PDA

View Full Version : About hidden dice roll

Kurazo
October 18th, 2017, 21:34
I want my player making a perception roll but I don't want him to know the result ( tower dice). But I want the roll to be with disaventage because reasons.
I it possible without telling him to make it with Dis ?

Thanks a lot

Kurazo

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2017, 21:39
Hmm, you might be able to place an effect on the character in the CT that would do this. Never tried. You could also make the roll yourself from the party sheet and apply DIS using the button. Myself, I just make the roll myself in this type of situation.

Someone else will be along to give you some better ideas :)

Kurazo
October 18th, 2017, 21:53
Yes I know that solution but I want my player to be active will we play. Just looking for sort of solution that I didn't think about it. Can we make effext invisible to the payer ?

urkas
October 18th, 2017, 21:56
Well they dont know if its Advantage or Dis -- Why not just tell them to roll twice ?

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2017, 22:27
Yes, you can make effects invisible to the player. Create the effect that you want (in this case DISSAV: <ability>) in the modifiers dialog. Click the eye icon beside the effect in the dialog and then place it on the PC on the CT. The effect will then be applied without the character knowing.

You can also click the small button GM only on the CT beside the effect to toggle an effect to be visible or invisible to the player.

JohnD
October 18th, 2017, 22:37
Effects being invisible helps nothing when they will see 2 shadow dice on the roll.

Andraax
October 19th, 2017, 01:51
Effects being invisible helps nothing when they will see 2 shadow dice on the roll.

But they won't know if it's advantage or disadvantage...

Kurazo
October 19th, 2017, 02:49
But they won't know if it's advantage or disadvantage...
It's better than nothing!

Yes, you can make effects invisible to the player. Create the effect that you want (in this case DISSAV: <ability>) in the modifiers dialog. Click the eye icon beside the effect in the dialog and then place it on the PC on the CT. The effect will then be applied without the character knowing.

You can also click the small button GM only on the CT beside the effect to toggle an effect to be visible or invisible to the player.

Thanks I will try that

Kurazo
October 19th, 2017, 03:03
Well they dont know if its Advantage or Dis -- Why not just tell them to roll twice ?

People are curious and with the VTT I don't want my player to do nothing I want them to ''feel the dices''

So if I just said: Roll a perception check it's not the same effect of : Rolle a perception check with Dis. They will said but why and blah blah blah

So I try to let's give thew feeling that everything is allright

Nickademus
October 19th, 2017, 03:39
Have them roll normally. Look at their bonus, and roll a generic d20 on your desktop (not in chat). Add the same bonus and use it if the roll was less.

Kurazo
October 21st, 2017, 17:07
Well I try the effect ands the player see the [SKILL] Perception [PROF][EFFECTS][DIS][2D20+2]

Nickademus have a good idea. I wwill do this

Tx guys