- Ultimate License
- Pathfinder RPG - Kingmaker AP 1: Stolen Land
- Pathfinder RPG - Core Rules Pack
- Pathfinder RPG - Bestiary 1 Pack
- Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Player's Guide
- Pathfinder RPG - Bestiary 2 Pack
- Pathfinder RPG - Ultimate Magic
- Pathfinder RPG - Kingmaker AP 2: Rivers Run Red

I recently got back into Fantasy Grounds (read: I'm a n00b at FG) and decided to start running a Kingmaker game for my friends. After watching a metric crap-ton of videos from Digital Dungeon Master and reading a bit of the wiki, I decided to jump in. There are 6 people total (1 GM, 5 Players) and we did a character generation session and our first play session (basically Oleg's first encounter). We ran into a few issues that slowed the game down. I was wondering if anyone here could address the following:

1. We have a Sorcerer (Arcane Bloodline), a Ranger, a Druid, a Cavalier (hasn't started yet), a Witch, and an NPC Oracle. The Ranger and Druid seemed to build out just fine in the character sheets, and the Human and Half-Elf race info went in fine, but we can't seem to get any of the Bloodline information for the Sorcerer in, and the Oracle and Witch seem to be missing a lot of functionality compared to the others (and I suspect the Cavalier will as well). Am I missing something or is this actually the case? Has anyone figured out a workaround or do we just wing it when it comes to those classes?

2. Sort of a follow on to the above: We can't seem to load anything for Drow as a player race, even though it's in the Bestiary as a player race.

3. Are there any extensions, mods, or add-ons that people think of as essential to running Pathfinder on Fantasy Grounds? I loaded in several to help in my layout and UI scaling, but couldn't find a definitive list that everyone uses as their go-to.

I own Hero Lab and a massive portion of the Pathfinder add-ons, and we use it to make our characters initially and then we manually re-created the characters in Fantasy Grounds. It seemed that when we used the Hero Lab import functionality it didn't actually link anything to the modules I have in the game. Is there something else I need to do to enable it or is it just a text version of the info from Hero Lab?

I have more questions but this is a good start. We really want to make Fantasy Grounds work for our game so I'm trying to get as much advice as I can in order to do so.

TL;DR: How do you get all the class functionality to work for Sorcerers and APG classes in FG?

ddavison
October 30th, 2017, 19:51
Hey NinjaDemo,

1. Check out each modules' Special Abilities link in the Library. There are witch patrons, sorcerer bloodlines, bloodline powers, etc. there. Basically, any class features that don't clearly fit in a 1:1 basis for a class when it levels go into that generalized bucket.

2. I'll have to follow up with Trenloe about the Drow.

I'll leave #3 for community members to chime in on.

NinjaDano
October 30th, 2017, 19:58
Totally didn't see the Special Abilities section in the modules. That's much better. Are there any plans to link those sections in the appropriate class section for quick access?

ddavison
October 30th, 2017, 20:03
Possibly. HeroLab does a fantastic job at Pathfinder character creation whereas we are coming into it about a decade after the fact. Our first step is to get the data and content into the system and then we'll look for opportunities to enhance it. I think one of the next steps is going to be making the Special Abilities into a new sidebar button to enhance its visibility and allow viewing across modules.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2017, 20:07
2. I'll have to follow up with Trenloe about the Drow.
There wasn't a player module created for Bestiary 1. The next one out, Bestiary 4, was the first to have one, so I made one for Bestiary 2. It's on my list to go back to Bestiary 1 and make a player module with playable race entries.