PDA

View Full Version : Using a Fantasy Grounds Calendar to schedule sessions with playgroup.

Habanero
October 25th, 2017, 20:30
Whats the best way to use a Fantasy Grounds calendar to schedule gaming sessions with my playgroup? I have noticed that there is a calendar feature on the Fantasy Grounds website, and there is a calendar icon within the Fantasy Grounds app (which has weird settings and such). I would like something game related to establish dates and times for my playgroup, so they can access the schedule and know when we are playing next. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

LordEntrails
October 25th, 2017, 21:24
The forum calendar is for scheduling your play times. The in app calendar is for tracking things that go on in character (like what day of the week it is, when are the holidays, where was the party a month ago...).

GunnarGreybeard
October 26th, 2017, 00:31
I really just use it to set the play date/times and since it's configured with FG member's forum profile 'timezone setting' it automatically converts the posted session's date/time to the correct one for each of your players in the calendar.

JimSocks
October 26th, 2017, 01:27
I use an app called "Band" available for iOS, Android, and desktop. It rules for FG scheduling, chat between games, and the polling is great

Habanero
October 26th, 2017, 20:13
Ok, I have the calendar setup and the first session scheduled.

Are there any additional instructions regarding how people confirm that they will be there, or how to indicate that they will not?

It currently shows 4 other players as "Invited." One guy hit "Remove" and they are no longer on the list.

I hit "Vote Yes" for myself, and it now shows my name next to the date and time. Is that the way to indicate if you are going to show up or not?

Thanks for the help, I think I am just about there with this calendar feature.

Oh, my settings are "Running", "Not Accepting Players" and "Private." Is that correct if I am only inviting people in my playgroup to join?

damned
October 27th, 2017, 00:11
I thnk that is correct if you are inviting players as no one else will be able to see the calendar entry.

GunnarGreybeard
October 27th, 2017, 06:01
Oh, my settings are "Running", "Not Accepting Players" and "Private." Is that correct if I am only inviting people in my playgroup to join?
I could be wrong but I believe having either "Not Accepting Players" or "Private" selected will prevent anyone but those in an active status from seeing the campaign.

Habanero
October 27th, 2017, 15:42
I could be wrong but I believe having either "Not Accepting Players" or "Private" selected will prevent anyone but those in an active status from seeing the campaign.

How is the "active" status managed? It looks like everyone invited so far has the "invited" status, but one player has the "active" status. They have clicked "no" on the attendance vote, and posted a message. 3 other players have indicated "Yes" and still have the inactive status. Do I need to worry about or otherwise manage that status?

JohnD
October 27th, 2017, 16:39
They have to click on Accept to the far right of their entry in the player roster.

Until they do, they don't see the chat or the GM Announcements sections, but they can vote yes/no.