PDA

View Full Version : Extension: Party Inventory Identified

Llisandur
October 16th, 2017, 07:53
I decided it was too difficult to click through each item to see whether it was identified or not before giving it to a player, so I made a small extension to make it easier.

Included edits:

Added identified item button party item list

The added button can be used from the party Parcel Items list and is visible only to the GM. The Identified Items setting is still required as usual.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21046

This replaces the ps_parcelitem windowclass. Updated to be compatible with 3.3.6. It is based on the code in the CoreRPG ruleset and so should work with all related rulesets.

EDIT: I've removed all ruleset restrictions. Please be aware that this could potentially cause problems if used in rulesets that already modify the ps_parcelitem windowclass or are otherwise not based on the CoreRPG ruleset.

1.0 Downloads: 14 views

Bidmaron
October 16th, 2017, 12:24
So does this automatically identify all items added to party? Your description is not very clear, especially the button

damned
October 16th, 2017, 13:17
I believe it adds the ID symbol to the items in the Party Sheet so you dont have to open each one up to check.

Full Bleed
October 16th, 2017, 14:00
I think the "No ID" graphic is hard to see.

You also might want to consider not showing the ID graphic on everything... just the "No ID" graphic on things that aren't.

Bidmaron
October 16th, 2017, 15:36
Ok the old saying about a picture is with 1k words....
So, you can click Id or not on each item in parcel without going to each item. Most awesome!

Andraax
October 16th, 2017, 16:53
Seems to work with release 15 of Castles and Crusades as well - you can add that ruleset to the extension.

Llisandur
October 16th, 2017, 19:10
I've updated the extension such that it should work with/be loaded from any ruleset.

Llisandur
August 23rd, 2018, 08:14
Updated for changes in 3.3.6.

NickNasti
November 8th, 2019, 13:29
This is really nice extension. Is it possible to allow drag-drop of character names to the assignment? Maybe even allow "All"? Thank you for your nice work.

MrDDT
November 13th, 2019, 16:06
Thanks awesome work!

bmos
October 3rd, 2020, 00:15
I just want to say that this extension is incredibly useful.
Not sure how I coped without it. Thanks!

bmos
November 15th, 2020, 18:11
A suggestion: this would also be great to have in the parcel editor.

bmos
March 16th, 2021, 13:56
Just noticed the xml file doesn't have
merge="join" specified.
Probably a good idea to add that.

EDIT: looks like one other change is needed for this to work:

<button_record_isidentified name="isidentified">
needs to be

<button_record_isidentified name="identifyitem">

MrDDT
March 16th, 2021, 18:51
Just noticed the xml file doesn't have
merge="join" specified.
Probably a good idea to add that.

Can you explain what that does? I don't mind editing it, but no idea what it does.

bmos
March 16th, 2021, 19:10
Can you explain what that does? I don't mind editing it, but no idea what it does.

<windowclass name="ps_parcelitem">
should be

<windowclass name="ps_parcelitem" merge="join">

This is important for compatibility with future updates and other extensions.

EDIT: specifically here the extension appears to be re-configuring the entire party inventory list. This could be an issue if you have another extension that also modifies the party inventory.

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2021, 18:33
The merge="join" means that the window class definition does not fully override the existing definition, but layers on top of it. You only want to use that if you want to modify some of the existing behavior or add/remove a few fields, instead of replacing the whole thing. This prevents you from having to redefine existing fields/behaviors, and allows better compatibility with updates and other extensions.

However, you should understand how it should be defined in order to utilize it by looking at the developer's guide on the wiki; as well as examples in the 3.5E and 5E rulesets. Otherwise, it may not help at all.

Regards,
JPG

Farnaby
March 23rd, 2021, 19:05
This is brilliant, thank you.

MaxAstro
March 24th, 2021, 04:14
This extension is fantastic, thank you!

bmos
June 14th, 2021, 16:14
Because I also have an extension that modifies this windowclass, I have made a more compatible version of this extension which doesn't replace the entire windowclass.

EDIT: reuploaded to also make "Assigned" label line up perfectly with the fields

Sudain
June 15th, 2021, 03:23
Ohhh my goodness. I never knew about this before, such a great extension! Thank you!

bmos
June 27th, 2021, 16:28
Party Inventory Identified (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40686-Extension-Party-Inventory-Identified) v1.2 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-Party-Inventory-Identified/releases/tag/v1.2)
* Simplifies creation of parcels by providing easy way to ID/non-ID items in parcels.
* Improves compatibility with other extensions

EDIT:
Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/50/view)

Drogo210
July 22nd, 2021, 20:17
There is a small conflict with Map Parcel extension. ID and Weight overlap.

bmos
July 22nd, 2021, 20:29
There is a small conflict with Map Parcel extension. ID and Weight overlap.

