PDA

View Full Version : Interest check: Saturday Night 5e

Vannevar47
October 14th, 2017, 01:44
All this, as you'll gather, is very preliminary and open to change depending on circumstances of players who join me.

FG License: GM has Ultimate, players only need demo.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: US Central (currently UTC-5).
Day of week and time: Saturday 7:00pm, give or take an hour or two.
If new game, planned start date: TBD.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hours per session or possibly longer, weekly; open to "side sessions" if most or all players are available on a given night.
Term: Long term.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TBD, probably Discord.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Ideally 50/50, with a decent amount of problem solving.
Number of Players in game & needed: Need 5-6 players.
Character starting level & equipment: TBD, probably starting at level 1 or 2.
Character restrictions: PHB and Unearthed Arcana, open to 3rd party sources if you're particularly convincing.

Details of your scenario: I have extensive GMing experience in the past, and am now returning after a couple years working chaotic hours (which have only somewhat improved lately, which is why I'm setting this on Saturday, as it's the one night I can commit to). This is my first time with FG, however, and my first time with 5e. I am intensively studying both, and should be ready to go in a couple weeks or so, but I will certainly need this to be a collaborative experience for me. I'm looking for patient players who can help me learn the ropes of FG and 5e as we go.

I'm also looking for players who are reliable as far as weekly attendance, who are committed to making the game interesting and enjoyable for everyone, who enjoy bonding with other players with a shared experience, and who have an awesome sense of humor -- although I have no intention of running a comedic campaign, and can in fact be quite dark at times, nothing says "fun" like players with a good sense of humor.

As for what I should run, here's where the poll comes in: what are people interested in?

This isn't an official recruitment thread, but it's certainly the first place I'll come when I'm ready to fire the starting crossbow, which will hopefully be quite soon. Please vote and chime in if you're interested!

davothehutt
October 14th, 2017, 04:52
I'm down if you'd like to give it a try. That time frame works for me and I'm reasonably familiar with FG (having playing using it a number of times) and 5E (having run a number of tabletop campaigns. I've been trying to find a game to join online as my regular playing group has been reduced in frequency due to everyone's crazy schedule. Hit me up if you are going to start!

Craig8888
October 14th, 2017, 21:49
I'd be interested. Same as davothehutt, played a fair amount of FG and 5E. The timeframe works for me too, although I would prefer an hour earlier if you can swing it. I am an early riser for work :-). Fire me a message if you get it going. In any case, I wish you a good time playing!

Edit: I suppose a bit more about me to respond to your post. I am reliable on weekly attendance and I like an interesting and enjoyable game. I definitely am onside with the rule of fun.

Vannevar47
October 15th, 2017, 03:20
Looks like SKT is winning. Anyway, I think an actual recruitment thread will be forthcoming in the next few days, and I'll "soft close" this thread then. Meanwhile, everyone else who might be interested, come in and vote!

Vannevar47
October 17th, 2017, 01:42
About to post an official recruitment thread, so I am "soft closing" this thread. Moderators, feel free to lock it down completely. Thanks. :-)