PDA

View Full Version : Something I'd like to see...

hedgewizard
February 26th, 2006, 23:35
How about a temp ruler. It would work exactly like a pointer does now while the grid is turned on; except it wouldn't require the grid to be on (you would set a pre-defined range), and more importantly, once you let go of the item, it would snap back and not appear on the map.

For example, if currently have the grid on (to say, 50, which is a standard 5' square), and you make a pointer/arrow start at the center of 1 square and go the center of an adjacent square, a numerical value pops up of 1.0. If you extend it to a second square, it reads 2.0 and so on. Note: it doesn't return these values without the grid one (for understandable reasons).

I would love to have this "measuring" feature for missile weapons without 1. having the grid on, and 2. without the pointer remaining on the map (and then having to delete it). Maybe there could be a definition somewhere that determines that the value 1.0 means (50? 60? etc.)

Anybody else find a use for this?

(PS. the reason I don't like the grid is that I like my maps to look more organic and not require a strict hex/square movement). I will live with the grid if necessary though.

Snikle
February 27th, 2006, 04:51
That would be a great idea. I think someone may have suggested it before, but never hurts to hit the devs up some more and remind them.

Still waiting for my 'save the token postion when map closes" request.