapon is melee or ranged in the combat scripts) so, the data is there but you can't see it. :confused: You're welcome? lol
Bane Weapon rollable table linked in the bane weapon items.
Dragon Slayer table is now also a rollable table, and linked in the dragon slayer item.

Talyn
January 19th, 2018, 16:14
Updates to TEST channel:

Castle Tokens

Added <displayname> tag to definition.xml to clean up the name visually. Sigh.

Monsters & Treasure

added tables thru 4.5E to reference manual. Everything on those tables are now built as items (only one was missing, plus one was renamed for 4th Printing).
built Elemental Gem as a template and each version of it individually
All (Template) items (except Ioun Stones) have their individual items linked
rollable table for Belt of Giant Strength

Talyn
January 24th, 2018, 02:02
Big update to TEST channel!

Players Handbook

Decided on a new layout for the Races sheets to match the Class sheets.
Updated layout for traits and abilities.
Set 'locked' status for traits and abilities.

Monsters & Treasure

Ioun Stones linked to template item.
Rings of Elemental Command, Energy Resistance, Protection, and Wizardry created as template items, and each version built as its own item.
Tables 4.6 – 4.9 added to Treasure chapter of reference manual.
Tables 4.5 – 4.9 added as rollable tables with parcel output.
Marked items (Tables 4.5+) non-identified; will mark previous items at a later date.
Items in Tables 4.5+ have their GP and XP values set; will mark previous items at a later date.
Created all wands in Table 4.7 as items.
For 'wand of polymorph' I chose the 'polymorph any object' spell since it's the most powerful, rather than creating a template and a wand for each polymorph variant. Feedback if you'd like me to reconsider.
Added spell links to all staves.
Bad link for copper dragon 'transmute rock to mud.' Fixed.
Bad link for efreeti 'scorching ray.' Fixed.
Removed the Magical Treasure list from the main library page. It was a relic from the previous DLC and was incomplete with bad links. I will build a proper list once I get all the items finished. Use the campaign Items button for now.
Added remaining descriptions to the Magical Treasure page in the reference manual.

JohnD
January 24th, 2018, 03:58
Excellent work. Thanks for this.

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 01:11
Thanks, I'm quite proud of this. I just hope it gets used! :)

Today's update, TEST channel:

Players Handbook

renamed gnome <enhancedsenses> data path to <enhancedhearing>
added spell links to the gnome ability 'spells'
added (Elven Lineage) descriptor to half-elf enhanced senses ability to avoid confusion or tab-flipping

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 03:45
One more update before bed.

Monsters & Treasure

In the 'Errors and Inadequacies' thread, JohnD requested the Special Poisons from Appendix B. So after a brief discussion on Discord today, here they are, with the item type "Special Poison" so you can filter them in the Items master index.
Created a Special Poisons equipment list entry in the Library. Finally gave me an excuse to try the reference_groupedlist class and it worked the first try! ::happy dance::

Players Handbook

Added size and speed data to each race for upcoming ruleset drag-n-drop functionality.

Asterionaisien
January 25th, 2018, 08:48
Hello, thank you for the hard work!
I've also found some typo in the player handbook and monster manual.

a)The ankegh entry mention a spit acid ability, but there is no description for it, nor rollable damage.

b)player handbook optional rules, multiclassing in C&C: the hit dice table has no headers; also, the second column content seems off , and in the sixth column, fifth row there is a typo maybe?

c)player handbook optional rules, class and half: table headers off; also the values in the table should be different from multiclassing.

I did not check the rules' descriptions, nor I own the 7 printing, so please forgive me if TLG has done some changes i dont know of.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 15:50
@Asterionaisien, dude, thanks so much for reporting those!

It's been awhile so I'm tempted to say I literally plopped the table from the old DLC right into the reference manual. So yeah, several values were just flat out wrong and the entire tables were not supposed to be bold font either.

With the Ankheg, I'm guessing I left out the spit attack because of the saving throw involved. I assumed (there we go with making assumptions again) the GM would have that handled rather than having to "fix" the combat damage that just took place. However, I just added it, so let me know what you think. More importantly, since I've just been heads-down in Notepad++ this whole time manually remastering each monster one at a time from the old DLC, this made me actually load the ankheg into the combat tracker and hey, guess what? It had no attacks, no nothing. None of them did. The ruleset updated those data paths at some point so I did a global search/replace and switched them all over to the new data paths so now all the NPC sheets will be correctly filled out and the combat info will load into the combat tracker.

So, before I go to work for a few days soon, patch just sent to TEST channel:

Players Handbook

All tables in Appendix A fixed formatting and corrected cell values.

Monsters & Treasure

Updated all monster data paths to new (correct) data paths. DOH! :o
Added 'spit acid' attack to Ankheg.

Asterionaisien
January 25th, 2018, 16:19
I'll do the same if I find other ones.
Glad to have been useful :)

Talyn
January 25th, 2018, 16:30
Well, you forced me to notice all the monsters were broken, so yeah, you were SUPER useful! :D :D :D

Moon Wizard switched back over to working on the Unity networking code last night, so there may be a delay til this patch gets pushed to the TEST channel...

Edit: Turns out the monsters were not broken at all, there was a problem with the NPC window class being used from the master index list, which is exactly how I was looking at these monsters today. Moon Wizard issued a ruleset fix today, and reverted my monster data back to the previous tags which were correct all along.
Whew, thought I was going crazy... I knew I had examined several and played some mock combats to check things so I was a bit flummoxed this morning when the sheets were mostly blank.

Thanks, again JPG! :)

Talyn
February 4th, 2018, 21:54
CastleTokens.mod

Renamed to 'Legacy Tokens' instead of 'Classic'

Monsters & Treasure

Monsters thru 'R' remastered
New 'Magic Items' list added to Library entry
Deck of Many Things (Alternate Version) added to rollable tables
'Special Poison' type renamed to 'Poison' for compatibility with Crusader's Companion remaster and general future-proofing
Naga and Ooze pages added to reference manual
Rollable tables put into groups for easier filtering
Belt of Giant Strength rollable table set to 'parcel' output

Talyn
February 5th, 2018, 16:51
Final Patch! This sucker goes live tomorrow with the v3.3.4 client update so I had to rush through the night and all morning to finish it up.

Monsters & Treasure

All monsters remastered and updated to 4th Printing stats!
Trolls now separated into Hill and River Troll entries
Vampires, wights and wraiths have their spawn NPCs created and ready to play
Deck of Many Things (and Alternate Version) added to reference manual (text tables)
Description of Deck of Many Things (item) now refers the CK to the reference manual rather than having a huge wall of text on the item itself.

