PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Module NPCs- Can't Edit Power Damage

BrianB
October 9th, 2017, 11:20
I recently purchased the Deadlands Reloaded Bundle and I'm pretty happy with it. However, an issue I'm having is that all the premade NPCs with damaging spellcasting don't have damage listed for the spells (e.g., Agatha Leeds has "Bolt" but the damage is blank"). It makes it hard(er) to automate combat since I can't just roll damage on a hit. Even when I unlock the character for editing and right-click on the damage for the power in question, there is no way to edit the damage rolls. A "read-only" page pops up showing blank damage and a bonus damage of a d6. Similarly, if I add a new power, the damage section is "locked" as read only.

Is there a work around for this?

Ellspeth
October 9th, 2017, 13:11
All content is locked on publication from what I understand. The only work around I know of is to make a copy of the NPC in question, the copy should be unlocked. Then you can add damage.

Talyn
October 9th, 2017, 13:40
There have been a lot of issues with Deadlands NPCs recently. Some are being addressed right now by the product's developer, and will be pushed live soon. You didn't say which DLC you're working with, but the rule we're supposed to be following (which may have not been the case at the time your DLC was released) is that for reference modules (like the Marshal's Guide, etc.) the NPCs are supposed to be read-only, but the playable adventures they are not so that the GM can modify them quickly.

Ikael
October 9th, 2017, 15:03
I recently purchased the Deadlands Reloaded Bundle and I'm pretty happy with it. However, an issue I'm having is that all the premade NPCs with damaging spellcasting don't have damage listed for the spells (e.g., Agatha Leeds has "Bolt" but the damage is blank"). It makes it hard(er) to automate combat since I can't just roll damage on a hit. Even when I unlock the character for editing and right-click on the damage for the power in question, there is no way to edit the damage rolls. A "read-only" page pops up showing blank damage and a bonus damage of a d6. Similarly, if I add a new power, the damage section is "locked" as read only.

Is there a work around for this?

You should be able to edit the damage after you unlock the sheet. If not, then can you let me know which NPC from what Module you were editing and I can check it out myself

BrianB
October 9th, 2017, 15:47
You should be able to edit the damage after you unlock the sheet. If not, then can you let me know which NPC from what Module you were editing and I can check it out myself

I was specifically looking at Agatha Leeds in Grim Prairie Tales when I noticed this issue, but it is also apparently happening in "The Flood" (checked Garrett Black, Mordecai Noss, & Papa Rattlesnake in that and had the same issue).

BrianB
October 9th, 2017, 16:35
All content is locked on publication from what I understand. The only work around I know of is to make a copy of the NPC in question, the copy should be unlocked. Then you can add damage.

I forgot to say "Thank you" for this suggestion. That is a work around but I hope that Ikael can unlock the originals. The encounters in the modules point to the originals so this would essentially be a two step process to even get them ready for combat each time.

Talyn
October 9th, 2017, 16:37
Not sure who did Grim Prairie Trails but The Flood is from @Mgrancey and he is in the final stages of pushing a fixed version. Hopefully he removed the "static="true" from the NPC data.

Ikael
October 10th, 2017, 09:26
I forgot to say "Thank you" for this suggestion. That is a work around but I hope that Ikael can unlock the originals. The encounters in the modules point to the originals so this would essentially be a two step process to even get them ready for combat each time.

I found challenge in current implementation which caused the issue. Since Powers are usually linked directly from module, they are always locked and thus NPC Power damages could not be unlocked. I have crafted fixed for this where you can unlock the damage section from damage setup view. I will need to do little bit more tweaking for it, but the fix will be included into v4.5 maintenance update 2 patch. I expect to be to be out in public within few weeks.

Mgrancey
October 13th, 2017, 23:24
Not sure who did Grim Prairie Trails but The Flood is from @Mgrancey and he is in the final stages of pushing a fixed version. Hopefully he removed the "static="true" from the NPC data.
When I originally submitted The Flood, I was asked to lock a bunch of stuff to prevent it from accidentally being changed. I think I just locked everything as it became something of a hassle.

I was specifically looking at Agatha Leeds in Grim Prairie Tales when I noticed this issue, but it is also apparently happening in "The Flood" (checked Garrett Black, Mordecai Noss, & Papa Rattlesnake in that and had the same issue).

Just checked Bolt doesn't populate with damage dice when dropped on NPCs. That might be because damage is variable depending on how many Power Points are used. I will see about adjusting this to the minimum of 2d6; however, I am on call thru Wednesday, so don't expect a quick or immediate fix.

I submitted a Weapons, Tokens, and Powers fixed version of the The Flood not too long ago and this seems a pretty minor problem, so I will check it out but it doesn't seem a priority problem that weapons being broken was.