PDA

View Full Version : D&D5e - NPC creature monster tracking stuff used

skj310
October 24th, 2017, 02:05
Hello all,

I tried searching with about 30min of forum-fu and didn't find an answer and so here i am asking the question.
How might a person go about tracking consumable things a NPC might use? e.g. thrown spears, fired arrows, used spell slots? I heard someone tell me once about setting up "charges" and am thinking they were referring to the CT, but they were only chatting from here-say, not from knowing. So now I'm asking, what can i do within a NPC sheet or within the CT, to track usages?

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2017, 09:14
There isn't a way to track NPC consumables. Just assume that the NPC has enough of everything to last the combat.

Thegroo
October 24th, 2017, 18:08
You could add them as effects on the CT but it would be cumbersome.
Say the goblin has 3 Spears. You add 3 effects named Spear. When he throws a spear, you delete 1 effect.

With the Advanced-effects extension you could even set up the NPC to add it autom.

skj310
October 27th, 2017, 01:46
You could add them as effects on the CT but it would be cumbersome.
Say the goblin has 3 Spears. You add 3 effects named Spear. When he throws a spear, you delete 1 effect.

With the Advanced-effects extension you could even set up the NPC to add it autom.
Very interesting ... but ouch that'd be alotta work! Still it's an idea.
As per assuming the NPC/creature has enough of ammo required for the battle ... I dunno. I see your point for simplicity, but suspension of belief wise and long battles with lots of seeking cover ... anyway thanks for the feedback!