PDA

View Full Version : control.fgf file - what is it and how do I edit it? does it deal with modifier stack?

trembot_89
October 19th, 2017, 22:30
I'm using the BRP ruleset and wanting to add more skill modifiers (currently there are only 2, easy and difficult) but I'm running into a block in the control.fgf file because 1) I can't open .fgf and 2) I don't even know what .fgf is.

I'm pretty sure that's where my hold-up is, but if you think I overlooked something obvious don't be afraid to point it out.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2017, 22:34
It's a bitmap font file. It won't have anything to do with skill modifiers or the modifier stack - just the font used to display text.

trembot_89
October 19th, 2017, 22:54
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know where else I might have to go other than modifierstack.lua to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Andraax
October 19th, 2017, 23:40
It's probably in the XML somewhere.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2017, 23:49
Start in desktop_classes.xml - <windowclass name="modifierstack"> has the three difficulty controls: <genericcontrol name="skillEasy"> , <genericcontrol name="skillNormal"> and <genericcontrol name="skillDifficult">

Trace it through from there - see how those three controls set the difficulty in the modiferstack and see what you can do to expand difficulties.

trembot_89
October 20th, 2017, 03:13
Yep that's it, thank you Trenloe!