Ruleset

Equipment and Item sheets now read 'Value' rather than 'Cost'

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22122&stc=1&d=1517850242

I'm still waiting on the token ring art from TLG so the color tokens will come in a later patch. I was on a deadline to finish this before v3.3.4 went live, so here we are. I'm comfortable that it's plenty good enough to go live without the color tokens. There's still room for me to add split more items into templates and their individual variants, and so forth, down the road. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Note: If you haven't been on the TEST channel, this update will break some of the adventure DLC (monster links). I wasn't aware I was on a deadline until late last night, so I haven't had time to go through the DLC and hotfix it yet. I'll start working on that ASAP, hopefully will be able to catch all/most of it before the huge Tuesday update queue goes live.

Talyn
February 6th, 2018, 03:14
Stealth Update: I just did a really "quick and dirty" remaster of A0 Rising Knight. It isn't totally up to my normal standards, especially "under the hood" but it's cleaned up a little, prettied up a little, Story Scenes are organized (hey, what a concept!) and most importantly everything the new M&T broke now works.

I'll eventually get it cleaned up to something I'm happier with, but this needed to get done before the big update tomorrow.

JohnD
February 6th, 2018, 04:59
Had another look at the changes before my game tonight... really like them. Thank you so much for putting in the time/effort... I certainly will buy any upcoming C&C content that you work on.

Asterionaisien
February 7th, 2018, 17:53
Stealth Update: I just did a really "quick and dirty" remaster of A0 Rising Knight. It isn't totally up to my normal standards, especially "under the hood" but it's cleaned up a little, prettied up a little, Story Scenes are organized (hey, what a concept!) and most importantly everything the new M&T broke now works.

I'll eventually get it cleaned up to something I'm happier with, but this needed to get done before the big update tomorrow.

I really, REALLY thank you! I'm playing it with my group, so this is a very cool surprise, and if i'll find something to be fixed will inform you asap. :)

On a sidenote, i do not see the new grapghic (the small tlg icon) on my client, I did something wrong?

Talyn
February 7th, 2018, 18:41
Which icon do you mean?

And you're welcome! I've been wanting an A0 remaster for awhile now and it didn't even occur to me until a couple hours before the update patcher started compiling everything, so like I said this is literally a 'quick-n-dirty' remaster that I did in maybe 2 hours? Less?

Asterionaisien
February 7th, 2018, 18:49
These22145

Talyn
February 7th, 2018, 18:52
Oh, that's from my personal TLG theme, that's why my windows don't have the grey background either. :) Not sure it'll ever be something I'd actually release since I pulled some trickery to theme the two different sections of the reference manual separately to match the books.

Asterionaisien
February 7th, 2018, 18:52
Oh ok , tyvm, I was just worried about a bad install or something like that.

Targas
February 8th, 2018, 16:25
Thank you very much Talyn for your work. I‘m silently watching the c&c group, because it‘s one of my favourite game systems.

Varsuuk
February 9th, 2018, 06:15
Oh, that's from my personal TLG theme, that's why my windows don't have the grey background either. :) Not sure it'll ever be something I'd actually release since I pulled some trickery to theme the two different sections of the reference manual separately to match the books.

Well great work - much appreciated and I too liked what you did with the window backgrounds and icon!

Talyn
February 14th, 2018, 17:39
Rune Lore — note this is a HOTFIX only!

Rune Mark class now shows up in the campaign Class list/window.
Class abilities now work.
Medical Equipment list now populates.

And that's pretty much it. SmiteWorks recently gave permission for Rune Lore to be my next remaster project (after doing some new DLC first) however last night TLG announced in their Kickstarter update for The Adventurer's Backpack that they were totally discontinuing Rune Lore as a product. The Rune Mark class will be moved over to The Adventurer's Backpack. In light of this development, I've taken any remaster plans off the table. I will be doing The Adventurer's Backpack when it releases.

Edit

@Moon Wizard stepped in today while I'm at work and ran a script to fix all the broken links. Most were to Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde it sounds like? Anyway, it was cleared to be pushed for Tuesday's update.

Post Edit

My final hotfix just submitted, everything goes live Tuesday.

class reference_list added to Library. Forgot to do that last week so the only way to access to class was from the campaign Class button. Fixed.
combined all three rune lists into a single grouped list for easier perusal.

Talyn
February 21st, 2018, 20:45
Castle Keepers Guide

For some reason, this was a Player Module (client.xml) by default instead of a GM Module (db.xml). FIXED
As noted in the other thread, none of the abilities worked. FIXED.

Will most likely get pushed to Live next Tuesday as usual.

JohnD
February 22nd, 2018, 04:21
Rune Lore — note this is a HOTFIX only!

Rune Mark class now shows up in the campaign Class list/window.
Class abilities now work.
Medical Equipment list now populates.

And that's pretty much it. SmiteWorks recently gave permission for Rune Lore to be my next remaster project (after doing some new DLC first) however last night TLG announced in their Kickstarter update for The Adventurer's Backpack that they were totally discontinuing Rune Lore as a product. The Rune Mark class will be moved over to The Adventurer's Backpack. In light of this development, I've taken any remaster plans off the table. I will be doing The Adventurer's Backpack when it releases.

Edit

@Moon Wizard stepped in today while I'm at work and ran a script to fix all the broken links. Most were to Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde it sounds like? Anyway, it was cleared to be pushed for Tuesday's update.

Post Edit

My final hotfix just submitted, everything goes live Tuesday.

class reference_list added to Library. Forgot to do that last week so the only way to access to class was from the campaign Class button. Fixed.
combined all three rune lists into a single grouped list for easier perusal.

If this is going to be discontinued as a product, and given the state of, well, "50% unfinished" might actually not be too harsh an estimate/descriptor, I hope that Smiteworks is looking at something to do right by the people who paid for an unusable product.

I've said as much in Discord, but I'm mentioning it here as well to make note of the concern. I don't want to derail this particular thread, but I think tptb would do well by their C&C customers to give some serious thought to this.

On the positive side, thanks again for the work you've put in... it has made a huge step forward in using this ruleset.

JohnD
February 22nd, 2018, 04:21
Castle Keepers Guide

For some reason, this was a Player Module (client.xml) by default instead of a GM Module (db.xml). FIXED
As noted in the other thread, none of the abilities worked. FIXED.

