PDA

View Full Version : anything from WW2 here ?

GCardoso
October 24th, 2017, 21:26
I saw there is a GURP WW2 game system but dont know if anyone runs it.
I would like to try it if someone has it.

ronnke
October 24th, 2017, 22:37
The group I regularly play with has run a couple of WW2 adventures. Which were a blast. Unfortunately, we don't have anything in that genre going at the moment. :(

If there is enough interest, then I could be convinced to run a one-shot WW2 adventure.

Hector Trelane
October 25th, 2017, 16:09
Sure count me in as interested! I bet I could flag down other players too.

GCardoso
October 25th, 2017, 19:28
The group I regularly play with has run a couple of WW2 adventures. Which were a blast. Unfortunately, we don't have anything in that genre going at the moment. :(

If there is enough interest, then I could be convinced to run a one-shot WW2 adventure.

I would love !! but i would need help since i never played it before

Hector Trelane
October 25th, 2017, 20:31
Advice here for WW2 players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAWaYu-YCo

ronnke
October 26th, 2017, 00:34
I would love !! but i would need help since i never played it before

That's not a problem at all. GURPS is very easy to learn, it's just character creation can be a little involved. For a one shot I would probably have a bunch of pre-gens on hand anyway.

GCardoso
October 26th, 2017, 19:00
That's not a problem at all. GURPS is very easy to learn, it's just character creation can be a little involved. For a one shot I would probably have a bunch of pre-gens on hand anyway.

alright then :) inform me when ur going to do it . i would gladly appear for it !

GunnarGreybeard
October 30th, 2017, 05:45
I've thought about running a post WWI game (Russian Civil War) but I need to relearn GURPS (haven't cracked a book on it in years) and then play with the ruleset some to see what I need to have set up before running it. Probably would not be until after the new year at the earliest.

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 03:25
While this thread stopped in 2017, I figure I'll make a comment here for anyone who reads this later on...

When playing GURPS with FG, I would simply say "don't worry about whether or not you know the rules system". Why? Because the GM running the game on his PC, will know the rules, and more often than not, he'll tell you what modifiers to apply to the die roll for a skill and why. Clicking on the die image in front of a skill is really a simple thing, and because the program tells you whether you succeeded or failed - and by how much, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot you need to know other than "how to role play with ANY game system".

;)