PDA

View Full Version : Help with custom calendar.

Mojachi
October 22nd, 2017, 18:30
Hi, I could use some help with making a custom calendar. I'm sure there's something incredibly simple that I'm missing but I can't find it anywhere. I can't figure out how to make it so the months begin where the last month left off. The first month ends on Thursday and instead of the second month starting on Friday it starts back up at Monday. The Gregorian calendar does this by default and I tried just editing that, but it has the leap year that is throwing it off as well. Could really appreciate some help with this.

Andraax
October 22nd, 2017, 20:00
You need a set of custom functions for your calendar, written in LUA. Send me the details of your calendar and an example date ("November 1st, 2017 is a Wednesday", for example) and I can create those for you.

Andraax
October 22nd, 2017, 20:41
Using a modified Elder Scrolls calendar so it'll likely look pretty familiar

Days of the week are Sundas, Morndas, Tirdas, Middas, Turdas, Fredas, Loredas

Months are Moonfall, Morning Star, Sun's Dawn, First Seed, Rain's Hand, Second Seed, Midyear, Sun's Height, Moonrise, Last Seed, Hearthfire, Frostfall, Sun's Dusk, Evening Star

Each month is 26 days, no leap years. 1 Moonfall should be a Sundas, 5 Rain's Hand should be a Middas, 11 Heathfire should be Turdas. Thank you for your help.

Posting this back here from the PM you sent, in case someone else needs it.

Extension with required function attached. You need to load the extension when you're starting your host session. Also, include the line "<lunardaycalc type="string">tamriel</lunardaycalc>" right before your "lunarweek" definition.

Note for others - this is not "standard" Tamriel calendar, it's modified as noted above. If someone needs an actual Tamriel calendar function, let me know.

Mojachi
October 22nd, 2017, 21:07
Posting this back here from the PM you sent, in case someone else needs it.

Extension with required function attached. You need to load the extension when you're starting your host session. Also, include the line "<lunardaycalc type="string">tamriel</lunardaycalc>" right before your "lunarweek" definition.

Note for others - this is not "standard" Tamriel calendar, it's modified as noted above. If someone needs an actual Tamriel calendar function, let me know.

Thank you so much! I started panicking cause it didn't work right away but I forgot to close a bracket, and now it's working perfectly. Thanks again!