PDA

View Full Version : 5E Advanced Effects (items, npcs, characters)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Dax Doomslayer
February 17th, 2021, 01:57
Ooof - sorry to hear you are going through that Celestian. Best wishes and keep safe!

TheoGeek
February 17th, 2021, 04:00
It's a great extension, really, but it seems that in today's update to Unity it no longer works, for 5e at least.
When a PC's sheet opens the Actions tab, a log error appears and weapons have no damage expressions (opening the editor shows the dice and bonuses but again shows a log of error). I allready tried different combinations of extensions (assuming it might be that) but even when I open a Campaign with just this ext the problem persist, but when opening a Campaign with every other ext I normally, use except for this, no error log.
Hope something can be done, would really miss this one from my games :cry:

Hmmm...I'd be crying too...I love this extension. :)

I'm not having that issue, and I'm using it with a bunch of extensions. I also tried it as the only extension and it still worked. Strange.

Naroe
February 17th, 2021, 10:12
Hi Celestian,

Looks like they changed Actormanager2 to Actormanager5E in the base.xml file for 5E.

<script name="ActorManager5E" file="scripts/manager_actor_5E.lua" />

I have a test setup at home and i edited the reference in your extention "char_weapon_adnd.lua" from Actormanager2 to Actormanager5E and all seems working, though I didn't investigate what the differences between the two were apart from name change and whether it would have any other effects with this revision.

This is one of the best mods in FG by the way.

Hope the weather lifts soon, or at least power back on.

MasterZamna
February 17th, 2021, 16:51
I am without power in Texas but will check it out once things are back to normal. It might be end of week before I can.

Really sorry to hear that, stay safe, don't eat unrefrigerated cake.

MasterZamna
February 17th, 2021, 17:11
Hi Celestian,

Looks like they changed Actormanager2 to Actormanager5E in the base.xml file for 5E.

I have a test setup at home and i edited the reference in your extention "char_weapon_adnd.lua" from Actormanager2 to Actormanager5E and all seems working, though I didn't investigate what the differences between the two were apart from name change and whether it would have any other effects with this revision.

Seems to have done the trick, will keep it until Celestian can check and have a final word, thx.

LeoKeros
February 17th, 2021, 17:37
Hi Celestian,

Definitelty char_weapon_adnd? I'm looking at the file and not seeing a reference to ActorManager2. I see the base "ActorManager", but not 2.

nephranka
February 17th, 2021, 18:50
I found Actormanager2 in "manager_effect_adnd" under scripts. I checked all the remaining scripts and this was the only one that had it.

eriktedesco
February 17th, 2021, 19:11
I was going to write the same thing, nephranka!!

celestian
February 18th, 2021, 00:05
Power came up and I did a quick test (forgive me, I've a lot of things to do around here because of the power problems for days) but I did not find any issues running this as is. Any of the ActorManager2.* calls were all commented out and not used.

I did not change anything and ran some tests on a pc with a weapon that had ATK:1 and DMG:1d3 and it seemed to work. If you have specific problem points let me know how to reproduce and ill see what I can find. Make sure you have 0 extensions other than this one loaded.

TheoGeek
February 18th, 2021, 05:49
Power came up and I did a quick test (forgive me, I've a lot of things to do around here because of the power problems for days) but I did not find any issues running this as is. Any of the ActorManager2.* calls were all commented out and not used.

I did not change anything and ran some tests on a pc with a weapon that had ATK:1 and DMG:1d3 and it seemed to work. If you have specific problem points let me know how to reproduce and ill see what I can find.

That's my experience as well. I'm on version 4.8 for whatever that's worth.

Naroe
February 18th, 2021, 07:59
Hi Celestian,

It appears I was running an earlier version of Advanced Effects. Loading version 4.8 fixed the issue.

So anyone else who is having this issue of failing after the update, check that you have latest version of the extention.

Thumbs up TheoGeek when you said version 4.8 I went back and checked mine.

joltblaster
February 21st, 2021, 14:07
How would one craft an action like this:
The first time you hit a creature on your turn with this weapon with an attack that you had advantage on it deals an extra 1d6 fire damage.
The keys being you have to have advantage on the first attack. Clearly a rogue weapon.

Thanks in advance

Valdemar
February 24th, 2021, 17:32

I did not change anything and ran some tests on a pc with a weapon that had ATK:1 and DMG:1d3 and it seemed to work. If you have specific problem points let me know how to reproduce and ill see what I can find. Make sure you have 0 extensions other than this one loaded.

As of 2/23/2021 I am still seeing the ActorManager2 error - it appears this issue prevented my players from being able to grab the dice on their weapon attacks on the action tab. I verified that I am running version 4.8 - ran an update on 2/23.

[UPDATE]
It appears the update on the 24th fixed this issue.

MrDDT
February 24th, 2021, 17:32
As of 2/23/2021 I am still seeing the ActorManager2 error - it appears this issue prevented my players from being able to grab the dice on their weapon attacks on the action tab.

Have you turned off all other exts first to make sure its this? Because it's likely not this ext.

jhathawaytn
March 1st, 2021, 14:22
Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension.

Rino
March 1st, 2021, 17:18
Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension.

Would be the same as if you added the effect from the Actions tab on the charactersheet. I know that FGU doesn't stack "RESIST: 3 piercing" and "RESIST: piercing", so I would assume that "RESIST: 3 piercing" + "RESIST: 3 piercing" would not become "RESIST: 6 piercing". I would like them to stack, but seems like FG doesn't do that.
Do not, I have only tested first example - not equal ones.

MrDDT
March 1st, 2021, 17:19

Yes for some dumb reason you can't put 2 resist effects of the same type to stack like you can with ATK or DMG. Don't ask me why but FG in all their wisdom refuse to do it.

So if you have an item that does resist 1 piercing, and another one that does resist 2 piercing, you are only going to get 1 or the other effect. ( I think it goes to the larger one but not sure it's always like that)

If you want those items to work, you have to not have the resist effect on one and manually change the other to be whatever it is plus whatever the other is. So if you had leather armor with resist 2 piercing, and a ring of resist piercing +1, resist 1 piercing. Then you would need to remove the effect off the ring, and only use the leather and change it to resist: 3 piercing.

So many issues with this because FG wont put it as an adding effect.

Then you can throw in the fact it doesnt work with resistance to piercing. (Where you take 1/2 damage) only 1 will work at a time.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2021, 17:45
Yes for some dumb reason you can't put 2 resist effects of the same type to stack like you can with ATK or DMG. Don't ask me why but FG in all their wisdom refuse to do it.

So if you have an item that does resist 1 piercing, and another one that does resist 2 piercing, you are only going to get 1 or the other effect. ( I think it goes to the larger one but not sure it's always like that)

If you want those items to work, you have to not have the resist effect on one and manually change the other to be whatever it is plus whatever the other is. So if you had leather armor with resist 2 piercing, and a ring of resist piercing +1, resist 1 piercing. Then you would need to remove the effect off the ring, and only use the leather and change it to resist: 3 piercing.

So many issues with this because FG wont put it as an adding effect.

Then you can throw in the fact it doesnt work with resistance to piercing. (Where you take 1/2 damage) only 1 will work at a time.

Should those stack in 5e? In 3.5e/PF1 for example it is by rule that it takes the better of both, which is why it is coded like that. If this is not the case in 5e, then it may be worth a report :)

Dax Doomslayer
March 1st, 2021, 17:51
Per rules, they don't stack. See page 197 of the PHB:

"Multiple instances of resistance or vulnerability that affect the same damage type count as only one instance. For example, if a creature has resistance to fire damage as well as resistance to all nonmagical damage, the damage of a nonmagical fire is reduced by half against the creature, not reduced by three-quarters."

Ultimately it's your game but RAW they don't stack and the reason FG doesn't allow it I would think...

jhathawaytn
March 1st, 2021, 19:06
Thanks to everyone for the explanation. RAW of course will win out in these discussions. Unfortunately for this extension, a fantastic use is making unique items such as armor that has various damage reduction or resistance. Underlays and overlays which would make sense to stack. I can think od many situations were that would make sense over RAW.

Maybe someone will come up with and extension to implement various stacking. Maybe DR damage reduction effect that would stack and leave resistance effect alone? Until then.. manual it is. Thanks guys!

MrDDT
March 1st, 2021, 19:40
Per rules, they don't stack. See page 197 of the PHB:

"Multiple instances of resistance or vulnerability that affect the same damage type count as only one instance. For example, if a creature has resistance to fire damage as well as resistance to all nonmagical damage, the damage of a nonmagical fire is reduced by half against the creature, not reduced by three-quarters."

Ultimately it's your game but RAW they don't stack and the reason FG doesn't allow it I would think...

You are confusing resistance working 2 times, or vulnerability working 2 times. Example. Using armor of invulnerability with barbarian rage both reduce damage by 1/2, so instead of getting 3/4s you would only get the effect once.
Which is not the same as Heavy Armor Mastery with Armor of Invulnerability work together, so you would take 3 less damage and 1/2 damage.

Dax Doomslayer
March 1st, 2021, 20:15
You are confusing resistance working 2 times, or vulnerability working 2 times. Example. Using armor of invulnerability with barbarian rage both reduce damage by 1/2, so instead of getting 3/4s you would only get the effect once.
Which is not the same as Heavy Armor Mastery with Armor of Invulnerability work together, so you would take 3 less damage and 1/2 damage.

That's not what the question was that I saw. The point stated was: "I know that FGU doesn't stack "RESIST: 3 piercing" and "RESIST: piercing", so I would assume that "RESIST: 3 piercing" + "RESIST: 3 piercing" would not become "RESIST: 6 piercing". I would like them to stack, but seems like FG doesn't do that."
That is the same type of bonus and I would say it doesn't stack. Feel free to rule how you feel want but I read this as two resistances to piercing and is the reason it doesn't work in FG...

MrDDT
March 1st, 2021, 20:39
That's not what the question was that I saw. The point stated was: "I know that FGU doesn't stack "RESIST: 3 piercing" and "RESIST: piercing", so I would assume that "RESIST: 3 piercing" + "RESIST: 3 piercing" would not become "RESIST: 6 piercing". I would like them to stack, but seems like FG doesn't do that."
That is the same type of bonus and I would say it doesn't stack. Feel free to rule how you feel want but I read this as two resistances to piercing and is the reason it doesn't work in FG...

Why wouldn't it stack?

You are confusing resistance with the effects like resistance.

Heavy Armor Mastery is NOT resistance, no where does it say resistance. However, you can't stack HAM with something that is resistance where you take 1/2 damage in FG, however, RAW you can clearly because HAM is not resistance.

Why can't those bonuses stack? They are from 2 different sources and one is not resistance. So the rule you listed does not apply. So why wouldn't they stack?

"While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage you take from non magical weapons is reduced by 3" this is what HAM says. It is NOT resistance. However, how we have to code it is
RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic Which does not stack with work with anything that uses resist and those 3 types after it. Example would be Armor of Invulnerability.

RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic

jhathawaytn
March 1st, 2021, 20:44
I think that is a perfect example for damage reduction effect. HAM is not resistance but damage reduction.

Dax Doomslayer
March 1st, 2021, 21:08
The original question is: "Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension."

Nowhere is HAM or anything like Armor of Invulnerability mentioned on this. The example given is that both items have Resist:XX. I'm not sure if we're talking past each other but if two items provide a "Resist: XX" type of effect, I read that as the same effect and it doesn't stack. That's all I'm saying. There can be corner cases as the specific overrules the general but two resistances to piercing don't stack as a rule of thumb. You can rule how you want obviously but if it is calculated the same way, I see that as the same effect.

MrDDT
March 1st, 2021, 21:17
The original question is: "Could someone advise me on the use of Resist effect using this extension? If I have two items, each with RESIST: 1 piercing for example, when added to inventory, will this stack to resist 2 piercing? I assume this is a limitation of the rule set, but looking for confirmation. If no, is this something that could be accomplished? Thanks and love this extension."