48364You need to take that up with SilentRuin. I don't have access to paid extensions.

Drogo210
July 25th, 2021, 18:45
You need to take that up with SilentRuin. I don't have access to paid extensions.

I do report here his answer.

It’s a conflict with some other extension is what you mean. I tend to put all my buttons relative so they work - if I failed to do that you can check and let me know. If I did do it relative then it’s out of my control and you can just say they conflict.
"Appears" I'm doing the placement correct - use of relative - insert behind existing item - joined... Not planning on taking any further action without author asking for something generic that does not disrupt what I'm doing.

<number_charinv name="weight" insertbefore="name">
<anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
</anchored>
<delaykeyupdate />
<tabtarget prev="name" />
</number_charinv>

bmos
July 25th, 2021, 19:19
I should have been more clear.
The issue is that I have no idea why there is an incompatibility since I cannot see the code of paid extensions without buying them and thus cannot do anything about improving compatibility with them.
IMO it is usually the responsibility of paid extension developers to handle compatibility with free extensions since they have chosen to make their code private.

However, it is worth asking what version of this you are using? Are you using the v1.2 build I posted (which is also the version on the Forge) or the original 2018 v1.1 version from Llisandur?

MrDDT
July 25th, 2021, 19:48
The issue is that I have no idea why there is an incompatibility since I cannot see the code of paid extensions without buying them and thus cannot do anything about improving compatibility with them.
IMO it is usually the responsibility of paid extension developers to handle compatibility with free extensions since they have chosen to make their code private.

However, it is worth asking what version of this you are using? Are you using the v1.2 build I posted (which is also the version on the Forge) or the original 2018 v1.1 version from Llisandur?

It's really not your fault Bmos. I'm using forge one and the most updated map parcel ext.

The issue is MAP parcel is relative to the info icon. Not your ID icon. So it would need to be either detecting your icon, OR moved more left (relative) to the info icon.
But as Drogo stated, the other EXT coder is leaving it as is as there is no real issue with the ones he uses.

So unless somehow you can use the code above and input your icon for that to be detecting it to be relative. It wont fix it.
Plus in the map parcel ext, it will also display the WT above it all a bit if this were to happen.

I simply just edited the code to be over to the left more.

SilentRuin
July 26th, 2021, 00:34

As I told MrDDT - I gave him the code I use which I place everything relative to the anchor as I should be. Assuming you are placing it relative to the anchor it should also work - I have other things that actually do the same thing. All you need to do is ask if you need to see code for something your working on compatibility wise - as you have before in PM for past things. The key being I use this with other things placed relative to anchor on that line and they work fine. You can contact me in PM if you need more.

<windowclass name="parcel_item" merge="join">
<margins control="0,0,0,5" />
<sheetdata>
<number_charinv name="weight" insertbefore="name">
<anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
</anchored>
<delaykeyupdate />
<tabtarget prev="name" />
</number_charinv>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

bmos
July 26th, 2021, 13:49
As I told MrDDT - I gave him the code I use which I place everything relative to the anchor as I should be. Assuming you are placing it relative to the anchor it should also work - I have other things that actually do the same thing.
Awesome, thanks SilentRuin. Having those the windowlass lines from around the number_charinv makes all the difference :)
I also have a couple extensions I maintain that modify that line, so I'll look at adding compatibility.

EDIT: Might not have time to look into this for a while, but I will when I have time.

SilentRuin
July 26th, 2021, 15:53
Awesome, thanks SilentRuin. Having those the windowlass lines from around the number_charinv makes all the difference :)
I also have a couple extensions I maintain that modify that line, so I'll look at adding compatibility.

EDIT: Might not have time to look into this for a while, but I will when I have time.

No worries feel free to scrape any of my code or use it as an example on how to do stuff. Of course with the stipulation, EXTENSIONS = RISK! ;)

bmos
July 28th, 2021, 01:14
Party Item Identified (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40686-Extension-Party-Inventory-Identified) v1.3 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-Party-Inventory-Identified/releases/tag/v1.3)
* Improve compatibility with other extensions (specifically reported regarding Map Parcels)
* Improve alignment of ID button in parcels
* Change extension name to "Feature: Party Item Identified"
Click here to see raw code changes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-Party-Inventory-Identified/compare/v1.2...v1.3)

Thanks to SilentRuin for providing assistance and extensions to test with.

