PDA

View Full Version : How do I hide the red pins?

chillybilly
October 23rd, 2017, 21:35
I'm sorry to ask this elementary question but I just bought Curse of Strahd (it is a fantastic product) and I can't figure out how to hide the red pins (they are the red pins you can click on to bring up pages from the Story section) on the DM and PC maps. I was almost 100% sure there was a way to do it. Anyone know how?

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2017, 21:37
See "Toggle Pin Layer" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Pins

chillybilly
October 23rd, 2017, 21:50
Thanks, you're the best. It was right in front of me! While I have your attention. Last question, I promise.

I notice that in some treasure parcels, when I click for an image I get a message in the chat window that says, "Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules."
For example, a Cloak of Protection is in a treasure parcel, when I cick on it, the item window appears and inside that is a link for what's obviously supposed to be an image. I assume that it's trying to draw the image from my Dungeons Masters Guide module. In my library, the DMG, DMG Maps books are open with the red X while the DMG Players book is open with the green check. I think that's how they're supposed to be set. However, the link isn't opening teh miage.
This is small potatoes, I can always just open the picture from my DMG Images folder but I figure I may as well ask in case this is a common problem with an easy fix.

Zacchaeus
October 23rd, 2017, 22:16
That is not working correctly - all of the images should be included in the module and they clearly are not. I think this might be the legacy of certain changes made a while back to FG itself and COS has not been updated to reflect this. I will add this to my list of things to fix.

chillybilly
October 23rd, 2017, 22:20
Thank you for posting and for the record, I couldn't be happier with the product!

Andraax
October 23rd, 2017, 22:44
You do realize that only the GM can see the red pins, right?

chillybilly
October 23rd, 2017, 23:25
Yes, Andraxx but thanks! I was worried about tokens and the pins together being a problem on the player maps though. Trenloe's post showed me how to disable the pins and it's a simple matter of holding down control if I want them to pop up briefly.

Andraax
October 23rd, 2017, 23:36
I just drag them out of the way if they're in the way...

Nickademus
October 24th, 2017, 02:04
Yeah, it's best to put the pins on walls or the edge of areas that they go to. Unfortunately, all the DLC has them placed in the play area...

Andraax
October 24th, 2017, 02:49
Yeah, that's why I drag them out of the way...

midas
October 24th, 2017, 19:11
https://i.imgur.com/M5oQLkC.jpg

:)