PDA

View Full Version : d20-SRD write protected? trying to customize

mrannah
February 25th, 2006, 05:31
I was wanting to add some of the classes from the 'complete' series, and i seem not to be able to edit the files. If i have to refer back to the book instead of being able to input the data, so be it, but i'd rather be able to input it for my own campaign play.

Am i missing something?

or is this something i should just let go?

DarkStar
February 25th, 2006, 09:51
But you did check the file permissions in Windows? ;)

Thore_Ironrock
February 25th, 2006, 14:13
I was wanting to add some of the classes from the 'complete' series, and i seem not to be able to edit the files. If i have to refer back to the book instead of being able to input the data, so be it, but i'd rather be able to input it for my own campaign play.
Am i missing something?
or is this something i should just let go?

As a bundle of computer code, the CSRD is not write-protected, so it is likely a permissions issue on your end.

On the flip side of this issue, I do have to mention that if you alter the ruleset you do so for yourself only and not distribute the code, per your purchase agreement. Sorry to get legal, but I do have to mention it. I don't mind if people alter it for their own use, just that they do not distribute it.

;)

mrannah
February 26th, 2006, 02:05
i understand about not distributing it and i assure you i have no intentions of any kind of distribution of any alterations. simply changes for my campaign, nothing more.

I'll look into the permissions issue, thanks for the feedback