Nowhere is HAM or anything like Armor of Invulnerability mentioned on this. The example given is that both items have Resist:XX. I'm not sure if we're talking past each other but if two items provide a "Resist: XX" type of effect, I read that as the same effect and it doesn't stack. That's all I'm saying. There can be corner cases as the specific overrules the general but two resistances to piercing don't stack as a rule of thumb. You can rule how you want obviously but if it is calculated the same way, I see that as the same effect.

I will PM you so we don't cutter up this ext.

The point is by RAW you can stack HAM and Armor of Invulnerability. Which means it should be able to be coded into the basic RESIST system of the game.

jhathawaytn
March 2nd, 2021, 14:59
Just curious as to the final outcome of this discussion yesterday. Is it possible to include stacking of Resistance via an extension for Damage Reduction or something similar?

MrDDT
March 2nd, 2021, 17:58
Just curious as to the final outcome of this discussion yesterday. Is it possible to include stacking of Resistance via an extension for Damage Reduction or something similar?

RAW HAM and RESISTNACE stack, however, the coding they want us to use for HAM doesn't work with the coding they want us to use with RESISTANCE.

Oddly enough, you can stack some reductions/resistance IF you code it weird. But it runs into problems in other ways.

Example. You can code HAM to be normal coding.
RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic Then code your resistance OR reductions using the code
RESIST: 1 all

These 2 codes will stack, so will RESIST: 3 slashing and RESIST: 1 all. (Total of 4 to slashing)
In this case the reduction goes first, then the resistance happens rounding down. Example: RESIST: 3 slashing and RESIST: all were put on a target and they took 20 damage of slashing on an attack, it would first reduce 3 damage bringing it to 17, then 1/2 resist it, bringing the final down to 8 damage.

Another odd thing is that because those 2 things work together you would think maybe it might slip through the cracks that RESIST: slashing and RESIST: all would stack. However, they do not (as they shouldn't per the RAW rules). If you had both of those effects on you, you would only take 1/2 damage.

Another tool you can use with the knowledge that a specific type of damage reduction stacks with the "all" damage reduction is you can use the ! code to cut out the other damages and get them to stack. Here is an example I do sometimes to get them to work.

Example, someone has HAM and Armor of Invulnerability. Normal code for this would be.

HAM; RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic
Armor of Invulnerability; RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic

However, you can use this instead.
HAM; RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic
Armor of Invulnerability; RESIST: all, !magic, !poison, !acid, !fire, !cold, !radiant, !necrotic, !lightning, !thunder, !force, !psychic

As you can see this is kinda messed up way to do it, but it can be done for stacking like that.

Another thing to note is that you can stack VULN on top of these resists and VULN only works once also, unless you code it like this also.
VULN damage is also calculated last.
So order of operations is, reduce, resist, vuln reduce, vuln.
So a 20 damage attack with someone reducing 3, resisting all, vuln to 3 would be 10 damage.
So a 20 damage attack with someone reducing 3, resisting all, vuln to 3 and vuln would be 20 damage.

I hope that helps, I tried to stick to mostly just the coding side of things. But it would be great if Smiteworks would help us out and code in a reduce effect instead of having to tag on to resist, because reduce is not the same as resist and they do stack according to RAW.

I look at it much like advantage.
You can have advantage, you can have disadvantage and advantage, but you can't have 2 advantages or 2 disadvantages. They don't make you roll 3 times.
So you can have a + to the roll advantage on a roll, disadvantage on that roll with a - on that roll, or even multiplies of either + or -. So all the +s and -s would stack and add up, but the advantage doesn't not stack with another advantage.
Just replace the word ADVANTAGE with RESISTANCE and you can understand how this should be done.

jhathawaytn
March 2nd, 2021, 18:19
This helps me very much @MRDDT. Thanks for the additional detailed explanation.

celestian
March 4th, 2021, 22:54
Update 4.9: Tweaks for 2021-02 updates

TXCBoy36
March 8th, 2021, 08:15
Does this effect work with the new update to FG?

Rino
March 8th, 2021, 09:33
Does this effect work with the new update to FG?

I'm using this extension with updated FGU and no errors and it's working.

daddyogreman
March 8th, 2021, 21:16
Is there an equivalent of this for 3.5/PFRPG? If not, @celestian would you mind if I potentially took a stab at converting this at some point? With all due credit to yourself big and bold, of course. I'm not spotting any obvious copyright/licensing in your extension and certainly don't want to step on any toes. Though if I DID convert this to 3.5, I've love to open source it under MIT.
Also, I've been led to believe there's not a way for worn items to actually affect the stats of characters, as in if a character with a strength of 14 were to put on a Belt of Giant Strength +4 and then look at their strength stat on the character sheet, for it to actually be reflected as 18. As far as I'm aware, the effects are only calculated into rolls and the like. Is my belief correct there?

celestian
March 8th, 2021, 22:09
Is there an equivalent of this for 3.5/PFRPG? If not, @celestian would you mind if I potentially took a stab at converting this at some point? With all due credit to yourself big and bold, of course. I'm not spotting any obvious copyright/licensing in your extension and certainly don't want to step on any toes. Though if I DID convert this to 3.5, I've love to open source it under MIT.
Also, I've been led to believe there's not a way for worn items to actually affect the stats of characters, as in if a character with a strength of 14 were to put on a Belt of Giant Strength +4 and then look at their strength stat on the character sheet, for it to actually be reflected as 18. As far as I'm aware, the effects are only calculated into rolls and the like. Is my belief correct there?

I believe Kelgerum(sp?) created a version of this for PF/3.5.

daddyogreman
March 8th, 2021, 22:44
I believe Kelgerum(sp?) created a version of this for PF/3.5.

Kelrugem pointed me in the direction of an extension coded by Rmilmine, but that extension apparently doesn't play nicely with Kelrugem's Full Overlay package.

Arghun
March 12th, 2021, 14:59
Sorry to bother you Celestian but I was wondering whether there is a way to have a CURSED items not being removable by the player ? I thought I had seen it somewhere but can't remember.
Basically an effect that would be invisible and that would mark an item as cursed. Once equipped, player wouldn't be able to unequip.

MrDDT
March 12th, 2021, 17:34
Sorry to bother you Celestian but I was wondering whether there is a way to have a CURSED items not being removable by the player ? I thought I had seen it somewhere but can't remember.
Basically an effect that would be invisible and that would mark an item as cursed. Once equipped, player wouldn't be able to unequip.

That's not an option with this ext.

I use another ext for that. Called Equipped Effects.

Equipped-Effects-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59490-Equipped-Effects-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)

celestian
March 12th, 2021, 18:14

Unless the ruleset has an effect for that, no. AE is simply a way to implement effects on items and automate additional effects for pc/npcs. It only uses what the ruleset has.

BaneTBC
March 12th, 2021, 19:37
While it's a little premature, celestian, I have to say that you have given the gift that keeps on giving! With the new test build, tossing an effect onto a lantern, torch, candle (i.e. LIGHT: 30 lantern) and having the player equip it in the inventory gives them the appropriate light effect. Can't wait for this to go live (and then go into all the bloody items I have to worry about that should work this way!).

celestian
March 13th, 2021, 07:03
While it's a little premature, celestian, I have to say that you have given the gift that keeps on giving! With the new test build, tossing an effect onto a lantern, torch, candle (i.e. LIGHT: 30 lantern) and having the player equip it in the inventory gives them the appropriate light effect. Can't wait for this to go live (and then go into all the bloody items I have to worry about that should work this way!).

I'm looking forward to trying lighting/vision out tho I wont be able to test things until next week more than likely. Really curious how it will work with auras ;)

Arghun
March 13th, 2021, 13:32
That's not an option with this ext.

I use another ext for that. Called Equipped Effects.

Equipped-Effects-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59490-Equipped-Effects-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)

I'm a bit afraid that SilentRuin extension will not be compatible with Advanced Effects :/ I have a few SilentRuin extensions already (combat groups, portals, map parcels) but I prefer the way Celestian has integrated the effects on items. I just miss the CURSED effect/feature that SilentRuin has implemented. I wish Celestian's Advanced Effects would have it :-)

Arghun
March 13th, 2021, 13:32
Unless the ruleset has an effect for that, no. AE is simply a way to implement effects on items and automate additional effects for pc/npcs. It only uses what the ruleset has.

Thank you Celestian!

MrDDT
March 14th, 2021, 19:01
I'm a bit afraid that SilentRuin extension will not be compatible with Advanced Effects :/ I have a few SilentRuin extensions already (combat groups, portals, map parcels) but I prefer the way Celestian has integrated the effects on items. I just miss the CURSED effect/feature that SilentRuin has implemented. I wish Celestian's Advanced Effects would have it :-)

I use both no problem.

Arghun
March 14th, 2021, 21:30
i use both no problem.

thanks!

TheoGeek
March 14th, 2021, 21:35
Might be the wrong place to ask, but why would I want to use both of these? Do they overlap in helpful ways?

I have only used Advanced Effects so that's what I know.

Thanks!

Arghun
March 16th, 2021, 16:56
Celestian, do you think it would be possible for you to parse character stats when adding an effect that is tied to the character.

I'd like to be able to use things that refer to character STATS and PRF like:

DMG: 3d6 [PRF] radiant; or DMG: 1d10 [STR] for instance.

Would that be difficult to code? I'm talking 5E since I believe it might matter...

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2021, 17:26
Celestian, do you think it would be possible for you to parse character stats when adding an effect that is tied to the character.

I'd like to be able to use things that refer to character STATS and PRF like:

DMG: 3d6 [PRF] radiant; or DMG: 1d10 [STR] for instance.

Would that be difficult to code? I'm talking 5E since I believe it might matter...

As noted on Discord effects with PCTags like CON, PRF etc need to be done via the character actions tab. These tags need to know what the character's stats are and if you divorce the effect from the character sheet then that link is no longer available.

Arghun
March 16th, 2021, 17:51
As noted on Discord effects with PCTags like CON, PRF etc need to be done via the character actions tab. These tags need to know what the character's stats are and if you divorce the effect from the character sheet then that link is no longer available.

I was hoping that since the item is equipped by a character there would be a way to get the character node/object and hence get its stats. I don't know enough about the FGU object model but it would seem ok to me that since the item is equipped that there is a relationship established between that object and the character object. If not, how could the object show up on the Actions tab at all when equiped?

MrDDT
March 16th, 2021, 19:00
Might be the wrong place to ask, but why would I want to use both of these? Do they overlap in helpful ways?

Thanks!

One is very useful for coding a specific none named item, the other is useful for coding all items or cursed stuff.
Players also can do the advanced effects as an option while the equipped effects they cant.

Arghun
March 16th, 2021, 19:37

Thanks!

I've mostly purchased SilentRuin's extension because I needed (wanted) to have an extension that allowed me to have a cursed item that could no longer be unequipped by the user. Equipped Effects does that (among other things). While I prefer coding the effects directly on the items (using Celestian's extension) it does not offer the ability to managed 'cursed' items.

MrDDT
March 16th, 2021, 19:40
I've mostly purchased SilentRuin's extension because I needed (wanted) to have an extension that allowed me to have a cursed item that could no longer be unequipped by the user. Equipped Effects does that (among other things). While I prefer coding the effects directly on the items (using Celestian's extension) it does not offer the ability to managed 'cursed' items.

You can do curse effects but the players could unequip it. Also to keep the info hidden from the players you would also need to leave it unid'd, which clues them in too.

I like both for diff reasons. I find Advanced effects is great for items to easy change stuff. While equipped effects I like for things where I might want to change it on the fly without the players knowing, or cursed or other things of that nature.

Intruder
March 23rd, 2021, 21:05
***DELETED cuz Im'a dumb!****

Intruder
March 23rd, 2021, 21:06
Celestian, I am hosting 5e in FGC, and have only the Advanced Effects Extension running. The Extension will allow an effect on a Weapon only if the ActionOnly bubble is UN-checked, allowing the effect on all weapons.
I have not tried to use this for a while because the extension sometimes would work and others it would not.

I noticed there was an update just a few hours ago, and the only thing updated was the 2e.
Now I notice, when switching to the actions tab, weapons have no data in the ATK nor DMG boxes, and double-clicking them gives the error message....

****Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:105: attempt to index global 'CharWeaponManager' (a nil value)****

That's all I can tell you.

