PDA

View Full Version : Any way to lock tokens and sheets?

incarn
February 26th, 2006, 10:06
Not just stop them from moving them.I know you can do that, but stop players from picking up (ie removing) them when they are locked?
It seems very strange that they can do that.

Also, same for the char sheets. once generated, unless I write down all the numbers, how do I know one of my players hasn't manually upped a modifier or stat?

Thanks guys.

DarkStar
February 26th, 2006, 10:55
Also, same for the char sheets. once generated, unless I write down all the numbers, how do I know one of my players hasn't manually upped a modifier or stat?

There's no way to do that, as far as I know. Honestly, I wouldn't play with such people, I think that true roleplayers don't do this, it ruins all the fun.

Cantstanzya
February 26th, 2006, 19:16
Thanks guys.
Again, this is where FG is as close to P&P as you can get. Couldn't someone change a stat around a gaming table without you knowing, and wouldn't the punishment be severe if they were caught doing that? The same with FG, they can change it, but if caught doing so oh imagine the concequences.
If you want to be sure, you could do a print screen of everyones character sheet after it is first created, that way you have record of all the their attributes. Another option, if running a custom ruleset, is after the players create their character sheet go in and change those fields as read only. It is very easy to do, but would have to be done with FG shut down.
Hopefully in 1.06 you'll be able to define fields that you can lock down and unlock. I will be looking at doing this when 1.06 is released. Not that I don't trust my players, but we all know how an inadevertant mouse scroll can change an attribute by mistake.

incarn
February 26th, 2006, 20:26
Trust is a funny thing. :)
One problem is, I may be playing with people using this system that I have never laid eyes on, so have no idea if they can be trusted or not. I would prefer not to have to think about it.

I just think you should be able to lock them away. Nothing we can do in xml to give access only to the DM?

Cantstanzya
February 26th, 2006, 21:28
Like I mentioned in my post, I believe this can be done in 1.06.

incarn
February 27th, 2006, 11:39
Thanks Cantstanzya, will wait... patiently. (mostly)