PDA

View Full Version : Advantage/Disadvantage for individuals on group saving throws

Nilram the Grey
October 15th, 2017, 15:01
I could swear I used to know how to do this, but now I can't figure it out. Now that the party is higher level, we are encounter and creating more saving throws that apply to many targets. Often now one or more members of the group have advantage or disadvantage on their save. How to I implement this in FG? Without implementing it all sort of automation breaks down including hand/zero damage, concentration checks, etc.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2017, 16:29
Each character who has advantage clicks on the ADV button before the save is made. Or you place an effect on the character ADVSAV: <ability>

Nilram the Grey
October 15th, 2017, 18:17
Zacchaeus,

It does not appear to work. When I press ADV or DIS it applies to all targeted creatures. The ADVSAV or DISSAV effect would seem to require me to manually create such an effect for each saving through type. Is that correct?

Myrdin Potter
October 15th, 2017, 19:22
I think he is saying the players need to click it on their screen. And then the next roll that applies to them would take it into account.

Nilram the Grey
October 15th, 2017, 20:15
Myrdin,

As DM how do I do the same thing for a group of NPC's I'm running?

Myrdin Potter
October 15th, 2017, 20:22
If some have advantage and some do not, you may need to jump through a few hoops. For example, target the ones without advantage and then resolve the spell. Then target the ones with advantage, click the button, and resolve the spell again. If there is damage involved, and you want it to be the same, you may then need to tidy it up as the damage would probably be different each time.

Nilram the Grey
October 15th, 2017, 20:29
Yep, that is the problem I'm facing. Right now the automation doesn't really work when it comes to dis/adv on saves. I have gone ahead and made effects to apply to creatures. I think that is working as a work around.

Myrdin Potter
October 15th, 2017, 20:33
That works as well. If it is not a standard effect, create it in the effects group in the top right corner so you can just drag and drop in the future.

Nilram the Grey
October 15th, 2017, 20:40
That is what I did. I just setup a "DISSAV: all" and a "ADVSAV: all" effect to go with a variety of other custom effects I've created over time. It seems to be the best possible solution except for the fact it doesn't have a duration option of "Next roll".