PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Conversion Extension for PFRPG

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 00:44
Do not use any of these extensions or modules with the official Paizo Starfinder Ruleset!

STARFINDER RPG Playable on Fantasy Grounds PFRPG Ruleset.
Bug Reports (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=362023&viewfull=1#post362023)

Starfinder Extension for PFRPG Version 3.5.6 Released Jan 4 2018. NEW
Link to Full list. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=362591&viewfull=1#post362591)
Fixed Script Error for Multi-Target Spell Damage

Modules Compatible with SFC.

Starfinder Core Rules Module Version 2.2 Released Jan 14 2018 NEW
Fixed Skills issue
SFC Rev 3.5.1 or higher required.
Fixed Mechanics Combat Tracking missing Armor and Weapon Links.
StarfinderEquipment[SFC].mod Current

Starfinder Spells Library By Samarex Version 1.2 (Updated to be compatable with SCGen extension) Nov 4, 2017 NEW

Other Files

Starfinder Creature Generator [SCGen] Version 1.3 Released Nov 18 2017 NEW
Fixed Ability Score input. Now inputs Ability Score to match the Bonus level from Stat Block so a Str +4 in the stat block will input a Str 18 in the NPC sheet. a Str -1 will input a Str 8 on NPC Sheet.

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 00:47
OK bad news. We are going to have to stick with 3.5 for now. The Christmas tree bug poped up again during FG Con session. So I have to go in and rewrite the HP system and take wounds completely out.
This will take some time...
Sorry all.

Starfinder Conversion 3.5 Revision Notes
Here is Version 3.5
I fixed a couple Label issues [item and Resolve]

Plus now when importing characters from older rule sets the new Ability Score System introduced in 3.5 now Auto Updates when you import. it reads the ability scores and writes the base score for you. so no need to do it anymore.

I will get to work on getting 3.6 stable with all its features included, and get it out as soon as I can.
Sorry for the drop back but I think its best thing to do.

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 01:25
Whats Coming in 3.6

3.6 Resolve and Nonlethal Damage Systems

Resolve System Upgrade.
- Add [Mod] box. To allow adjustment of resolve by Items or Feats I.E (Extra Resolve) feat.
- Add Buttons for most used Resolve options.
If HP and Resolve Point Pool requirement are not meet the button id not clicklable.

[STAB] This will allow the player to Stabilize (Cost Total 1/4 Max Resolve) Your Resolve is subtracted and [stable] effect applied to char.

[STAM] Will Notify via Chat that Character wants to take a 10min rest and spend resolve to recover Stamina. [If GM declares the 10 min rest was uninterupted the GM can apply a Short rest to the char. This will recover his Stamina to max and subtract 1 resolve.

[SinF] Stay in the Fight. As long as character has enough Resolve and his HP are at 0 the player can setect this button. I check to make sure the character has the Stable Effect. If not it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) Failed [NOT STABLE]. If he does it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) is using a Resolve. The Character's Curr HPs are set to 1, Stable Effect Removed, and Resolve subtracted.
Nonlethal Damage
-Nonlethal damage system.

-NL damage will reduce Temp, Stamina then HP.
Damage Reporting System
Upgrade reporting of [Status] when a Character reaches 0 HP.

[Types of Damage Reported]

-If Characters damage is reduced 0 and remaining damage equals or exceeds his Max HP then

[Status] Massive Damage [DEAD]

-If Characters damage is reduced 0 and remaining damage is less than Max HP then depending on Type of damage that took the character to 0 HP

-All [Lethal] [Status] Unconscious and Dying.

-All [Nonlethal] [Status] Unconscious and Stable.

-Final Blow [Lethal] Unconscious and Dying.

-Final Blow [Nonlethal] Unconscious and Stable.

Other Minor Bugs
-Party Sheet Bug fix. Party saves can be rolled.

This is just a reminder of what changes will be included

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 06:44
Can someone give me a list of Race and Starting Languages please.

Thank You

Full Bleed
October 15th, 2017, 08:34
Can someone give me a list of Race and Starting Languages please.
https://www.starfindersrd.com/races/

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 08:44
https://www.starfindersrd.com/races/

Thank You. Exactly what I needed.

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 14:44
Good Evening,
I decided before digging deep into 3.6, to go ahead and update the Core Rule Book and Equipment Catalog modules to 3.5 so they are usable.

So working on the Rule Book I got the
Races done (Both Core and Legacy), Traits/Ability Scores/Speed/Size/Languages all auto fill in.
Themes are good (Links to the 4 abilities are in the theme you can drag them to the Theme Abilities Frame.
Started on Classes. I got the Proficiency's to auto drop in other systems. but because of all the name differences it would take a while to get it coded to drop in automatic.
And I want you peoples thoughts on this.
I got rid of the Proficiency Frame and extended the Feats Frame. Since Weapon and Armor Prof's are really Feats we can just put them there, and I put the Links to drag in the Class box (so we don't have to open feats and search for them).
Attachment Shows what I got.
Please your thoughts.

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 15:51
Feature Request List

Below is a List of Request on the ToDo List. If you have a request P.M. me and I will add it on.

Starfinder Society Tab(Corwynn)- Add a Tab for Society Information, Boons Slots and more.

Pathfinder Character Conversion to Starfinder(Samarex) Support Importing a Pathfinder Character and it converts to Starfinder.

I already have a Character Updating System in place could code to convert them to Starfinder stats. You want to bring in you Elf Ranger from Pathfinder we can find him a home among the stars.

Samarex
October 16th, 2017, 09:57
Added the Equipment Manual to the listing of modules. Thought I was going to have to do allot of editing but the Str stat for damage on ranged weapons was a rule set issue. So I got that fixed. After I get the Rule book done I will up load it and the update for the rule set for changes needed to make the 2 modules compatible.
Just minor changes.

