PDA

View Full Version : Conan 2d20

Ogedei
October 30th, 2017, 16:30
Earlier this year I started extending the Conan 2d20 extension that the Jolly GM created for More Core. I worked on it hard for about a week or so and then got sidetracked with life etc.

I picked it up again this past week or so and started playing with it some more. Still lots to do, but I thought I would drop a video link to my channel showing off a little of what I had done with it and some quick thoughts of Fantasy Grounds vs Roll20.net (Sorry about the audio on this)

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/R1QHrtX5-lI?t=21m49s

Ogedei
October 31st, 2017, 01:31
Some more work on the character sheet today. Built out the Stress, Harm and Soak sections.

damned
October 31st, 2017, 02:22
Great work and thank you for sharing Ogedei - now get back to work!

Ogedei
October 31st, 2017, 14:22
Great work and thank you for sharing Ogedei - now get back to work!

I'll try and post updates as I have time to work on it. Still lots to do and lots to learn/relearn.

Next up is a quick fix. Re-org the npc sheets to match the attribute order of the rulebooks.

Ogedei
November 2nd, 2017, 03:08
Through a bunch of sweat and tears at the host combat tracker today. Beat it into submission, now it is CONANIFIED.

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 04:10
please post the xml for the CT fram and we can fix up that top right corner.

Ogedei
November 2nd, 2017, 04:21
Where the "X" is? What are we trying to fix?

Do we need the whole CT_host.xml?

damned
November 2nd, 2017, 04:41
The skull behind the X is truncated.
We need the <framedef name="ctbox"> from graphics_frames.xml in your extension.

Ogedei
November 3rd, 2017, 03:15
Nothing hugely exciting there:

<framedef name="ctbox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/ctframe.jpg" />
<offset>32,32,19,50</offset>
<insideoffset>7,7,0,0</insideoffset>
</framedef>

I think we are just seeing the Combat Tracker graphic repeating, making it look glitchy.

damned
November 3rd, 2017, 03:27
and what is the size w*h of the ctframe.jpg file please?

Ogedei
November 3rd, 2017, 03:32
525 x 700

I've resized the frame in fantasy grounds, although it doesn't open quite correctly new. May need to modify the graphic. That's pretty low on my list :)

damned
November 3rd, 2017, 04:00
try something like this:
<!-- Combat Tracker -->
<framedef name="ctbox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/ctframe.jpg" />
<offset>32,32,19,50</offset>
<insideoffset>0,0,12,12</insideoffset>
<topleft rect="0,0,100,100" />
<top rect="100,0,325,100" />
<topright rect="425,0,100,100" />
<left rect="0,100,100,500" />
<middle rect="100,100,325,500" />
<right rect="425,100,100,500" />
<bottomleft rect="0,600,100,100" />
<bottom rect="100,600,325,100" />
<bottomright rect="425,600,100,100" />
</framedef>

Ogedei
November 3rd, 2017, 04:06

Nice.

Ogedei
November 6th, 2017, 15:03
FG 2d20 Conan extension update!

Did a little more work on the Combat Tracker. Added a checkbox next to each entry to allow completion of a PC/NPC's turn. Clicking next round clears these out.

Laid the ground work for the basic hit location die, which is functional, but would like to modify it's display a little.

garrion_sw
November 7th, 2017, 02:30
I just watched your video and noticed you using a different sheet from the old version I have. I immediately wanted to try to find it so I located this thread. Great work cleaning things up and customizing it even further. Do you have any idea when you'll be ready to release your work?

Ogedei
November 7th, 2017, 03:38
I just watched your video and noticed you using a different sheet from the old version I have. I immediately wanted to try to find it so I located this thread. Great work cleaning things up and customizing it even further. Do you have any idea when you'll be ready to release your work?

Hoping to be ready, more or less before the end of the month. Really depends on how much time I get to work on it. Spent some of tonights time fixing things I had broken.