Thanks for the work you are doing!

celestian
March 23rd, 2021, 21:32
Celestian, I am hosting 5e in FGC, and have only the Advanced Effects Extension running. The Extension will allow an effect on a Weapon only if the ActionOnly bubble is UN-checked, allowing the effect on all weapons.
I have not tried to use this for a while because the extension sometimes would work and others it would not.

I noticed there was an update just a few hours ago, and the only thing updated was the 2e.
Now I notice, when switching to the actions tab, weapons have no data in the ATK nor DMG boxes, and double-clicking them gives the error message....

****Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:105: attempt to index global 'CharWeaponManager' (a nil value)****

That's all I can tell you.

Thanks for the work you are doing!

Updated a few hours ago? If you mean the github then thats testing code. Stick with the one downloadable on the first post here. Also, if CharWeaponManager is missing then something is seriously wrong with your copy of the 5e ruleset.

Chuckhdtv
March 23rd, 2021, 22:29
Updated a few hours ago? If you mean the github then thats testing code. Stick with the one downloadable on the first post here. Also, if CharWeaponManager is missing then something is seriously wrong with your copy of the 5e ruleset.

I think he talks about FGC updated a couple of hours ago. I’ll test all this tomorrow but I haven’t seen any issue yesterday while testing.

ZangDrax
March 24th, 2021, 16:48
Mine stopped working too after the FGC udate the other day

celestian
March 24th, 2021, 17:00
Mine stopped working too after the FGC udate the other day

I can't replicate any issues. Testing with current version of FGC/5e with current rev of AE here, it works fine as far as I can see.

ZangDrax
March 24th, 2021, 17:31
it is the same we are talking about AdvancedEffects.ext rigth? when was it last updated mine is from may 2020, and what version of FG are you running I have v.3.3.15 ULTIMATE

MrDDT
March 24th, 2021, 18:15
it is the same we are talking about AdvancedEffects.ext rigth? when was it last updated mine is from may 2020, and what version of FG are you running I have v.3.3.15 ULTIMATE

You can check on the first page of this thread it was updated in MAR 4th of 2021

Chuckhdtv
March 24th, 2021, 18:38
All good on my side

ZangDrax
March 24th, 2021, 19:57
Fantastic, downloaded the newer version, and it works perfectly :)

bmos
March 24th, 2021, 20:37
Fantastic, downloaded the newer version, and it works perfectly :)For future reference, here is how to find out when the post was last updated.

eleran
April 1st, 2021, 03:49
I am getting the same ActorManager2 errors mentioned downthread. I used the link in post #1 but it only gave me version 4.2 not 4.9. And I am still getiing the errors the moment I click on the actions tab on a character sheet. Any thoughts as to why?

Lou Ciphor
April 1st, 2021, 05:13
I used the link in post #1 but it only gave me version 4.2 not 4.9. Any thoughts as to why?

Link works for v4.9. Try the GitHub if it's not working for you here.

celestian
April 1st, 2021, 06:54
Link works for v4.9. Try the GitHub if it's not working for you here.

Do not use the github link unless you are very experienced with extensions and know what you are doing. I often will be working on code and leave the beta's up there. The github is more for other developers to review/pull from. Not to download. "stable", such that it is, will be on the first post.

The extension in the first post is 4.9.

If you show another version you are installing the new one in the wrong place or have a extracted version (in a folder).

bmos
April 1st, 2021, 12:02
I am getting the same ActorManager2 errors mentioned downthread. I used the link in post #1 but it only gave me version 4.2 not 4.9. And I am still getiing the errors the moment I click on the actions tab on a character sheet. Any thoughts as to why?If you aren't seeing "AdvancedEffects.ext" in the first post, you might be on mobile view. If so, scroll to the bottom of page and click "Full Site".

webdove
April 10th, 2021, 05:27
Rats. I changed a hundred NPCs. I reverted them to the originals, but it appears that their "Effect Features" were not cleared and now the tags I had on the changed creatures are gone. Is there a way to erase "Effect Features" from all NPCs?

celestian
April 10th, 2021, 06:47
Rats. I changed a hundred NPCs. I reverted them to the originals, but it appears that their "Effect Features" were not cleared and now the tags I had on the changed creatures are gone. Is there a way to erase "Effect Features" from all NPCs?

Aren't 5e monsters read only... meaning they had to be local to edit/change them?

moduledb/* contains the "local changes" files for specific modules. If you remove that specific file for that module it will remove local changes you made.

Raven Darkstone
April 19th, 2021, 01:17
Hello, I am using this for unique weapons in my game. I set up a weapon that deals additional damage if it is a fiend or undead using [IFT: TYPE(fiend, undead); 1d4 radiant] works like a charm, but when the PC uses another weapon, it still applies the additional damage. 45862
Did I type something wrong where it would assume this was a global/universal effect vs. an item effect

damned
April 19th, 2021, 01:23
i think you will need to unequip the special weapon?

MrDDT
April 19th, 2021, 01:34
Hello, I am using this for unique weapons in my game. I set up a weapon that deals additional damage if it is a fiend or undead using [IFT: TYPE(fiend, undead); 1d4 radiant] works like a charm, but when the PC uses another weapon, it still applies the additional damage. 45862
Did I type something wrong where it would assume this was a global/universal effect vs. an item effect

Did you click "Action only"?

Raven Darkstone
April 19th, 2021, 02:02
I did not even notice that (going to have to do that with all my created weapons). Once I did that, the effect only worked when i used the weapon. Many thanks MrDDT :-)

Smoltok
April 26th, 2021, 15:46
Is it possible to have an effect for a item poison ( half damage if succeful save ? )

celestian
April 26th, 2021, 15:51
Is it possible to have an effect for a item poison ( half damage if succeful save ? )

Effects can't apply additional effects.

You want a power that applies the effect. That will depend on your ruleset.

Smoltok
April 26th, 2021, 16:11
Ok through power therefore ! Thanks !

Hjorimir
April 28th, 2021, 00:15
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for this. I'd be happy to throw you a few bucks if you publish this extension to DM's Guild.

celestian
April 28th, 2021, 00:43
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for this. I'd be happy to throw you a few bucks if you publish this extension to DM's Guild.

Glad you found it useful ;) I do what I can.

nephranka
April 28th, 2021, 01:10
I have to concur! This is one of the extensions I would say is a requirement for me and my group. Thank you!

TXCBoy36
May 5th, 2021, 06:12
Does this ext work with the current version of FGU?

MrDDT
May 5th, 2021, 06:32

Yes

celestian
May 5th, 2021, 07:01

FYI, since I know you use(d) the 2E ruleset... this plus more is built into the 2E ruleset. You do not want to use this with the 2E ruleset.

Ethkazin
May 13th, 2021, 06:58
Does this work in FGU?

SirMotte
May 13th, 2021, 15:48
Does this work in FGU?

Flawlessly so!

bmos
May 19th, 2021, 20:39
I see the code contains references to "followon effects". What are these? Is this some behind the scenes thing or is it a feature I'm missing?
https://github.com/CelestianGC/AdvancedEffects/blob/f0dfc4e1e41412d83bf8d37c764e0c2b695edbca/scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua#L925

Kelrugem
May 19th, 2021, 20:44
I see the code contains references to "followon effects". What are these? Is this some behind the scenes thing or is it a feature I'm missing?
https://github.com/CelestianGC/AdvancedEffects/blob/f0dfc4e1e41412d83bf8d37c764e0c2b695edbca/scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua#L925

I believe those are things actually used in 4e; maybe that was back then some legacy of the 5e code on which this extension may base?

celestian
May 19th, 2021, 20:55
I believe those are things actually used in 4e; maybe that was back then some legacy of the 5e code on which this extension may base?

Kel is correct. This code was sourced from CoreRPG/5e which might or might not have that same code anymore (might have removed it).

bmos
May 19th, 2021, 21:01

Kel is correct. This code was sourced from CoreRPG/5e which might or might not have that same code anymore (might have removed it).

awesome, thank you both!

alyxvr
May 25th, 2021, 11:06
Hello, I have seen that there is an effect zone in the character sheet (not in the items). Can a character activate or deactivate an effect from his character sheet?
thx.

bmos
May 25th, 2021, 13:36
Hello, I have seen that there is an effect zone in the character sheet (not in the items). Can a character activate or deactivate an effect from his character sheet?
thx.No, those effects are a 'queue'. They get added automatically when the character is added to the combat tracker.

celestian
May 25th, 2021, 14:40
thx.

Only for items (toggle them worn or not).

Poe the Homunculus
July 12th, 2021, 05:32
I am running this extension and getting the following error: attempt to index global "Actor 2" (a nil value)

Not sure what this means, but it occurred every time the Action tab is selected on the character sheet.
Thanks

MrDDT
July 12th, 2021, 05:38
I am running this extension and getting the following error: attempt to index global "Actor 2" (a nil value)

Not sure what this means, but it occurred every time the Action tab is selected on the character sheet.
Thanks

Looks like you using the old one. 4.5 version. Were are on higher than that now.

update 2.0: initial stable release.
update 2.2: Add option in Campaign settings to allow Players to edit effects on items in inventory if ID'd if enabled.
update 2.3: bug fix: variable collision with 5E ruleset ("Init" versus "Initiative") corrected.
update 2.4: added header titles for duration items (dice/mod/visibility/actiononly).
update 2.5: Bugfix. When GM and Player had the character sheet opened effects would be added and removed twice.
update 2.7: Re-worked effects application. Host client handles now. Mostly behind the scenes code but much more clean.
update 2.8: Bugfix: npc effect handlers for equip/unequip in CT works as intended now.
update 2.10: Bugfix: hidden/shown/id'd items not showing/hiding properly.
update 2.12: bugfix: AdvancedEffects drag/drop from one char to another and toggling ID
update 3.1: bugfix: issues with multipliers and weapon damage corrected.
update 4.2: Bugfix: issues with DMonly flags on effects.
update 4.5: Bugfix: Spell slot values on npcs were lost when dropped into CT.
update 4.7: Fix: Various tweaks for 5E 3.3.12 changes (versatile weapons)
update 4.8: Added support to coexist with extension "Situational Awareness"
update 4.9: 2021-02 updates

Poe the Homunculus
July 12th, 2021, 06:31
Thank you

Raven Darkstone
July 15th, 2021, 18:39
I notice this in the image you have on the first post: [ATK:2] for [3 rnds] visibility [show]
Does that mean that it will show up on your character sheet on the combat tracker for that many rounds?
I have an item that when activated will grant an extra attack for a certain amount of rounds. Was wondering if the phrase used above show it on the combat tracker, like the durations of spells and such?

celestian
July 15th, 2021, 19:37
I notice this in the image you have on the first post: [ATK:2] for [3 rnds] visibility [show]
Does that mean that it will show up on your character sheet on the combat tracker for that many rounds?
I have an item that when activated will grant an extra attack for a certain amount of rounds. Was wondering if the phrase used above show it on the combat tracker, like the durations of spells and such?

When the effect is applied (for example, the person equips the item) the duration will be set. Typically people set that duration to 0 for indefinite but the ruleset should honor whatever value is set... you just have to be aware when the effect is applied. In the case of a item, equipping it. If it's equipped when they are placed in the CT it will be on them then.

celestian
July 27th, 2021, 21:09
I've removed the download link in favor of the new Forge system... which is where you will find the current version moving forward.

Rades
July 27th, 2021, 21:45
Am I understanding correctly that Forge updates/downloads are for FGU only? How do we get this extension for FGC now?

Edit: I posted in the Forge subforum to check, Zacchaeus said that for Classic we still need to download extensions manually, so could we request a manual download link for the Classic version being put back up at some point Celestian?

SmackDaddy
August 2nd, 2021, 00:17
Was trying to forge an Amulet of Protection from Evil and Good but can't seem to make anything work within the FG forge (in game, not the new extension Forge).....how would I use this extension to code this on an amulet for a player of mine? Fully prepared for being referred to a wiki or something to learn to do it myself (or even a video, if there is one - would be preferred). Thank you in advance for any help anyone offers. Thank you in advance.

celestian
August 2nd, 2021, 01:56
Am I understanding correctly that Forge updates/downloads are for FGU only? How do we get this extension for FGC now?

