PDA

View Full Version : LFG D&D 5E, Late Night

October 23rd, 2017, 06:59
I'm looking for a group to play with, though my hours are a bit odd. I work 2nd shift so I'm not available until after 11pm EST (UTC-4?). I'd look for a weekend group, but I also work every 3rd weekend. So my availability time doesn't really change, unless I want to miss a game every 3 weeks. I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds, I've been taking a couple classes through Fantasy Grounds College, but there's still plenty I'll have to learn. That being said, I've been an avid gamer for years, playing with multiple tabletop groups; D&D, WtA, VtM, etc. So if you're looking for someone to play with, and don't mind teaching me a few things in the process I would love to get to know you all.

Game on!

11pm EST - 4am EST (UTC-4, UTC-5 come November and dst)
9pm MST - 1am MST
8pm PST - 12am PST
3am UTC - 8am UTC
5am UTC+2 - 10am UTC+2
12pm JST - 5pm JST
1pm AEST - 6pm AEST
4pm NZT - 10pm NZT

I think I have all those time conversions correct, atleast until DST

damned
October 23rd, 2017, 07:40
hey [email protected] work out your availability in EST, MST, PST, UTC, UTC+2, JST, AEST, NZT and keep your eye on new games being posted. You might find games in your unusual timeslot are right in a common time slot in another country.

Viper007
October 23rd, 2017, 09:39
Hey [email protected], seems we are both in the same boat, my son and I are looking for a group in the same time zone. He works second as well and I work 12's on the weekend, so it's hard to get a group to play with around those times. If you get something going, let me know. With my son and I and you that's almost a group, just need one or two more and a DM.

Welcome to FG!

October 24th, 2017, 04:00
Updated with available times across timezones, atleast until DST

October 26th, 2017, 08:11
Still looking, had a few offers, but nothing has panned out just yet. =/

October 29th, 2017, 00:39
had another group invite, but yeah times were totally not going to work out. So I'm still looking! =D

Again my times are

11pm EST - 4am EST (UTC-4, UTC-5 come November and dst)
9pm MST - 1am MST
8pm PST - 12am PST
3am UTC - 8am UTC
5am UTC+2 - 10am UTC+2
12pm JST - 5pm JST
1pm AEST - 6pm AEST
4pm NZT - 9pm NZT

I think I have all those time conversions correct, atleast until DST

Viper007
October 30th, 2017, 01:58
Same here (just gonna call you JJ if that is ok). Beginning to seem like no one has a group on second shift EST (11:30 pm onward), keep plugging though. I may have to dust off my DM hat and start one, though I was really looking forward to playing! Just don't have the time to really do a good job anymore, anyway don't give up, if I hear of anything will let you know!!

November 3rd, 2017, 04:58
Still keeping my eyes out for any groups, been invited to a couple, but the times are... a bit off so to speak.

November 7th, 2017, 05:05
Daylights saving time hit, so... I'm UTC-5 now.

Still looking for a group that runs between 11pm - 3am EST... or EDT? cause yeah.. its daylight saving time now... EDT...

11:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) (Portage, Michigan, USA). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
10:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
9:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST). Offset UTC -7:00 hours
8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
5:00 PM New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT). Offset UTC +13:00 hours
3:00 PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Offset UTC +11:00 hours
1:00 PM Japan Standard Time (JST). Offset UTC +9:00 hours
4:00 AM Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). Offset UTC 0:00 hours

Shadowtwo
November 7th, 2017, 14:45
Have you had any luck finding a group yet? I feel in the same boat as you. I am a father of two boys, which i take them both to school in the morning and I work 2nd shift as well. feel free to contact me via PM here or at my email [email protected]

I should add that i am very new to D&D. it has always sparked my interest so I would require some help but will be very appreciative and committed to the group

silverchrist
November 7th, 2017, 16:59
I'm in South Korea and this has been a real struggle for me as well. These times would be perfect for me on a Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday night.

Viper007
November 8th, 2017, 00:27
Well, with me that's four, all we need now is a DM who is willing. Keep plugging away, we may get a game going yet! Just to keep things lively, what kind of character would you like to play if we do get a game going?

Me, I am partial to wizards, especially in games where the focus changes and is not always combat related. Otherwise, its an undead dwarven vampiric monk! Just kidding, a DM I played with once (only once) actually pitted us against some, talk about out there!!

Take care!

Shadowtwo
November 8th, 2017, 02:15
Dang! Lol the wizard/sorcerer class has always intriged me too. But i wouldnt mind filling any other the other roles. A tanky fighter, or a healer i guess.

Like i said in a previous comment, i have always had a knack for RPGS, and d&d always was an interest, but didnt know how to get into it locally, then i stumbled accross a stream on TWITCH, and found out about FG. Lol now it’s exciting to be closer to getting involved. As long as yall wouldnt mind a noobie just learning the ropes and the learning curve that goes along

silverchrist
November 8th, 2017, 02:30
I've played literally anything and everything but Xanathar's Guide to Everything. I want to try to make a character who has 3 classes though as that would be very interesting, maybe a rogue, ranger, and fighter all in one. Probably using scout and samurai from XGE and UA ranger hunter.

damned
November 8th, 2017, 03:48
Hi guys,

With four of you why dont you consider doing something like this:

Each of you take turns to run something that lasts between 2 and 8 sesions. You each get to mostly play. You each get to do a little GMing and learn from the other side of the table. There are plenty of short to medium length adventures from about $7 in the store to make it easy on a rookie GM. You might recruit one or two more over time - lay down the golden rule - you can play - but you also have to take turns in the GM seat. Over time you might either find you all enjoy this or one of you will discover his/her inner Machiavellian and take on the role for a longer session.

I know its not what you all want - but its something you can all have now.

Shadowtwo
November 8th, 2017, 05:30
I am not opposed to that either. I to be truthful had thought of that as well. A “rotating Dm” sort of speak. Thanks for the suggestion @damned. Haha good to know i wasn’t completely crazy to think that it could work

My worry is that with my inexperience i will have a very underwhelming session for the other players. But i would certainly like to give it a go and see what hapens.

Yall in? I belive i have sent each of you PM/friend requests, where we can work something out

damned
November 8th, 2017, 06:47
Dont worry about that. Every DM has his/her fair share of average or worse sessions. You only get better at this by doing it. If you are not feeling confident just aim for a 2 session game - enough for everyone to get their teeth into and have a good time. Then you will get a bunch of time as a player and you will pay more attention to what you do and dont like about each DMs style and use that to improve your own game - just as they are doing the same.

silverchrist
November 8th, 2017, 13:26
Personally, I've been perma-DM for too long and I'd like to play in a long-term campaign. Now you know why I don't consider this an option.

Viper007
November 10th, 2017, 02:55
I am in the same situation as silverchrist, I have not DM'ed everything that WotC has put out, although I have most of it. Getting older has lowered my patience and the majority of players I have had were more interested in combat than role-play and therefore always seemed to bitch when they were caught with their pants down. No forethought, no balance of party, plenty of min-maxing, etc., etc.

That being said, I would DM a game or even a campaign, but it would have to be completely on my terms and the group I play with should be able to contend with the mistakes made (theirs and mine!!). Another thing is that with silverchrist having most of the adventures, it would be a mute point to play one of those without a lot of prep and change. I have an adventure that is 75% complete that I intend to sell on DMGuild, but do not want to have to hurry to complete it. Buying more adventures is out as well, as I don't need more adventures, what I need is a good group of players that haven't played the ones I have.

So, I don't see how it would help for me to DM. How about the owner of this thread, JJ you out there?