PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Add User Created Maps to User Created Groups

BioPhreak
October 20th, 2017, 03:12
As the title says... I can add images to the default 'folder' location no problem. I can search and find the images when opening the 'Maps' button.

What I cannot do is create maps in a new group from the maps I created in the 'Maps' home group. I can create a blank map, but i cannot create a map from an image I made and placed in the default 'folder' location.

Maps I created in the default 'folder' location open just fine but I want them organized (not asking much here). If I drag them I get this error...

"[NOTICE] Image records can not be copied. Add new Images in the campaign list by using the folder button, or dropping a file on the list."

When I drop an image file from 'Folders' into the Group I made I get the following error..

"Runtime Error: File or directory with the target name already exists: C:/Users/***/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/***/images/TestMap01.jpg"

Wiki does not seem to address this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images

So what am I doing wrong? This seems like something that should not be this difficult but yet is for some reason...

Windows 10, Ultimate FG.

madman
October 20th, 2017, 03:42
@Biophreak Welcome to the forum's!

You can create another group by going to the dropdown, using the plus sign. Then you can move an image(with the drop down menu expanded) drop the image into that group. you can not drag them to another window(this is the only time I have had this error pop up.) other than a story entry.
I Just created a image and moved it to the new group.

Sample.jpg (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21088&stc=1&d=1508467106)

Madman..

BioPhreak
October 20th, 2017, 03:46
Not following...

I already have a custom group made (that wasn't issue).

In this new group I cannot get my created maps from the default 'Folder' location to appear.

All I can seem to do is create a <<New Drawing>> which is blank and not what I need done.

How do I get a image file that FG sees in the default 'Maps Folder' location to appear in the group I made?

madman
October 20th, 2017, 03:54
Drag and drop the image link into that group.

Madman..

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2017, 03:58
In the campaign Images list, open the groups list at the top, then drag the link icon for the image record into the group you want to change it to.

If still some confusion, can you walk us through the exact steps you are trying? (Ie. open campaign Images list, click on X, etc)

Regards,
JPG

BioPhreak
October 20th, 2017, 04:05
Ok, so we have to drag the FG detected file from the bottom window (file list?) and 'drag & drop' it to the groups window above it to the desired 'group'.

That seems to be working with three test groups now.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

madman
October 20th, 2017, 04:06
Happy Gaming!

Madman..