Merell
January 6th, 2022, 03:18
This is extremely helpful but I have a question / request, could it also be made to flag items on character sheets that are not identified? My group tends to go through each night and distribute the items from the party sheet to their character sheet even if they know they are magic. Then when they get to town it is a fun "Hunt and Search" to find all those pesky magic items each one of them are caring. I am using D&D classic I would guess that you may not be able to do this without making one for each rule set. Though if it can be done and could be made to be generic that would be a wonderful thing.

bmos
January 6th, 2022, 15:20
This is extremely helpful but I have a question / request, could it also be made to flag items on character sheets that are not identified? My group tends to go through each night and distribute the items from the party sheet to their character sheet even if they know they are magic. Then when they get to town it is a fun "Hunt and Search" to find all those pesky magic items each one of them are caring. I am using D&D classic I would guess that you may not be able to do this without making one for each rule set. Though if it can be done and could be made to be generic that would be a wonderful thing.

Unfortunately that is ruleset specific. The ruleset I use already has that.

Stargrove
February 12th, 2022, 16:14
I would like to make a request for an addition to this very useful extension. I would also like to see the Non-ID name in the Parcel Items area as this is what the players see and when they have a bunch of things to ID it is hard to locate which one they want to make a roll against.

I did have a look at the code for this extension that is on Github but I really have no idea where to start to modify it. Thanks.

bmos
February 12th, 2022, 17:12
would also like to see the Non-ID name in the Parcel Items area as this is what the players see and when they have a bunch of things to ID it is hard to locate which one they want to make a roll against.That's an interesting suggestion!
Definitely with published adventures it could be inconvenient since most of them have things like "Unidentified Item" or "Magic Wand" that can be the case for multiple items, but I think having this as an option would be very useful.
I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

Stargrove
February 12th, 2022, 17:18
I decided to play around and while I can eliminate all my errors in FGU, I am unable to get the Non-ID info to show up as a new column. Again, I don't really have a sense how to do this, just playing around.

I think I identified (no pun intended) the column name of the data that is needed: <string name="nonid_name"> by searching through the CORERPG code.

I then tried to insert this code into both XML files in the existing extension right above the code for the Non-ID button:

<string_columnh name="nonid_name" />
<string name="nonid_name">
<anchored width="40" height="20">
<top />
<right parent="rightanchor" anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-5" />
</anchored>
</string>

bmos
February 12th, 2022, 17:55
I decided to play around and while I can eliminate all my errors in FGU, I am unable to get the Non-ID info to show up as a new column

I just posted an update that adds an option so you can switch between the two behaviors.
Here is how I did it (https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-Party-Inventory-Identified/commit/a98d8b59b4a13c6fb051ddb318edcfcf2974e0b5) :)

Stargrove
February 12th, 2022, 18:19
Alrighty then. That was a bit more involved than I was trying to do with just adding another column to the current listing.

Testing it out it looks like it will show the Non-ID name IF the item it listed as unidentified and the real name if it is identified. I can certainly live with that.

Thank you. Appreciate the effort sir.

bmos
February 12th, 2022, 18:48
Alrighty then. That was a bit more involved than I was trying to do with just adding another column to the current listing.

Testing it out it looks like it will show the Non-ID name IF the item it listed as unidentified and the real name if it is identified. I can certainly live with that.

Thank you. Appreciate the effort sir.You're welcome!

MrDDT
February 12th, 2022, 20:02
Thanks both @Stargove and @bmos

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2022, 17:10
Note: similar functionality to this extension (ID button in the Party Sheet Parcel Items list) is now part of the Pathfinder Second Edition (PFRPG2) ruleset.

bmos
March 3rd, 2022, 17:13
Note: similar functionality to this extension (ID button in the Party Sheet Parcel Items list) is now part of the Pathfinder Second Edition (PFRPG2) ruleset.That's awesome! It would be a great addition to CoreRPG in my opinion!

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2022, 18:24
That's awesome! It would be a great addition to CoreRPG in my opinion!
I agree. And it's basically this that's needed:

<windowclass name="ps_parcelitem" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<button_record_isidentified name="button_isidentified" source="isidentified" insertbefore="assign">
<anchored width="20" height="20">
<top offset="2" />
<right parent="rightanchor" anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-5" />
</anchored>
</button_record_isidentified>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2022, 18:35
Noted for next update.

Cheers,
JPG

Urheil
August 14th, 2022, 02:09
Hi, i was thinking...

My players have a lot of things in their own personal inventory a lot of objects that didn't identify.
Is there a way to filter those or to quickly know which ones are not identified?

Or an extension to identified them directly like this extension but in the pc's inventory?

thanks!

bmos
August 14th, 2022, 02:36
It could depend on your ruleset, but at least in 3.5E unidentified items show their unidentified names in character inventory for both host (gm) and client (player).
This is different than the behavior in the party inventory where host (gm) sees the true name while client (player) sees the unidentified name.