Will most likely get pushed to Live next Tuesday as usual.

More music playing in my head.

Now, if only the voices would shut up.

Talyn
February 22nd, 2018, 05:38
If this is going to be discontinued as a product, and given the state of, well, "50% unfinished" might actually not be too harsh an estimate/descriptor, I hope that Smiteworks is looking at something to do right by the people who paid for an unusable product.

Troll Lords is officially discontinuing it on their end. Whether SmiteWorks removes the DLC (which would only be for new purchases; if you own it already you'd still have access to it from what I was told anyway) that's their decision. I gave them my opinion on the matter. @Moon Wizard was very kind to jump in and repair all the broken links for me, that is much appreciated. As to the rest of the Rune Lore complaints in the other thread, as I said above if TLG is discontinuing the product I don't see any reason to spend a month or two remastering it here when all of the playable bits (class, runes, etc.) will be part of The Adventurer's Backpack.

On the positive side, thanks again for the work you've put in... it has made a huge step forward in using this ruleset.

Thank you for using it :) And for being my DLC Beta Reader! :p

Varsuuk
February 26th, 2018, 14:04
Appreciate the work you’ve been doing. All the more so that I got into a game and can actually experience said work now.

Talyn
February 26th, 2018, 21:28
Castle Keeper's Guide

My remaster+update of Monsters & Treasure broke several links in the encounter tables; I knew that going into it. FIXED.
There were a bunch of other pre-broken links. FIXED.
Added table number/title to the rollable tables.
Organized all the tables by chapter for easier filtering in the campaign window dropdown list, à la the 5E DMG.
The "Starter Spells" tables in Ch 2 now link directly to the spell data.

Cool? I thought so. But wait, there's more!

NEW MODULE!

Castle Keeper's Guide: Player Options

New separate Player Module (sharing enabled by default) containing all player-facing data, à la the 5E DMG.
All classes (Extended Levels) are built and ready to go with drag and drop abilities.
The racial variants (deep dwarf, longleaf halfling, and orc) are likewise built with drag and drop traits.
The "Starter Spell" tables mentioned above are copied into this modules so the players have the option of rolling their own random spells. (The "Summoning" tables remain in the CKG because they link to Monsters & Treasure which players do not (by default) have access to.)
The equipment list in Ch 3 has been moved here in the form of a Goods & Services list (same as the PHB) so players can shop for themselves. Items have been categorized the same as the new PHB for consistent filtering.
The Vampire Hunter Kit is the first Equipment Pack for the C&C ruleset. Works identically to 5E — drop this into a character's inventory and it will unload all the contained items. That script was a stealth update in preparation for The Adventurer's Backpack a little while back that wasn't in the patch notes. :)

@JohnD is helping me with the values for the items in the Vampire Hunter Kit tonight, then hopefully I'll get this whole thing uploaded in time for the usual Tuesday Update tomorrow.

Edit: It's uploaded now. If @JohnD and I can hammer out the gp values for the items in the kit, cool, they'll go in tomorrow. Otherwise they'll be in next week's patch.

Varsuuk
February 26th, 2018, 21:32
Ho hum... so when are you going to start impr... what the hot holy hell?! Good job sir :)

I don’t recall reading so many C&C patch notes as I have in last couple months. Thank you all.

JohnD
February 27th, 2018, 19:51
Nice work here, as usual. ☺

Trueshaft
March 1st, 2018, 06:34
Wow, so much good stuff going in. Thanks for everything you do!

Talyn
March 1st, 2018, 13:37
The Black Libram of Nartarus

This is a complete remaster of the old product! It will still be a free update for current owners.

Reference Manual, of course.
Some images are now higher quality.
NPCs updated to match the layout of the new Monsters & Treasure. Resistances phrased so the Combat Tracker auto-parses.
All NPCs have a description that can be clicked to the chat frame.
Tokens! These are actually the original tokens that no one ever saw because the links were incorrectly coded. NPCs without art have letter tokens.
Spells updated, cleaned up, and new class spell lists created.
Magic Items now show up in the Items campaign window, and contain all data and categorization, just like those in Monsters & Treasure.
Minor copy-editing to clean up some of the text in various places.

I'm still waiting for that token ring art so I can put the new tokens into Monsters & Treasure. Once that happens, I will make all-new versions of these tokens as well.

Talyn
March 1st, 2018, 19:49
Fields of Battle

HOTFIX

User on Discord was reporting console errors every time one of the tables was clicked. That's because they weren't actually tables, they were just text pages which were put in the wrong place. FIXED.

This update (and the Black Libram of Nartarus remaster) are both on the TEST channel right now and scheduled to be pushed to LIVE next Tuesday as usual.

Talyn
March 6th, 2018, 01:25
Castle Keeper's Guide HOTFIX

As @frankinson reported on the other thread:

Typo on the Chapter 1 link. FIXED
Links to the cleric and druid text pages missing. FIXED

As discussed on Discord, the order is actually correct as the current Castle Keeper's Guide DLC is the 2010 First Printing and that's how the book was laid out. When @Mortar remasters the CKG to Second Printing it will reflect the new layout.

Talyn
March 7th, 2018, 04:56
The Town of Kalas

HOTFIX

Added TLG to the author field
This was one of the old-style modules where you load it but nothing shows up in the Library, you just have to know to look in the campaign Story, NPCs, etc. windows. FIXED!

This is actually one of the ones I've sorta-kinda had my eye on remastering. We'll see, I have other items on my queue right now.

Varsuuk
March 7th, 2018, 18:43
Thanks again :)
Yeah, I always had soft spots for towns and bases in AD&D days. The more the merrier, PCs enjoyed meaningfully changing their base of operations.

Talyn
March 8th, 2018, 19:43
Fantasy Grounds v3.3.5 just got pushed to TEST channel, and bundled with it:

Ruleset v3.3.5

New partial theme-ish look. We elected to not use my full personal theme as someone discussed previously in this thread, but we did include the TLG link icon and a new background from Players Guide to Aihrde to lighten things up a bit. (Screenshot below)
New beefed-up "ability" window class with additional data fields. I definitely got in over my head on this one, so many thanks to @Moon Wizard and @Ikael for assisting, providing advice, and giving me a few well-deserved Gibbs slaps! :D
Character sheet Abilities tab accepts the new "ability" window class to be dropped.

Players Handbook

Improved text layout/readability in some areas.
Class and race data updated to include new ability fields.

