PDA

View Full Version : Extension: Enhanced Items v4

Llisandur
October 9th, 2017, 22:49
I have made some updates to the Enhanced Items extension for the Pathfinder ruleset. It incorporates both Sciencephile and Jwguy's original additions, plus a few others.
EDIT v4.1: Changed the GM only info field to formatted text so you can drop links, make tables, etc. in the field.
EDIT v4.2: Converted to merge instead of overwrite in record_item.xml thanks to rmilmine. Made compatible with the Size field used in CustomisedItemGenerator modified by rmilmine.
EDIT v4.21: Changed load order value to 50.

Included edits:

GM Only Info with formatted text
Wand/Staff Charges
Wondrous Item Slot
Source Book Information
Fixed Item Type Field Visibility

All of the type specific fields only display with the appropriate item type, the same as would originally happen with "Weapon" or "Armor" in the Type field. Additionally, I have fixed the problem where "Weapon" would show the additional fields, but "Magic Weapon" would not. Visibility of the type-specific fields depends on "Weapon", "Armor", "Wand", "Staff", or "Wondrous Item" exactly, with capitalization. Otherwise text before or after doesn't matter.

This version of the extension merges with record_item.xml and overwrites item_main.lua. Compatible with version 3.3.2. Compatible with CustomisedItemGenerator modified (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38761-CustomisedItemGenerator-Extension&p=503540&viewfull=1#post503540) by rmilmine.

Version 4.1 - 315 downloads
Version 4.2 - 20 downloads

Trenloe
October 9th, 2017, 23:23
Nicely done!

I assume this is v3.3.2 compatible?

If so, could you please mention that in post #1 for future version reference. Thanks!

Llisandur
October 10th, 2017, 00:24
Yes, it's compatible. I didn't even think of that, I always keep up-to-date with the latest version.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2017, 00:41
I always keep up-to-date with the latest version.
That's cool. But we have had a lot (and I mean a lot) of issues recently where extensions aren't compatible immediately after a FG update and GMs don't know what has, or hasn't, been updated. We've been advising that GMs who use extensions check the threads of the extensions they're using to make sure extensions are compatible. So, please, if you don't mind - indicate in post #1 what version of FG this is for. Then, in future, if you update the extension for a newer version of FG then indicate what is supported. This will help everyone to know straight away what version this is supposed to work in. Thanks.

EDIT: OK, I see you've done that. Thanks.

Llisandur
October 10th, 2017, 00:53
No problem. I've run into version issues with things before. I just didn't remember to add it this time.

dantedoom
October 10th, 2017, 06:42
Great work! Thanks!

Sargas
November 14th, 2018, 06:46
Hello
How can i access the extension ?
I activated it in the load campaign.

But how do i use it in the game session ?

Thanks
DM Sargas

Trenloe
November 14th, 2018, 13:28
But how do i use it in the game session ?
It adds extra fields to item records for recording/tracking additional data. See the screenshots and info in post #1.

It’s up to you which of the new fields you use and what additional data you track.

rmilmine
April 28th, 2020, 16:40
Quick question. I was looking at adding "Size" as a field and so I was looking at your code to find out how to do it.
What I wanted to know is what does the following do?

<windowclass name="item" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<subwindow_record name="main">
<script file="campaign/scripts/item_drop.lua" />
</subwindow_record>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

There does not appear to be an item_drop.lua file in that folder.

rmilmine
April 28th, 2020, 17:03
I was also wondering. What was the issue with formatting that caused the replacement of the windowclass instead of merging it?

rmilmine
April 29th, 2020, 20:02
After playing around with merging the item record I wasn't able to find any issues. Not really sure if maybe something has changed to remove whatever was wrong before, or I'm blind and did not see it when testing.
As is I have an updated version that just adds and formats the given fields.
I liked these additions and I have another extension that adds size to items so I wanted the to work together.

Here is the file.

Llisandur
May 6th, 2020, 22:33
I think I replaced the whole thing because the previous version that I was working off of did that. The version that you uploaded, however, has <label_column name="equipslot_label" insertbefore="aura_label"> which puts the wondrous item equip slot text/input in a null place. It makes two divider lines instead of showing the box. It should instead be <label_column name="equipslot_label" insertbefore="divider4"> like the wand charges. I'll upload a fixed version.

rmilmine
May 6th, 2020, 22:42
I think I replaced the whole thing because the previous version that I was working off of did that. The version that you uploaded, however, has <label_column name="equipslot_label" insertbefore="aura_label"> which puts the wondrous item equip slot text/input in a null place. It makes two divider lines instead of showing the box. It should instead be <label_column name="equipslot_label" insertbefore="divider4"> like the wand charges. I'll upload a fixed version.

