PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Table Importer

celestian
October 26th, 2017, 05:57
NOTICE: 3.3.12+ is now live (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63344-Release-v3-3-12) and I've retired this extension. This means I will no longer update. Table Importer is now with CoreRPG.

See this video for the official instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gua_wNY4wc0) on the CoreRPG Table Importer.

So, I made this for my ruleset a while back because I was really not looking forward to typing in a ton of simple tables. This allows you to import the text of a table and each line will be a entry in the table. Like this.

https://i.imgur.com/uUJulQv.png

with the result of

https://i.imgur.com/D1Eovcp.png

1.5+ version adds support to use existing dice rolls in string. So, for example:

Staves With Dice
1-2 Mace
3 Command (Priest, Wizard)
4-5 Curing (Priest)
6 Magi (Wizard)
7 Power (Wizard)
8 Serpent (Priest)
9-10 Slinging (Priest)
11-12 Spear
13-14 Striking (Priest, Wizard)
15 Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
16 Thunder & Lightning
17-18 Withering
19 Woodlands (Druid)
20 DM’s Choice

.... or ....
Staves Generated Dice
Mace
Command (Priest, Wizard)
Curing (Priest)
Magi (Wizard)
Power (Wizard)
Serpent (Priest)
Slinging (Priest)
Spear
Striking (Priest, Wizard)
Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
Thunder & Lightning
Withering
Woodlands (Druid)
DM’s Choice

And they will import like this. It will use existing dice (assuming the format above matches) or it will generate it's own dice rolls based on line count.

https://i.imgur.com/UI0jGxJ.png

I mostly put this together as a extension because I saw Rob2e painfully, tediously doing tables on his stream that he could just copy/paste and it would be done with very little effort.

A few caveats.

Each line will be an entry. If the line wrapped in the PDF you'll need to correct it before you click "IMPORT".
It will assign a number to the entries based on how many lines there are. If you need varying ranges/etc you'll need to do that yourself.

update 1.1: first line will now be used as the table name. now a CoreRPG/5E module.
update 1.2: real support for CoreRPG/etc.
update 1.4: fix for AD&D Core DMs.
update 1.5: added support for parsing of existing rolls in string
update 1.6: add more string matching for dice and period (%d+%.?)
update 1.7: trims off spaces in front of and on tail end of each line in import box at process time
update 1.8: Will now split each line on 2 spaces or more and add a column for each one.
update 1.9: Recognize a wider range of dice text.
update 2.0: Updated to run under FGU.
update 2.1: Updated for non-2E/5E flavors of rulesets. CoreRPG+.
update 2.2: FGU tentative support.

Download here:

Talyn
October 26th, 2017, 06:17
Nice work, I'll probably use this myself next time a project has a lot of tables! :)

However, not to be "that guy" but rollable tables are a CoreRPG thing, not a 5E thing. Shame you limited the potential userbase like that...

rob2e
October 26th, 2017, 06:57
OMG! Called out by name! Hilarious.

celestian
October 26th, 2017, 07:37
Nice work, I'll probably use this myself next time a project has a lot of tables! :)

However, not to be "that guy" but rollable tables are a CoreRPG thing, not a 5E thing. Shame you limited the potential userbase like that...

I actually did try to set it up for CoreRPG but I ran into some title template issues because I wrote it for 5E that I to lazy to fix. If someone can sort out the diffs I'll happily apply them so it can be CoreRPG/5E. I figured this would be a low use extension because it's a pretty specific need.

celestian
October 26th, 2017, 07:43
OMG! Called out by name! Hilarious.

Please don't take offense. I enjoy watching your stream and like your work in modules.

One thing I will add to this thread is Rob had issues selecting text only in a list of items and numbers. In most PDF viewers you can press ALT while using select tool and it will let you select a column. Just exclude the numbers in the copy and you should be good.

Lets you select like this.

https://i.imgur.com/MBnTaM5.png

damned
October 26th, 2017, 12:56
Celestian I do love your work!

I have PMd you a quick and dirty hack for CoreRPG (well I did it for MoreCore but it works fine in CoreRPG too).
Its not as pretty as yours but it works...

Ive one suggestion after testing it out - it works beautifully btw.

What about using line 1 as the table name...?

celestian
October 26th, 2017, 16:33
Celestian I do love your work!

I have PMd you a quick and dirty hack for CoreRPG (well I did it for MoreCore but it works fine in CoreRPG too).
Its not as pretty as yours but it works...

Ive one suggestion after testing it out - it works beautifully btw.

What about using line 1 as the table name...?

Thanks, I'll look at it this evening and get it applied.

At one point I actually had that (used first line for title) but it seemed to slow me down more than just setting it from the table window. Lot of the tables I would copy in PDFs would have multi-line titles or alignment issues and I'd have to edit/fix them anyway.

I'll look at re-adding it and let you guys play with it and see. Could be just me.

celestian
October 26th, 2017, 20:05
Update 1.1

* Removed some debug output.
* First line of text will be the title/name of the table.
* Support for CoreRPG added (thanks damned for template resolution).

Let me know if the first line of text being title is good/bad ;)

damned
October 27th, 2017, 00:20
I just tested with a couple of CoreRPG rulesets.

Suggestion - Id remove all the Ruleset tags so it can be used with Savage Worlds, Castles&Crusades, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu etc etc.
Ill see if I can make it work with both 5e and CoreRPG as at the momment it is showing again without some elements (background, instructions) but the rest works.
I do like it with it parsing the Table name :)

Myrdin Potter
October 27th, 2017, 00:34
After painfully importing many 100+ line tables, with many more in front of me, I cannot wait to try this.

If you get bored, can you get around to writing a proper reference manual creator. :-D

\o/

Thegroo
October 27th, 2017, 00:51
Once again: Great work and thanks for sharing this

damned
October 27th, 2017, 01:55
Hi Celestian I think Ive built a better compatibility version that will work across all the CoreRPG rulesets. Ive sent it to you in a PM again - it makes one small change to the 5e look/feel but fixes all the issues in the other rulesets (I think!). I had to import a bunch of 5e definitions into the table_import.xml as there were a lot of 5e only references.

celestian
October 27th, 2017, 05:33
After painfully importing many 100+ line tables, with many more in front of me, I cannot wait to try this.