Castle Keepers Guide

Removed the <abilities> data node and any links to it.
Extended levels class pages now are text-only just like the class sheets.
Secondary skills now link to the Player Companion.

Castle Keepers Guide: Player Companion

New name! This will be the "standard" going forth for any GM Module which has a Player Module support component.
All advantages and secondary skills have been built and provided in new library lists and can be dropped onto the Abilities tab of the character sheet!
Classes (Extended Levels) abilities updated to support the new ability window fields.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22543&stc=1&d=1520538908

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2018, 19:46
This is available in the Test channel as part of the v3.3.5 beta.

Cheers,
JPG

JohnD
March 8th, 2018, 19:59
Nice.

Talyn
March 10th, 2018, 21:35
A few of us DLC Developers decided on some category names so here's the first batch updated:

Adventures (plural now)

The Outpost
A1 Assault on Blacktooth Ridge (I also added the various library clickies per @JohnD's complaint thread)

Supplements

Expanding Classes
Fields of Battle
Monsters and Treasure of Aihrde

These are on Test now and scheduled to be pushed to Live on Tuesday as usual. I'll get the other ones in line when I get home from work Monday, hopefully I'll get them all done in time for the Tuesday Update.

Talyn
March 13th, 2018, 03:12
More Category fixes incoming:

Core Rules

Players Handbook
Monsters & Treasure
Castle Keepers Guide

These (and practically everything else) were previously "Castles & Crusades" which, no duh, you loaded the C&C ruleset so of course it's C&C. "Core Rules" brings it in line with practically every other ruleset so there's more user familiarity across the board switching from ruleset to ruleset.

Adventures

Shadows of the Halfling Hall
Slag Heap
Beneath the Despairing Stone
The Town of Kalas
Rune Lore Adventures I and II

Supplements

Monsters of Airdhe I (is this DLC even needed anymore? isn't everything in Monsters & Treasure of Airhde?)
Of Gods and Monsters
Classic Monsters
Deities of the Haunted Highlands
Castellan's Guide to Arms & Armor
Rune Lore

Campaign Settings

After Winter's Dark (dropped the 'CS1' from the name)

Like "Adventures" this category is now plural since more C&C campaign settings will be coming to Fantasy Grounds, hopefully this year.

Companions

Haunted Highlands Spells is now Crater of Umeshti: Player Companion

HOTFIXES:

Beneath the Despairing Stone

The only battle encounter was a random result from a table, not actually a battle encounter. This was in @JohnD's complaint thread as well. For now, I simply commented that section and its library link so FG doesn't see it. An actual fix will have to wait (most likely for a remaster?) unless I get enough feedback that people are wanting to play this NOW.

Talyn
March 14th, 2018, 21:43
Players Handbook

Added the INIT effect to the Quick Reference Index page with the Wiki effects. (The C&C wiki page itself has not yet been updated with that!)

Oh, and I was notified that since the PHB and M&T are included with the ruleset, those (along with CKG just because) are being withheld until v3.3.5 goes live in a couple weeks. All other DLC fixes are on the usual schedule.

JohnD
March 15th, 2018, 01:11
Players Handbook

Added the INIT effect to the Quick Reference Index page with the Wiki effects. (The C&C wiki page itself has not yet been updated with that!)

Where can this be found? In the PHB within FG?

Talyn
March 15th, 2018, 01:19
Yes, I have the entire Wiki effects page in the QRI section of the PHB.

Talyn
March 17th, 2018, 21:42
I wasn't expecting @Moon Wizard's stealth damage string fix yesterday, as I had a few things in the pipeline I wasn't ready to push but now that they have been...

Ruleset v3.3.5

Added "CnC" portrait pack with art from the PHB.
New C&C logo desktop decal provided by TLG.
New record_item window has an XP numeric field, and toggles with the 'ID' function. However, the ref_equipment window does not support this yet which is where you view most items after they've been created. I'll get that next week.

Players Handbook

Added note about [bonus] for the INIT effect to the QRI page.

Monsters & Treasure

Errata for Tables 4.4B and 4.4D applied (reference manual).
Mention of errata on the Fantasy Grounds Conversion Notes (reference manual)
Values from the errata now set on the applicable items.
Item XP is now a numeric field (see item window above)

Talyn
March 17th, 2018, 21:45
Also, it was discovered that the RESIST effect does not work. Damage types were never actually implemented into the ruleset so for now, the RESIST effect is purely informational and the CK will need to manually make damage adjustments.

@Andraax is already hard at work getting those damage types added, however. :D

Mortar
March 18th, 2018, 22:30

Steady progress today.

Talyn
March 19th, 2018, 01:53
Ruleset v3.3.5

Added new "yellow" refblock frame. I forgot to include this in the notes on the initial 3.3.5 update on March 8th.

Talyn
March 19th, 2018, 03:27
Castle Keeper's Guide

Deleted all the equipment, as it was already in the Player Companion where it belonged.
Fixed title of Table 12.2B so they all match now.
Table 18.1 now links to the secondary skills in the Player Companion rather than plain text.
Added a Tables link to the main library entry.

Castle Keeper's Guide: Player Companion

Jeweler skill was mis-named "Jewelry." Fixed.

Talyn
March 20th, 2018, 04:10
Castle Keeper's Guide

Table 18.1 had "d23" as the dice, which was invalid so always rolled a "1." Fixed to 2d12 dice roll. Makes me wonder if the other CKG tables need to be inspected as well, @Mortar. :)

damned
March 20th, 2018, 04:59
Castle Keeper's Guide

Table 18.1 had "d23" as the dice, which was invalid so always rolled a "1." Fixed to 2d12 dice roll. Makes me wonder if the other CKG tables need to be inspected as well, @Mortar. :)

a D23 should still produce output...?
However the 2d12 will give a vastly different probability on each of those values...

JohnD
March 20th, 2018, 06:18
Secondsry skills number 2-24 on a random roll.

Talyn
March 20th, 2018, 13:15
I'm of the group who completely could not care less about dice probability mathematics. The table is 2-24 which at a real life table would be 2d12. I will concede that it's entirely plausible I was randomly getting nothing but "1" results because random can work that way, but for my two cents I'd rather have it roll the same dice that I would playing face to face. But that's what feedback is for. If FG users want d23+1 that can be arranged.

Trenloe
March 20th, 2018, 13:52
Regarding the secondary skills table, reading the text related to the table helps clarify: "If rolling for secondary skills, roll 2d12 to determine the result."

