PDA

View Full Version : SRD or Not SRD? Forgotten Realms?

tjp123
February 27th, 2006, 13:45
That is the question.

Hi folks, another n00bie here. I just purchased and download the latest full version of FG, and I'm very excited about the possibilities. I plan to eventually run a 3.5 D&D campaign. Do I need to buy the SRD ruleset, or does the FG d20 base ruleset cover everything I need already? What exactly do you get when you buy the SRD ruleset?

I'm also planning to customize my ruleset for a Forgotten Realms campaign. Has anyone attempted this?

richvalle
February 27th, 2006, 14:17
You don't NEED to buy it. The infomation that comes with FG has a lot of the SRD information already in it.

The d20SRD has ALL the srd information in it and repackages it so that it is nicer/easier to use.

And its only $5. I have it and have not regretted the purchase.

rv

freckle_smoker
February 27th, 2006, 16:14
I have it as well and I also do not regret the purchase , really helpfull stuff in it .

tjp123
February 27th, 2006, 16:24
Well, anything that makes FG easier to use can't be all bad. And for $5, I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks!

deckyon
March 10th, 2006, 19:27
I just got the SRD today after reading about it here. I have to say, one helluva job! I have spent some time (2 hours now) looking over it in FG and I am starting to think that I have ruleset that will allow me to leave my books on the shelves.

I do have just one question. When my players connect, are they going to automatically download the ruleset, or does only the DM keep the custom rulesets? Most of my players use the DM version of FG.

Stuart
March 10th, 2006, 19:55
They download yor ruleset as defined by your campaign.

Thore_Ironrock
March 11th, 2006, 01:18
I just got the SRD today after reading about it here. I have to say, one helluva job! I have spent some time (2 hours now) looking over it in FG and I am starting to think that I have ruleset that will allow me to leave my books on the shelves.

I do have just one question. When my players connect, are they going to automatically download the ruleset, or does only the DM keep the custom rulesets? Most of my players use the DM version of FG.

Thanks deckyon!

What I've found is the easiest is if you setup some time before your first game with each of your players so they can connect to your session and download what they need. Even if they buy the ruleset as well, there is still a "verification" process the software performs to make sure the rulesets are in sync.

Glad you like the product. :)

danielpryor
March 12th, 2006, 03:51
Yes, buy the $5 SRD, you won't regret it!

Stuart
March 12th, 2006, 08:24
Nah ... buy the AE Ruleset ... much better ;)