There are a few things I'd love to do before release including a difficulty box.

Ogedei
November 7th, 2017, 03:39
Added a little more functionality to the combat tracker.

Hitlocation roller & a "Rune Hammer counter box"

And of course a hit location die

Ogedei
November 15th, 2017, 15:24
Cleaned up a bunch of anchor errors in the code.
Added a "GUARD" checkbox to the Combat Tracker.

I've had less time to work on the project in the last week, but still plugging away at it. Hope to have a workable release soon.

garrion_sw
November 18th, 2017, 13:16
From the progress I've seen in your videos, it's looking great. I wish I had that time and talent. Maybe some day I'll learn how to fidget with FG mods.

Myrdin Potter
January 4th, 2018, 19:58
How is this coming along?

I have the rulebooks now. :-)

Ogedei
January 10th, 2018, 15:01
Project is coming along. I made a blog post on Monday I think and thought I should drop a link here.

https://starshipsandsteel.blogspot.ca/2018/01/fantasy-grounds-extension-for-conan.html

You can take a look at the extension and give feedback on where it can go and what might make it better. I am working on modifying the NPC sheet to make it better, larger buttons mostly.

vegaserik
January 13th, 2018, 22:34
Looks really good!

Ogedei
January 15th, 2018, 13:59
Hey everyone.

Planning on doing a live stream tomorrow around 6:30MST to show off the functionallity of the MoreCore Conan Extension I've been working on off and on.

Stop by if you are able and interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eGkyNO9Aos

damned
January 15th, 2018, 14:08
Huzzah!

Ogedei
January 16th, 2018, 16:23
Identified a few bugs in the stream last night. Fixed the major one.

https://starshipsandsteel.blogspot.ca/2018/01/fantasy-grounds-extension-v34.html

Myrdin Potter
January 17th, 2018, 19:11
Thanks for this, I am planning on trying out the rules and the extension makes it much simpler.

The rules and the first adventure book are even on sale (pdf format):

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/230984/NYNG-Conan-BUNDLE?affiliate_id=229540

I had the hardcover books, but PDF make life a lot easier to get content into FG

Ogedei
January 17th, 2018, 19:24
Thanks for this, I am planning on trying out the rules and the extension makes it much simpler.

The rules and the first adventure book are even on sale (pdf format):

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/230984/NYNG-Conan-BUNDLE?affiliate_id=229540

I had the hardcover books, but PDF make life a lot easier to get content into FG

I saw that it was on sale. Very awesome.

I wasn't all in on the kickstarter....but close enough. I'm "Occudai Bahadur" in the characters section in the Core book. ;)

chillybilly
January 18th, 2018, 13:22
Very nice! I want to run a 2d20 Conan adventure at some point.

Ogedei
January 18th, 2018, 16:31
Very nice! I want to run a 2d20 Conan adventure at some point.

Awesome I hope it helps! I am in the middle of adding damage modifiers, but need to add a weapon classification to the Weapon list (Melee, Ranged, Mental) to key on which bonus to use.

but also.... John Carter.

vegaserik
January 19th, 2018, 00:50
Identified a few bugs in the stream last night. Fixed the major one.

https://starshipsandsteel.blogspot.ca/2018/01/fantasy-grounds-extension-v34.html

Is the 3.4 ready to try out? The download keeps coming up the 3.3 ext for me. No rush if it's not, looking forward to the way the attacks will be laid out. I've been putting in the Pit of Kutallu as a mod, thinking about running it for some friends when I learn the system a bit better.

Ogedei
January 19th, 2018, 01:28
Is the 3.4 ready to try out? The download keeps coming up the 3.3 ext for me. No rush if it's not, looking forward to the way the attacks will be laid out. I've been putting in the Pit of Kutallu as a mod, thinking about running it for some friends when I learn the system a bit better.