Talyn
March 21st, 2018, 14:12
Tried to do this before it hit the store but I didn't get access in time...

Elemental Spells

Updated categories to "Supplements" and "Companions"
Renamed the GM module to "Castle Keeper Companion"

Talyn
March 21st, 2018, 18:05
Monsters & Treasure

Added "sassone leaf" as a Type IV poison. (Heart of Darkness)
Built every gemstone found in Table 1.0 as items under the Treasure category.

This is Step 1 to eventually having Table 1.0 (there will actually have to be 18 of them; one for each Treasure Type) be automated to randomly generate a treasure parcel. The way TLG constructed these tables present many challenges, and it remains to be seen if I can pull this off, but in the meantime here are some gemstones you can reward your players. Each gemstone has a description as well (wow did that take a long time researching all these gems...) but no "non_id" names or descriptions. If someone wants those and is willing to come up with the text, I'll happily include them in a future patch.

Varsuuk
March 22nd, 2018, 12:52
Umm... 2d12 all the way...

I'm of the group who completely could not care less about dice probability mathematics. The table is 2-24 which at a real life table would be 2d12. I will concede that it's entirely plausible I was randomly getting nothing but "1" results because random can work that way, but for my two cents I'd rather have it roll the same dice that I would playing face to face. But that's what feedback is for. If FG users want d23+1 that can be arranged.

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2018, 13:28
Umm... 2d12 all the way...
Yeah, the C&C rulebook says that. RAW! ;)

Talyn
March 28th, 2018, 14:29
Monsters & Treasure

New! Featheredged Weapon table, placed in the Magic Items group
Table linked in both featheredged weapon magic item entries
Renamed the 'Special Poisons' list to simply 'Poisons'
Added 'Value' column to the Treasure (Gems) list
Added mention on the conversion notes page (reference manual) that permission was given to include the sassone leaf poison

Lexfire
April 3rd, 2018, 03:26
Was the section in the CKG in chapter 19 (pages 334 to 336) dealing with disease, insanity, and infections with tables for mild, severe, chronic, and terminal infection omitted or am I not looking in the proper area. I did not see them listed in the CKG chapter 19 or listed under tables.

Talyn
April 3rd, 2018, 04:17
The CKG currently available is the previous printing, and Tables 19.1 and 19.2 were all that existed at the time. @Mortar is in the process of remastering the CKG DLC and updating it to the current printing.

JohnD
April 3rd, 2018, 10:51
The CKG currently available is the previous printing, and Tables 19.1 and 19.2 were all that existed at the time. @Mortar is in the process of remastering the CKG DLC and updating it to the current printing.

It will be really nice when it's completed.

Mortar
April 3rd, 2018, 21:52
It will be really nice when it's completed.

Nothing like setting expectations too high :D

Talyn
April 9th, 2018, 16:13
Players Handbook

Corrected the text in the draggable version of the Barbarian's Intimidate ability.

JohnD
April 9th, 2018, 19:01
Any word on ruleset advancements in the pipeline?

For example the initiative modifier capability and damage types? Anything else for that matter?

Thanks.

Talyn
April 25th, 2018, 17:31
Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde

This sucker is finally (mostly) finished and updated to 3rd Printing! The only thing remaining are new tokens. I still don't have a functional token ring "thing" put together than I requested for the core Monsters & Treasure. MTA still uses black & white art so the only change will be the new token ring whenever I get that done and all the art converted.

All data updated to 3rd Printing
All data matches the new layout found in the core modules.
NEW Player Companion module with the classes, races, etc. found in 3rd Printing

Talyn
April 26th, 2018, 21:21
Hotfixes

Just submitted hotfixes for Rune Lore and Of Banishment and Light to correct all links to the new Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde (3rd Printing) DLC.

Mortar
May 17th, 2018, 03:48
Just an update on the CKG redo: ToC for the reference manual is complete, first 7 chapters are complete.

To-do: Chapters 8-19, image optimization and image links

I am trying like hell to get this complete to at least get it into the text channel by the end of May (yes, I am slower than normal with this). There are scary amounts of typos and grammatical errors that I am trying to fix as I go (mislabeled tables, incorrect table references and other inconsistencies. Also, I am trying to get the same look that Talyn presented in the recent PHB redo, so there will revisions down the road to clean up stuff I missed.

Got to say, for the number of sets of eyes that edited this book at TLG the number of errors are scary.

JohnD
May 17th, 2018, 15:33
Happy to do some proofing/review when you'd like.

Talyn
July 19th, 2018, 19:50
Not sure which thread we're supposed to using, but I keep this one bookmarked, so BAM!

C&C Ruleset

C&C Logo Desktop Decals extension added, which provide additional colors of the official Castles & Crusades logo. The default gold one doesn't look all that great with some of the new Simple* themes, for example. Images provided by Troll Lord Games.

Talyn
August 2nd, 2018, 14:03
Players Guide to Aihrde

Add Literacy secondary skill
Add Granted Abilities from the Of Gods and Mortals chapter; all abilities can be dropped onto your character sheet.
Tweak text styles and some spell descriptions to match TLG Style Guide

Edit: This update was just pushed to the Test channel, and will go Live on the usual scheduled update next Tuesday.

Segin
August 12th, 2018, 05:21
Am new to CnC and was reading the PG/GM guide and saw that there were options to the Magic system including mana. Of the options, I thought it would be cool to try out the mana system and began to ponder how to play within the confines of FG, when to my joy, I found I could change to Mana Point system just by clicking. That is some grade A stuff there. Thanks for being awesome.

Andraax
August 12th, 2018, 05:38
I added "One Hour Rest" (for the party on the CT menu, for an individual on the spell tab right click menu) to support Mana spellcasters recently.

Talyn
August 12th, 2018, 16:20
Players Handbook

Added the new info to the Combat Tracker Effects QRI page

Slayveen
August 20th, 2018, 19:17
To all of you sacrificing your time on this THANK YOU!

Talyn
September 17th, 2018, 23:09
Drag and drop support for classes and races is Coming Soon(ish)™ therefore at @Andraax's request:

Players Handbook

The half-elf race has two lineages to choose from—elf or human—each with their own traits. At @Andraax's request to help the (Work In Progress) drag and drop scripts, I have split the half-elf into two separate entries, each for its respective lineage so that the correct traits will auto-populate onto the character sheet.

