PDA

View Full Version : Table Questions

BioPhreak
October 14th, 2017, 02:12
So I am not sure if this is the correct forum area as this isn't a break fix problem more of a 'how to' issue.

As per the screenshot I have attached, there is a table on the left that I would like to recreate the look when making a table. The built in shortcuts for tables do not do anything close to what was done on the left. My question is how do I recreate the professional look of the left with any table (non-random dice roll table) I wish to make in the future?

This is using 5e ruleset, fully licence FG on a Windows 10 client.

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2017, 04:32
That has to be done manually in the xml itself, it can EDIT: not be done through the UI. There is a post around somewhere (from a year ago?) that describes how to do it, but I have no idea what to search on to find the post.

Someone with a better memory than me or who has done this will be along to point you in the right direction :)

hehaub
October 14th, 2017, 16:06
I am very interested in this as well. I did find this
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23457-create-our-own-item-list/page2
which is a couple of years old. This has some good information in it. I am wondering if there is a page I am not seeing with an XML reference that lists the recognized by FG or if I am free to create my own reference names

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2017, 17:57
Sorry, I don't know about reference names :(

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2017, 22:03
Not sure if this is what you are looking for (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Structure_Overview_and_Best_Practices) or not.

Talyn
October 14th, 2017, 22:45
You can't. The image on the left is an Equipment List, which is completely separate from the simplistic HTML <table> you can create on the various page types.

@Ikael was working on a prototype block type to simulate that appearance on refpages but I suspect that's way on the back burner since he took over as Savage Worlds ruleset developer.

hehaub
October 15th, 2017, 02:38
You can't. The image on the left is an Equipment List, which is completely separate from the simplistic HTML <table> you can create on the various page types.

@Ikael was working on a prototype block type to simulate that appearance on refpages but I suspect that's way on the back burner since he took over as Savage Worlds ruleset developer.

I was trying combinations of types in the XML to get the result, but it would not render. I was guessing this was going to be the answer after seeing that behavior.
Thanks for the response
@ Zacchaeus - That is good information. Thanks for that

AlphaDecay
October 15th, 2017, 19:13
It's clunky but can be done with patience, time, and a decent xml editor like Notepad++... When I converted the Adventures in Middle Earth Players Handbook to FG I had to create a campaign, export it so it could be opened as a module in another campaign, and edit the XML file of the exported common.xml file. In the <library>...<entries> section you'll need something like:

<r05equipment>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>referenceindex</class>
<recordname>lists.equipment.equipmentlists</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Equipment</name>
</r05equipment>
The above gets you a link in the modules window when you click on it for Equipment. Then in the <lists> section you'll need something like:

<lists>
<equipment>
<equipmentlists>
<name type="string">Equipment</name>
<index>
<r01gear>
<name type="string">Adventuring Gear</name>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_adventuringgeartable</class>
<recordname>lists.equipment.gear</recordname>
</listlink>
</r01gear>
</index>
</equipmentlists>
</equipment>
...other categories to follow...

That gets you a pop-up window with different categories that shows up when you click on the Equipment link in the module. Each category (like the Adventuring Gear one above) refers to another list. For example my ammunition section looks like:

<gear>
<description type="string">Adventuring Gear</description>
<groups>
<r01ammunition>
<description type="string">Ammunition</description>
<equipment>
<id-00066>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>reference_equipment</class>
<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00066</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Arrows (20)</name>
<cost type="string">1s</cost>
<weight type="number">1</weight>
</id-00066>
<id-00067>
<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00067</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Sling Bullets (20)</name>
<cost type="string">4c</cost>
<weight type="number">1.5</weight>
</id-00067>
</equipment>
</r01ammunition>
...other groups to follow...

Once done it looks just like the official FG content.

Talyn
October 15th, 2017, 19:21
My impression of what he wanted was to duplicate the appearance, not to actually create an equipment list?

AlphaDecay
October 16th, 2017, 22:56
Its the only way I know of (other than an extension of some sort) to make a table in that format. The equipment list is just an example, he could name the fields whatever he wants.

Bidmaron
October 16th, 2017, 23:08
AlphaDecay, can you show us a screen shot of what your xml looks like?

Mgrancey
October 24th, 2017, 22:35
I can help with this a bit, but most of my experience is with Savage Worlds rather than DnD 5e.

<gear>
<description type="string">Adventuring Gear</description>
<groups>
<r01ammunition>
<description type="string">Ammunition</description>
<equipment>
<id-00066>
<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00066</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Arrows (20)</name>
<cost type="string">1s</cost>
<weight type="number">1</weight>
</id-00066>
<id-00067>
<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00067</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">Sling Bullets (20)</name>
<cost type="string">4c</cost>
<weight type="number">1.5</weight>
</id-00067>
</equipment>
</r01ammunition>

Inside the code of the XML for modules you can see a XML tag called <class></class>, look for BOLD and Underline above.

There are a handful of basic window classes:

imagewindow,
referencetext,
referenceindex,
item,
npc,

Then each particular rules set will have additional window classes. As an example Savage Worlds has:

EDGE, (edges and hinderances)
Power,
categorisedlist,
referencetext_narrow,
referencetext_wide.

DnD and Pathfinder as an example has:

Spell
Feat
reference_equipment
reference_adventuringgeartable

DnD's reference_adventuringgeartable and Savage Worlds categorisedlist, are both specialized windows linked to LUA code. Depending on what you want the table to contain, you should be able to make a window, by simply referencing that windowclass in the XML. HOWEVER, it is probably specialized to reference and use specific items, I haven't looked at 5e recently so couldn't say but there are probably different window classes for different items such as:

reference_armortable
reference_weapontable
reference_magicitemtable
reference_spelltable

Finally, you can create a new windowclass and have it used by a rulesset via an Extension, its been a couple of years but if I remember correctly I put together a Headquarters windowclass for Savage Worlds. Pretty sure someone took it, fixed it up included it into the main rules set. Not to hard if you have some experience with website construction via hand coding and XML experience.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_and_Module_Data_File_Overview