If you get bored, can you get around to writing a proper reference manual creator. :-D

\o/

I wrote the importer for me for just that reason a few months back. I was looking at about 150+ tables for random encounters and decided it was easier to write something to import it than to type it all in.

Believe me I've looked at doing just that to the ref manual because ... wow I hate doing it manually. I've poked around at the data and to see how things are managed and what is being done as part of the ruleset and what is "FG". At the very least being able to drag/drop stories in and manage chapter/subchapter name/order would be nice.

I've held off messing with it because I expect a lot of that to change in FGU. Messing about with the refmanual stuff is a big project and if they are going to already have it in FGU I can wait a bit longer. I only suggest it might exist because I've seen Carl's work on Tabletop connect. I've no real clue what is coming but I can't imagine they will leave it as is.

Myrdin Potter
October 27th, 2017, 05:43
That was tongue in cheek as it would be wildly loved but it seems to be a fair amount of work. Drag and drop story entries and images would be a big improvement.

My real dream is you reskinning your AD&D ruleset to be a new OSRIC version and then S&W Whitebox and Core and Complete as that allows other OSR rulesets to be built off a working platform and content to be made available. Right now AD&D is unlikely to be officially licensed by wizards so there is only so much that can be done.

Funny enough, there are two decent AD&D rulesets now ....

celestian
October 27th, 2017, 06:10
That was tongue in cheek as it would be wildly loved but it seems to be a fair amount of work. Drag and drop story entries and images would be a big improvement.

My real dream is you reskinning your AD&D ruleset to be a new OSRIC version and then S&W Whitebox and Core and Complete as that allows other OSR rulesets to be built off a working platform and content to be made available. Right now AD&D is unlikely to be officially licensed by wizards so there is only so much that can be done.

Funny enough, there are two decent AD&D rulesets now ....

I mentioned to Zhern(sp?) about using it for S&W (it would take some work) and I believe he was going to look at it.

I think very highly of OSRIC and S&W. I just don't play either except to buy and use their modules in my AD&D games. My drive has been because of the fact I really like AD&D. I hate that there is a blind eye about it from WoTC but I'm no business person. I mean from my perspective is free money for them because folks like me put in most of the work update/apply the game to FG and they would get money from it for just sitting back and watching.

That said I'd be happy working on either of them if there was a plan for real support. I could at least make sure the rulesets were compatible so they could all use the same content. However, I'm just a fan who does a little coding. They'd have to engage me about it because I don't frequent those circles.

I do go out of my way to nag DMsguild ever few months that they need to allow AD&D products, not just 5E ;)

celestian
October 27th, 2017, 07:24
Update 1.2

Really support CoreRPG style rulesets now. Apologies for missing this.

damned
October 27th, 2017, 14:02
Thank you celestian

I just imported 15 tables in nice quick time tonight :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21188

Wolfheart
October 27th, 2017, 15:31
Ooooh this looks really neat, will try it at first opportunity. I am sick of manually writing in every table entry. Thanks for the work.

(Semi-related to one of the above posts: Do we know if FGU will replace linkboxes with hypertext and whether it will allow images directly in for example story entries?

Wolfheart
October 27th, 2017, 19:07
Tried it on a few different PDFs, didn't work with any of them unfortunately. Either I got all the stuff I copied into the description slot, or stuff is crammed together in just a few table entries instead of spread evenly across the necessary number of entries. (CoreRPG)

celestian
October 27th, 2017, 19:19
Tried it on a few different PDFs, didn't work with any of them unfortunately. Either I got all the stuff I copied into the description slot, or stuff is crammed together in just a few table entries instead of spread evenly across the necessary number of entries. (CoreRPG)

Each line is a table entry.

So something like this is one long table entry
While
Each
One
Of
These
Is
a
Single
Entry

Keep in mind FG will wrap the text if you have really long lines, stretch the window out.

So this (I just randomly picked a block of text from a PDF):

https://i.imgur.com/ydAFIgo.png

is actually this:

https://i.imgur.com/ixO6MmB.png

Stuff like this (the block of text) will need to be fixed manually.

https://i.imgur.com/eUjce6s.png

What happens when you copy/paste that is that each of those lines will be their own individual lines and you actually want them on one entry, not 4 or 5 of them.

So it starts out like this:

https://i.imgur.com/FflyAbB.png

and I fixed it to look like this.

https://i.imgur.com/v7dBmP2.png

and the table imported looks like this.

https://i.imgur.com/JaDfyo8.png

Sorry, went a little nuts with images.

damned
October 27th, 2017, 21:47
I had zero glitches running it. Something that might be a possible enhancement in the future is a way to support multiple columns but in the meantime saved me a stack of time.

LordEntrails
October 27th, 2017, 23:32
I had zero glitches running it. Something that might be a possible enhancement in the future is a way to support multiple columns but in the meantime saved me a stack of time.
You Aussies are weird. How do you "stack" time?

Is that like a pile of clocks?

arkanis
October 27th, 2017, 23:47

Hi Celestian, thanks for your hard work.
I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong. When I try to import a table I get a console error and a blank table is created in FG

Thanks in advance

Zhern
October 27th, 2017, 23:53
I mentioned to Zhern(sp?) about using it for S&W (it would take some work) and I believe he was going to look at it.

I think very highly of OSRIC and S&W. I just don't play either except to buy and use their modules in my AD&D games. My drive has been because of the fact I really like AD&D. I hate that there is a blind eye about it from WoTC but I'm no business person. I mean from my perspective is free money for them because folks like me put in most of the work update/apply the game to FG and they would get money from it for just sitting back and watching.

That said I'd be happy working on either of them if there was a plan for real support. I could at least make sure the rulesets were compatible so they could all use the same content. However, I'm just a fan who does a little coding. They'd have to engage me about it because I don't frequent those circles.