Samarex
October 16th, 2017, 13:55
Ok almost got the First Class done, Operative I just need it input the Specialization's and Exploits for Drag and Drop.
But if you level correctly meaning you drag and drop your class icon each time you level.
BAB, Saves, Skill Points and ALL Class features automatically update.
- Some of the Class features will have Drag n Drop links for the options of that feature
- Repeating Features will act 1 of two ways.
if it a increase in something in the feature i.e Operative's Edge increases the initiative bonus So you will start out with Operative's Edge +1, when you get your next one Operative's Edge +2 will be added. You just delete the first one and update your initiative bonus. So you are only keeping the highest one on your sheet.
if the features grants you something i.e Operative Exploit. The first one will show Operative Exploit, as you get more it will show Operative Exploit (x2) Operative Exploit (x3) ect. telling you how many you have. In this case you would pic a exploit and drag it in.

I'm working on making Leveling quick and easy. HP's and Stamina will eventually auto update except for Stamina on character creation, it will have to be manually adjusted after you adjust your ability scores by spending your 10 points. nothing I can do to automate that since Starfinder has you do that after you have dropped in your class. But this won't be until 3.6 when I do the HP system again. But I have put the hooks in the Class,Theme and Race entry's in the Core Book so they are already there for me to pull in, and there wont need to be any updating the rule book and characters for that.

Have a nice Day or night depending on where you are. My day is done....

Talen
October 16th, 2017, 23:24
Extension was a big hit at the con. Thanks again Samarex!

Samarex
October 17th, 2017, 13:56
Extension was a big hit at the con. Thanks again Samarex!

Thanks
Good news I got The first class done. A lot of leveling automation to include starting HP at character creation. Then HP and Stamina are automatic from 2 and lvl on. Ability scores update with Race and Theme, plus All class features.
I think you all are going to love it.

Samarex
October 18th, 2017, 00:37
Good Morning.
Got a question for anyone that might be able to help.
There is "version" tag in the extension.xml

<properties>
<name>Starfinder[SFC]Ver 3.5</name>
<version>3.5</version>

<author>Samarex</author>
<description></description>

<ruleset>PFRPG</ruleset>
</properties>

How can I read the number from a function in the code?

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2017, 00:39
Try this function:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Extension.xcp#getExtensionInfo

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
October 18th, 2017, 00:48
Thanks Moon

Samarex
October 18th, 2017, 14:08
Good Evening.
Much of today was spent finishing off what was needed for the coming Core Rule Book update. I think I got all the changes I need to do done to the extension. Now I can finish off the rest of the Classes. But in doing this here is what got updated in the extension.

3.5.1 Leveling Automation / Core Rule Book compatability.
This update is a mix of Rule Set and Core Rule book update. It brings in allot of automation to leveling.
-Ability Tab formated correctally for automation.
- Theme/Traits/Class Abilities/Feats/Proficiencies all now drop in proper place.
-Added [Proficiency] Sidebar Button to bring up Armor/Weapon Proficiency List.

The Major work has been on the Starfinder Core Rule book.
*All Races Updated both Core and Legacy.
-Racial Abilitys Either drop in Ability Tab or Update the Character sheet automatic
-Speed/Ability Score/Languages/Size auto apply.
-Racial HP Auto Apply.

*Themes-
- Ability Score Adjustment now auto updates.
-Level 1 Theme Ability Auto Drops [Still need to tie in Themes with Class Leveling so the other Theme Abilities will auto Drop.
for now a Class Feature will Drop in telling you that you get a Theme Ability. you can open your Theme and Drag it to CS.

*Classes
-Class HP and Stamina auto Fill
-BAB and Saving Throw Class Bonus now Auto fill.
-All Class Features Auto Drop all the way thru level 20.
Allot of the Class Feature's have links in the Desc that can be Drag n Drop to CS.

*Leveling
-Input Class and Race Data in [data_common] for leveling
-HP/Stamina Max auto update when leveling(Level 1 Stamina still needs Con bonus added in after ability score adjustment.)
-BAB/Fort/Ref/Will Class bonus now auto update when leveling.

*Other
-Armor and Weapon Proficiency Feats have been moved to Proficiency
-Added a Auto Character Sheet Update system.
When you open your character sheet it will compare the Extension Version to the CS Version. if any updates are needed they will auto apply.
You will see a report in the Chat box as to the Status of this feature. So now things like the Ability Score Change Warning in 3.5.0 is automatically done for you. Importing Characters is allot easier now.
-Fixed the Issue with Ranged Weapons giving you Str Damage Bonus.

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 00:40
Try this function:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Extension.xcp#getExtensionInfo

Regards,
JPG

Thanks again. Took a little searching to find how to use it but found Ikael's work from early days and that worked perfect. Got it working.

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2017, 01:33
Don’t forget to use Debug.chat and Debug.console to inspect variables while you’re prototyping and debugging. It helps to be able to see what functions are returning.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 01:43
Don’t forget to use Debug.chat and Debug.console to inspect variables while you’re prototyping and debugging. It helps to be able to see what functions are returning.

Regards,
JPG

Yep got them in. I'm actually working on one right now from the Console I can't figure out what it's reporting.
Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (portrait_gm_token)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.strength.score)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.dexterity.score)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.constitution.score)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.intelligence.score)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.wisdom.score)
Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.abilities.charisma.score)
Any time I change a base Score value I get this. They are orange. So error don't pop up, but its bugging me to what it is. and whats not being done if it's the call terminated.

Bidmaron
October 19th, 2017, 02:18
Sounds to me like you may have an onUodate or onChange handler that you aren’t disarming. It can be easy to get into a snake biting its tail if your aren’t careful with database node handler calls.

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2017, 03:07
When you use setValue, it will trigger an onValueChanged event on the control and an onUpdate event on the databasenode. If either of those script calls ends up calling another setValue call on the same control/node before control is returned to the client, then the setValue script call is aborted and the warning message generated.

Usually, this is indicative of a circular update. (i.e. setValue -> onUpdate -> setValue -> onUpdate -> ...)

Cheers,
JPG

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 04:03
Sounds to me like you may have an onUodate or onChange handler that you aren’t disarming. It can be easy to get into a snake biting its tail if your aren’t careful with database node handler calls.

Thanks Moon and Bidmaron I found it.
It was not that I didn't close a handler but it was a handler causing it.
When I created the Ability Score Editor box I had the stat Base/Mod/Encumbrance fields write to the DB abilities.
Then the handler was for "abilities" so when I would update the .base the onUpdate would run and update the .score which is also in "abilities" so the handler triggered again since abilities updated again.

