PDA

View Full Version : Troll Regeneration

Uraence
October 17th, 2017, 19:21
The Troll Regeneration effect continues to work regardless of any fire or acid damage dealt the previous round. Is this something that has to be manually adjusted by turning the effect "off" each time or is FG supposed to recognize fire and acid damage to do so automatically?

Waldbaer
October 17th, 2017, 19:24
It works automatically...I tried it several times; should work with you, too. Did you check if the weapons which are dealing the damage do have the damage type set correctly?

Uraence
October 17th, 2017, 19:25
I loaded up every fire and acid spell from Cantrip to 4th level and it would regenerate after being damaged. Even with ongoing damage from Melf's Acid Arrow it would continue to regen.

Waldbaer
October 17th, 2017, 19:35
I loaded up every fire and acid spell from Cantrip to 4th level and it would regenerate after being damaged. Even with ongoing damage from Melf's Acid Arrow it would continue to regen.

I just tried a fire bolt to show you - s. attached picture. Anything on the effect of the troll which might be different? The Troll effect should state: REGEN: 10 acid, fire

Waldbaer
October 17th, 2017, 19:40
here's one more photo of how the effect of the trolls REGEN should look like in the ct. Is it "ON"?

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2017, 19:41
It works for me too. Check your effects and then to see if you have any extensions enabled.

Zacchaeus
October 17th, 2017, 22:44
It is a known issue. REGEN is a bit not working ATM.

Uraence
October 17th, 2017, 22:47
All extensions are turned off.

Here's the initial view in the CT:

Here's after the damage roll and advancing to the Trolls turn:

It shows Regen is disabled and sets the effect to "skip". However, when advancing to the Trolls turn the Regen is still applied.

Uraence
October 17th, 2017, 22:50
Thanks Zakcchaeus! You replied while I was typing up the one before this one.

I thought something was wonky with it.

Waldbaer
October 18th, 2017, 19:06
It is a known issue. REGEN is a bit not working ATM.

??? Strange - so why is it actually working for me? :)

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2017, 19:49
Zacchaeus has brought this to my attention, but I haven't had a chance to investigate yet. I'm focusing on non-ruleset code currently, but I will look at this later this week or weekend with other reports I need to investigate.

Thanks for your patience,
JPG

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2017, 22:37
??? Strange - so why is it actually working for me? :)

I don't know. But if you apply fire or acid damage to a Troll you should see the problem.

Uraence
October 19th, 2017, 01:33
Waldbaer, it shows it disables correctly in the chat text, but when you advance the turn to the Troll the regen kicks in anyway, even though it shows to skip.

See the second screenshot I posted.

LordEntrails
October 19th, 2017, 04:47
Waldbaer, it shows it disables correctly in the chat text, but when you advance the turn to the Troll the regen kicks in anyway, even though it shows to skip.

See the second screenshot I posted.
Ah, thanks, I thought it was working based on the chat messages.

Waldbaer
October 19th, 2017, 10:40
Ah, thanks, I thought it was working based on the chat messages.

It is actually working for me. It does not heal 10hp in the next turn if I apply acid or fire damage. That's why I was asking. I tried this out in a test campaign without any other extensions or mods installed.

But I can do another try this evening my time to be very sure about that.

Waldbaer
October 19th, 2017, 10:45
I ran a small adventure on FG con 11 and this is something I used during the adventure because one of the opponents was a troll with 11hp who could only die if he cannot regenerate at the beginning of his turn.

The REGEN effect only left him after someone did a fire bolt on him and not before that. So that's why I was wondering. However, I'll try it out again this evening as written above.

Nilram the Grey
October 21st, 2017, 17:08
My party has been battling trolls on and off over the last three weeks. During our session the regeneration was correctly negating automatically when the trolls were damaged by fire or acid. I wonder why different people are seeing different behaviors. I'll try to check this out this weekend after all the recent updates to see if something has changed just to provide another datapoint.

Kordak
October 28th, 2017, 23:15
I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP with respect to regeneration working on a vampire after taking radiant damage the round prior. The CT button for the REGEN effect is showing "skip one use" but it regenerates 20 hp on it's turn and the "skip one use" button does not return to the normal ("On") state.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2017, 02:45
I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP with respect to regeneration working on a vampire after taking radiant damage the round prior. The CT button for the REGEN effect is showing "skip one use" but it regenerates 20 hp on it's turn and the "skip one use" button does not return to the normal ("On") state.
Yep, it's on the list to be fixed. See post #11 of this thread :)