I'm blind didn't even notice that.

Llisandur
May 6th, 2020, 23:04
Version 4.2 has been uploaded on the first post.

rmilmine
May 13th, 2020, 04:33
There was a problem with one of my extensions that adds a list to the record_item.xml file clobbering the script from all other record_item.xml file changes.
I had to make it load at a particular time frame, I also had to load all my other ones after it to ensure scripts worked.
I have the offending script, Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder, loading at 40.
Customised Item Generator for 3.5E and Pathfinder now loads at 55.
and Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder loads at 60.

The last 2 replicate your script to ensure your changes replicate with my extensions.
I'm really not sure why but they were only letting one script run, the last one to load won this race.
So if you could set <loadorder></loadorder to somewhere between 40 and 55 I would be forever greatful.
This would allow for all of these extensions to co-exist.
If someone could tell me why the scripts are only allowing one version to run even though 3 of them define their own script.
I'm guessing it's a filename thing.

Thanks.

Llisandur
May 15th, 2020, 22:11
Load order is now set to 50.

Khaiszer
August 6th, 2020, 18:20
I already activated but I can not find how to use it?
It is already compatible with the latest version?

bmos
August 10th, 2020, 02:05
I already activated but I can not find how to use it?
It is already compatible with the latest version?It's compatible. Just open the item info (with the link icon) and there should be more fields (esp on things like wands).

bmos
August 12th, 2020, 11:27
One of my users had an error 38505 that I tracked back to a field your extension creates (the error's line number doesn't match your extension because it's my copy of the same script that is triggering the error).
Did you use node type string originally on that field in an old version and only later switch to formattedtext? Just curious and trying to understand what happened.

Also, unrelated suggestion (which I would be happy to submit to your code if you are interested but don't want to spend the time on it):
unidentified cost. replace cost info on items with enhancement bonus with masterwork cost (since it would obviously be masterwork, but true cost would require appraise or spellcraft).

Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/51/view)

brendude
January 18th, 2022, 21:03
I don't seem to be able to see the GM Notes field on any items. Any idea what could be causing this? The charges for wands is visible and working correctly.

bmos
January 27th, 2022, 17:30
I don't seem to be able to see the GM Notes field on any items. Any idea what could be causing this? The charges for wands is visible and working correctly.
Have you tried turning off any other extensions you're using?
I am not seeing this issue.

Arimil508
February 24th, 2023, 04:10
Hi I am having an issue with your wonderful extension.
it does not seem to be working right at all.
i mean the GM notes section in the item shows fine but non of the context fields
I tested in a test campaign with no other mods.

bmos
February 24th, 2023, 13:17
Hi I am having an issue with your wonderful extension.
it does not seem to be working right at all.
i mean the GM notes section in the item shows fine but non of the context fields
I tested in a test campaign with no other mods.

Thanks for reporting that! I'd missed one of the changes in yesterday's big update.
I have pushed updates to 3 of my extensions as a result of your report.

Arimil508
February 24th, 2023, 15:16
No problem I am happy to help

Metzar
April 8th, 2024, 00:14
Error with this extension.
When I open any item window, it throws an error
[ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (contentframe) in windowclass (item)

FGU v4.5.4

bmos
April 8th, 2024, 01:02
Error with this extension.
When I open any item window, it throws an error
[ERROR] window: Control (main) anchoring to an undefined control (contentframe) in windowclass (item)

FGU v4.5.4I'm not seeing this issue.
What version of Enhanced Items are you running? It should post that in the chat when you load the campaign.

Metzar
April 8th, 2024, 19:42
This is the version that I have installed (by forge suscription)
Enhanced Items v4.4-hotfix.1
For Fantasy Grounds v3.3+
Original extension by sciencephile with updates by Jwguy, Llisandur, rmilmine, and bmos
Adds useful fields to various types of items.

FGU 4.5.4

Metzar
April 8th, 2024, 19:57
Sorry, it's my fault.

When I uninstalled the extension and updated the FGU, it was fixed, thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

bmos
April 8th, 2024, 23:17
When I uninstalled the extension and updated the FGU, it was fixed, thank you.Yay! Enjoy!