I do go out of my way to nag DMsguild ever few months that they need to allow AD&D products, not just 5E ;)

Zhern approves! Zhern has also been swamped with way too much stuff to do lately and is woefully behind on returning any correspondence. In fact, Zhern is so far behind that it is only possible to talk in the third person. After GHC, Zhern thinks you, him, and Zach should have a quick Skype call to talk it through. Are you up for it? We can see what happens from there.

damned
October 28th, 2017, 00:07

Hi Celestian, thanks for your hard work.
I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong. When I try to import a table I get a console error and a blank table is created in FG

Thanks in advance

hi arkanis can you paste the text you used here and also what extensions you are using?

arkanis
October 28th, 2017, 00:23
Hi damned, there you go:

ENCOUNTERS EXPANDED
Merchants
Itinerant Craftspeople on the Road for Work
Servants of a Patron on a Mission
Fallen Scion
Having Suffered Attack
Hunters
Herbalist
Visitors
Meeting their Fate
Spies for the Enemy
Survivors
Naive Travellers
Scholars Seeking Knowledge
Wardens
Treasure Hunters
In Pursuit of a Quarry
Minor Nobles
Travelling to a New Home
Herders
Common Folk

Extensions21207

damned
October 28th, 2017, 00:25
table imports fine for me on Call of Cthulhu.
can you as a test disable the wizards 5e theme and retry?

arkanis
October 28th, 2017, 00:41
You nailed it!. I always thought that themes were more or less "neutral" from extensions standpoint. Curious.
It worked fine now.

damned
October 28th, 2017, 00:48
that particular theme is in the vault so it cant be inspected to easily see what needs changing to make it compatible...

celestian
October 28th, 2017, 00:55
You nailed it!. I always thought that themes were more or less "neutral" from extensions standpoint. Curious.
It worked fine now.

That is strange. The only thing I do that anything else would care about is modify "LibraryData.aRecords["table"]". Everything else is custom xml/lua. I can't imagine why a theme would modify "table" also...

Actually, I played with it locally and it's subwindow/related. I am not sure what they are doing differently in that theme (can't look at the code) but I added logic to make sure it's valid. All it was trying to do at that point was move focus of the cursor to the title text. If you use that theme it'll just load that window and not move the selector there with 1.3+.

That'll be 1.3 but not going to push it out for a few days at least.

Wolfheart
October 28th, 2017, 20:00
Each line is a table entry.
(..)

Thank you for the clarification!

Myrdin Potter
November 2nd, 2017, 00:29
I just used this to enter the mercurial magic table for DCC into my “rules campaign”and you saved me a ton of time and cut and pasting. Thanks!

For really long tables that have paragraphs in them, cutting and pasting from a pdf often causes issues. If I drop it into a word document, enter a ~ where I want each new line and then replace the paragraph markers with a space and then replace ~ with a paragraph market I get it right each time.

I can quickly do that with select and control-J in Fantasy Grounds but for really long tables search and replace in word works better for me.

Laerun
November 3rd, 2017, 12:19
Hello and well met! I have been using your very helpful tool to import shareable tables at Chartopia. They have formed an indirect partnership with Fantasy Grounds College to help cross promote one another. I have definitely been speaking with Rob2e as a fellow DM and ally in all these community driven projects... PLEASE keep this type of useful and creative tool up to date and visible!

Chartopia (https://www.d12dev.com/en/search/) charts and tables can be imported into:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...868#post362868

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...Table-Importer

Laerun
November 3rd, 2017, 12:28
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=933763863430988&id=846871682120207

Chartopia (https://www.d12dev.com/en/search/) charts and tables can be imported into:

celestian
November 3rd, 2017, 16:10
I can quickly do that with select and control-J in Fantasy Grounds but for really long tables search and replace in word works better for me.

I recently just learned about "control-J" and didn't even think to try it on multi-line stuff like this. Will have to try it out.

Myrdin Potter
November 4th, 2017, 04:32
In word I insert a ~ for each new line/paragrpah and then search for special character paragraph (^p) and replace it with a space and then search for ~ and replace with ^p. That is really quick for a column. I recently learned to hold alt when copying in a PDF to just get a column. I can do a hundred line table so fast now that you released this.

For pure text, cntrl-j is my friend.

I added a macro to a button on my mouse so tables in text boxes go fast. Remove line feeds via control-j and then the macro to choose table and then control-tab for each cell and maybe a control-= (supposed to be + but = works) to make a cell bigger. For really huge tables I have a macro.

skj310
November 6th, 2017, 03:37
Brilliant Celestian ... thanks a tonne!
FYI, I usually use a text editor like sublime_text for pasting from a PDF ... i can then use <ALT> + <SHIFT> + arrow up/down OR page up/down to have my cursor be in multiple row simultaneously. I do this to remove numbers and spaces that are on the front of many rows ... works great.

So PDF + sublime_text + this extension have made life SOOOOOO much better on setting up tables!

rob2e
December 3rd, 2017, 08:45
I could have sworn there was also an extension to import tables in story entries. No?

Anyone?

damned
December 3rd, 2017, 09:08
I could have sworn there was also an extension to import tables in story entries. No?

Anyone?

Within a couple of days of each other two separate tables extensions came out.
The other is by lokiare1

Laerun
December 3rd, 2017, 09:09
The other is by lokiare1

Where is Lokiare1's at?

rob2e
December 3rd, 2017, 10:06
The other is by lokiare1

Got it, thanks.

rob2e
December 3rd, 2017, 23:48
So..................... any update for multiple columns?

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2017, 01:13
Not until you fix the spelling error at the bottom of your first column.

:-)

Other than templates and having only one table instead of 3-4, I don't see the benefit to rollable multi-column tables. Can just make .1 and .2 and call one from another and it works fine.

James (lockiare1 or whatever the spelling of his user name) is the one that did the CSV story table input. I wish it did not use , as text with a , in it is super common.

rob2e
December 4th, 2017, 01:18
Ha ha DAMMIT! I already caught that when I tried to call the table and it DIDN'T WORK! #TestYourCrap

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2017, 04:58
Nice work!

Made importing my tables from Excel for my Dungeon Room Descriptions module a breeze. Really appreciate it and glad I had been procrastinating converting it from Excel to FG. Took me less than 2 hours to create the FG module from my existing spreadsheet. Would have taken me much longer than that if I would have had to have done it cell by cell.

Bidmaron
January 7th, 2018, 14:58
For the sake of anyone wanting to get to the other extension referenced herein, you can find it here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40821-CSV-Table-Paster-Community-Extension-Early-Access-release).

This is lokiare1's extension that lets you paste csv text into either a formatted text field (anywhere you can use one of those) or tables.

Bidmaron
January 7th, 2018, 14:59

Those links don't work.

celestian
February 20th, 2018, 05:18
Update 1.4: fixed bug when using with AD&D Core ruleset.