Players Guide to Aihrde

Same as above for the half-elf
Set the class metadata to lowercase for the drag-n-drop scripts.

scottgeg
September 24th, 2018, 00:19
I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for this but i believe the XP table for the fighter is incorrect, says 2251 for level 2 should be 2001

Talyn
September 24th, 2018, 01:41
I'll take a look when I get home in a few days, thank you for the report!

Talyn
September 26th, 2018, 19:47
Wow, that entire XP table was from a different planet! Thanks for the report!

Players Handbook

Corrected XP tables for Assassin and Fighter classes

The assassin has a single typo: level 9 says "15,0001" but should be "150,001" whereas the entire Fighter XP table was completely wrong.

scottgeg
September 26th, 2018, 19:51
Thank you so much!

Wow, that entire XP table was from a different planet! Thanks for the report!

Players Handbook

Corrected XP tables for Assassin and Fighter classes

The assassin has a single typo: level 9 says "15,0001" but should be "150,001" whereas the entire Fighter XP table was completely wrong.

Talyn
October 8th, 2018, 23:20
C&C Ruleset

I could have sworn we had done this a long time ago, but... I'd be wrong! :)

Added a new Aihrdian calendar module to the ruleset which includes every holiday listed in the Codex of Aihrde tome. NOTE: This does not overwrite the community calendar module available here in the forums!
Minor tweaks to a few of the string values.

Talyn
October 14th, 2018, 23:09
Players Handbook

Ditched the Combat Actions and Combat Maneuvers QRI pages which simply reprinted the info from the PHB and made a new Combat Actions and Maneuvers QRI page (screenshot below) to hopefully make it quick and easy for players to refer to in-game instead of reading text.
Corrected a typo in the ghost sound spell description.
Style fixes: two instances of "Castle Keepers Guide" were italicized rather than bold.

New QRI page follows. Players can quickly find this in the QRI (that's what it's for after all) or can drag it to their hotbars.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24970&stc=1&d=1539554917

Talyn
October 24th, 2018, 14:30
Players Handbook

The hold person spell was missing from the Illusionist spell list. Fixed.

Talyn
October 28th, 2018, 23:41
Players Handbook

Corrected value for invisible defender / blind attacker in the Situational Modifiers chart. Both the reference manual and the QRI page are corrected.

Mortar
November 5th, 2018, 22:46
Castle Keepers Guide

Fixed an incorrect link in refmanual for Table 19.2 Limb Loss

Castle Keepers Guide - Player Companion

Created a QRI - [added] Carrying Capacity Tables

Mortar
November 11th, 2018, 14:59
Castle Keepers Guide

Fixed script error when clicking on "Creating New Spells", Chapter 16, refmanual preview.

Sakusammakko
November 12th, 2018, 08:16
To Talyn and all the others who have been working with this rule set— congrats and thank you!

I used C&C a lot in the FG II iteration and it looks like you’ve taken things to a whole new level.

You’ve inspired me to return to C&C and FG. I only have time for one-shots, but it’s a start!

Talyn
November 12th, 2018, 15:16
Excellent! More C&C players are a good thing!

I'll go ahead and speak for all three of us who do C&C work and say "Thank you!"

Talyn
November 20th, 2018, 22:25
Castles & Crusades ruleset

With Moon Wizard's permission, I ripped some of his new ListViews from the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset and got them to work with C&C. Thanks to Ikael for some Lua (and especially regex!) assistance. The first one is 'npc' which has three listviews: 'byletter', 'byhd', and 'bytype'. This has been implemented into Monsters & Treasure already which allowed me to remove 3,286 lines of markup which manually built those three lists before!

Monsters & Treasure

All three Monster lists have been updated to the new ListViews mentioned above.
Several new rollable tables added!
The 'Tables' library entry is now a GroupedList for easier at-a-glance sorting.
To get certain monsters to cooperate with the new 'byhd' ListView, I had to alter a few hit dice values: Yellow Mold is now listed as "0+1 hp" rather than its previous "1 hp" value; Hellhounds now have both a 4 HD entry and an 8 HD entry; any others (dragons, elementals, etc.) which had various text such as "See table" or "See below" for their HD value now simply say "See text" to avoid having multiple silly groups.

Players Handbook

Fixed some capitalization on a handful of entries.
Leather Coat was incorrectly calling the 'equipment' window class instead of the 'armor' windowclass within the Armor list. Fixed.

Talyn
November 20th, 2018, 22:40

Updated all three monster lists to the new ListViews mentioned above, which allowed me to delete 2,798 lines of markup!

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2018, 04:03
These changes will need to wait for v3.3.7 release, since I've already made changes to the C&C ruleset for v3.3.7.

Regards,
JPG

damned
November 21st, 2018, 06:37
These changes will need to wait for v3.3.7 release, since I've already made changes to the C&C ruleset for v3.3.7.

Regards,
JPG

Hi Moon Wizard - are these changes that all CoreRPG rulesets will need to make?

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2018, 07:18
It's mainly just generalizing the health bars used in most of the D&D-clone party sheets to use a CoreRPG "progressbar" template, instead of the original "statusbar" template duplicated in multiple rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
November 21st, 2018, 14:02
Oooh thanks for the extra little buttons you added to the NPC window Moon Wizard! I had totally forgotten you'd made that suggestion and was just focused on making the 'byhd' listview behave with C&C's wonky HD field. :)

Talyn
November 25th, 2018, 20:09
Monsters & Treasure

New Dragon Age rollable table, also linked in reference manual.
Any undead which were missing their category type (common, extraordinary, unique) in the published book now have it.

Any undead which were missing their category type (common, extraordinary, unique) in the published book now have it.
The naerlulthut has been removed and replaced with entries for each size (small, medium, large) and correct stats for each.
Minor QOL tweaks to the reference manual.

Talyn
November 27th, 2018, 18:55
Castle Keepers Guide

Erroneous links to the Hellhounds in the rollable tables. Fixed.
Minor typos and punctuation. Fixed.
'Tables' link in the Library now grouped by chapter just like the master tables window does.

Didn't mean to step on your toes, Mortar QA told me about it before they realized it was your project. I was already in Notepad++ so this just took a few minutes.

Talyn
December 1st, 2018, 20:23
Castle Keepers Guide

[Fixed] Corrected capitalization for the Chapter 8 tables so the group order sorting works correctly.

[Added] Copied Table 18.1 Secondary Skills here so players may roll their own random secondary skills if the GM wishes.

