PDA

View Full Version : 5e d&d Wednesday 7-10 PST need a few more players

Tekkra
October 14th, 2017, 01:27
My Wednesday night campaign is coming to an end. They started at level 1 and before long will be level 20. It has been a good year of running this campaign and it will come to an end in about 3 weeks. I am then going to start up a new one starting back at level one. Three of my players will be be staying around, but I would like to get back up to 5 people.

I don't have 100% of everything figured out right now, but what I do know is as follows. I like to get my players input before making the final decision.

We will start at character level 1
You will be in the Sword Coast Campaign Setting.
I expect to play these characters to about level 18 - this should be a good years worth of play or so.
I am looking for most likely 2 more players to join the group.
We use discord for 99% of our communication both during sessions and between them during the week.

I am leaning towards doing some old 3.5 stuff that I will convert into 5e, but there are still other options available. Also nobody has decided on what classes they want to play, although some are leaning in a certain direction.
For some of the players this was their first introduction to d&d and any experienced players would be greatly appreciated to help them refine their d&d skill set, but don't feel that is a requirement.

CulpableGlint80
October 14th, 2017, 05:06
Hello!

My friend and I are looking for a game and this sounds like a near perfect fit for us. We both are proficient with the FG program and know 5e rules.

Characters: My friend prefers ranged classes, ranger, wizard, druid, ect. I like to get up close and personal, particularly beefy classes like berserker or fighter, but we are both open to suggestion or whatever the party may need.

Experience: We have both run most of the Lost Mines of Phandelver module before the DM started to run into scheduling conflicts and had to resign. We are comfortable with RP and love to experience the story of the adventure just as much as killing the baddies along the way.

We both currently use Discord as our main form of communication and know its workings in and out as well.
As an added bonus neither of us has run any of the 3.5 modules so we would be experiencing them for the first time.
The only thing I would ask is if the time could be moved forward slightly as we are in CST two hours ahead of you guys. But if not I am certain we could roll with the current time, just drink more coffee in the morning.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Tylindell28
October 14th, 2017, 05:10
This sounds fun. I am experienced in 5e and fg and would enjoy being a part of a long term campaign. I currently have nothing going on on Wednesdays at 10, so if you still have room, I would like to join. I prefer casters the most, and my favs are clerics and warlocks, but I can be flexible. I try to think outside of the box on what my character can do, and I use the rules to help me do this, but I am not a rules lawyer and I don't try to break the game. For example, I won't ask if I can use the mending cantrip to fix 40 shattered bottles, or the ray of frost cantrip to create an icy pathway for me to slide off the side of a catsle or some ****. I do however, look for out of the box words for the command spell like "obfuscate" or "stasis", or I might use the light cantrip on a scrap of paper, shove it in a bottle, stick that over the pointy end of an arrow and fire it in a random direction as a distraction while I sneak the other direction. Anyways, if you still have room and don't mind my joining, I'd like to sign on. I can also help with effect coding.

1ifeblood
October 14th, 2017, 06:03
I've been looking for a Wednesday night game at this specific time for over a month now because it's literally the only free time I have available. With my hectic work schedule and family life, I need a time that I can let my creative energies flow and indulge in something fantastical. Roleplaying has always been my outlet in some form or another over the past 25 years, but D&D is absolutely first choice. I get the most out of it when the entire group is able to contribute their own style and technique into the storyline, creating something that never would have existed within the dynamics of any other group. For me, it's not about creating a character that can withstand encounters better than the next. But rather the development of an idea, a personality, a fictional life into something that directly reflects the environment it was created to survive in. When I make a character, I don't "plan" his level progression because I don't know what experiences he will have undergone to influence the choices he'll make in the future. I'm not looking to reach some predetermined structure of dominance...I want to let the character grow in a manner that reflects the influences of everyone involved. I would love to play in your campaign and am flexible in all manners of character creation. I typically let all others choose what they want to play and then allow the constraints of necessity to challenge me in creating a character I may not have thought of otherwise. As for my experiences with FG... I've been around for quite some time and played in many games as well as ran some myself. But most importantly, and this is why I'm eager to join your group... I'm dedicated to what I commit to. The fact that you've played consistently for so long to see your characters grow to the very state of Ascension...appeals to me as a player in a way I've yet to experience in ANY campaign I've ever been a part of. It would truly be an honor to join your group.

Tekkra
October 14th, 2017, 06:30
Thanks for the interest I will private message everyone in the next day here with some more info.