Myrdin Potter
March 15th, 2018, 22:51
Throws this error using the 5e ruleset

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_import.lua"]:20: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

celestian
March 16th, 2018, 00:07
Throws this error using the 5e ruleset

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_import.lua"]:20: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

Are you sure you're running the most recent rev? I just tested locally with the latest and it works. (Which btw is 1.4 tho the text load window shows 1.3 which I need to fix).

Myrdin Potter
March 16th, 2018, 00:08
I will double check and try again after I run my game tonight.

Myrdin Potter
March 16th, 2018, 05:35
I DLed the latest extension and it worked, so I can only assume that it was wombats or I had the wrong version. I personally, for pride's sake, am leaning towards wombats.

celestian
March 16th, 2018, 06:05
I DLed the latest extension and it worked, so I can only assume that it was wombats or I had the wrong version. I personally, for pride's sake, am leaning towards wombats.

Gremlins. Always the gremlins.

HalC
July 9th, 2018, 00:16
Just wanted to add a "thank you!" for this.

I've been using this with a product named:

Augmented Reality The Holistic City Kit For Cyberpunk Games

It is largely nothing BUT tables for use with a GM detailing his cyberpunk city games. Being able to use this to create tables is really HELPING tremendously.

By chance, how difficult would it be to adapt this script so that it can not only work with Tables, but maybe have a different script that permits a GM to enter in "Items" for use with mass data entry?

Regardless of whether or not something like this can be done for "Items", just being able to deal with tables is less of a chore and more of a joy!

Thank you.

Did I mention "Thank you?" *teasing grin*. Dang, but I can't put across the feeling sufficiently without adding a few extra Thank yous to this...

Thank you.

;)

Have a great day everyone.

LordEntrails
July 9th, 2018, 02:50
By chance, how difficult would it be to adapt this script so that it can not only work with Tables, but maybe have a different script that permits a GM to enter in "Items" for use with mass data entry?
See here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43855-Bulk-Import-of-Items&p=389996&viewfull=1#post389996

Dax Doomslayer
October 21st, 2018, 16:58
Hi celestian,
I'm trying to use this extension and am not seeing how to do this (I'm sure it has something to do with user error knowing me and is probably something simple - lol). I have downloaded the extension and copied it into my Extensions folder found in my FG Data folder. It is there I see it there using Windows Explorer (TableImport.ext). When I go to add that extension like usual to my campaign, I'm not seeing the option anywhere to do so. When I then go into the campaign and open up the Tables section and go to create a new table, the blue import button isn't a choice as it's just the normal add by table size and add item. This is actually driving me a little crazy and I'm sure I'm doing something dumb. Any advice you can give is appreciated. I'm using the 5E ruleset. Thanks!!

celestian
October 21st, 2018, 17:24
Hi celestian,
I'm trying to use this extension and am not seeing how to do this (I'm sure it has something to do with user error knowing me and is probably something simple - lol). I have downloaded the extension and copied it into my Extensions folder found in my FG Data folder. It is there I see it there using Windows Explorer (TableImport.ext). When I go to add that extension like usual to my campaign, I'm not seeing the option anywhere to do so. When I then go into the campaign and open up the Tables section and go to create a new table, the blue import button isn't a choice as it's just the normal add by table size and add item. This is actually driving me a little crazy and I'm sure I'm doing something dumb. Any advice you can give is appreciated. I'm using the 5E ruleset. Thanks!!

The extension will only work with CoreRPG based rulesets. If it's one of those then the name you need to find in the extensions list is "CoreRPG - Table Import".

Dax Doomslayer
October 21st, 2018, 18:23
Thanks celestian. I literally just found it and was coming to indicate that. I was looking for TableImport which is how it shows in Windows Explorer. My bad and I knew I was doing something stupid!! Loved this - it helps a ton!

celestian
November 27th, 2018, 04:21
Update 1.5

This version adds support (why I didn't do it before today I don't know) to use existing dice rolls in string. So, for example:

Staves With Dice
1-2 Mace
3 Command (Priest, Wizard)
4-5 Curing (Priest)
6 Magi (Wizard)
7 Power (Wizard)
8 Serpent (Priest)
9-10 Slinging (Priest)
11-12 Spear
13-14 Striking (Priest, Wizard)
15 Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
16 Thunder & Lightning
17-18 Withering
19 Woodlands (Druid)
20 DM’s Choice

.... or ....
Staves Generated Dice
Mace
Command (Priest, Wizard)
Curing (Priest)
Magi (Wizard)
Power (Wizard)
Serpent (Priest)
Slinging (Priest)
Spear
Striking (Priest, Wizard)
Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
Thunder & Lightning
Withering
Woodlands (Druid)
DM’s Choice

And they will import like this. It will use existing dice (assuming the format above matches) or it will generate it's own dice rolls based on line count.

https://i.imgur.com/UI0jGxJ.png

Myrdin Potter
November 27th, 2018, 04:28
I love you.

:-D

paladiusdarkhelm
November 27th, 2018, 13:52
Thank you very much! This will be super helpful going forward.

Myrdin Potter
November 27th, 2018, 13:58
Not sure if you could do this, but if you automatically stripped like feeds out when numbers are there, it would become the easiest ever table importer. Now it is simply awesome.

Three of Swords
November 27th, 2018, 14:43
Great change! I was thinking about importing a random encounter system I built in Excel years ago. But it had a lot of entries with different weights. This will help immensely.

Johnny Opie
December 16th, 2018, 01:43
Slick! Thanks! It took less time to setup and import 3 monster (as in big) tables than it would have taken to copy-paste 1d20.

rob2e
December 16th, 2018, 21:38
Multiple column support? If it already has it, I missed it somehow.

celestian
December 16th, 2018, 21:42
Multiple column support? If it already has it, I missed it somehow.

The problem is to deal with that you'd need a separator. Unfortunately you cannot use <tab>s for that. And since a LOT of these strings have commas and ; and : and various other characters those are out also. FG filters out <Tab> characters within the paste buffer so I can't even by-pass that either (or I would).

I would love to do it but there really isn't a clean way. I might could look for "double space" and split on that? I'll think about it.

iotech
December 16th, 2018, 22:02
Hi Celestian,

How about breaking columns on the pipe (|)? Rarely used in regular text strings, and since we usually have to prep the table in Excel or a text editor anyway... easy to replace/insert pipes (very easy when exporting from Excel).