Talyn
December 3rd, 2018, 05:30
Players Handbook

[Fixed] The disintegrate spell was misspelled. :p

Castle Keepers Guide

[Added] All traps from Chapter 7 (except Roguekiller; deciding whether to fool with that wall of text or not) have been added as hidden NPC types, selectable from the grouped list in the library. They do not show up in the NPC master index. The Find Traps and Disable Traps CL is contained in the Special Attacks field, and applicable PC saves are in the Saves field so the Castle Keeper can view (hopefully) all major necessary info directly from the Combat Tracker.

[Fixed] Orc race was missing drag-n-drop metadata.

Talyn
January 22nd, 2019, 21:28
Players Handbook

Received some feedback requesting the legacy (1st–4th printing) Barbarian class. Troll Lord Games gave their official approval and permission, so here it is!
Minor typography corrections.

Talyn
February 19th, 2019, 16:00
Players Handbook

Fixed links to QRI pages

Talyn
February 27th, 2019, 16:53
Players Handbook

Fixed typo in the Wizard spell list for the disintegrate spell

Talyn
March 27th, 2019, 03:47
Players Handbook

Added official errata text to the dragon image spell regarding failing the saving throw.

Talyn
April 12th, 2019, 18:36
Classic Monsters

[Updated] This DLC of the 2012 Classic Monsters is now updated to the 2016 Classic Monsters & Treasure
[Updated] All NPCs remastered to the current Monsters & Treasure formatting standards
[New] Where art was provided, NPCs now have tokens! Otherwise standard letter tokens apply. (Previous DLC had no tokens)
[New] Magic items from classic mythology

Still awaiting official art assets for the cover to make a desktop decal, but in the meantime, enjoy!

Talyn
April 13th, 2019, 20:33
DB2 Crater of Umeshti Player Companion

[Updated] Remastered to display the actual wizard class spell list for drag/drop

Talyn
April 13th, 2019, 22:43
Players Handbook

Added level 1 to all racial traits so the character sheet Abilities tab doesn't have empty boxes.
[Updated] Changed the title of the Rogue's "Special" ability to "Armor Restrictions" so it's clear what the ability is for without having to click it on the character sheet.

[u]Players Guide to Aihrde

[Updated] Added level 1 to all racial traits so the character sheet Abilities tab doesn't have empty boxes.

Talyn
April 13th, 2019, 23:58
DB1 The Haunted Highlands

[Added] Library section so GM is aware if the module is loaded or not.

This is on The List™ to be remastered, but the entire Haunted Highlands lineup belongs to @Mortar so I'll leave the remaster to him. This is just a hotfix to ensure the product displays in the Library like modern DLC is expected to.

Mortar
April 22nd, 2019, 18:18
Black Library of Nartarus

[Fixed] Minor typos in spell names
[Fixed] Two spells listed in the spell listings at the wrong level (Call Vampire and Lassiter's Violent Disembowelment)

Waiting on some clarification from the Trolls, but there may be more significant changes coming. There is difference between the way the spells are presented in the Black Libram, the way the same information is presented in the Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands, and the FG module does not correctly match either of them.

Talyn
April 22nd, 2019, 21:58
A1 Assault on Blacktooth Ridge

New display name with A1 in title
Token-less NPCs now have letter tokens
Data records properly locked

A2 Slag Heap

New display name with A1 in title
Data records properly locked
Fixed broken links to images

A3 Wicked Cauldron

Added Library
New display name with A3 in title

A4 Usurpers of the Fell Horn

Added Library
New display name with A4 in title

A5 The Shattered Horn

Added Library
New display name with A5 in title
New thumbnail

A7 Beneath the Standing Stones

Added Library
New display name with A7 in title
New thumbnail

A8 Forsaken Mountain

Added Library
New display name with A8 in title
Fixed links to existing letter tokens
Removed link to image that does not exist

A9 The Helm of Night

Added Library
New display name with A9 in title
Fixed links to existing letter tokens

These are all just small patches, primarily to add a Library section so the GMs are aware they have the DLC loaded or not. Any NPCs that had blank token fields now have letter tokens, regardless of whether one of the bestiaries have tokens for them or not. If a proper token was already assigned, that remained.

JohnD
April 23rd, 2019, 00:51
Black Library of Nartarus

[Fixed] Minor typos in spell names
[Fixed] Two spells listed in the spell listings at the wrong level (Call Vampire and Lassiter's Violent Disembowelment)

Waiting on some clarification from the Trolls, but there may be more significant changes coming. There is difference between the way the spells are presented in the Black Libram, the way the same information is presented in the Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands, and the FG module does not correctly match either of them.

You say this is a problem but you're missing the underlying consistency in the inconsistency.

Talyn
April 23rd, 2019, 02:14
You say this is a problem but you're missing the underlying consistency in the inconsistency.

This is the reason I wield the Infinity Gauntlet, to bend reality to my will and make the universe right and whole! :p

Mortar
April 23rd, 2019, 13:54

[Fixed] Minor Typos

Mortar
April 27th, 2019, 18:30
[Updated] To reference manual format
[Added] Image list to library links
[Updated] refimages folder to images folder to ensure continuity across ruleset

Asterionaisien
April 28th, 2019, 09:20
Hello,

about the Deities of the haunted highlands, i noticed that some deities are missing a link to the images of their symbol in the current iteration of the module.
The ones missing it are:

*Taxus the pillar
*Kyulashedrac

Sincerely,

Asterionaisien

Asterionaisien
April 28th, 2019, 09:32
*sorry for double post, couldnt find a way to remove it :cry:

Hello,

about the Deities of the haunted highlands, i noticed that some deities are missing a link to the images of their symbol in the current iteration of the module.
The ones missing it are:

*Taxus the pillar
*Kyulashedrac

Sincerely,

Asterionaisien

Mortar
April 28th, 2019, 11:41
To complete the update to the reference manual I had to rely solely on the images already within in, in which case the two you specifically mentioned don't have an image included.

This module was originally released on Fantasy Grounds in 2010 and has only seen maintenance since then to keep it working. I believe that those images weren't included in the original product that this module is based upon. I don't have it as it is no longer available. That product, as well as The Black Libram of Nartarus and a portion of DB1 The Haunted Highlands were later combined into the the Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands. When those three products were combined there were a bunch of changes introduced, especially to the spells.

The Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands adaptation is almost ready to be handed over to QA to do their checks before it goes into the store. Once I have those changes I mentioned clarified they will be added into the combined Player's Guide and sent in for release.