I moved the editor fields to "abilitiesedit" and changed the handler to it.
No more error.

Bidmaron
October 19th, 2017, 04:49
You can also temporarily disarm the habndler by removing it and reinstalling it or you can put on a semaphore that you check in the handler and skip processing if the semaphore is flagged

Talen
October 19th, 2017, 08:30
Every once in awhile I delude myself into thinking "I could get into this programming thing" - and then a conversation ike this happens and I realize how far out of my depth I really am. :hurt:

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 08:50
Every once in awhile I delude myself into thinking "I could get into this programming thing" - and then a conversation ike this happens and I realize how far out of my depth I really am. :hurt:

Hey If this 55 year old dude can teach himself how to do it I'm sure you Can......

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2017, 09:07
Hah, I feel like that every time I take on a project I haven’t done before, and try to understand all the material I can find on the new programming subject. You learn by your mistakes. :)

JPG

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 11:11
@All- [Starfinder] Stamina + Con bonus. If you have a 13 Con that gives you a +1 bonus / with 2 points of Con damage making your bonus 0. If you level at this stage does your Stamina increase Class Stamina + 1 or Class Stamina +0?

Question 2 If I Have 13 Con Bonus +1 With a Level 6 Operative that give me a Max Stamina of
(6+1)*6=42 now I took some hits and my Current Stamina is 30. I get hit with a bite that does 6 damage and 2 points Con drain.

This drops my Stamina to 24 and the Con Drain drops my bonus to 0
With the Drop in Con Bonus my Max Stamina drop to 42-6 (6 Levels at +1) taking me to 36 Max.
Question is does my Current also drop 6 to 18?

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 13:49
Ok night is done.
Got Envoy input today and played around some on the extension. I got Stamina worked out. I can change it depending on answers fro last post. But right now it auto updates Stamina completely. We don't need to worry about adding in the Con bonus at 1st level anymore. And on top of that your Stamina updates automatically if you take Constitution damage that drops your bonus down or when you recover Con damage it updates back to what it should be.

Bidmaron
October 19th, 2017, 14:27
Ok that was very code snobbish. Sorry about that. I should be the last one doing that because I haven’t done professional programming (some might say never) for 40 years.
Ok, to disarm a handler you generally copy the handler setting (e.g. saveHandler=db.onHandler; where onHandler is the name of whatever handler you are disarming
And then
db.onHandler=nil;), do the thing that would have caused you to descend into recursive hell, and then rearm the handler (e.g. db.onHandler=saveHandler;)

The semaphore is a technique to violate good programming through the use of a Boolean global in scope to the handler and the code where you are doing the recursive evil. In your handler, you check the status of the semaphore and return without processing if the semaphore is set. (E.g.
if bSemaphoreSet then
Return;
End
)
If you want to follow better programming practice, you can eliminate reliance upon the global by making a Boolean local to the code file of the handler, e.g. bSemaphore, and then including simple routines that other code can call to flag or unflag the semaphore (e.g.
function setAbilitySemsphore
bAbilitySemaphore=true;
End

And a similar clearAbilitySemaphore that clears the flag.) Your handler simply skips processing just like before (you an even use a semaphoreSet function if your sensibilities dictate that returns the semaphore status if you want to conceal the flag scope because you are a purist).

Samarex
October 19th, 2017, 15:27
@Moon There seems to be a bug in the 3.5/Pathfinder system. Unless I am misunderstood in how it works. Its with the ability score dam field. I understand it as it a representation of a lose it ability score. I.e 12 con with 1 point damage is saying you have a 11 con. If that's correct. There is a bug
If I adjust my score from 12 to 11 my bonus goes from 1 to 0. So it 1 point of damage takes me too 11 then shouldn't my Bonus go to 0. If I have a 12 con it takes 2 point of damage to drop me to 0 bonus.

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2017, 17:07
You’re mucking with some very old code structures. Some of it is before my time here. :)

The ability damage does not auto-adjust the bonuses displayed (only the score does), but it is taken into account when any rolls are made using the ability.

Cheers,
JPG

Threnode
October 19th, 2017, 20:09
both pathfinder and starfinder books say the same thing about ability damage.

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die.

sounds like FG is handling it correctly. Strange bit of rule though.

Samarex
October 20th, 2017, 00:22
both pathfinder and starfinder books say the same thing about ability damage.

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die.

sounds like FG is handling it correctly. Strange bit of rule though.

Thanks That clears that up. I was mis-understanding it then. I thought it was 1 for 1.

Samarex
October 24th, 2017, 00:52
Question for module writers.
Is there a <tag> to put in the class <classfeatures> section to update the spell castable numbers?

Samarex
October 24th, 2017, 01:42
Question for module writers.
Is there a <tag> to put in the class <classfeatures> section to update the spell castable numbers?

Never-mind I found where it does it.

Ok Got Technomancer's and Mystic's Spell per Day to Auto update including Spell Bonus for Int.
Only one problem and again its because of Ability Score Adjustment at the end. First level Bonus Spell don't get added in.
and When you Change Stats at level 5 It won't update the bonus spell correct, for the change in Int.
So for now we will have to adjust them manually when ever your Int increases. But if there is no change in Int then the update is correct for level and bonus increase.

Samarex
October 24th, 2017, 10:26
Getting really Close to finishing this Core Rules Module, working on the last Class Mystic.
Attachment is a Preview of the Mystic, and my favorite the Mechanic.
Then I just need to update Skill Descriptions and get the spells entered and I think it will be done.
I will then Post the module and 3.5.1 Extension update.

Samarex
October 25th, 2017, 12:03
Good Evening everyone
The long awaited SFC 3.5.1 and Starfinder Core Rules 2.0 modules have been released.
Files can be found on first post of this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Release Notes: 3.5.1 Leveling Automation / Core Rule Book compatability.
This update is a mix of Rule Set and Core Rule book update. It brings in allot of automation to leveling.
-Ability Tab formated correctally for automation.
-Theme/Traits/Class Abilities/Feats/Proficiencies all now drop in proper place.
-Added [Proficiency] Sidebar Button to bring up Armor/Weapon Proficiency List.

