PDA

View Full Version : LFP (2-3)- Long term group starting with Lost Mine of Phandelver- New Players welcome

Cabales
October 10th, 2017, 21:52
This session is full now. Thanks for all of your interest!

FG License: DM has a standard license, so players will need standrard or ultimate to connect.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone, US (GMT-5)
Day of week and time: Thursday evenings 20:30
Planned start date: 11/2
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, 3-4 hours
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: I’m going to say it will start out as 50/50, but that will likely fluctuate over time with different campaigns and adventures

Number of Players in game & needed: 2 in game 2-3 needed

Character starting level & equipment: 1st level with starting equipment
Character restrictions: PHB for our first campaign, but I want to introduce other sources over time.

Hi, I’m looking to start a long term gaming group of 5-6 people over FG. There are 3 of us so far and we are all pretty new to FG. The goal is to create a group of players that begin with 5E, but are open to rotating in other rulesets as desired. Ideally we would rotate GMs from time to time so that DMs can get a break if needed. I will begin as the DM and plan to run as the DM for several months. This will be my first time running a game as the DM in over 20 years. I’ve been preparing for this for a couple of months, but I’m sure there will be some bumps along the way. Things will only get smoother as time goes on.

What makes this group a little different from some others is that all 3 of us are new to FG and we’re interested in targeting others that are new to FG as well. That’s not to say you can’t join if you’re a seasoned vet, but we’re definitely hoping to offer a home to players who are trying to get into their first long term campaign.

None of us have played the official WoTC material before. The plan is to start off with Lost Mine of Phandelver and then move into a longer official campaign like Tyranny or Dragons or Princes of the Apocalypse. If you haven’t played a lot of the official WoTC material I’d consider that a plus and this is a good opportunity to experience it with others who are playing through it for the first time. I am also working on a homebrew campaign, but I want to make sure I have several months’ worth of content built in advance, so in the meantime we’ll play official stuff. I know the 3 of us are all excited about running those adventures anyway.

The 3 of us who are currently in the group are all about 40, so we’re a pretty mature group. We’re all committed to making this work, so please only apply if you feel confident that you’re in it for the long haul, assuming, of course, that the group is a good fit for you. I think I would describe our group as laid back and appreciative of good humor. You can expect a lot of jokes and laughing, but the campaign itself and the game situations and decisions will be serious. You won’t see any immersion breaking stuff in the campaign, but there will be a lot of OOC banter amongst the group.

If interested please send me a PM.