JohnD
May 6th, 2019, 16:57
Anything coming down the pipe with respect to actual ruleset enhancements?

scottgeg
May 25th, 2019, 22:00
I’m also curious...

Anything coming down the pipe with respect to actual ruleset enhancements?

Talyn
June 21st, 2019, 02:35
Ruleset

[Added] Conditions column in the Effects window now populated!
[Fixed] Combat Tracker (CT) was changing NPC levels to their BtH.

That second one was my fix. Andraax has final say in the matter. I'll flag this to stay in the TEST channel until he tells SmiteWorks to greenlight it.

Talyn
June 21st, 2019, 04:41
Players Handbook

[Fixed] Character in the URL for the QSR PDF that XML validation did not like
[Added] Custom effects and modifiers, courtesy of JohnD

The new effects and modifiers are pretty much the same as JohnD's community DLC here in the forums. If you use that and have the PHB loaded, you'll see duplicates.

Depending on feedback for some of those modifiers, we may bump them out of the custom (right) column and place them over in the left column.

Talyn
June 21st, 2019, 19:17
C1 The Mortality of Green

[Added] Library section!
[Fixed] Moved Credits and OGL pages out of Story and into Library pages
[Fixed] Locked all Story and Item records
[Added] Display name so this will now show and sort as C1 The Mortality of Green in your module activation window
[Removed] Stupid category names everywhere except Story; that will be fixed later (read below)

This update is to clean a couple things up in preparation for our newest DLC Developer @JohnD whose first project for C&C is to remaster C1 and C2 then build the remaining C-series adventures. Welcome aboard, John! :)

Trenloe
June 21st, 2019, 19:25
This update is to clean a couple things up in preparation for our newest DLC Developer @JohnD whose first project for C&C is to remaster C1 and C2 then build the remaining C-series adventures. Welcome aboard, John! :)
Nice one. Welcome aboard John! It's about time, been lurking on these boards for ages... ;)

JohnD
June 21st, 2019, 22:30
Nice one. Welcome aboard John! It's about time, been lurking on these boards for ages... ;)

As long as I stick to putting together modules, I should be OK.

Talyn
June 22nd, 2019, 03:02
Ruleset

Increased default width of Story pages by 100px.

If I recall, any Story pages you've already opened will be saved to whatever their size/position was when you closed them? So this should only affect newly opened Story pages.
If you'd prefer to reset all window status, close Fantasy Grounds, open the campaign folder and delete the windowstate.xml file. Upon opening Fantasy Grounds again, all window sizes and positions will be defaulted.

Andraax
August 14th, 2019, 03:32
More updates pushed to test today.

New effect: Unconscious (-10 to AC)
New effect: Bleeding (-1 HP every round)
New effect: Dead
New status icon for "Dead"
Optionally (defaulted on) auto-apply Unconscious / Bleeding / Dead at appropriate hit point levels
Better handling of "Heal" damage type

And previously released (but I don't think it was ever announced): BtH for character type NPCs fixed when adding to CT.

Andraax
August 15th, 2019, 17:28
Just requested another update to test:

Add optional blood splat icon for Dead tokens.

dr_venture
August 16th, 2019, 16:24
Just poking my head in the door to say "Hi". The last few years have been pretty hard, and I've gotten no gaming done whatsoever. Hopefully that will change at least a little soon. In any case, so glad to see all the familiar names and folks taking the C&C ruleset to the next level! I can't imagine how much of my old hacked together materials will still work when I open them again... ugh.

Thanks everyone!!!

Andraax
August 16th, 2019, 16:35
Hey guy, can you update your signature? I don't want to confuse people on where to report bugs / request features for the C&C ruleset....

damned
August 17th, 2019, 01:28
Just poking my head in the door to say "Hi". The last few years have been pretty hard, and I've gotten no gaming done whatsoever. Hopefully that will change at least a little soon. In any case, so glad to see all the familiar names and folks taking the C&C ruleset to the next level! I can't imagine how much of my old hacked together materials will still work when I open them again... ugh.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hey Doc! Good to see you! I hope things are looking up for you!

dr_venture
August 17th, 2019, 07:26
Hey guy, can you update your signature? I don't want to confuse people on where to report bugs / request features for the C&C ruleset....

Why, what's in my sig ... DOH! Sorry, man. That link was a wee bit... "stale," yeah.

Andraax
August 18th, 2019, 04:08
OK, made a few more changes to the ruleset and an update to the player's handbook.

Ruleset:

Added standard modifiers for Paralyzed, Blinded, Dazed.

Player's Handbook:

Updated the standard Effects and Modifiers.

JohnD
August 19th, 2019, 00:03

Thanks everyone!!!

Hey dr_v ... hope you get a chance to do a bit of gaming in the near future!

vainazzo
October 12th, 2019, 14:00
I've been getting ready for running a castles and crusades game online like I do with 5e... But I've noticed we can't drag and drop stuff like classes and race. Will this be changing? I think if the ruleset was setup to drag and drap like the 5e ruleset it would run better. thanks!

Andraax
October 12th, 2019, 14:06
You drag and drop the race and class onto the abilities tab. It will fill out the tab with the racial and class abilities.

However, filling out the race, class, and level fields are still manual.

vainazzo
October 12th, 2019, 14:31
You drag and drop the race and class onto the abilities tab. It will fill out the tab with the racial and class abilities.

However, filling out the race, class, and level fields are still manual.

Yeah that still isn't really working for me. I'll figure it out.

Andraax
October 12th, 2019, 15:45
Like this:

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/drag_n_drop.gif

Talyn
October 12th, 2019, 16:54
Dropping a race or class sheet onto a character sheet will populate all the abilities. Note that it is indeed ALL the abilities. Perhaps once more drag/drop functionality is added, it will only populate the level-appropriate abilities and work more like 5E/Pathfinder.

vainazzo
October 12th, 2019, 17:01
Yeah that still doesn't work for me. It works in 5e though

Andraax
October 12th, 2019, 17:44
Yeah that still doesn't work for me. It works in 5e though

What version of CoreRPG and Castles and Crusades are you running?

This is what's current:

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/version.png

vainazzo
October 12th, 2019, 20:06
What version of CoreRPG and Castles and Crusades are you running?

This is what's current:

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/version.png

I'm completely up to date

Andraax
October 12th, 2019, 21:29
I'm completely up to date

Then it should work exactly as I demonstrated above.

Frankison
October 14th, 2019, 04:57
You have to be on the ability tab