The Major work has been on the Starfinder Core Rule book.
*All Races Updated both Core and Legacy.
-Racial Abilitys Either drop in Ability Tab or Update the Character sheet automatic
-Speed/Ability Score/Languages/Size auto apply.
-Racial HP Auto Apply.
*Themes-
- Ability Score Adjustment now auto updates.
*Classes
-Class HP and Stamina auto update
-BAB and Saving Throw Class Bonus now Auto fill.
-All Class Features Auto Drop all the way thru level 20.
Allot of the Class Feature's have links in the Desc that can be Drag n Drop to CS.
-Mechanic Class- Due to the differance in the leveling of the two options for the Machanic, I created two class inputs for it.
The Class selection box reads "Machanic Options" this open a Text box that explains it and how to apply. There you will see Machanic [Drone] and
Machanic [Exocortex]. Depending on your choice you drag this link to your Class on your character sheet.
If you selected Drone your Artiifical Intelligence Ability will have a link on how to make your Drone.
*Drones- I created a Race and Class for each of the three types of Drones. They also have all there information and leveling input just like a normal class does.
*Leveling
-Input Class and Race Data in [data_common] for leveling
-HP/Stamina Max auto update when leveling.
-BAB/Fort/Ref/Will Class bonus now auto update when leveling.
*Spells
Spells have been removed from the Core rule book.
Note: All Mystic Connection Spells are input. The links are in the Class, so the spells don't show up in the Spells listing. All these spells have a [CS] infront to make the player know that these are his Connection Spells that can't be changed out and don't count toward spells known..
*Other
-Armor and Weapon Proficiency Feats have been moved to Proficiency
-Added a Auto Character Sheet Update system.
When you open your character sheet it will compare the Extension Version to the CS Version. if any updates are needed they will auto apply.
You will see a report in the Chat box as to the Status of this feature. So now things like the Ability Score Change Warning in 3.5.0 is automatically done for you. Importing Characters is alot easier now.
-Fixed Issue with Ranged Weapons giving you Str Bonus for damage.
-Stamina will auto adjust when you take or repair Con damage.
-Skills- finished off missing skill descriptions.

Enjoy and as normal if the are any issue Please let me know.
Regards
RJC

Samarex
October 25th, 2017, 12:12
After I give my Eyes and Fingers a needed break. I will get to work on Creating the
Starfinders Spell Library module.

Reguards
RJC

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 04:50
Before I get too far entering these Spells please correct me if misinterpret this.
If a Spell Has Saving Throw:None or Saving Throw: Will/Fort/Ref (harmless) and the Desc says nothing about attack. then a Attack roll is not required.

wassar12
October 26th, 2017, 07:39
Would like to thank you for your excellent work so far Samarex.

You are correct there. Spells will always specify if an attack roll is needed in the spell descriptions.
I would also like to point out a bug, that I have noticed when leveling characters up. Health is not being correctly calculated at level up, each time a level is added to a character, the Health from both the class and the race are being added. Health from race should only be added at 1st level

As per this excerpt from the core rules:

Calculating Hit Points
At 1st level, you gain the number of Hit Points listed in your
race entry + the number of Hit Points listed in your class’s
description, reflecting the overall durability of your race as well
as the hardiness you’ve gained from your training.
At 2nd level and at every level thereafter, you gain the
number of Hit Points listed in your class’s description, reflecting
the greater influence your training and experience has played
in your toughness

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 08:47
Would like to thank you for your excellent work so far Samarex.

You are correct there. Spells will always specify if an attack roll is needed in the spell descriptions.
I would also like to point out a bug, that I have noticed when leveling characters up. Health is not being correctly calculated at level up, each time a level is added to a character, the Health from both the class and the race are being added. Health from race should only be added at 1st level

As per this excerpt from the core rules:

Thank You.
And thanks for pointing out the HP issue. It has been Fixed
SFC 3.5.2 is now on the Front page.
Fixed HP adding both Class and Race during leveling. Now it only adds Race for Level 1.

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 09:12
Thank You.
And thanks for pointing out the HP issue. It has been Fixed
SFC 3.5.2 is now on the Front page.
Fixed HP adding both Class and Race during leveling. Now it only adds Race for Level 1.

I removed the 3.5.2 for a bit. Let me add in a Auto Update script to repair characters that have been done with 3.5.1 It will only take a few and I will upload it to the Forum.

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 09:51
opps

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 11:06
I removed the 3.5.2 for a bit. Let me add in a Auto Update script to repair characters that have been done with 3.5.1 It will only take a few and I will upload it to the Forum.

Ok I added it back in.
I have unlocked Max HP and Max Stamina for now so you can correct your HP and Stamina to the correct values.
I had the Auto fix working until I imported a character that didn't have the values I was looking for in there. So I need to figure out how to get them added in.
So for now I made it so you can update your points for any Character that was leveled with 3.5.1
After that the Leveling HP is fixed it will update correctly now.

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 11:55
FYI for everyone. I don't think it will be a issue right now, but I am sure in the future it will.
There is a bug I have found that is with Total Stamina. But it only presents itself if you decide to Multi Class.
Its now on the top of my to fix list after I finish the Spell book. I really need to get that out to you all.

I know whats doing it but I have to sit down and figure out how to handle multi class when it comes to HP and Stamina.
Reguards
RJC

Samarex
October 27th, 2017, 01:21
Good Morning All

Samarex
October 27th, 2017, 02:54
Mystic Cure. I want to make sure I read this correct.
At levels 4-6 you get a choice , Extra Healing or Restore Life, for the extra healing I read it a just Xd8 without Wisdom modifier.
So at Level 4 if you say the extra healing you heal (7d8+Wis Mod) + 5d8).
Im I Correct?

With a touch, you heal and invigorate your target, restoring a number of Hit Points. If the target regains all of its Hit Points as a result of this healing, you can apply the remaining healing to yourself, as long as you are a living creature. On the other hand, if this isn’t enough to restore all the target’s Hit Points, you can transfer any number of your own Hit Points to the target, healing the target that amount. You can’t transfer more Hit Points than you have or more Hit Points than the target is missing.

Mystic cure restores a number of Hit Points to your target depending on the spell’s level.