Thanks for your work on this!
G

HalC
December 16th, 2018, 23:56
Hi Celestian,

How about breaking columns on the pipe (|)? Rarely used in regular text strings, and since we usually have to prep the table in Excel or a text editor anyway... easy to replace/insert pipes (very easy when exporting from Excel).

G

Since I don't know the logic your table exporter uses, might I suggest that perhaps a double || symbol might be better?

The logic being, that under ordinary circumstances, pipe symbols are not used in books or PDF documents - but if one Pipe symbol is rare, a double || should be almost impossible.

So...

Table Name
Range number(s) Item || Item 2 || Item 3

I don't know the maximum number of column can have and still function well, but this I do know...

Never create a random table of names that contain 10,000+ names in it. It slows Fantasy Grounds to a dead stop...

;)

celestian
December 17th, 2018, 08:12
Hi Celestian,

G

The only problem with that sorta thing is it kinda defeats the purpose of making it "easy" to use. If you have to go type in "||" everywhere you wanna make a column it's really just a markup.

Now, if you could select/copy the block from a PDF and can split based on the content of the PDF that would be infinitely more useful for folks I think. You used to could copy/paste a table from a PDF and it use a specific character you could split on... but I can't find the option anymore but... as I said previously I think most do have more than a single space between the columns so it might be doable. I've got a line of things to do but I'm definitely going to circle back to this when I get time.

Three of Swords
December 17th, 2018, 15:06
The only problem with that sorta thing is it kinda defeats the purpose of making it "easy" to use. If you have to go type in "||" everywhere you wanna make a column it's really just a markup.

I bet many users create a spreadsheet for their tables and copy from that. So the || wouldn't be hard to use. On large, multi-column tables, it would be great. There are a few tables I've wanted to create, but decided I'm not going to spend the time because they're multi-column and very large.

Of course you might confuse some programmers as || means OR in some languages if I remember correctly. ;P

Myrdin Potter
December 17th, 2018, 15:23
Right now the real utility of this is that I just need to clean out the extra LF characters you get from copying from a PDF. There is a comma-separated table input extension here on the forums as well, except that , is used all the time so I never was able to really use it.

The only pain was longer tables that did not increase by 1 and that feature has been added.

The way FG treats multi column tables, I have not seen much use in a rollable one.

iotech
December 18th, 2018, 01:28
I bet many users create a spreadsheet for their tables and copy from that. So the || wouldn't be hard to use. On large, multi-column tables, it would be great. There are a few tables I've wanted to create, but decided I'm not going to spend the time because they're multi-column and very large.

Of course you might confuse some programmers as || means OR in some languages if I remember correctly. ;P

&& you would be correct ;)

Three of Swords
December 18th, 2018, 03:32
&& you would be correct ;)

I'm glad I was !wrong.

Bidmaron
December 18th, 2018, 04:40
The way FG treats multi column tables, I have not seen much use in a rollable one.

How would you rather they work, Myrdin?

Myrdin Potter
December 18th, 2018, 04:45
Since entering a single column table is easy and you can easily call other tables from it, why co to the hassle of a multi column one?

The only use is multiple results from the same roll, but they need to all be the same row. Otherwise, what is the advantage over a single column table?

Bidmaron
December 18th, 2018, 04:47
if you can reference the column result of a row in a story template, it would be pretty useful in many cases.

Myrdin Potter
December 18th, 2018, 04:48
Or reference 2 single column tables in a template and get the same result and use Celestian’s excellent table importer?

celestian
December 18th, 2018, 06:37
Or reference 2 single column tables in a template and get the same result and use Celestian’s excellent table importer?

There is a use case for having the column tables.

You have random situations A, B and C. On B there is also the chance of D. D calls it's own table and runs through it's own randomness check.

There is no way to replicate that double column behavior with 2 tables.

Tables that come to mind where this would be useful is the AD&D treasure tables for treasure types. You have various chances to get various items (gold,silver,jewelry,magic/etc). With a single table you can generate all the rolls for each of them.

Kanbie
December 19th, 2018, 23:42
I'm just starting to draft my little helper for Magic item creation and I wouldn't mind linking tables together using your tool. Is it possible to automate table linking on this importer or would I need something more fancy?

For The table Ax example:
[Ax]
[A1] + Reference Table [Bx]
[A2] + Reference Table [Bx]
[A3] + Reference Table [Cx]
[A4]
[A5] + Reference Table [Ax]
etc.

This action is trivial in person (you just nest the table) but I'm not looking forward to the manual labor :)

Myrdin Potter
January 7th, 2019, 19:08
For the number parsing, doe 1 work but 1. not work? So if the table is labeled 1. 2. 3. , it will not strip the numbers?

celestian
January 7th, 2019, 19:57
For the number parsing, doe 1 work but 1. not work? So if the table is labeled 1. 2. 3. , it will not strip the numbers?

Correct, the regex (or what lua calls regex) is set to parse "%d+" or "%d+%-%d+" meaning a single "number(s)" or "number(s)-number(s)" everything else is considered the "table return" string.

I've updated the matching to "(%d+)%.?" it should work I just didn't have any tables like that in my experience. Attaching to this post, let me know if it breaks anything.

If it doesn't break anything I'll update the main post.

Oh, it will only test this for the single "numbers(s)" it will not look for period after "number(s)-number(s)" cause that seems to not make any sense ;)

Myrdin Potter
January 7th, 2019, 21:50
Worked perfectly in my use case. Did not test the original use case yet.

celestian
January 8th, 2019, 04:02
Correct, the regex (or what lua calls regex) is set to parse "%d+" or "%d+%-%d+" meaning a single "number(s)" or "number(s)-number(s)" everything else is considered the "table return" string.

I've updated the matching to "(%d+)%.?" it should work I just didn't have any tables like that in my experience. Attaching to this post, let me know if it breaks anything.

If it doesn't break anything I'll update the main post.

Oh, it will only test this for the single "numbers(s)" it will not look for period after "number(s)-number(s)" cause that seems to not make any sense ;)

Tested and works for all modes. Updated main post for download.

Myrdin Potter
January 9th, 2019, 07:12
That small change was a big help to me. Thanks!

wigwam
January 29th, 2019, 20:05
This works like a dream! Saved me soo much time. Thanks!

GunnarGreybeard
February 14th, 2019, 01:25
Can't believe I just noticed this extension. No more manually typing in d1000 tables. Thanks!

HalC
February 14th, 2019, 02:33
Can't believe I just noticed this extension. No more manually typing in d1000 tables. Thanks!