Edit: I posted in the Forge subforum to check, Zacchaeus said that for Classic we still need to download extensions manually, so could we request a manual download link for the Classic version being put back up at some point Celestian?

I will no longer be supporting Classic, what version you downloaded last will be the last one for classic. I don't want to post a version to DL here that would confuse people using FGU.

celestian
August 2nd, 2021, 01:57
Was trying to forge an Amulet of Protection from Evil and Good but can't seem to make anything work within the FG forge (in game, not the new extension Forge).....how would I use this extension to code this on an amulet for a player of mine? Fully prepared for being referred to a wiki or something to learn to do it myself (or even a video, if there is one - would be preferred). Thank you in advance for any help anyone offers. Thank you in advance.

Not all that familiar with the "forge" feature in 5e ruleset but if I remember it creates a item by mixing a couple items together. You can apply effects to the finished item with Advanced Effects.

MrDDT
August 2nd, 2021, 19:46

Can you list the traits you want the item to have after your merger? I will help with the effects coding you can easy put on the item.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 02:00
I found a conflict with the legendary assistant ext. When both are loaded you don't get the blue highlight nor the load in the legendary window. No errors are thrown. Silent fail.

I will post in that thread as well.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 14:50
I found a conflict with the legendary assistant ext. When both are loaded you don't get the blue highlight nor the load in the legendary window. No errors are thrown. Silent fail.

I will post in that thread as well.

Took a gamble and assumed load order might be the problem because both play in the CT. So, I changed Legendary asst from 80 to 110 (Advanced is 99) and it seems to have resolved the conflict. I thought I would post in case others had an issue.

Valdemar
August 11th, 2021, 16:29
Took a gamble and assumed load order might be the problem because both play in the CT. So, I changed Legendary asst from 80 to 110 (Advanced is 99) and it seems to have resolved the conflict. I thought I would post in case others had an issue.

There is also an easy work around for those that don't want or don't know how to modify the extension.

It seems to be an issue with not extracting the coding for the legendary actions and resistance and applying them in the Assistant fields. If you open the NPC (select in the combat tracker) you can just enter the number of Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistance they have and it should fix it. BTW - the blue line around the NPC does not show up when they are the active character on the combat tracker.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 22:24
Well, I spoke too soon. The load order change made it so NPCs with advanced effects would not load the effects in the CT when they were added. So, in fixing that problem I created a different one. I should have figured it was too easy.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 23:53
There is also an easy work around for those that don't want or don't know how to modify the extension.

It seems to be an issue with not extracting the coding for the legendary actions and resistance and applying them in the Assistant fields. If you open the NPC (select in the combat tracker) you can just enter the number of Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistance they have and it should fix it. BTW - the blue line around the NPC does not show up when they are the active character on the combat tracker.

This worked. So, for now this will be my solution. Thanks!

celestian
August 12th, 2021, 02:46
This worked. So, for now this will be my solution. Thanks!

You guys should move this conversation to the revelavant extension you're discussing as it will confuse those here not using it.

nephranka
August 12th, 2021, 10:55
You guys should move this conversation to the revelavant extension you're discussing as it will confuse those here not using it.

Good point. I have been posting in both to raise the awareness. Sorry to go off topic.

Mattkilt
August 18th, 2021, 00:02
Hey, I am running into an issue where the app is not co-existing with Mad Nomad's Automatic Actions. It seems that the extension causes an error when the other program looks at the items/weapons reference files.

[8/17/2021 7:00:14 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[8/17/2021 7:00:45 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:202: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
[8/17/2021 7:00:45 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:202: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

celestian
August 18th, 2021, 15:41
Hey, I am running into an issue where the app is not co-existing with Mad Nomad's Automatic Actions. It seems that the extension causes an error when the other program looks at the items/weapons reference files.

Advanced Effects has no references to ActorManager2. You might want to make sure you dont have any old copies of it laying around.

nephranka
August 25th, 2021, 17:15
I was curious if the suggested changes from Bmos to improve compatibility with his ammo ext and this one might get up streamed into the 5e version on the forge? Thanks!

celestian
August 25th, 2021, 17:40
I was curious if the suggested changes from Bmos to improve compatibility with his ammo ext and this one might get up streamed into the 5e version on the forge? Thanks!

I saw his submission but have not had a chance to review it for compatibility. My day job and RL is quite busy at the moment so I dont expect to be able to look at it till next week.

nephranka
August 25th, 2021, 17:59
No worries. I appreciate the response!

nephranka
November 4th, 2021, 14:00
Just checking back in to see if you have given the changes suggested by bmos consideration and if you still intend on rolling them into the current version? Thanks!

celestian
November 4th, 2021, 15:30
Just checking back in to see if you have given the changes suggested by bmos consideration and if you still intend on rolling them into the current version? Thanks!

I do, I just got buried under day job and completely forgot. I'll try and get it sorted ;(

nephranka
November 4th, 2021, 23:41
I do, I just got buried under day job and completely forgot. I'll try and get it sorted ;(

No worries. Thanks for working on it!

celestian
November 5th, 2021, 04:29
Updated with BMOS compatibility. Should be in forge already.

nephranka
November 5th, 2021, 10:52
Very cool!

Thanks!

TheoGeek
November 6th, 2021, 18:08
OK, this might be WAY too out in left field, but I'd like to start looking into how I can combine the "Equipped Effects"/"Automatic Effects" functionality to automatically add effects so I don't forget, with the ability of "Advanced Effects" to only apply effects when those effects are attached to the item in use. I was thinking about a function or something that would copy effects applied by "Equipped Effects" to the Effect fields added by Advanced Effects. Not sure when I'd execute the function, but probably when added to the inventory. I don't know what the guts of these extensions look like, and I could see the possibility of effects being added over and over again every time an item is equipped, so I'd need to handle things like that.

Also, because I didn't create those other extensions, this would only be for my campaigns unless I figured out a way to do it outside of those other extensions.

So, am I crazy?

dmbrown
November 6th, 2021, 19:19
I would be interested in having the functionality of both as well.

celestian
November 8th, 2021, 00:52
OK, this might be WAY too out in left field, but I'd like to start looking into how I can combine the "Equipped Effects"/"Automatic Effects" functionality to automatically add effects so I don't forget, with the ability of "Advanced Effects" to only apply effects when those effects are attached to the item in use. I was thinking about a function or something that would copy effects applied by "Equipped Effects" to the Effect fields added by Advanced Effects. Not sure when I'd execute the function, but probably when added to the inventory. I don't know what the guts of these extensions look like, and I could see the possibility of effects being added over and over again every time an item is equipped, so I'd need to handle things like that.

Also, because I didn't create those other extensions, this would only be for my campaigns unless I figured out a way to do it outside of those other extensions.

So, am I crazy?

I don't really understand the premise. The entire purpose of AE is to add them so you don't forget. You add the effect to a item or pc so that when you place the pc in the CT it's added for you. If you equip a item while the pc is in the CT it will also add/remove as you equip/unequip.

TheoGeek
November 8th, 2021, 01:02
I don't really understand the premise. The entire purpose of AE is to add them so you don't forget. You add the effect to a item or pc so that when you place the pc in the CT it's added for you. If you equip a item while the pc is in the CT it will also add/remove as you equip/unequip.

Yeah, the premise is that I love the "action only" feature of Advanced Effects. If a PC has 2 magic shortswords equipped for example, I don't want the effects from one magic weapon to be applied to the attack of the other. It's painful remembering to keep equipping and unequipping even though it's perfectly legitimate to have both equipped.

celestian
November 8th, 2021, 01:14
Yeah, the premise is that I love the "action only" feature of Advanced Effects. If a PC has 2 magic shortswords equipped for example, I don't want the effects from one magic weapon to be applied to the attack of the other. It's painful remembering to keep equipping and unequipping even though it's perfectly legitimate to have both equipped.

Aye, that is a big use case as well. What I'm trying to understand is what specific feature that is missing he's wanting.

TheoGeek
November 8th, 2021, 02:13
Aye, that is a big use case as well. What I'm trying to understand is what specific feature that is missing he's wanting.

Maybe I'm making it too complicated, but I think I want the "Action Only" functionality without needing to rename effects and add them to weapons - sorta defeats the purpose of automatically adding effects to items. I love Equipped Effects for character related things, and I love Advanced Effects for the "Action Only" functionality. If both could be active at the same time without needing to create custom effects and renaming things, I'd be a happy camper. :)

celestian
November 8th, 2021, 02:17
Maybe I'm making it too complicated, but I think I want the "Action Only" functionality without needing to rename effects and add them to weapons - sorta defeats the purpose of automatically adding effects to items. I love Equipped Effects for character related things, and I love Advanced Effects for the "Action Only" functionality. If both could be active at the same time without needing to create custom effects and renaming things, I'd be a happy camper. :)

I dunno what you mean by re-name effects. I've no experience with equipped effects but from the name of it, sounds redundant since AE already does that.

TheoGeek
November 8th, 2021, 02:21
I dunno what you mean by re-name effects. I've no experience with equipped effects but from the name of it, sounds redundant since AE already does that.

Ah...the issue is that if Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects are both enabled, if you add an effect to the weapon per Advanced Effects, when you equip it, Equipped Effects adds it AND Advanced Effects also adds it so it's doubled up. So, you need to make a copy of the effect with a special name and use it so that EE doesn't add it too. I'd need to go back and see how it's done exactly, but that's the gist.

But then you don't get the "action only" capability and I'm back to unequipping and equipping when dual wielding.

celestian
November 8th, 2021, 02:45
Ah...the issue is that if Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects are both enabled, if you add an effect to the weapon per Advanced Effects, when you equip it, Equipped Effects adds it AND Advanced Effects also adds it so it's doubled up. So, you need to make a copy of the effect with a special name and use it so that EE doesn't add it too. I'd need to go back and see how it's done exactly, but that's the gist.

But then you don't get the "action only" capability and I'm back to unequipping and equipping when dual wielding.

What function does the other extension provide that AE doesn't that you'd want both?

MeAndUnique
November 8th, 2021, 17:54

I assume you also use the Automatic Effects modules to provide all the data for Equipped Effects automation? If so there's certainly nothing celestian can do. Adding effects to items with Advanced Effects is a manual process after all, so there's no automation to get in the way. On the other side of things Automatic Effects and Equipped Effects fundamentally are designed to automate adding an effect by name, so to interrupt that renaming (or deleting the redundant effect) is unavoidable.

Poe the Homunculus
November 8th, 2021, 19:15
I'm with celestian on this. I run both extensions just fine.
A bit confusing on what is being asked. If a player of mine has two +1 shortsword, the bonus does not stack. It is +1 to hit/damage for each. If both have one round effect like first hit is +1 poison damage, the second attack with shortsword is not poison, then the other shortsword only has +1, they only have the player roll their poison sword first.
Is there an example of what problem is being asked to fix?

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 00:45
I'm with celestian on this. I run both extensions just fine.
A bit confusing on what is being asked. If a player of mine has two +1 shortsword, the bonus does not stack. It is +1 to hit/damage for each. If both have one round effect like first hit is +1 poison damage, the second attack with shortsword is not poison, then the other shortsword only has +1, they only have the player roll their poison sword first.
Is there an example of what problem is being asked to fix?

True, bonuses like +1 don't stack because they aren't considered effects, they are inherent with the weapon. Without having the effects added per Advanced Effects, if the PC has a shortsword flame tongue and a shortsword frost brand, the Equipped Effects with Automatic Effects combo will add both 2d6 fire and 1d6 cold to the PC when the weapons are equipped. Attacks with either will trigger both effects all the time. I can remind players that they need to unequip one weapon when attacking with the other, but I guarantee they'll forget. In your +1, poison and simply +1, unless you unequip the poison one when attacking with the normal one, the poison damage will get applied to it too because it is added as an effect (unless you simply add it manually to an already existing +1 sword via Advanced Effects, but then EE wouldn't have added it anyway and it's not an issue - I'm not worried about that case.)

