PDA

View Full Version : Ack!!! Why isn't there an undo function!?!?!? A favor to ask...

troymhallman
October 14th, 2017, 16:59
So, I'm going to be running DDAL07-01 City on the Edge for my group soon, in Fantasy Grounds. Being that it is not yet available as a FG module, I'm building it myself. I found a rumor table in ToA (I'll be running that after CotE) that I moved over to the CotE campaign and then started editing it--thinking that I would only be editing the local version in my custom campaign. Well, I was mistaken. It appears that I have permanently altered the original table from ToA (and I didn't get a chance to restore back-up quickly enough).

Thus, I have a favor to ask. Could someone with ToA post the 1-17 dice roll rumors from the "Chult Rumors" Table? Those are the only ones I started to mess around with. Thanks bunches.

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2017, 17:36
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't have made a permanent change on a purchased module. Have you tried reverting the change in the campaign of interest?

You also have periodic (daily?) backups that you can go back to if needed. But if I understand what happened, shouldn't be necessary in this case.

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2017, 17:38
You can't permanently overwrite something in a protected module. To get back to the original table right click on the line in the table list for the table that you amended and select 'revert changes'. Note that this will permanently delete your changes. If you want to preserve the changes you made export the campaign to a module.

EDIT: also, of course, such copyright material could not be posted here.

Wolfheart
October 14th, 2017, 18:54
Yeah I miss an Undo button, yesterday I accidentally deleted a long block of text :-(

celestian
October 14th, 2017, 19:01
Yeah I miss an Undo button, yesterday I accidentally deleted a long block of text :-(

If it's a text box you should be able to use control-Z to restore what you just deleted in that case.

Talen
October 14th, 2017, 19:07
If it's a text box you should be able to use control-Z to restore what you just deleted in that case.

Son of a gun! I did NOT know that helpful bit of info within FG.

Wolfheart
October 14th, 2017, 21:43
Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the whole "page"

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2017, 22:05
ctrl-z is a windows thing. It should work with any set of text, a block or a whole page. I don't think it will work if you have deleted a database object (i.e. a story entry, a NPC, etc) but its always worth trying.

Other Windows commands you may like;
ctrl-x cut
ctrl-c copy
ctrl-v paste
ctrl-z undo
ctrl-y redo

Andraax
October 14th, 2017, 22:42
Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the whole "page"

Did you look for it in one of your backup databases?