1st: 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier

2nd: 3d8 + your Wisdom modifier

3rd: 5d8 + your Wisdom modifier

4th: 7d8 + your Wisdom modifier

5th: 9d8 + your Wisdom modifier

6th: 11d8 + your Wisdom modifier

In addition, unlike most healing, when you cast mystic cure as a spell of 4th-level or higher, you have two options to enhance its effects. The first option is to restore an extra 5d8 Hit Points with a 4th-level mystic cure spell, an extra 7d8 Hit Points with a 5th-level mystic cure spell, or an extra 9d8 Hit Points with a 6th-level mystic cure spell. The second option is to bring a target that died within 2 rounds back to life. In addition to healing such a creature, the spell returns the target to life, and the target takes a temporary negative level for 24 hours. This spell can’t resuscitate creatures slain by death effects, creatures turned into undead, or creatures whose bodies were destroyed, significantly mutilated, disintegrated, and so on.

Casting this spell doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.

Samarex
October 27th, 2017, 09:07
Ok got thru level 3 Mystic Spells and some more will pick up again tomorrow.

tsmpaul
October 27th, 2017, 09:59
Hi, there's a minor problem that's crept in somehow. If I'm in the 'rulebook' module, and I click in Races, I get the wrong races. For example, Human gives the entry for Ysoki, Vesk gives the entry for Human. So to make a human character, I have to drag Vesk from the manual, and Human appears on the character sheet... I think only one of the races came up with the correct entry.

Samarex
October 27th, 2017, 10:18
Hi, there's a minor problem that's crept in somehow. If I'm in the 'rulebook' module, and I click in Races, I get the wrong races. For example, Human gives the entry for Ysoki, Vesk gives the entry for Human. So to make a human character, I have to drag Vesk from the manual, and Human appears on the character sheet... I think only one of the races came up with the correct entry.

Thanks.
I fixed it, its minor-
for now use the Side Bar for Class /Race/Theme ect...
I will wait a bit to see if any other bugs pop up. So we don't have to download for every one.

Samarex
October 28th, 2017, 10:18
I have just posted on first Post the new Starfinders Spells Library Module.

All Mystic and Technomancer Spells are loaded.

If you use the Sidebar Spells button Filtering includes

The normal schools, also source filiters include
Level 0-6
Mystic Level 0-6
Mystic Variable.
Technomancer Level 0-6
Technomancer Variable.

Enjoy
Samarex

Samarex
October 28th, 2017, 13:09
Bugs For Starfinder Conversion Extension
If Status is Fixed and Released is Blank. It means i got the problem fixed and it will be in the next release.
SFC: Starfinder Conversion Extension
CRB: Starfinder Core Rules Module
SSL: Starfinder Spells Library
SEM: Starfinder Equipment Manual

Source
Version
Problem
Status
Released
What you can do until fix is Released.

CRB
Solarian Missing Adv Melee Weapon Prof.
Fixed
Add Prof from the Proficiency List on Side Bar.

SFC
Mechanic HP/Stamina not loading
Fixed
3.5.3 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=362353&viewfull=1#post362353)
Up Date HP/Stamina manually.

SFC
CGen Extension not working. Button missing.
Fixed
3.5.3 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=362353&viewfull=1#post362353)

SFC
Health not adding correct after Lvl 1. (Race is being added in also).
Fixed

SFC
Script Error when trying to select a Item filter with no modules open with Items or Items in campaign.
Open

Make sure there are Items to filter.

CRB
Race Links on Library Screen not linked correct
Fixed

Reguards
Samarex

Samarex
October 30th, 2017, 09:12
Starfinder Conversion 3.5.3 Now Released

Release Notes
Bug Fixes
-Fixed Mechanic HP/Stamina not loading
-Fixed Ability Score Update for Races that Select a Ability to increase.
-Fixed Issue with Stamina not adding correct for Multi Class characters.
-Fixed Compatabiliy with CGen . Button now shows without using the <loadorder> quick fix.
Other
-Put Key Ability back on Ability Editor Screen. (Auto selects during Character Creation.) Existing characters Open Editor and set your Key Ability.
Was going to have Resolve fill in during character creation, but can't do it right becouse Abilitiy Scores adjust after Class drop in. So you would have to adjust it anyway.
This function will be used when I get to the Spells System. Going to add a Cycler to the Attack Editor for a Spell so it can be set to Key Ability. This will pull in your bonus from your Key Ability instead of Str or Dex.

Samarex
October 31st, 2017, 07:32
Good morning All
Some good news to report. I got Ken's Creature Gen extension set up to do a Starfinder Stat block. It pulls in pretty good. But with the way I created the Spells Library [exported from FG] and the way the ext looks for the spells, I need to go thru my Library and do some renaming of tags. So when that's done I will release a new Spells Library and the Starfinder CGen extension.
The missing spells errors in Chat are the links not found. Thats what I am fixing right now with the Tag name changes in the Spell Library mod.

RJC

Erin Righ
October 31st, 2017, 10:20
Thanks for all your hard work, Russ. I don't know if I asked you this already, if I have, sorry, but do you have a paypal where a guy could flip you some Caffeine and Nicotine money to show appreciation?

Samarex
October 31st, 2017, 11:07
Thanks for all your hard work, Russ.

That's all that's needed..........

Ken L
October 31st, 2017, 14:26
You've done a heck of a ton of work there Samarex, great stuff!

But take it easy, and stop to remember that you're doing this for fun. You don't owe anybody anything!

The moment it stops becoming fun is the moment it becomes a chore so do it only when you feel like it, ignore any outside pressure.

Samarex
October 31st, 2017, 15:02
You've done a heck of a ton of work there Samarex, great stuff!

But take it easy, and stop to remember that you're doing this for fun. You don't owe anybody anything!

The moment it stops becoming fun is the moment it becomes a chore so do it only when you feel like it, ignore any outside pressure.

Not any outside pressure, I really enjoy this and want to get a last few thing ironed out. Then going to set up a standard adventure set to run. And actually play it he he.
Speaking big thanks to Talen , Corwyn and others play testing this for me. Its helped things come along.