With standard magic weapons though, that EE would add effects for, with the effects added per Advanced Effects to get the "Action Only" function, if I add the 2d6 fire and 1d6 cold damage to each weapon using Advanced Effects, when I equip the weapons, the effects get added both by Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects so that a hit with the frost brand triggers a 1d6 cold from Advanced Effects, another 1d6 cold from Equipped Effects, and a 2d6 fire from Equipped Effects. Unless I rename the effect to force EE to not automatically add it when equipped. Fundamentally, this is what I want to avoid and retain the "Action Only" capability of Advanced Effects.

I don't mind the extra setup it takes to manually add effects from Automatic Effects to weapons using Advanced Effects and renaming something to make Equipped Effects not re-add the effect when the weapon is equipped...I guess I'm looking for the most straightforward way to do it - I fully admit that I may be making it too complicated.

Maybe all I need is to know what method you use to make those extensions best work together without duplicating effects.

Thanks for the patience!

celestian
November 9th, 2021, 01:10
Equipped Effects with Automatic Effects combo will add both 2d6 fire and 1d6 cold to the PC

Why do you need another extension to add cold and fire damage other than AE.

Again, I dont know what Equipped Effects is doing that you'd want it when you can already do this (apply effects to effects to a weapon) with Advanced Effects. I simply don't know why you'd use something that is duplicating equipment/pc effect management when it sounds like it's doing the same thing but not in a way you can control it.

I'll ask this again...What is EE doing that Advanced Effects isnt that you'd want to use EE.

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 02:12
Why do you need another extension to add cold and fire damage other than AE.

Again, I dont know what Equipped Effects is doing that you'd want it when you can already do this (apply effects to effects to a weapon) with Advanced Effects. I simply don't know why you'd use something that is duplicating equipment/pc effect management when it sounds like it's doing the same thing but not in a way you can control it.

I'll ask this again...What is EE doing that Advanced Effects isnt that you'd want to use EE.

Sorry...Equipped Effects automates what Advanced Effects does manually, but not just for items, it automatically adds class and racial effects too, but EE does not provide the Action Only feature that I love about Advanced Effects.

In short, EE lets me drag any item to a player's inventory and it automatically adds the proper effects to the player when the item is equipped - I don't have to remember to add the effects or even which effects to add, it just does it by associating the item name with effects named a certain way which is what the Automatic Effects datasets have done. It's the automation that makes EE so nice, but it's missing the "Action Only" property that I really love about Advanced Effects - EE was never intended to work that way. So, when I drag a frost brand and a flame tongue to a PC, and then the PC equips both, EE adds the effects to the character's effects automatically, but since it doesn't have an "action only" feature, any damage roll the player initiates applies the effects of both plus any other DMG effects that apply.

I love the automation of EE - I don't need to remember which effects to add to items or classes or races, it just does it.

I love the "Action Only" feature of Advanced Effects, players can have multiple items equipped and it applies the right damage.

Sorry if I haven't been clearer on what I'm looking for, but it boils down to this - I'm a lazy DM, and any automation I can use is helpful. EE provides that automation, but it doesn't provide the ability to distinguish between what effects to apply and which ones not to apply - any effect added by Equipped Effects gets added to the character's effects in the Combat Tracker and all of them apply if their effect type dictates (i.e. all DMG effects get applied every time damage is rolled, etc.) regardless of what attack initiated a damage roll. I'd love the automation of EE and the "Action Only" ability of Advanced Effects.

Maybe my perfect world ends up being a "good enough" world and I just need to figure out how use these two extensions together the best way. The way I've been told to use both involves renaming effects in question so that EE can't find the right effect and then manually adding that renamed effect to the weapon using Advanced Effects. That works, and if that's the answer, that's the answer. Alternatively, I could not worry about the "Action Only" feature and remind my players to unequip any weapon they aren't using and equip only the weapon they are, but they have already expressed that is not ideal. :)

celestian
November 9th, 2021, 03:18
Ah, so it sounds like the guy created a database of effects so you don't have to? For me, I found that adding the effects to the items was what I needed (you can do that before giving it to them). The 2E ruleset does it for race/class/backgrounds and all that jazz also but I guess 5e doesn't come pre-populated with effects like 2e. I have a better understanding why you are doing what you are, thanks ;)

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 03:59
Ah, so it sounds like the guy created a database of effects so you don't have to?

Yup!

Automatic Effects is the database of all effects (created by Aridhro) for a ton of sourcebooks and Equipped Effects (created by SilentRuin) is the extension that uses that database to automatically apply effects to items when they are equipped. It's pretty slick for lazy DMs like me. :)

MeAndUnique
November 9th, 2021, 17:19
Yup!

Automatic Effects is the database of all effects (created by Aridhro) for a ton of sourcebooks and Equipped Effects (created by SilentRuin) is the extension that uses that database to automatically apply effects to items when they are equipped. It's pretty slick for lazy DMs like me. :)

For me, the easiest thing is to actually just delete the custom effects for anything that I have manually created an Advanced Effect for. That way there's no need to equip/unequip or anything like that.

Fwiw I do think there is a ripe opportunity for a collaborative functionality between Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects. I have done a similar thing in Kit'N'Kaboodle to tap in to the Equipped Effects automation when an item is equipped to add any actions to the item itself directly as opposed to the character sheet, which then allows benefits of charge tracking, etc from KNK. From what I saw when taking a quick look, the primary consideration would be translating a regular custom effect into the format used by Advanced Effects. Doubt it would be too difficult, but would take more than the 5 minutes I set aside for looking at it originally.

Poe the Homunculus
November 9th, 2021, 20:22
True, bonuses like +1 don't stack because they aren't considered effects, they are inherent with the weapon. Without having the effects added per Advanced Effects, if the PC has a shortsword flame tongue and a shortsword frost brand, the Equipped Effects with Automatic Effects combo will add both 2d6 fire and 1d6 cold to the PC when the weapons are equipped. Attacks with either will trigger both effects all the time. I can remind players that they need to unequip one weapon when attacking with the other, but I guarantee they'll forget. In your +1, poison and simply +1, unless you unequip the poison one when attacking with the normal one, the poison damage will get applied to it too because it is added as an effect (unless you simply add it manually to an already existing +1 sword via Advanced Effects, but then EE wouldn't have added it anyway and it's not an issue - I'm not worried about that case.)

With standard magic weapons though, that EE would add effects for, with the effects added per Advanced Effects to get the "Action Only" function, if I add the 2d6 fire and 1d6 cold damage to each weapon using Advanced Effects, when I equip the weapons, the effects get added both by Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects so that a hit with the frost brand triggers a 1d6 cold from Advanced Effects, another 1d6 cold from Equipped Effects, and a 2d6 fire from Equipped Effects. Unless I rename the effect to force EE to not automatically add it when equipped. Fundamentally, this is what I want to avoid and retain the "Action Only" capability of Advanced Effects.

I don't mind the extra setup it takes to manually add effects from Automatic Effects to weapons using Advanced Effects and renaming something to make Equipped Effects not re-add the effect when the weapon is equipped...I guess I'm looking for the most straightforward way to do it - I fully admit that I may be making it too complicated.

Maybe all I need is to know what method you use to make those extensions best work together without duplicating effects.

Thanks for the patience!

I just add the bonuses like +1d6 fire to the weapon's damage. I don't add it as an effect on the character or combat tracker. Then nothing to turn on or off, it's just applied when they roll damage for that weapon.
I'm confused because you can just go into the weapon itself, add a line in damage, add a dice, then rename the damage to anything. So the damage is only rolled when they click on the damage for that weapon. Why add it to the character instead of the weapon?

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 20:57
I just add the bonuses like +1d6 fire to the weapon's damage. I don't add it as an effect on the character or combat tracker. Then nothing to turn on or off, it's just applied when they roll damage for that weapon.
I'm confused because you can just go into the weapon itself, add a line in damage, add a dice, then rename the damage to anything. So the damage is only rolled when they click on the damage for that weapon.

You actually shouldn't do that.

Try this:

Short sword with damage of 1d6; 1d8 cold

critical hit does 2d6 + 2d8 like it's supposed to.

Now change the extra crit dice property for the PC to 1. Critical damage SHOULD be 3d6 + 2d8.

But, adding the effect damage as weapon damage breaks the critical roll - it does 2d6 + 3d8. The reason? It assumes all damage added to a weapon like you do is "normal weapon damage" and takes the highest damage die and adds one and wrongly adds the extra cold die, not only doing an extra d8 damage instead of an extra d6 damage, but doing an extra d8 cold damage instead of and extra d6 normal damage.

Adding as effects cause critical damage to be calculated properly. Adding special effects as raw weapon damage breaks critical damage.

That's the biggest reason and the reason extensions like Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects add effects as effects, not as weapon damage.

Poe the Homunculus
November 9th, 2021, 21:14
Ah, so it sounds like the guy created a database of effects so you don't have to? For me, I found that adding the effects to the items was what I needed (you can do that before giving it to them). The 2E ruleset does it for race/class/backgrounds and all that jazz also but I guess 5e doesn't come pre-populated with effects like 2e. I have a better understanding why you are doing what you are, thanks ;)

Yeah, that's what I do too.

You actually shouldn't do that.

Try this:

Short sword with damage of 1d6; 1d8 cold

critical hit does 2d6 + 2d8 like it's supposed to.

Now change the extra crit dice property for the PC to 1. Critical damage SHOULD be 3d6 + 2d8.

But, adding the effect damage as weapon damage breaks the critical roll - it does 2d6 + 3d8. The reason? It assumes all damage added to a weapon like you do is "normal weapon damage" and takes the highest damage die and adds one and wrongly adds the extra cold die, not only doing an extra d8 damage instead of an extra d6 damage, but doing an extra d8 cold damage instead of and extra d6 normal damage.

Adding as effects cause critical damage to be calculated properly. Adding special effects as raw weapon damage breaks critical damage.

That's the biggest reason and the reason extensions like Advanced Effects and Equipped Effects add effects as effects, not as weapon damage.

Why add an additional 1d6 for base weapon damage? A crit should be just double the amount of dice rolled. If the character hits with an effect or weapon that does different dice on a crit, it rolls those dice separately. Like if a rouge hits as a crit on sneak attack with a short sword, it will roll 4d4 and 2d6 as damage. Sneak attack is an effect. I run both extensions and don't have issues.

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 21:27
Why add an additional 1d6 for base weapon damage? A crit should be just double the amount of dice rolled. If the character hits with an effect or weapon that does different dice on a crit, it rolls those dice separately. Like if a rouge hits as a crit on sneak attack with a short sword, it will roll 4d4 and 2d6 as damage. Sneak attack is an effect. I run both extensions and don't have issues.

Because high level fighters, half orcs, etc, add an extra crit dice on critical hits..sometimes two, heck, sometimes even 3.

So, if you add the fire or cold damage as "weapon damage", the critical damage will be wrong.

Critical damage without the extra crit die added by class or race comes out correctly. But as soon as you add that extra crit die, or more than one, it'll be wrong.

It really comes into play if you were attacking a creature that was vulnerable to fire and you had a PC with brutal critical or something that added an extra 3 crit die. That critical short sword flame tongue would to 2d6 + 7d8 fire (2d8 critical fire + 2d8 fire + 2d8 critical fire + 3d8 extra critical fire), and then fire damage would be multiplied by 1.5 for a range of 10 to 84 fire damage instead of 6 to 48 fire damage that the rules say: 5d6 (2d6 + 3d6 extra crit + 2d8 fire + 2d8 critical fire.)

That's a MASSIVE difference in damage. If you are OK with that, that's fine, just know it's not how 5e intended effect damage to work.

Poe the Homunculus
November 9th, 2021, 21:43
Oh - so why not just add the extra crit die as a "Power" on the character sheet. Then when they roll the crit, after the auto-roll, they can just roll the extra "Power" dice.

TheoGeek
November 9th, 2021, 21:57
Oh - so why not just add the extra crit die as a "Power" on the character sheet. Then when they roll the crit, after the auto-roll, they can just roll the extra "Power" dice.

I mean, I guess you could do that but why clutter up the Powers when Fantasy Grounds provides the capability natively? Simply click the magnifying glass on the WEAPONS heading on the actions tab and add the number of extra critical die you should use, you just set it and forget it and it works for all weapons regardless of the dice type.

