PDA

View Full Version : 5E errors after update

Azaran
October 13th, 2017, 20:48
Hi,

I'm getting lots of script errors after update. my campaign loads with data_desktop_5E.lua 9 attempt to call field 'addDataModuleSet a nil value, followed by manager_effect_5E.lua 7 attempt to call field registerEffectVar a nil value.

I have all extensions and modules removed or disabled, this is just vanilla 5E.

Opening inventory on the charactersheets shows lines and lines of script errors also.

Had to abandon tonights game unfortunately.

Best regards,

Az

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2017, 21:03
Check your rulesets subfolder under the FG data directory. (Via button in upper right of launch screen). Remove any subfolders in the rulesets folder. It sounds like you have unpacked an older version of the CoreRPG ruleset.

If that’s not the case, try deleting CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak in the rulesets folder, and then running a new update.

If still an issue, please post a screenshot showing the chat window output after you launch campaign which shows version numbers.

In general, we also recommend not updating right before a game.

Regards,
JPG

Azaran
October 13th, 2017, 21:29
Thanks Moon, you are a hero. I was following the anatomy of a ruleset a couple of weeks ago trying to run a d100 out of corerpg. I still had it unzipped :)

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2017, 21:33
Yeah, unzipped folders will override the installed .pak, .mod and .ext files. This allows content developers to work on new content, without having to repack all the time or worry about their stuff getting overwritten on updates.

Glad you got it figured out.

Cheers,
JPG