Samarex
November 1st, 2017, 03:18
SFC Ver 3.5.4 Starfinder Creature Generator Compatability
This update released now to fix a issue with Characters imported from Ver 3.5 not updating correctlly
-Fixed Character Revesion Number update.
This fixes the Ability Scores not being able to be updated thru editor. (Reported by Talen).

Other Changes included.

-Made some minor changes to incorporate the new Starfinder Creature Generator ext. [Edited from Ken's CGen extension.]
-Added RP to NPC's and Combat Tracker for both PC and NPC's.
-KAC and EAC for NPC's now drop into CT correctally.

Thank You Moon for the help. Thats what I needed and it worked..

Note: On the Bottom Right corner of character sheets you will now see a Extension Revision number. Not really important but helps me when you report a bug include that number in your report so I know where what your running.

Salz78
November 2nd, 2017, 01:01
Hey, I downloaded the new version, not sure if I did something wrong. When I drag "Ysoki" from the core races and add it to a character sheet, it adds Android instead. I checked the other races, and if you click on the race they all bring up a the description for a different race than what you clicked.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2017, 01:23
Hey, I downloaded the new version, not sure if I did something wrong. When I drag "Ysoki" from the core races and add it to a character sheet, it adds Android instead. I checked the other races, and if you click on the race they all bring up a the description for a different race than what you clicked.

If your dragging from the Library Screen that had already been addressed, I had it fixed but was waiting for any more bugs reported before I release.
I went ahead and released Version 2.1 with the fix to the links. You can get it on the main page.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2017, 04:25
Starfinder Creature Generator 1.0 Released

Starfinder Creature Generator was created using Ken's CGen. it has been modified to support a Starfinder Stat Block.

Everything seems to fall into place.

Operation Notes:
When you copy the creatures stat block some minor editing will be required before you Generate.
1- The Defense line will copy in as DEFENSE HP XX RP X
Just place curser infront of HP and enter.
DEFENSE
HP XX RP X
2- Attacks that are energy attacks will need touch placed after the name and damage type corrected S-slashing P-piercing ect...
i.e quantum laser pistol +2 (3d6+2 burn) would be quantum laser pistol touch +2 (3d6+2 burn). this will format it to populate correct for a Attach against EAC.

Spells will follow when I finish updating the Spell Library module.
Till then the Spells populate in the sheet but the links are not active. So just replace the Spells with the Spell from the current Spells Lib.

Lawlesslisa
November 2nd, 2017, 13:05
Do I need Ken's Cgen to make the Starfinder Creature Generator work or should I disable Cgen to get Starfinder Creature Generator to work?

And thanks for all your dedication to this, Samarex.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2017, 13:11
Do I need Ken's Cgen to make the Starfinder Creature Generator work or should I disable Cgen to get Starfinder Creature Generator to work?

And thanks for all your dedication to this, Samarex.

You only need to use one. So for Starfinder Use SCgen for Pathfinder/3.5 use Kens CGen

Talen
November 3rd, 2017, 06:24
Love the changes and the Creature Gen modification for SFRPG is great! Thank you again!

ddavison
November 3rd, 2017, 16:29
Hey folks,

I wanted to pop into this thread to share some news. We've been pretty impressed with what Samarex has been able to accomplish with the extension. As you know, we've been working behind the scenes to produce an official Starfinder ruleset as well. We reached out to Samarex and offered for him to join our official team working on the official launch. This means a few things.

1) His efforts will help shape the official version to be the best possible version it can be. Zeus and I have already been working on it and it's pretty far along at this stage. Samarex should be able to help us get it the rest of the way and out the door a little faster than if it was just Zeus and I working on it.
2) Ongoing maintenance and bug-fixes will now be handled faster as we have another resource
3) As the official version is a paid-for version, Samarex will receive some commissions on any sales of the products he works on
4) He will wrap up changes on this extension so he can focus on the official version fully. This extension and the official version will likely have some incompatibilities going forward, so end-users will need to choose which version they want to use in the long-term. We expect most people will likely migrate over to the official version once it is released.

Samarex joining the official team working on Starfinder was completely optional. Smiteworks would be putting out an official version with or without him joining the team, but him joining should provide an even better play environment for all Starfinder fans.

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2017, 16:44
Great news. And great work Samarex!

Blahness98
November 3rd, 2017, 17:04
Congrats Samarex! Been following this for a while and have been impressed.

trobadork
November 3rd, 2017, 18:33
Great News ! Congratulations Samarex !

damned
November 3rd, 2017, 23:07
Onya Samarex good work!

Erin Righ
November 3rd, 2017, 23:07
Great news, see I told ya you'd be getting Caffeine and Nicotine money from somewhere

Samarex
November 4th, 2017, 00:24
Thank You everyone.
As a Note for the extension and other products here.
1- I will finish up the Spells Library so it will be compatible with SCgen (should be this weekend).
2- I will continue to support these products in the state they are in. Meaning I will handle any bug fixes that might pop up, but will not be able to add any more functionality to the project.
3- If a Minor add-on can be done, I will try but no Major changes will be made.

I have enjoyed creating this project for everyone to use.
Enjoy and see you all among the Stars......
Regards
Russell (aka Samarex)

Samarex
November 4th, 2017, 03:55
Starfinder Spells Library 1.2 SGen Compatable

The Spells Library has been updated. It is now compatible with the Starfinder Creature Generator.
File is on Front post. Attachment shows a generation. I think about 95% of the spells will import when you generate.
Some are because the way I set up the variable spells others just might be naming differences between NPC Stat block and the Library. But the non found spells will still populate, but will just need to be replaced from the Library. [As seen with Flight.