MeAndUnique
November 10th, 2021, 09:57
Also, if manual steps are going to be required, better to delete an effect once per item than remember to activate an ability every time a crit is rolled in addition to setting up a new ability for every damage type and dice used by the characters weapons. Plus multiple damage instances is detrimental for automating things like concentration and can cause rounding differences in case of resistance.

Minty23185Fresh
November 21st, 2021, 21:59
Hello celestian.

The issue I am seeing is rather esoteric and is probably based on my very specific circumstances/setup, so, that said, should you wish to ignore this issue, no biggie.

I run a 5E solo campaign at times in which I have at my disposal 5 PC's.

To repeat the behavior:
(1) I started the DM/GM instance on my PC.
(2) I then started a second instance of FG on the same computer, my "Player" instance.
(3) I connected the Player instance to the DM instance using "Join Campaign" over a LAN connection to "localhost".
(4) In the Player instance I brought in all five of my characters to the campaign.
(5) In the DM instance, when I dragged each of the five PCs into the Combat Tracker, the portrait displayed in the chat window was the same for each of the characters. In this case the PC in the left-most position on the desktop.

Attached is a screenshot that indicates that the only extension that I have loaded is the Advanced Effects extension and that, as far as I know it is the latest version (from FG Forge). Note that for each of the PCs the portrait in the Chat is that of "Tamsin"; not the actual portrait of the PC (as seen in the upper left).

Again, this is pretty esoteric, and doesn't seem to affect play. When one of the PC's attacks an NPC, the proper portrait is displayed in the chat. The only time the wrong portrait is displayed is when the PCs are initially dragged into the Combat Tracker.

[EDIT] forgot the screenshot, so here it is.

Thanks celestian, I really appreciate your work.

Minty23185Fresh
November 24th, 2021, 00:14
Hello again celestian,

Unfortunately I have found another peculiarity. I had reported the oddity to the 5E bug reports thread and was told by Moon Wizard that the issue is probably caused by an extension. Low and behold, after a little more investigation, I have confirmed he is correct and that your fine extension is the culprit.

The bug report can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64816-5e-Bug-Reports-(2021)/page77), posts 761 and 762.

Attached is a screen shot indicating that your extension is the only one loaded.
(When it is not loaded the problem is not observed).

Portions of the sub windows in the screen shot are:
(1) the chat - indicates Advanced Effects is the only extension loaded
(2) a brand new, empty character sheet
(3) the AC/Init/Speed sub dialog - with errors circled.

celestian
November 24th, 2021, 07:40
Hello again celestian,

Unfortunately I have found another peculiarity. I had reported the oddity to the 5E bug reports thread and was told by Moon Wizard that the issue is probably caused by an extension. Low and behold, after a little more investigation, I have confirmed he is correct and that your fine extension is the culprit.

The bug report can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64816-5e-Bug-Reports-(2021)/page77), posts 761 and 762.

Attached is a screen shot indicating that your extension is the only one loaded.
(When it is not loaded the problem is not observed).

Portions of the sub windows in the screen shot are:
(1) the chat - indicates Advanced Effects is the only extension loaded
(2) a brand new, empty character sheet
(3) the AC/Init/Speed sub dialog - with errors circled.

Must be something they recently started using. I needed it for the cycler menus I use. I'll tweak it so mine doesn't override 5e.

As to your other question, I've been aware of that issue but not looked into fixing it. It's a one time issue that frankly I can't see causing anyone much consternation. I am also not entirely sure it's something I can correct. I suspect it's related to how CoreRPG handles owners and not being in initiative.

eporrini
November 30th, 2021, 17:25
Is there a way (using this extension or otherwise) to have a Wand of the War mage +1 work as an equipped effect? I've been going into each attack spell and individually adding the +1 manually. I am not concerned with ignoring 1/2 cover, I can factor that in myself on a case by case basis.

Beemanpat
November 30th, 2021, 17:30
I dont think there is but you can go into the spells meta data and give the +1 there and not have to do each individual spell. I just recently acquired a +2 Rod of the PactKeeper and found that was what worked.
Let me know if this helps or if need more info

celestian
November 30th, 2021, 18:18
Is there a way (using this extension or otherwise) to have a Wand of the War mage +1 work as an equipped effect? I've been going into each attack spell and individually adding the +1 manually. I am not concerned with ignoring 1/2 cover, I can factor that in myself on a case by case basis.

I'm not familiar with 5e or the ruleset "that much" so you'll have to explain a bit more. I don't think that you can have a item with powers attached to it in the 5e ruleset? If you only need to add +1 to all attacks if they have it equipped then it should add it to all attacks if it's not flagged "action only".

https://i.imgur.com/FIxdbuJ.jpeg

MrDDT
November 30th, 2021, 21:28

The above doesn't work as it will apply to everything.

You need to edit each spell/group according assuming they have it out and equipped.
Or you can have them apply the effect when it's equipped and it will effect all attacks. You can make it effect ONLY ranged attacks thus limiting your chances of forgetting, however, your spells like shocking grasp would miss out on the effect. I've found it best to apply it to all spells manually in the spell itself (or the overall grouping). Then if you don't have it equipped for the rare casts, give yourself a modifier -1 when using that like that. Most of the time players are going to use the wand out.

picaroon
December 17th, 2021, 23:03
Unfortunately most recent update seems to have borked everything.

"Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when attempting to auto-apply an effect by equipping an item.

Naroe
December 17th, 2021, 23:22
After some investigation for my extensions failing with this error I found that the getActorFromCT function has been depricated and replaced with resolveActor.

Ive replaced it for all my errors with success, even got 5e Enhancer components working
The getActorFromCT affected the versions Im using of "5E Enhancer - Wounds:, 5E Enhancer - Faction Underlays" as well as the one above "AdvancedEffects"

Example of what I changed in the 5E Enhancer Wounds

--local actor = ActorManager.getActorFromCT(ctEntry);
local actor = ActorManager.resolveActor(ctEntry);

Example of what I changed in AdvancedEffects

--local msg = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(ActorManager.getActo rFromCT(nodeChar),sUser);
local msg = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(ActorManager.resolve Actor(nodeChar),sUser);

If the Devs of the extentions can review and verify the change then they can update for everyone to download.

picaroon
December 18th, 2021, 00:12
Belay my previous update, it's still borked, no update today. Having a calcItemArmorClass problem now.

picaroon
December 18th, 2021, 00:29
OK, fixed the code you suggested (in manager_effect_adnd.lua.)
Removed a "whitespace error" at the start of extension.xml (or it might have been the advanced_effects.xml.)
Replaced depreciated ActorManager2 with ActorManager5e in the char_weapon_adnd.lua.
Then commented out references to calcItemArmorClass in the char_invlist_adnd.lua.

And it seems to be working for now.

thanks for the first step, and the impetus to try fixing the code myself!

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 01:07
The advanced effects I have attached to NPCs no longer seem to be making it to the Combat Tracker. Image attached.

picaroon
December 18th, 2021, 01:24
What error is it giving in the log? I managed to hack together a (mostly) working version over the last couple hours.

The advanced effects I have attached to NPCs no longer seem to be making it to the Combat Tracker. Image attached.

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 01:34

Working fine for me, did you drag the NPC to the CT after you added the effect?

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 06:09
@picaroon, there's no actual error given, but the effects are not placed on the CT.

@MrDDT, yes, the picture that I attached shows the monsters before they were added to the CT and the effects are not listed.

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 06:14
@picaroon, there's no actual error given, but the effects are not placed on the CT.

@MrDDT, yes, the picture that I attached shows the monsters before they were added to the CT and the effects are not listed.

Well based on where you placed the Advanced Effect, it will not update until you move the NPC or PC to the CT.
If you put it on an item, you can unequip/reequip it.

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 06:24
That's what I'm saying...
1) Add the advanced effect on the NPC, example; ADVINIT to the skeleton with broadsword
2) Then add that monster to the Combat Tracker
3) The effect is not listed under the monster on the Combat Tracker

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 06:30
Here's a gif of it not working.

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 06:54
@picarron, I was mistaken. There is a console error and I know (now) that it is coming from this extension (loaded a new campaign with only the extension active). I've attached an image.

My testing:
1) Take a monster that has an advanced effect (in this case, I gave it ADVINIT) and then added it to the CT. I get the error (attached) and the effect doesn't appear.
2) Remove the effect from the monster, it is added to the CT without the error. Naturally, the effect doesn't appear (as expected in this case).

s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor' (this message x3)
s'ActorManger.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use getRecordType/isPC'
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager effect adnd.lua"];525: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCt' (a nil value)

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 07:20
@picarron, I was mistaken. There is a console error and I know (now) that it is coming from this extension (loaded a new campaign with only the extension active). I've attached an image.

My testing:
1) Take a monster that has an advanced effect (in this case, I gave it ADVINIT) and then added it to the CT. I get the error (attached) and the effect doesn't appear.
2) Remove the effect from the monster, it is added to the CT without the error. Naturally, the effect doesn't appear (as expected in this case).

s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor' (this message x3)
s'ActorManger.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use getRecordType/isPC'
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager effect adnd.lua"];525: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCt' (a nil value)

You are using version 4.9, you should be using 5.0.

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 07:21
I've pushed for updates multiple times and I'm getting it from the Forge. How can I force the update?

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 07:24
Well it should work that way, I'm not sure why it's not.

Because this file is stored in the VAULT, it's a little harder to track, however, he was nice enough to put it on GITHUB, so you can download it there on the first page, goto the FORGE and disable the download and hide it. Then run your updater again, which should remove it from your VAULT, then you can put the GITHUB one in your EXT folders with all the other DATA exts and it should work fine, only you wont get updates for this EXT as you've turn them off (and were not getting them anyways for some reason) and have to manually download them from the GITHUB as he updates it.

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 07:28
Well, that did the trick. Frustrating that the Forge can't seem to update the files appropriately. I added to your rep, MrDDT. Thank you very much for the support!

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 07:35
Well, that did the trick. Frustrating that the Forge can't seem to update the files appropriately. I added to your rep, MrDDT. Thank you very much for the support!

No problem glad it worked out. I scratch my head over the EXTs I use a lot of them so if a basic long standing on like this isn't working it can really mess up all my others. So it's all good. Got it knocked out.

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2021, 09:24

I just skimmed the text, but it sounds like that you use the extension now by putting it in your extensions folder?

That may be then also your culprit from before. Did you have a version of this extension also in your extensions folder? Beware that extensions of your extensions folder always overwrite the vault. Hence, if you had an older version there while the forge downloads to the vault, then the older version of the extensions folder always overwrote the forge version :) To solve this one simply has to get rid of the non-vault one.

(Similarly, unpacked extensions overwrite zipped extensions etc., which is why one suggests not to keep unpacked rulesets and extensions in the main folders)

Hjorimir
December 18th, 2021, 15:04
If I'm being honest here, I don't even know what 'the Vault' is. I've always operated under the assumption that you put extensions in the extension folder (this is from before the Forge was even a thing). Over the years, I've purchased extensions from DM's Guild/Drive-Thru RPG and that's where the instructions said to put them. I was assuming that the subscription to extensions from the Forge would operate likewise and that it would handle overwriting the extensions there for you automatically.

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2021, 15:12
If I'm being honest here, I don't even know what 'the Vault' is. I've always operated under the assumption that you put extensions in the extension folder (this is from before the Forge was even a thing). Over the years, I've purchased extensions from DM's Guild/Drive-Thru RPG and that's where the instructions said to put them. I was assuming that the subscription to extensions from the Forge would operate likewise and that it would handle overwriting the extensions there for you automatically.

Besides the extensions folder you also have a vault folder :) Crafter can choose to use the vault instead, then their work is encrypted. Hence, if Celestian chose to do this, then the forge version will be put to the vault folder :) If you already had the extension in the extensions folder, then the forge version got overwritten.

If you want you can try it out: Delete/Remove all the versions of this extension in the extensions folder, subscribe to the forge item, and test again :)

celestian
December 18th, 2021, 21:03
Unfortunately most recent update seems to have borked everything.

"Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when attempting to auto-apply an effect by equipping an item.