Just a word of warning/caution...

Do NOT create large tables. I found out the hard way, with a table for Old West names, whose numbers went overall, into about 10,000 names give or take (first and last names) - that FG freezes when you attempt to roll on a table that large.

;)

Three of Swords
February 14th, 2019, 16:50
Just a word of warning/caution...

Do NOT create large tables. I found out the hard way, with a table for Old West names, whose numbers went overall, into about 10,000 names give or take (first and last names) - that FG freezes when you attempt to roll on a table that large.

;)

I've never used a table with 10k entries, but a 2k entry table is fine. At least on my PC. It might be CPU and RAM related.

mattekure
February 14th, 2019, 17:14
If you have a very large table, you can reduce the time it takes to load and RAM used by splitting it up into multiple sub tables. For example, with 10,000 entries, make 100 subtables with 100 entries each. Then have one master table that rolls on one of the sub tables. It significantly reduces the RAM needed and improves the speed. I did this with my Net Libram of Random Magical Events mod in my sig.

HalC
February 14th, 2019, 23:08
I've never used a table with 10k entries, but a 2k entry table is fine. At least on my PC. It might be CPU and RAM related.

i5 cpu, 3.2 GHz with 8 GB ram, 64-bit Operating system

If you have a very large table, you can reduce the time it takes to load and RAM used by splitting it up into multiple sub tables. For example, with 10,000 entries, make 100 subtables with 100 entries each. Then have one master table that rolls on one of the sub tables. It significantly reduces the RAM needed and improves the speed. I did this with my Net Libram of Random Magical Events mod in my sig.'

Might be able to give that one a try. will experiment on it before too much longer. :) Thanks Matt

celestian
February 16th, 2019, 20:37
Minor update, just to reduce clicks and cleanup a little.

Update 1.7: trims off spaces in front of and on tail end of each line in import box at process time

celestian
February 19th, 2019, 03:58
Update 1.8:

Will now split each line on 2 spaces or more and add a column for each one.

That means pasting something like this:

Table: Staves
1-2 Mace 1,500
3 Command (Priest, Wizard) 5,000
4-5 Curing (Priest) 6,000
6 Magi (Wizard) 15,000
7 Power (Wizard) 12,000
8 Serpent (Priest) 7,000
9-10 Slinging (Priest) 2,000
11-12 Spear 1,000*
13-14 Striking (Priest, Wizard) 6,000
15 Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard) 100**
16 Thunder & Lightning 8,000
17-18 Withering 8,000
19 Woodlands (Druid) 8,000
20 DM's Choice —
* per +1 of power
** per charge

Will end up like this:

https://i.imgur.com/iqBqTnd.png

madman
February 19th, 2019, 04:19
You Fu***n Rock Sir....

paladiusdarkhelm
February 19th, 2019, 13:21
Question for clarity: Do the 6 - 7 entries above end up with the 15,000 and 12,000 next to their entries instead of ending up in the other column, becuase they are only 1, 2, or 3 spaces away from the ")" in the "paste" section?

celestian
February 19th, 2019, 15:08
Question for clarity: Do the 6 - 7 entries above end up with the 15,000 and 12,000 next to their entries instead of ending up in the other column, becuase they are only 1, 2, or 3 spaces away from the ")" in the "paste" section?

They do not get split because there was only 1 space. You will find PDFs are very inconsistent on spacing with tables. Had I added an extra space so there were 2+ spaces it would have worked for those 2 items like it did for the others.

Three of Swords
February 19th, 2019, 16:56
This is an awesome addition! Thanks for the update!

madman
March 1st, 2019, 20:23
My bad - I got it.

Lensman
March 7th, 2019, 04:42
Easy to use, Fast, Intuitive - just a breeze to use!

Thanks for a fantastic program to work with!
I feel myself re-energized after using it just 3 times.

taoistpunk
March 10th, 2019, 20:57
THANK YOU!!! Super add!
Just took a few hours off my prep today....

rob2e
March 12th, 2019, 02:24
It seems that when either number have a leading zero (not sure why an author would do this, nevertheless...) or spaces between the numbers, it fouls up. Both things occur in this pic. Anything can be done?

celestian
March 12th, 2019, 04:52
It seems that when either number have a leading zero (not sure why an author would do this, nevertheless...) or spaces between the numbers, it fouls up. Both things occur in this pic. Anything can be done?

Update 1.9:

The code was set to only recognize (%d+)-(%d+) I've tweaked it to (%d+)%s?-%s?(%d+). That deals with the spaces between dashes.

madmax13
May 12th, 2019, 13:29
Bit of a random question with regards to tables .. is there a way once you have imported them to make part of the each roll answer bold ?

I am creating a mod that rolls more than once on the same table , but the answers when generated in a template seem to display one after another ... i either want to be able to display each roll in the template on a different line or be able to bold a word to help show it from a different roll.

Hope that makes sense ?

Great extension .. has helped lots.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2019, 17:08
Bit of a random question with regards to tables .. is there a way once you have imported them to make part of the each roll answer bold ?

I am creating a mod that rolls more than once on the same table , but the answers when generated in a template seem to display one after another ... i either want to be able to display each roll in the template on a different line or be able to bold a word to help show it from a different roll.

Hope that makes sense ?

In short, not that I know of, but have you tried using a Story Template combined with the table(s)?

mattekure
May 12th, 2019, 22:27

Hope that makes sense ?

You can do a limited amount of formatting if you are outputing a table roll to a story entry. For example, you can use a limited set of HTML tags like these:

<b>Text in here will be bold</b>
<i>Text in here will be italic</i>
<u>text in here will be underlined</i>
<p>This will start a new paragraph</p>
example pic attached.

madmax13
May 12th, 2019, 22:48
You can do a limited amount of formatting if you are outputing a table roll to a story entry. For example, you can use a limited set of HTML tags like these:

<b>Text in here will be bold</b>
<i>Text in here will be italic</i>
<u>text in here will be underlined</i>
<p>This will start a new paragraph</p>
example pic attached.

That is a great help ... thanks so much ... just what i needed.

gmfox19
June 20th, 2019, 09:03
This is a life saver! I'm prepping to run Hot Springs Island and there are a TON of tables to build for it. Thank you so much for creating this!

deer_buster
September 14th, 2019, 05:46
I've updated it to work with FGU and FGC. I've sent a PM to contact me about it on Discord.

celestian
September 18th, 2019, 13:52
I've updated it to work with FGU and FGC. I've sent a PM to contact me about it on Discord.

