PDA

View Full Version : Rulesets and 1.06

Snikle
February 27th, 2006, 18:30
Will all rulesets created for the current version be applicable to the new version coming out down the road? Would there be any reason to not work on one now and hold off a few weeks to wait for the new version? I know there will be scripting and all, but will the scripting be present inside the rulesets, or will the rulesets act as simple the data which is pulled by the scripts, etc?
Reason I ask Is I started working one a ruleset d20 MSRD and I want to combine certain aspects of the rules from d20 Cthulhu and d20 Past into the system, but if it will be easier/better to wait a few weeks, I can change gears.

Ged
February 27th, 2006, 20:25
For most part the old rulesets will work. There will be some changes, however, and depending on the extent of your customizations you might face a few issues that need repairing after the patch. The next patch will be a one-time major change and even though any incompatibility is very annoying, the changes will be necessary. But, we have prepared to provide concrete help (ruleset coding) in cases the rulesets fail to operate and that cannot be repaired easily.

As we have indicated before, we will release the patch first for beta testing during which both the current and the new version are supported and thus there will be transition time for changes.

danielpryor
February 27th, 2006, 21:30
The only ruleset I'm worried about is the one I just paid $5.00 for the "full" RSD D20 ruleset. Any incompatibilities with this one so far?

Thore_Ironrock
February 28th, 2006, 01:16
The only ruleset I'm worried about is the one I just paid $5.00 for the "full" RSD D20 ruleset. Any incompatibilities with this one so far?

Ville and Tero will be working with Digital Adventures to make sure the Complete d20 SRD Ruleset works fine in both patches. We will be testing all of our ruleset releases with SmiteWorks prior to the release of the 1.06 patch, and Ville has promised me all will be well.

I hope this puts your mind at ease ... and thanks for the purchase!