You need to get the latest version of AdvancedEffects. Base on the posts following I presume you have updated now and it's working. I've been on travel and unable to respond.

mattekure
December 22nd, 2021, 01:48
You need to get the latest version of AdvancedEffects. Base on the posts following I presume you have updated now and it's working. I've been on travel and unable to respond.

In our game tonight, we are using v4.9 and get the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when adding an NPC to the CT

MrDDT
December 22nd, 2021, 02:01
In our game tonight, we are using v4.9 and get the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when adding an NPC to the CT

The newest version is 5.0

mattekure
December 22nd, 2021, 02:15
The newest version is 5.0

ok. 5.0 wasnt listed in the first post, didnt know an update had been pushed.

celestian
December 22nd, 2021, 02:26
ok. 5.0 wasnt listed in the first post, didnt know an update had been pushed.

Yeah, Core update went live when I was traveling and all I could do was make sure the forge was updated. If you're running forge it should be fine.

Poe the Homunculus
December 24th, 2021, 08:11
Hi - I am running the extension out of the Forge, and I am getting the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.la"]525:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" error. None of the effects I have equipped on the weapons seem to work on PCs?

I am also totally lost on how to be coding this. I want to add an effect, even the sample "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;" but cannot figure out what any of the codeing means or is? Help, please?

celestian
December 24th, 2021, 08:46
Hi - I am running the extension out of the Forge, and I am getting the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.la"]525:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" error. None of the effects I have equipped on the weapons seem to work on PCs?

I am also totally lost on how to be coding this. I want to add an effect, even the sample "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;" but cannot figure out what any of the codeing means or is? Help, please?

Then you must have a local copy of the extension from previous version. Remove that and any extracted folder of the same name. I am certain of this as that function is no longer present in the latest version.

Poe the Homunculus
December 24th, 2021, 11:02
I looked in the extension folder and found an extension from 7/11/2021 called "AdvancedEffects.ext". Deleted. What is the current .ext file named? I don't see any other .ext with AdvancedEffects.
Thank you very much!

MrDDT
December 24th, 2021, 11:06
I looked in the extension folder and found an extension from 7/11/2021 called "AdvancedEffects.ext". Deleted. What is the current .ext file named? I don't see any other .ext with AdvancedEffects.
Thank you very much!

Advanced Effects ext is stored in the vault if you get it from the forge.
However, if you put an ext named the same in your data folder (where all the extensions goes normally), it will override the anything going to the vault.

So deleting the one in your data folder, and then updating FGU, it should trigger you to get the most current updated ext, however, you wont see it in your data folder because it goes to the vault.

Poe the Homunculus
December 24th, 2021, 16:52
So, delete any .ext files I have that I currently have from Forge so they can be updated in the vault? This will Auto update them?

MrDDT
December 24th, 2021, 18:37
So, delete any .ext files I have that I currently have from Forge so they can be updated in the vault? This will Auto update them?

Well if you worried, you can move them out to another folder so you have them just in case. I also wouldn't delete anything that is not this without backing it up first.
But yes that will trigger it.

celestian
December 24th, 2021, 18:39

Any file called "AdvancedEffects.ext" yes.

Poe the Homunculus
December 24th, 2021, 23:33
Cool. Tried that, and it seems to not be breaking! Next game is Weds, so will try it out.

Manticore2020
December 31st, 2021, 01:46
This is broken with FGU at the moment, anyone having issues???

celestian
December 31st, 2021, 02:59

Works fine.

Perhaps you should update your extensions folders and use the forge?

MrDDT
December 31st, 2021, 04:04

Working fine for me.

Manticore2020
December 31st, 2021, 04:48
got it as the forge! its all good!

citan108
January 22nd, 2022, 07:34
Does AE allow you to alter stats? For instance, I am trying to create an item that adds +1 to a character's charisma. When I enter this into the Effect Features section, nothing happens. The main stat is not affected nor are related skill checks.

Update: Nevermind. I found my error.

anathemort
February 1st, 2022, 18:59
celestian, do you know if there's a way to get equipped item effects to work with AURA (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view) foe factions?

I have this aura effect:

AURA: 10 foe; Shadow of the Shadar-kai; IF: FACTION(foe); IF: TYPE(beast,humanoid); DISSAV

It works fine if I add it to the character manually, but I would like it to be an equipped item effect. However, when I make it so, it seems the faction check considers the aura source to be different than the player, so the player also gets DISSAV. The difference in the CT is that the equipped effect has "Applied from <weapon>" below the effect.

celestian
February 1st, 2022, 19:28
celestian, do you know if there's a way to get equipped item effects to work with AURA (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view) foe factions?

I have this aura effect:

AURA: 10 foe; Shadow of the Shadar-kai; IF: FACTION(foe); IF: TYPE(beast,humanoid); DISSAV

It works fine if I add it to the character manually, but I would like it to be an equipped item effect. However, when I make it so, it seems the faction check considers the aura source to be different than the player, so the player also gets DISSAV. The difference in the CT is that the equipped effect has "Applied from <weapon>" below the effect.

The owner is the item, not the player thats why it does that. There isnt really a way around it. Certain ability modifiers for checks do the same thing.

anathemort
February 1st, 2022, 19:48
That's what it seemed like. Thanks for confirming, I'll take clarity as the best I can get!

Strongtree
February 11th, 2022, 19:19
Hi, good job with Extension. One question to Combat tracker. Is there possibility to set effect default OFF (by NPC e.g.) and later when needed to set ON?

MrDDT
February 11th, 2022, 19:31
Hi, good job with Extension. One question to Combat tracker. Is there possibility to set effect default OFF (by NPC e.g.) and later when needed to set ON?

I don't think so but with BCEG you can do this with the DE effect coding.

celestian
February 11th, 2022, 19:32

That's part of the CT and not the extension. Click the bird thing (depends on your theme) and you can turn a effect on and off with a toggle there. That said there is no way to set it OFF by default.

Setting something off by default sounds like you just need to give the NPC the power and put the effect on the npc as you would normally when needed.

nephranka
March 7th, 2022, 01:23
Seems to be throwing "ActorManager.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Contact forge/extension author" when I use this ext. Not sure why but it may be impacting BCE/BCEG ext as well as I use their code in your Advance section.

celestian
March 7th, 2022, 02:45
Seems to be throwing "ActorManager.getType - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Contact forge/extension author" when I use this ext. Not sure why but it may be impacting BCE/BCEG ext as well as I use their code in your Advance section.

Hum, I fixed that a while back and looks like I didn't move it to Live. The Test channel has had it for a while tho. I'll fix that.

nephranka
March 7th, 2022, 10:48
Hum, I fixed that a while back and looks like I didn't move it to Live. The Test channel has had it for a while tho. I'll fix that.

That has fixed it. Thanks!

Zorngrimm
March 10th, 2022, 16:01
Hi there, I posted following message on discord on the rob twohy channel:

"Hi there, this is a question just to be on the sure side. I am getting error messages about an actor manager on FGU, 5e D&D, since the last update of FGU. The cause of this were the extensions 5e combat automation and 5e advanced effects. (They are both still working but are causing multiple error messages each time they come into action.)
I understand that least one is from an author called xleb (or so) who is no longer in your team. The author of the other extension I don't know - may be the same one.
On DMG there are no updates for both extensions. Is it right to expect no updates for those 2 extensions? Or will they be created by someone else?"

They answered me I should look into FG Forums and gave me this link. If there is a update for those extensions, where can I download them? I bought them on DMG.

Ciao

me

celestian
March 10th, 2022, 16:29
Hi there, I posted following message on discord on the rob twohy channel:

"Hi there, this is a question just to be on the sure side. I am getting error messages about an actor manager on FGU, 5e D&D, since the last update of FGU. The cause of this were the extensions 5e combat automation and 5e advanced effects. (They are both still working but are causing multiple error messages each time they come into action.)
I understand that least one is from an author called xleb (or so) who is no longer in your team. The author of the other extension I don't know - may be the same one.
On DMG there are no updates for both extensions. Is it right to expect no updates for those 2 extensions? Or will they be created by someone else?"

They answered me I should look into FG Forums and gave me this link. If there is a update for those extensions, where can I download them? I bought them on DMG.

Ciao

me

This extension was never sold. I created it, you can find the update on the Forge (link in first post) for free.

eporrini
March 10th, 2022, 16:37
I have a strange issue. I am getting the actormanager depricated error. FGU says I am running version Advanced Effects 5e v5.2. When I look in the extensions folder for the extension (I was going to delete it to make sure it refreshes) I can't see the extension. I recently (yesterday) moved my campaign to a new computer, I let the extensions reload that were on the forge (as I recall).

bwatford
March 10th, 2022, 17:11
I run multiple games per week and started receiving the same error.

However, the error is now gone as other extension authors updated CAE and Flanking & Ranged were the main culprits.

I run Advanced Effects in every game and have not seen it cause a single error in any game.

It may7 be another extension causing your issues.

eporrini
March 10th, 2022, 17:19
I run multiple games per week and started receiving the same error.

However, the error is now gone as other extension authors updated CAE and Flanking & Ranged were the main culprits.

I run Advanced Effects in every game and have not seen it cause a single error in any game.

It may7 be another extension causing your issues.

Thanks. I saw the same error mentioned in this thread and made an assumption. I will see about trying to narrow it down and circle back.

eporrini
March 10th, 2022, 19:14
Thanks. I saw the same error mentioned in this thread and made an assumption. I will see about trying to narrow it down and circle back.

I found the issue, it was not this extension. Sorry for any confusion!!

Zorngrimm
March 11th, 2022, 11:22
No wonder I couldn't find it on DMG. Gets complicated with updates there. But now I remember, I uploaded some extensions here too. Thanks very much for your answer and the location, celestian! One beer on me if we ever meet!

Zorngrimm
March 11th, 2022, 11:42
Hi Celestian, after updating I get the following result:

Advanced Effects - 5e v4.8
by celestian, 217-2020

After using a weapon from the chracter sheet (with dice) I get:
ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/axtension author

and then the result of the attack dice.

That was the problem I had before. Any hints?

nephranka
March 11th, 2022, 11:57
Hi Celestian, after updating I get the following result:

Advanced Effects - 5e v4.8
by celestian, 217-2020

After using a weapon from the chracter sheet (with dice) I get:
ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/axtension author

and then the result of the attack dice.

That was the problem I had before. Any hints?

I think the most current is v5.2. I had the same issue. He uses the vault, so make sure you have removed any versions in your ext folder and re-update from the vault.

Zorngrimm
March 11th, 2022, 12:15
The problem is solved. Indeed I had to remove the old extension and then to update. Thanks, to Kelrugem, Celestian and of course nephranka!

I have the same problem with 5e combat automation which I bought from DMG. Is there a solution?

As far as I understand the author isn't supporting it anymore. Unfortunately it was a nice extension which made combat much faster.

nephranka
March 11th, 2022, 13:17
The problem is solved. Indeed I had to remove the old extension and then to update. Thanks, to Kelrugem, Celestian and of course nephranka!

I have the same problem with 5e combat automation which I bought from DMG. Is there a solution?

As far as I understand the author isn't supporting it anymore. Unfortunately it was a nice extension which made combat much faster.

Xelab is still around but is only going to fix his ext if it is broken when loaded by itself (internal issues). He is not going to change his code in making it compatible with other exts. He will help by answering questions from the other developers. Because I use so many exts, I can not afford to have that one as it is not compatible with a few others I use. I too liked it but I have learned to live without it.

Zorngrimm
March 11th, 2022, 16:25
Hmm. Very interesting. That is because I have a test campaign, where I check each extension on its own. And it doesn't need another extension to produce the error message when using a weapon:

ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/extension author

I assume that would cover "broken when loaded by itself (internal issues)". By the way, except the error message the extension is working, but the error message appears multiple times, and that can be very nerving. Is there any chance someone can contact him? I don't know as he seems no to answer on DMG.

MrDDT
March 11th, 2022, 16:38
Xelab is still around but is only going to fix his ext if it is broken when loaded by itself (internal issues). He is not going to change his code in making it compatible with other exts. He will help by answering questions from the other developers. Because I use so many exts, I can not afford to have that one as it is not compatible with a few others I use. I too liked it but I have learned to live without it.