If all your spells don't show up when you generate. Look at the Stat block you copied in and there might be spaces between spells in a line. Delete the space and generate again they should all show.
There was only one minor change to the SCGen extension. Ver 1.1 removed the leftover debug that showed in chat.
Enjoy
Samarex

thecause80
November 6th, 2017, 15:31
Ok so Ive spent like an hour looking for the answer on the forums and cant find it. How do i use the mod files? There is no guide i can find on how to use community created content and its very frustrating

ddavison
November 6th, 2017, 15:35
1. Go to your Data Folder (launch FG and click the folder icon on the upper right)
2. Place any mod files in your modules folder
3. Place any ext files in your extensions folder
4. Re-launch FG and activate extensions when you load your ruleset
5. Once inside your campaign, activate your modules within the Library > Modules folder

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2017, 15:42
Ok so Ive spent like an hour looking for the answer on the forums and cant find it. How do i use the mod files? There is no guide i can find on how to use community created content and its very frustrating
Doug gave you the short of it, but you may still want to check out the Wiki. Here are the specific instructions you are looking for;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Modules

thecause80
November 6th, 2017, 16:08
thank you both for the quick reply

Samarex- I noticed that the exocortex and droid mechanic have the same proficeinces. Choosing exocortex should give you heavy armor and longarm proficeincies

Erin Righ
November 6th, 2017, 20:39
And welcome to the forums

Samarex
November 6th, 2017, 21:19
thank you both for the quick reply

Samarex- I noticed that the exocortex and droid mechanic have the same proficeinces. Choosing exocortex should give you heavy armor and longarm proficeincies

I will look at it this morning.

Samarex
November 6th, 2017, 22:02
Fixed- Added them to the Combat Tracking Feature. They can be dragged from there.

Ver 2,2 on front page

rpotor
November 7th, 2017, 21:32
I don't know if this has been reported already or not (sorry if it was). Anyways, attached picture says it all, hope this will help in debugging it.

Samarex
November 7th, 2017, 22:00
I don't know if this has been reported already or not (sorry if it was). Anyways, attached picture says it all, hope this will help in debugging it.

Thanks I repeated it.
I will see if I can find were to fix it. Its becouse the NPC Sheet its a "string" when it goes to the CT it turns to a "number". but it's not turning back to a "string" when you try and open the NPC from the CT.

I will look for it.

Samarex

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2017, 22:25
When links to non-PCs are clicked in the combat tracker in any CoreRPG ruleset, it opens an NPC record display window with the combat tracker record data. This allows creatures to be customized once added to the combat tracker. So, the combat tracker fields much match the same fields and data types as the NPC fields.

Hope that helps,
JPG

Samarex
November 8th, 2017, 08:42
When links to non-PCs are clicked in the combat tracker in any CoreRPG ruleset, it opens an NPC record display window with the combat tracker record data. This allows creatures to be customized once added to the combat tracker. So, the combat tracker fields much match the same fields and data types as the NPC fields.

Hope that helps,
JPG
Starfinder Conversion Extension 3.3.5 Released and on the Front page.
This fixes the EAC (ac_touch) error when opening a NPC from the Combat Tracker.
Thanks Moon. I found it.
I added ac_touch to the CT for EAC and did everything just like AC is. except in the CT I called it ac_touch, unlike AC is called ac_final in the CT.
So I just went and rename it to ac_touch_final (and everything involved in that of course).
Works now no Error

rpotor
November 8th, 2017, 19:25
Starfinder Conversion Extension 3.3.5 Released and on the Front page.
This fixes the EAC (ac_touch) error when opening a NPC from the Combat Tracker.

Whoa, now that's what you call lightning fast customer service :D

Samarex
November 10th, 2017, 12:19
While waiting to get setup and started I thought I would see if I could input something for Starships
Got NPC in.....

pauljmendoza
November 14th, 2017, 04:10
First of all, thank you so much for all of this work to tide us over. Happy players! However, I wanted to point out that the Theme Abilities window was not resizing with the rest of the character sheet!

Faelwen
November 15th, 2017, 09:48
Hi there,

Splendid work!

I did find a minor issue with CGen, though.

On my side, I've started to prepare a module containing the Alien Archive content. However, I've noticed that unlike what they do in Pathfinder products, Paizo has decided to list attribute bonuses rather than attribute scores (for instance "Str +2" instead of "Str 14"). The same standard is used in the CRB, Starfinder society scenarios and Adventure paths. The only exception I've found are the iconic characters.

During import, CGen doesn't see the difference and will import whatever it finds (after all, a number is a number :-P). However, the ruleset will treat these fields as if they were attribute scores, so doing an attribute check will use the wrong bonuses.

I guess a quick fix would be to calculate attribute_score = 10+(2*attribute_bonus) while parsing before filling the attribute fields.

Samarex
November 17th, 2017, 14:23
Hi there,

Splendid work!

I did find a minor issue with CGen, though.

On my side, I've started to prepare a module containing the Alien Archive content. However, I've noticed that unlike what they do in Pathfinder products, Paizo has decided to list attribute bonuses rather than attribute scores (for instance "Str +2" instead of "Str 14"). The same standard is used in the CRB, Starfinder society scenarios and Adventure paths. The only exception I've found are the iconic characters.

During import, CGen doesn't see the difference and will import whatever it finds (after all, a number is a number :-P). However, the ruleset will treat these fields as if they were attribute scores, so doing an attribute check will use the wrong bonuses.

I guess a quick fix would be to calculate attribute_score = 10+(2*attribute_bonus) while parsing before filling the attribute fields.

Did just that here is the fix...
File posted on first post 21492

Regards
Samarex

Erin Righ
November 18th, 2017, 02:47
Did just that here is the fix...
File posted on first post 21492

Regards
Samarex

Good effort mate, but the calculations are wrong, a +2 STR equals 14 a +4 equals 18 and a +1 equals 12

Samarex
November 18th, 2017, 05:28
Good effort mate, but the calculations are wrong, a +2 STR equals 14 a +4 equals 18 and a +1 equals 12

Ok got it mostly working. but it not reading the data the way I need it too. The data gets set a "string" but it just gets the number not the -/+ so a -1 gets read as a 1
How can I get this to read the -/+?

function parseStatistics(creature,data)
local str,dex,con,int,wis,cha;
local bab,cmb,cmd,babcmd,lang;
local err, errmsg;
local tmp;
local termChars = {',',';'};

