PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Initiative

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 03:20
I'm having trouble with the combat tracker. I have the PCs and the NPCs in the tracker. The best way to explain my problem is to give an example:
Let's suppose we have the following:
12 PC 1
10 NPC 1
9 PC 2

Starting round one at the top (I will use "*" for the initiative indicator) we have:
* 12 PC 1
10 NPC 1
9 PC 2

The problem comes in when I advance the indicator to the next actor in initiative:
12 PC 1
10 NPC 1
* 9 PC 2

As you have noticed, it skips the NPC's initiative. This happens no matter what round it is.

Another problem I'm having is how to reset the initiative back to round 1 without using the long or short rest buttons.

P.S. This is all done as GM.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2017, 03:39
If the NPC is still hidden and you have the option set to skip hidden actors then it will miss out the NPC.

To reset the rounds just click in the number field and type zero.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 03:40
The NPCs are not hidden, but still skips.

LordEntrails
October 13th, 2017, 04:39
Extensions?

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 04:41
None active.

LordEntrails
October 13th, 2017, 04:49
Well if there are not hidden and you don't have any extensions I think you are going to have to give us some screen shots. No idea what else could be causing the problem.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 04:50
I'll give some as soon as the FG loads one of the modules I'm using.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 05:16
Here's the screenshots you requested. Skipper is Svipdagr's familiar. The first screenshot shows the initiative rolls before round 1 starts. The second shows what happened after the Next Actor button is pressed. The third shows that Skipper gets skipped so that the next to go after actor 1 is actor 3. The last one shows that the hill giants get skipped.

The screenshots also show that the hill giants are not hidden.

1: 20993
2: 20994
3: 20995
4: 20996

Nickademus
October 13th, 2017, 06:24
Skipper and the hill giants are indeed hidden. If you look at the eye symbol next to their tokens in the CT there you can see that it is grayed-out (not the most obvious of indicators). Click the eye symbol will reveal them in the CT and stop FG from skipping over them. Or, you can turn the option off to skip hidden actors in the option menu.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 08:00
You are right. It is not the most obvious of symbols. I thought just revealing the creatures on the map was enough. It should be reported as a "bug."

damned
October 13th, 2017, 08:55
It is not however a bug. t is working as intended...

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 08:59
Therein lies the problem. It's also why I put the word bug in quotes meaning that is a bug only on the user side and not on the programmer side.

Or you could put it this way: It is a bug in that there's missing info on how to use that feature. At least, there's nothing I can find, even in the wiki.

damned
October 13th, 2017, 09:20
It is in the User Guide - its about 150 pages worth :) Have a look in the Combat Tracker section - probably under GM View.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2017, 09:28
Final bullet point and sub bullet points in this Wiki article on the Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Combat_Tracker#DM_View_-_Basics)

JohnD
October 13th, 2017, 15:37
You are right. It is not the most obvious of symbols. I thought just revealing the creatures on the map was enough. It should be reported as a "bug."

It's not a bug, revealing tokens on the map is the wrong way to do it; everything runs off of the CT.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 15:50
I know that it was not a bug. That's why I put the word bug in quotes.

I've read through the wiki and never saw that. Or I didn't understand that. The reason I like revealing the creatures on the map is there's an option to make the visibility mask sensitive. There doesn't seem to be that option in the combat tracker.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2017, 16:10
Tokens that are under the mask will be invisible to players on the map and if the are in a cleared area and move back under the mask they will also disappear for the players. You can then use the 'eye' icon in the CT to hide the token from the players on the CT or leave it on whichever is your preference. The mask sensitivity option is so that the DM can handle an invisible NPC; who might start under the mask but should remain invisible when they move into a non-masked area.

Trenloe
October 13th, 2017, 17:00
The reason I like revealing the creatures on the map is there's an option to make the visibility mask sensitive. There doesn't seem to be that option in the combat tracker.
See "Token Visibility" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Visibility Second paragraph. NPC visibility from the combat tracker is by default mask sensitive when made visible.