Now that I'm back home I'll take a look at this once I get the chance.

michaelzep
November 4th, 2019, 19:45
This is a LIFESAVER!!!!! I just imported a wild magic wand with 10,000 possibilities. It froze for 30 sec and bam!!!! It worked!!

mattekure
November 4th, 2019, 23:17
This is a LIFESAVER!!!!! I just imported a wild magic wand with 10,000 possibilities. It froze for 30 sec and bam!!!! It worked!!

Fair warning, last time I made a 10,000 table, it quickly crashed FG. Every time you load that table, it will use up a huge amount of memory. In my case, it quickly grew beyond the FG limit of 3.5Gb and caused a crash.

What I found worked with little to no performance impact was to divide it up into 101 tables. 1 table is the master table, it has 100 rows. Each row actually links to roll on another table. The other 100 tables are the actual data. Each of the 100 tables has 100 rows for a total of 10,000 entries. By breaking it up like this, I still got the full randomness of the 10,000 entries, but when I went to roll, it just had to load 2 tables of 100 each, the master, and whatever subtable it rolled. that had a negligible impact on performance or RAM. Just something to keep in mind.

cheers

celestian
November 5th, 2019, 01:57
Fair warning, last time I made a 10,000 table, it quickly crashed FG. Every time you load that table, it will use up a huge amount of memory. In my case, it quickly grew beyond the FG limit of 3.5Gb and caused a crash.

What I found worked with little to no performance impact was to divide it up into 101 tables. 1 table is the master table, it has 100 rows. Each row actually links to roll on another table. The other 100 tables are the actual data. Each of the 100 tables has 100 rows for a total of 10,000 entries. By breaking it up like this, I still got the full randomness of the 10,000 entries, but when I went to roll, it just had to load 2 tables of 100 each, the master, and whatever subtable it rolled. that had a negligible impact on performance or RAM. Just something to keep in mind.

cheers

I wonder how FGU handles that now-a-days ;) I need to test this extension under FGU. I had a contribution for that from an alpha tester I need to review.

celestian
November 5th, 2019, 02:13
Update 2.0: Now runs under FGU as well.

paladiusdarkhelm
November 6th, 2019, 20:26

Now I want your random wand table, lol.

mattekure
November 6th, 2019, 22:16
Now I want your random wand table, lol.

Not his wand, but something similar. This was a conversion of the Net Libram of Random Magical effects. Warning, some results are truly campaign enders.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43209-Net-Libram-of-Random-Magical-Effects-2-00-Module-for-Any-ruleset

michaelzep
November 8th, 2019, 14:16
Didn't hurt my computer and I've pulled it out a couple times now and I no issue

Halfront
February 17th, 2020, 02:25
@Celestian
I know your probably tired of all the praises, but thank you for this gem. I have a bunch of PDF Critical tables I want for WFRP 2e and this just made it all easily possible:)

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 01:45
The latest version produces errors

[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Regular.ttf) for font (subwindowtitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Bold.ttf) for font (subwindowsmalltitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) () (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) (importtabletitle) (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:30 PM] [WARNING] textwidget: Logical font () does not exist

I did check - the calls to a graphics directory are there - the graphics directory doesn't seem to exist in the archive though.

celestian
March 8th, 2020, 06:03
The latest version produces errors

[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Regular.ttf) for font (subwindowtitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Bold.ttf) for font (subwindowsmalltitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) () (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) (importtabletitle) (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:30 PM] [WARNING] textwidget: Logical font () does not exist

I did check - the calls to a graphics directory are there - the graphics directory doesn't seem to exist in the archive though.

I don't think PFRPG is CoreRPG based? (Not sure so forgive me if I am wrong).

mattekure
March 8th, 2020, 14:04
Well, sort of. Its based on 3.5E which imports from CoreRPG.

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 15:41
It is - table importer works fine non-unity - I'm thinking I should report this in the unity area - I didn't realize at the time it was underlying functionality that was the cause :)

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 16:47
was told it's not a unity issue - so for what it's worth - this stops working for pfrpg in unity.

celestian
March 8th, 2020, 19:28
It is - table importer works fine non-unity - I'm thinking I should report this in the unity area - I didn't realize at the time it was underlying functionality that was the cause :)

I'll test the importer in unity under CoreRPG and see if I can replicate.

celestian
March 8th, 2020, 20:11
Update 2.1. Found an issue reported for CoreRPG rulesets (not 2E or 5E) and corrected.

Should run cleanly in FGU on any CoreRPG based ruleset now.

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 20:25
tested on my end - thank you!

On a minor side note - I recently picked up the 2e rules and all I can say is... what you did with that ruleset is like a dream wishlist of everything I wish every ruleset could do - that is to say - you are incredible and thank you.

celestian
March 26th, 2020, 15:37
Update 2.2.

This update is specifically for FGU, I am not sure how long it'll work with all the changes in FGU but I thought I'd release it for testing and it should continue to work in FGC.

corinos
March 26th, 2020, 19:22
You saved me a butt load of time getting tables into CoreRPG. Thank you so much! Any plans to try to get column headers imported as well?

Lensman
April 14th, 2020, 02:39
thank you for the update!

Wenin
April 23rd, 2020, 20:58
I just got back into FG and wanting to do tables and rushed to the site looking for a method to find this beautiful gem! Thank you!!

Houndy
May 1st, 2020, 13:48
Another amazing extension, just what I was looking for :)

MadNomadGM
May 9th, 2020, 17:53
Great work! I'm building some complex table systems and this will help a lot.

One suggestion for the future if you are still working on this at all. I would be really cool if entries in the tables could reference other files instead of just text.
For example, when creating a table directly in FG you can drag an npc or an item or any object into the row and when that roll is done it will paste the link to that nps, or object, etc in the chat, story, encounter, etc.

I imagine that each of those items, when dragged into the table, are essentially links. And Maybe if you knew the name and formatting of those links it would be possible to enter those in the .csv file and covert them to links on import?

Just an idea.

c4mouflage
May 26th, 2020, 11:05
I'm just here to leave a big THANK YOU! for your work. Saved me a lot of trouble and many days of work!