Hopefully fixed now. Sorry about that.

vegaserik
January 19th, 2018, 04:21
Cool awesome!!

vegaserik
January 20th, 2018, 03:42
I've come across a couple of bugs:

Script Error: [string "npc"]:1: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value) ---- Comes up when you lock an NPC I put in.

Script Error: [string "weapon_stats"]:1: attempt to index global 'name' (a nil value) ---- Comes up when I open an attack window to put in the combat dice, qualities etc ...

I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but hopefully soon so I haven't gotten a chance to play with the combat tracker. FG is probably the only chance I'll get to play this rpg so thank you for your work!!

Myrdin Potter
January 22nd, 2018, 15:55
As soon as one deal ended, another one started. This includes pretty much all of the available material in PDF form. The discounts are not as big on the last deal but more are offered and you do get credit for what you have purchased before:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/232064/Conan-by-Crom-BUNDLE&affiliate_id=229540

I am slowly entering the player information into FG so that they have it available when they are playing and having the PDF makes this much easier.

Yskonyn
February 12th, 2018, 08:58
Great project! I am glad to see the extension has been picked up and is being extended yet again! And extended extension, if you will! :)
Its my baseline way to interface within FG for Conan ! Many thanks!

Valyar
June 27th, 2018, 09:53
Is this extension still under development?

MoreCore has been updated to Version 1.44 released 2018627 and introduces some new features related to Conan rpg

damned
June 27th, 2018, 14:09
Ogedei hasnt posted in a couple of months.
If you dont hear back from him then you might need to stick with the Shotgun version for now.

This: https://starshipsandsteel.blogspot.com/2018/01/fantasy-grounds-extension-v34.html
is I think the latest news on this particular build...

You might see further down Keiths (Ogedei) blog he posts a most interesting John Carter extension too!
https://starshipsandsteel.blogspot.com/2018/02/john-carter-fantasy-grounds-extension_7.html

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iE-cSqcNCEs/Wnh0rVDde3I/AAAAAAAAOVk/b-YIYdhwIbIluRowGTne3FeM2_py6kU7gCLcBGAs/s1600/JC_charactersheet_20180205.png

Valyar
June 27th, 2018, 14:11
How the hell I can learn to make such gorgeous things... :(

damned
June 27th, 2018, 14:12
Crack it open and spend some long nights poring over the goodies inside.
The only way to start is to start...

Valyar
June 27th, 2018, 14:15
Which happens to be the hardest :)
Thanks for bringing this fantastic John Carter extension... I never knew people play such things in the wild...

Ogedei
June 27th, 2018, 14:50
Hey guys!

Thanks for the interest in my work.

I haven't made any updates or changes to this. The reason is really two fold (Maybe 3)

1) Time. I struggle to find time to do all the things I want to do.
2) Official support. The official Modiphius rulesets are coming sooner rather than later.
3) My Pay off. Love that people are interested and I enjoy working on them, but I had always planned on running online games which just hasen't happened (see 1), and so I have nothing pushing me to really work on it.

If you have questions about what has been done I'll happily try an answer them.

damned
June 27th, 2018, 15:09
Good to see you Ogedei!
Come and run some games man!

ShotGun Jolly
June 27th, 2018, 23:54
Hey guys!

Thanks for the interest in my work.

I haven't made any updates or changes to this. The reason is really two fold (Maybe 3)

1) Time. I struggle to find time to do all the things I want to do.
2) Official support. The official Modiphius rulesets are coming sooner rather than later.
3) My Pay off. Love that people are interested and I enjoy working on them, but I had always planned on running online games which just hasen't happened (see 1), and so I have nothing pushing me to really work on it.

If you have questions about what has been done I'll happily try an answer them.

His Conan code is pretty awesome!

Valyar
June 28th, 2018, 09:32
I want to play this Conan rpg... When I was child the stories about Conan were my favorite... I still keep the paperbacks in my library and plan to return to them when I am done with the Horus Heresy saga next year lol.