PDA

View Full Version : CoC7E - Investigator's Handbook

Sjelsyk
October 18th, 2017, 07:56
First of all I want to say thanks for bringing the Investigator's Handbook to FG! Me (and my groups) have been waiting for this, and I think it's a great expansion to the CoC line on FG (mainly cause it makes it easier for people to look up certain things themselves without interrupting the flow of the roleplaying.

One thing I notice, however, is that the Tables included in this FG module seems to be a copy/paste from the Keepers book, as it contains a lot more tables than in the book (as far as I could find in the book at least). The Investigator's Handbook FG module seems to contain "Random Hazards", "Optional Hit locations" "Sample Phobias", "Bouts of Madness", "Sample Manias" and the duration rolls for the two Bouts of Madness. (In general, all of the "Combat", "Sanity" and "Chase" tabs are not needed for IH). Just thought I should point that out, as it's probably just been overlooked. :)

Other than that, at first look, it seems pretty solid. :)

damned
October 18th, 2017, 08:57
Hey Sjelsyk is this the rollable tables?

Sjelsyk
October 18th, 2017, 09:01
Yes, the rollable tables. Added a picture to show it.

dstuffle
February 9th, 2018, 02:25
I think I found a bug in the Occupations section. The link to the Archaeologist [Lovecraftian] goes to Antique Dealer instead.

damned
February 9th, 2018, 03:48
Thanks dstuffle will investigate and get it fixed.

alessandro
March 6th, 2018, 08:13
I'm thinking about buying the Investigator's Handbook, and I have a couple of questions:

1) Are the pregen character's in the Handbook "ready to play" Fantasy Grounds Characters? I mean, can I just import them from the FG Characters window as pregenerated characters? Or are they presented in text format and we have to create them copying the values into a new, empty, character?
2) Are the "items" in the Handbook draggable items, or are they presented only as a reference in text format?

damned
March 6th, 2018, 08:41
Hi alessandro the English version of the Investigators Handbook doesnt have any PreGens in it and neither does the module.
We made the same choice for equipment with this conversion - the vast majority of equipment items in the reference are not items you would ever add to your character sheet...
However MenzelG has made a module here that you can download: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40896-Adding-Items-to-Investigators

alessandro
March 6th, 2018, 09:03
Hi damned,
I remember that in the Investigator Handbook there's a whole chapter devoted to Investigator Organizations with a lot of ready to play characters. I mean those ones.

Another question: If I buy this as a GM, would my players be able to read it (while we're both connected to the campaign)?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm deciding if it's worth to me to buy this one in addition to the digital pdf and the paper book. (Apart from the premade occupations, I mean).

damned
March 6th, 2018, 09:15
Hi damned,
I remember that in the Investigator Handbook there's a whole chapter devoted to Investigator Organizations with a lot of ready to play characters. I mean those ones.

Another question: If I buy this as a GM, would my players be able to read it (while we're both connected to the campaign)?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm deciding if it's worth to me to buy this one in addition to the digital pdf and the paper book. (Apart from the premade occupations, I mean).

CRap! I remember making those but they are not in the module. I will have a look at the source material and get back to you.
Yes - it is a player shareable resource.
Understood. You can only spend your money once. Spend it wisely (or insanely if the eye tells you to...).

alessandro
March 9th, 2018, 17:53
Hi Damned,
any news on the ready to play investigators?