-- parse Staistics
tmp = getLineByName('Str',data,creature.mark_statistics, (nil == creature.mark_ecology and #data or creature.mark_ecology));
str = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Str',tmp,termChars) ,0);
dex = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Dex',tmp,termChars) ,0);
con = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Con',tmp,termChars) ,0);
int = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Int',tmp,termChars) ,0);
wis = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Wis',tmp,termChars) ,0);
cha = getBonusNumber(getValueByName('Cha',tmp,termChars) ,0);
Debug.console("creaturegen.lua","parseStatistics","str",str);
creature.str = 10 + (str * 2);
creature.dex = 10 + (dex * 2);
creature.con = 10 + (con * 2);
creature.int = 10 + (int * 2);
creature.wis = 10 + (wis * 2);
creature.cha = 10 + (cha * 2);

function getBonusNumber(str, type)
if (not str) then return '0'; end
if (not type) then type = 1; end

local retval = '0';
local locStart = 0;
local locEnd = #str;
local num;

str = str:gsub('%s','');
if type == 0 then
num = str:match('%d+');
if num then
retval = num;
else
retval = '0'
end
elseif type == 1 then
num = str:match('%+%d+');
if num == nil then
num = str:match('%-%d+');
if num == nil then
num = str:match('%d+');
if num == nil then
num = '0';
end
end
end
retval = num;
end
return retval;
end

Moon Wizard
November 18th, 2017, 09:42
When I've had to translate from a string to a number, you can usually just use the tonumber() function.
If you need to translate a dice expression, it's more complex, but there is a StringManager.convertStringToDice function that handles that situation.
And it you need a function that evaluates operators, including multiplication and division, you can look at StringManager.evalDiceMathExpression

Cheers,
JPG

Samarex
November 18th, 2017, 12:42
Thanks moon will look at that.

Samarex
November 18th, 2017, 13:54

Ok got it fixed Starfinder CGen Version 1.3 on front page.

Ability Score input. Now inputs Ability Score to match the Bonus level from Stat Block so a Str +4 in the stat block will input a Str 18 in the NPC sheet. a Str -1 will input a Str 8 on NPC Sheet.

Samarex

Erin Righ
November 18th, 2017, 17:33
Thanks Russ

circette
December 7th, 2017, 03:47
Hi,

I am getting an error when attempting to resolve damage from a spell across multiple targets. The error is:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1255: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonusByType' (a nil value)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2017, 05:16
Hi,

I am getting an error when attempting to resolve damage from a spell across multiple targets. The error is:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1255: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonusByType' (a nil value)

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Please: First thing to do is verify that you have all other extensions disabled. Second thing is to make sure you have updated FG and have the latest version of this in your FG Data folder. Third thing is to start a new campaign and see if the issue duplicates. Or let us know that you've done those things and you are still having a problem (those account for about 80-90% of script errors).

Edit: Oh, and welcome!

circette
December 7th, 2017, 18:01
Please: First thing to do is verify that you have all other extensions disabled. Second thing is to make sure you have updated FG and have the latest version of this in your FG Data folder. Third thing is to start a new campaign and see if the issue duplicates. Or let us know that you've done those things and you are still having a problem (those account for about 80-90% of script errors).

Edit: Oh, and welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I had deleted and reinstalled latest version of Fantasy Grounds (v3.3.3) and the starfinder conversion ext. Ran my campaign with no other extensions and I was able to recreate it. Based on your advice I started a new campaign and was able to replicate there as well.

EDIT: Just want to point out its only the spells I can't do mulit damage ranged and melee work fine.

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2017, 20:05
Thanks for the warm welcome. I had deleted and reinstalled latest version of Fantasy Grounds (v3.3.3) and the starfinder conversion ext. Ran my campaign with no other extensions and I was able to recreate it. Based on your advice I started a new campaign and was able to replicate there as well.
Great, thanks for doing all that. It helps cut down on trouble shooting for Samarex. He's been attentive to this thread and I'm sure he will be along soon to see what he can do to get things fixed.

Jonbens
January 4th, 2018, 02:45
How do I install the update for Pathfinder? I'd like to give this a try.

Samarex
January 4th, 2018, 04:36

EDIT: Just want to point out its only the spells I can't do mulit damage ranged and melee work fine.

This has been fixed. Version 3.5.6 is loaded on main post.

Sorry for the delay but been extremely busy on the official rule set.....

Samarex

Trenloe
January 4th, 2018, 06:53
How do I install the update for Pathfinder? I'd like to give this a try.
Download the extension in post #1 and activate it in a new PFRPG campaign.

Octavious
January 6th, 2018, 06:40
Hi, been working with this Starfinder and have found a few bugs.. A lot of the Sub Skills are linked to "Computer " Sub skills.. Such as Engineering sub skills are linked to Computer Sub skills , same goes for Piloting, Medicine ,Mysticism Sub skills are all linked to Computer sub skills ..

Treviron Riaxx
January 7th, 2018, 19:06
Yeah most of the skills that have link boxes in them all seem to use the computer links.... until it gets fixed, I simply wrote in the entire descriptions from the book into it. And engineering is not the only skill broken that way, every single one that uses links are broken.

Ken L
January 7th, 2018, 19:41
The extension is open source, so you can fix the bugs if you're willing to roll up your sleeves. Sam is working on the official ruleset that will be released by FG. You can keep using this extension but it's unlikely to be enhanced further.

Treviron Riaxx
January 7th, 2018, 20:01
Yeah I know about the FG version which will be nice by the look of it. I have a friend that's been poking me relentlessly to get a campaign going so I might get her to tweak the files, since she keeps saying she'd be open to do code it herself. (too much time on her hands I guess or wants to play it that badly lol). At least until the official release is available.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2018, 20:04
It's fine to use this now.

Don't let waiting for a full ruleset, or lots of details and automation in this extension, stop you. Get in and play - just do some stuff manually. You'll still have more automation that you would playing face-to-face.

Treviron Riaxx
January 7th, 2018, 20:07
I don't mind the manual work, just my friends autistic about it, really stubborn.. so gives her something to do while I work on things on my end gm wise rofl.

drakonin
January 8th, 2018, 15:03
I know this is official coming out soon but I wanted to say this is amazing and while I didn't get the chance to play an actual game with this I did make many...many characters and played a quick scenario against myself. Thank you for all the hard work that went into this.

Treviron Riaxx
January 14th, 2018, 01:03
Been able to fix the skills issue, was because the xml code kept pointing at the computer ID rather than respective. Glad this error existed otherwise I wouldn't of dug into the xml and look at how it's all coded in etc.