So to speak to your exact question, yes. Just scroll through a character's inventory and look for the unidentified names (which in 3.5E are often "unidentified sword" or whatever).
If you want to replicate this more exactly, maybe drag the items into a parcel? I don't really think adding the ID button to player inventories makes much sense as there is not a lot of horizontal space because of the location column.

Urheil
August 14th, 2022, 02:40
It could depend on your ruleset, but at least in 3.5E unidentified items show their unidentified names in character inventory for both host (gm) and client (player).
This is different than the behavior in the party inventory where host (gm) sees the true name while client (player) sees the unidentified name.

So to speak to your exact question, yes. Just scroll through a character's inventory and look for the unidentified names (which in 3.5E are often "unidentified sword" or whatever).
If you want to replicate this more exactly, maybe drag the items into a parcel? I don't really think adding the ID button to player inventories makes much sense as there is not a lot of horizontal space because of the location column.

i have six players right now, and the names are e.g. "mwk Dagger" but actually is a "+1 Dagger".
And some of my players have a lot (30 items, some more)...

Edit: i'm in PFRPG 1

bmos
August 14th, 2022, 15:23
i have six players right now, and the names are e.g. "mwk Dagger" but actually is a "+1 Dagger".
And some of my players have a lot (30 items, some more)...

Edit: i'm in PFRPG 1Ah, you've probably customized the item names (which is very cool and def adds to immersion but does make this harder).
Maybe I can color-code the item names or something for the GM.

bmos
August 14th, 2022, 16:37
Just posted v1.6 which turns the names of unidentified items red on the player sheet (but only for the gm).

Urheil
August 14th, 2022, 23:19
Just posted v1.6 which turns the names of unidentified items red on the player sheet (but only for the gm).

Thanks bmos!

Tried to update, but it still shows 1.4!
What can i do to force the download?

Edit: nevermind! forced the update, and that made it! thanks a lot!!!

bmos
August 15th, 2022, 02:26
Thanks bmos!

Tried to update, but it still shows 1.4!
What can i do to force the download?

Edit: nevermind! forced the update, and that made it! thanks a lot!!!You're welcome! Can you clarify what you mean about forcing the update?
Did you have to delete the file from the extension folder?

Urheil
August 15th, 2022, 06:21
You're welcome! Can you clarify what you mean about forcing the update?
Did you have to delete the file from the extension folder?

Usually when i Enter fgu it updates itself.
By forcing, i mean i clicked the button manually

bmos
August 15th, 2022, 13:18
Usually when i Enter fgu it updates itself.
By forcing, i mean i clicked the button manuallyAh, that only happens when there are updates for things that you bought from the FG Store.
The Forge stuff doesn't trigger the red outline of the button.
I'm glad it's working :)

bmos
September 4th, 2022, 13:09
This functionality is coming to CoreRPG in in a couple of days. At that time, my extension will only serve to color-code player inventory items.
So good to see this useful tweak getting officially implemented :)

MrDDT
September 4th, 2022, 17:54
Thanks Bmos and excited to see this becoming core. I think there are a lot of exts out there that should be just wrapped up into core so we don't have to use so many for things. Even if only part of the ext is being added to core thats still going to help lower the amount of issues people are with exts.

I know I'm running about 65 exts and I really don't see how I can lower that number, however, every week pretty much there is an FGU update, and then I have to stress about what is broken with my exts. So again, really glad that SW is making some of these exts core, and I just wish it was more.

WinterSoldier7
September 21st, 2022, 15:40
Am I getting confused or did this extension also stop PCs from unequipping cursed items?

If so, is this now Core? What do I have to do to mark an item as cursed?

MrDDT
September 21st, 2022, 15:51
Am I getting confused or did this extension also stop PCs from unequipping cursed items?

If so, is this now Core? What do I have to do to mark an item as cursed?

This ext didn't do that and it's not core.
Maybe you are thinking of another ext like Equipped Effects, which does this.

WinterSoldier7
September 21st, 2022, 15:57
Ah, that might be it, yeah.

As you were.

(Thank you)

Urheil
September 30th, 2022, 04:00

Sorry bmos!
The red names stopped working...

bmos
September 30th, 2022, 12:41
Sorry bmos!
The red names stopped working...It is still working for me.
Perhaps you are using it with another extension that it is not compatible with?

Urheil
September 30th, 2022, 13:48
It is still working for me.
Perhaps you are using it with another extension that it is not compatible with?

I didn't change any extensions... let me try it and i'll get back to you

Urheil
September 30th, 2022, 14:03
I didn't change any extensions... let me try it and i'll get back to you

The problem was between the chair and the keyboard... :p
For some reason the extension was deactivated

Sorry!

bmos
September 30th, 2022, 15:30
The problem was between the chair and the keyboard... :p
For some reason the extension was deactivated

Sorry!That'll do it!