WinterSoldier7
June 23rd, 2020, 13:14
I have PDFs filled with tables of text that I suspected I would have to manually type over into FGU, does this extension work for that or is it Classic only?

Three of Swords
June 23rd, 2020, 13:26
I have PDFs filled with tables of text that I suspected I would have to manually type over into FGU, does this extension work for that or is it Classic only?

In the changelog, it says "update 2.2: FGU tentative support.". So it probably works. But no promises.

vaughnlannister
June 23rd, 2020, 13:35
Nice work Celestian :)!

TXCBoy36
July 2nd, 2020, 08:46
Is this version, page 1 of the tread, the most recent version of this extension?

madman
July 2nd, 2020, 18:04
Should be! Celestian is on his game.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
July 13th, 2020, 19:07

cheers

https://centralia.aquest.com/downloads/NLRMEv2.pdf
was this the D10000 table you added, i found that rows off 500 was still easily workable

mattekure
July 13th, 2020, 19:08
https://centralia.aquest.com/downloads/NLRMEv2.pdf
was this the D10000 table you added, i found that rows off 500 was still easily workable

Yes. thats the one I did. I played around with it and settled on 100, but if 500 works for you, great.

donpaulo
July 14th, 2020, 01:16
We are just about to embark upon a new campaign and this extension is going to be a lifesaver.

Thanks C

celestian
July 14th, 2020, 02:00
We are just about to embark upon a new campaign and this extension is going to be a lifesaver.

Thanks C

Glad to hear it ;)

This has been one of the most simplistic yet beneficial extensions I've written I think.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
July 14th, 2020, 15:14
will there be an update at any point in the future that will be able to produce tables with multiple columns, I can see this as being the next possible improvement to an already great time saving tool

celestian
July 14th, 2020, 15:47
will there be an update at any point in the future that will be able to produce tables with multiple columns, I can see this as being the next possible improvement to an already great time saving tool

It already supports multiple columns. double space for separation. If/when FGU supports "tab" for pasted text I'll use that.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
July 15th, 2020, 14:33
thanks i hadn't found the double space shortcut

donpaulo
July 19th, 2020, 10:37
I tried pasting in some odd numbered lists and couldn't for the life of me, figure out why it wouldn't roll a d28

Editing the list down to a standard die set got the results I wanted. ie d20, d6 etc

I'm assuming this is a feature :)

Is it possible to create tables with a d54 for example ?

celestian
July 19th, 2020, 19:25
I tried pasting in some odd numbered lists and couldn't for the life of me, figure out why it wouldn't roll a d28

Editing the list down to a standard die set got the results I wanted. ie d20, d6 etc

I'm assuming this is a feature :)

Is it possible to create tables with a d54 for example ?

Not sure what you mean, the importer doesn't really care about the values, it'll use whatever you have.

https://i.imgur.com/trb63Dl.gif

FG will roll whatever value you set there. If you try and use a die type that doesn't exist it'll generate a number w/o a die graphic.

Three of Swords
July 19th, 2020, 23:32
Are you looking for a 'physical dice' when you use your d28 table? You won't see a die roll across the screen if it's not a standard d4, d6, ... d20. But tables can be any number of entries. You'll see the result where you send it (chat, story, etc.).

donpaulo
July 20th, 2020, 02:47
Yes wow
thanks to you both Celestian and 3ofSwords

I was looking for the satisfying view of a digital die rolling across the table. I was aware that oddball numbers can be generated and didn't clarify it well enough. My apologies

askaval30
August 21st, 2020, 14:49
Late to the party here and I have nothing to contribute other than my most sincere thanks for this lifesaving creation!!!!

kowinator
October 1st, 2020, 15:11
Thank you @celecstian

Works amazingly well also for Savage Worlds

As I try to approach solo playing, I used it to import 400+ values in tables by following this approach (incl translation)

copied the tables from the pdf
imported into a spreadsheet (Excel, Google Sheets) to get rid of numbers, colons, spaces
pasted the spreadsheet cleaned rows to https://www.deepl.com/translator
Created a new import with giving it a "heading" as the first row (e. g. Action 1 for Event Check)
Clicked import
Assigned a d100 as dice

This really saved me a lot copy&paste efforts with a little bit of copy&paste effort :D

celestian
November 3rd, 2020, 23:05
FYI, CoreRPG 3.3.12 has now added a import feature. Unfortunately for my needs it will not function as I need it because the delimiters they allow are ,|;: which "could" be in the text of the table itself. Until they allow the tab character to be in a copy/paste it will probably not work as I'd like so for now I use double space as my delimiter.

But, if you've no need to be that specific on your tables, the built import in CoreRPG import should work for ya! Hopefully they'll give it a tab option down the road and I can stop updating this one.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2020, 23:13
Double space delimiter is included with the Simple text import setting.

JPG

celestian
November 4th, 2020, 02:46
Double space delimiter is included with the Simple text import setting.

JPG

Sweet! Then consider this extension retired ;)

BaneTBC
November 10th, 2020, 22:13
But this extension has been wonderful, @celestian. Thank you very much for it!

celestian
November 10th, 2020, 22:35
But this extension has been wonderful, @celestian. Thank you very much for it!

Thanks ;) I appreciate that. I am happy tho that now it's part of the core and I do not have to worry about maintaining it.

deer_buster
March 6th, 2021, 20:30
Question: Is it possible to import linked items so that the items are clickable to pop up the item? For instance, if you drag a potion to a table entry it makes a clickable item on the table, which is useful for generating shops with the shops extension.

celestian
March 6th, 2021, 23:09
Question: Is it possible to import linked items so that the items are clickable to pop up the item? For instance, if you drag a potion to a table entry it makes a clickable item on the table, which is useful for generating shops with the shops extension.

This extension is no longer supported. They added the functionality directly into FG.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
March 7th, 2021, 17:48
Thank you for the work put in to provide this functionality

amanwing
August 29th, 2023, 19:35
n.m.

macDsinfo
February 18th, 2024, 17:06
any ideas on how to export csv? would love to see if we can get the savage worlds statistics exported for offline viewing...

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2024, 17:27
any ideas on how to export csv? would love to see if we can get the savage worlds statistics exported for offline viewing...

You'd need to write some kind of script that extracted the information from the chatlog.html inside the campaign folder. I thought there was something like that around but I can't find a link to it.

damned
February 18th, 2024, 20:17
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1482293249/File#saveTextFile