Hmm. Very interesting. That is because I have a test campaign, where I check each extension on its own. And it doesn't need another extension to produce the error message when using a weapon:

ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED -21-01--01 - Contact forge/extension author

I assume that would cover "broken when loaded by itself (internal issues)". By the way, except the error message the extension is working, but the error message appears multiple times, and that can be very nerving. Is there any chance someone can contact him? I don't know as he seems no to answer on DMG.

You might want to bring this into Xelabs thread for it and not posting it here. As it has nothing to do with Advanced Effects.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62208-5E-Spell-Automation&highlight=Xelab

celestian
March 11th, 2022, 17:11
5.3 is on test (changes from bmos for his extension compatibility).

MrDDT
March 16th, 2022, 18:39
I got an update for this however, I see nothing in the log for what was changed.
What was the update for?

celestian
March 16th, 2022, 19:10
I got an update for this however, I see nothing in the log for what was changed.
What was the update for?

bmos ammo extension compatibility changes only ;) My previous post mentioned it on test. I didnt get any errors (or reports) so it went live this morning.

SashaJace
March 19th, 2022, 04:55
Hi Celestian-
I'm getting an error running Advanced Effects with bmos Ammo extension: [ERROR] Script Execution Error: [string "campaign/scrips/char_weapon/adnd.lua"] 42: attempt to compare a number with nil

From what I gather, this is the change you address above as having pushed an update on the 16th. But the listing in forge says 'last updated 48 days ago'

I've tried the method listed, of delisting the extension from my forge inventory, updating FGU, relisting the extension, and updating again and nothing seems to change.

The chatlog says I have v5.3 of Advanced Effects.

Am I missing something?

MrDDT
March 19th, 2022, 04:59

Dunno about your error but this is the most updated version you have listed.

celestian
March 19th, 2022, 05:21
Hi Celestian-
I'm getting an error running Advanced Effects with bmos Ammo extension: [ERROR] Script Execution Error: [string "campaign/scrips/char_weapon/adnd.lua"] 42: attempt to compare a number with nil

That isn't even a file my the extension.

damned
March 19th, 2022, 05:35
Hi Celestian-

From what I gather, this is the change you address above as having pushed an update on the 16th. But the listing in forge says 'last updated 48 days ago'

I've tried the method listed, of delisting the extension from my forge inventory, updating FGU, relisting the extension, and updating again and nothing seems to change.

Am I missing something?

At the moment Last Updated Date refers only to the Text/Description. That is being reviewed by SmiteWorks.

SashaJace
March 19th, 2022, 05:37
Apologies, I typoed - the error log points to campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua

jebs
March 20th, 2022, 19:30
I am also receiving the "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:42: attempt to compare number with nil" whenever I try make an attack roll from a PC character sheet. NPC character sheets and NPCs from the combat tracker work just fine.

Removing the Ammunition Manager extension makes the attack rolls work again.

celestian
March 20th, 2022, 19:56
I am also receiving the "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua"]:42: attempt to compare number with nil" whenever I try make an attack roll from a PC character sheet. NPC character sheets and NPCs from the combat tracker work just fine.

Removing the Ammunition Manager extension makes the attack rolls work again.

You should seek advice from bmos.

nephranka
March 20th, 2022, 23:19
You should seek advice from bmos.

It looks like bmos sent a fix in for this problem.

"Re AE, I messed up the compatibility patch I sent to Celestian
So I have posted a working one: https://github.com/CelestianGC/AdvancedEffects/pull/7"

Is that still in the queue to upsteam?

BlazingAzureCrow
March 25th, 2022, 23:14
Whenever I put an NPC into the combat tracker who has anything listed in their bonus action section, those entries become blank (but opening their link still contains their details as per the NPC sheet). I've isolated the issue to this extension in a blank campaign with only it turned on.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/53464edf-ce72-47a1-82e4-d8cfbd0f26e2/df2e6yd-16d8c11b-b08b-4c50-9ca2-7a9b4b6c792d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzUzNDY0ZWRmLWNlNzItNDdhMS04Mm U0LWQ4Y2ZiZDBmMjZlMlwvZGYyZTZ5ZC0xNmQ4YzExYi1iMDhi LTRjNTAtOWNhMi03YTliNGI2Yzc5MmQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.R7B5hHaw PSyYD9ewBq4mJYfDNan1XO-jOsAsmrONizw

MrDDT
March 25th, 2022, 23:40
Whenever I put an NPC into the combat tracker who has anything listed in their bonus action section, those entries become blank (but opening their link still contains their details as per the NPC sheet). I've isolated the issue to this extension in a blank campaign with only it turned on.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/53464edf-ce72-47a1-82e4-d8cfbd0f26e2/df2e6yd-16d8c11b-b08b-4c50-9ca2-7a9b4b6c792d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzUzNDY0ZWRmLWNlNzItNDdhMS04Mm U0LWQ4Y2ZiZDBmMjZlMlwvZGYyZTZ5ZC0xNmQ4YzExYi1iMDhi LTRjNTAtOWNhMi03YTliNGI2Yzc5MmQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.R7B5hHaw PSyYD9ewBq4mJYfDNan1XO-jOsAsmrONizw

It's working for me can you give me a screenshot of NPC before you drag it into the CT?

BlazingAzureCrow
March 25th, 2022, 23:44
It's working for me can you give me a screenshot of NPC before you drag it into the CT?

Can do.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/53464edf-ce72-47a1-82e4-d8cfbd0f26e2/df2e96m-3f90bbf6-267f-4138-9366-f0ebda30a9b1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzUzNDY0ZWRmLWNlNzItNDdhMS04Mm U0LWQ4Y2ZiZDBmMjZlMlwvZGYyZTk2bS0zZjkwYmJmNi0yNjdm LTQxMzgtOTM2Ni1mMGViZGEzMGE5YjEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.oboJLxJD 3Y9W8QkC1DnnmWTPEpTUd5VGB1zNd_zO7V8

Hopefully this isn't just some weird thing on my end.

MrDDT
March 26th, 2022, 01:26
Well you are not crazy.

I tested it with all my exts running and one of them fixes the issue.
When I test with only AE going, it's broken. No AE and no other ext, and it works fine. So something in AE is causing the issue.

Sorry for the extra tracking but I can confirm I'm getting this issue also, with only AE running.

Now I'm not sure which ext is fixing the issue that I'm running, but still a bug none the less.

bmos
March 26th, 2022, 02:15
I'm pretty sure the code for that section was updated recently in the 5E ruleset. Maybe it didn't get updated in this extension yet?

BlazingAzureCrow
March 26th, 2022, 02:54
Here's hoping~ In the meantime, I'll just launch effects for bonus actions from the NPC sheet itself.

celestian
March 26th, 2022, 19:16
I'm out for a week at least so wont be any updates from me. Recovering from surgery.

BlazingAzureCrow
March 26th, 2022, 19:17
I'm out for a week at least so wont be any updates from me. Recovering from surgery.

Be well~! I wish you a speedy recovery.

celestian
April 1st, 2022, 17:58

I'm slowly getting back into things and will attempt to look at this over the weekend. As I gather from the issues, it's when you drag/drop a NPC into the CT ? I did see that 5e had a update to some code (Around addNPC I imagine).

BlazingAzureCrow
April 1st, 2022, 19:53
I'm slowly getting back into things and will attempt to look at this over the weekend. As I gather from the issues, it's when you drag/drop a NPC into the CT ? I did see that 5e had a update to some code (Around addNPC I imagine).

That's correct. If a creature has anything in their bonus action section, when they're dropped into the CT that section shows up with blank entries like the images from before.

Smoltok
April 1st, 2022, 20:11
Hi !

I'm using Advanced Effects - 5E v5.3\rby Celestian, 2017-2021
and I still have those error :
ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Contact forge/extension author

I'm not sure how the extension get the update now

celestian
April 1st, 2022, 20:42
That's correct. If a creature has anything in their bonus action section, when they're dropped into the CT that section shows up with blank entries like the images from before.

I've uploaded a version to Forge for the Test channel (5.5) that addresses the addNPC() changes. My initial test didnt generate any errors. If someone else can confirm.

celestian
April 1st, 2022, 20:53
Hi !

I'm using Advanced Effects - 5E v5.3\rby Celestian, 2017-2021
and I still have those error :
ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Contact forge/extension author

I'm not sure how the extension get the update now

At the top of the first post.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72434-Advanced-Effects-Alternative&p=638439&viewfull=1#post638439

BlazingAzureCrow
April 1st, 2022, 20:57
I've uploaded a version to Forge for the Test channel (5.5) that addresses the addNPC() changes. My initial test didnt generate any errors. If someone else can confirm.

I tested it out and it seemed to fix the issue. I'm gonna hop off of the test channel and wait for it to go live though~ Thanks for the update!

nephranka
April 5th, 2022, 18:29
I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering if you had a chance to review bmos' edits for the missing line? Maybe they are already added and I did not see the change? Thanks for all the work.

bmos Ref:
So I have posted a working one: https://github.com/CelestianGC/AdvancedEffects/pull/7"

celestian
April 5th, 2022, 18:38
I hope you are feeling better. I was wondering if you had a chance to review bmos' edits for the missing line? Maybe they are already added and I did not see the change? Thanks for all the work.

bmos Ref:

No, I had forgotten actually after fixing the 5e ruleset change.

I'll look at the repo update sometime this week and see if I can merge it with the other.

nephranka
April 5th, 2022, 18:39

I'll look at the repo update sometime this week and see if I can merge it with the other.

Thanks!

celestian
April 5th, 2022, 18:59

This was actually a really tiny update from bmos. I merged and put 5.6 up on Test for folks to look at. As I dont use 5e much (or BMOS extension) I'd like to get confirmation from someone before I move it to live.

nephranka
April 6th, 2022, 02:56
This was actually a really tiny update from bmos. I merged and put 5.6 up on Test for folks to look at. As I dont use 5e much (or BMOS extension) I'd like to get confirmation from someone before I move it to live.

I ran a test in live to make sure the error is present. It is. I then went to test and in the same setup the error is not there. Looks to be working in test as expected. Thanks!

celestian
April 6th, 2022, 03:33
I ran a test in live to make sure the error is present. It is. I then went to test and in the same setup the error is not there. Looks to be working in test as expected. Thanks!

Thanks.

5.6 is now live, bmos users rejoice ;)

nephranka
April 6th, 2022, 03:36
Thanks.

5.6 is now live, bmos users rejoice ;)

Rejoicing! Thanks.

bmos
April 10th, 2022, 21:26
Thanks.

5.6 is now live, bmos users rejoice ;)Thanks, going to try really hard to keep those bits static from now on ;)

LeoKeros
April 13th, 2022, 10:55
Has this extension been updated? Celestian said 5.6 was "live", but Forge says the extension was last updated 74 days ago.

nephranka
April 13th, 2022, 10:57
Has this extension been updated? Celestian said 5.6 was "live", but Forge says the extension was last updated 74 days ago.

I see in the chat window on load:
Advanced Effects - 5E v5.6
by Celestian, 2017-2021

bmos
April 13th, 2022, 11:46

The Forge update counter is based on when the description was updated, unfortunately.

MrDDT
April 13th, 2022, 15:51

Yeah the FORGE doesn't update that timer based on when the file was updated (oddly enough) it only updates it if the description of on the page was updated.

This ext was updated last on APR 6th 2022.

celestian
April 13th, 2022, 15:59
The Forge update counter is based on when the description was updated, unfortunately.

I changed it just so it would update... not going to say I'll keep doing it but... there ;)

Last updated today

Iron Tyrant
April 25th, 2022, 00:36

I still get this purple message in the chatbox - is that AdvancedEffects for 5e right?

MrDDT
April 25th, 2022, 01:58

I still get this purple message in the chatbox - is that AdvancedEffects for 5e right?

This is not AE, its going to be one of your other EXTs. It might seem like AE because it only happens if AE is on but its because something is auto triggering it from AE.

Slagmoth
May 6th, 2022, 15:55
So last session one of my players noticed that his PC had a couple of effects on his sheet. In the CT I had it set to GM only. Is there a way for this extension to be edited to avoid divulging information to the players that they shouldn't have to avoid metagaming?