PDA

View Full Version : Feature Suggestion: Dice Stack/Spin

mr_h
February 24th, 2006, 14:59
Last night my group did our first real game of FG (woo!). Very sweet, things went well, no major complaints. Well, sorta. While playing, one of our players noticed a problem:

You can't stack the dice. They tried spinning them. No go.

To us this is a serious issue...stacking dice to make towers is a time honored tradition amongst us. How high can you go? What strange patterns can you form? Is there a use for the d4 besides topping off your tower?

Spinning is important as well....since it's been proven time and time again that a dice that's spinning be much more amusing then the resulting dice roll (which tends to be a failure and therefore your character is smashed flat by a 2 ton boulder).

https://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/ffn/strips/Strip028.jpg

H
*tongue in cheek, my players dared me to post a request for this ;) *

morganm
February 24th, 2006, 15:04
I find that dice stackers and dice spinners at the table need to spend less time playing with their dice and more time with their head in the game :D

Ram Tyr
February 24th, 2006, 15:35
If you do it just right you can make them spin. Not that I know what just right means. I think I've done it twice and seen it done a couple of times. My DM did it last week actually...well, maybe the week before...but recently.

Later.
Ramza

DarkStar
February 24th, 2006, 15:45
If you do it just right you can make them spin. Not that I know what just right means. I think I've done it twice and seen it done a couple of times. My DM did it last week actually...well, maybe the week before...but recently.

Hold Ctrl key all the time while you throw your dice. It's magic. I'm not sure whether to call it a feature or a bug, I was even considering asking SmiteWorks about it. ;)

LordTomar
February 24th, 2006, 15:56
*Edited to keep the easter egg hidden*... or at least the D20... and I have seen the d6 spun... but have never been able to spin anything but the d20 myself.

richvalle
February 24th, 2006, 16:00
Yes. I think Ilwan said they were able to get a d20 to spin for about 2 min once.

rv

Dupre
February 24th, 2006, 16:02
Dice spinning with the control key is an easter egg very few have known about and has been in the software since the very beginning. I don't recall anyone posting the method before even though some have found it (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633).

mr_h
February 24th, 2006, 16:26
*downloads the demo here at work to try it*
Hey! It does work, got the d20 to spin (couldn't get teh rest). Heh....and here I Was joking :)

gurney9999
February 24th, 2006, 17:05
Dice spinning with the control key is an easter egg very few have known about and has been in the software since the very beginning. I don't recall anyone posting the method before even though some have found it (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633).

You know what that happened to me by accident last game and the other guys said "Wow how'd you spin the die like that?" I had no idea.

Love it!

Cantstanzya
February 24th, 2006, 17:19
After reading the original post that Wolfstar76 made over a year ago that he found the easter egg, I told my players I would give them XP if they could figure out how to do it. Within an hour someone in my group figured it out. He drove the others in the group crazy because he wouldn't tell them how to do it. They were actually ready to trade items to get him to tell how to do it. Just posting how to do it kinda ruins the hunt for others. Darkstar you might want to edit out how you did it and just say you found it so that others can search for it.
With that said, and without giving any hints, has anyone else found any other easter eggs we should be searching for? Any word from the devs that there are any more?

DarkStar
February 24th, 2006, 17:21
Darkstar you might want to edit out how you did it and just say you found it so that others can search for it.

Actually, I didn't find it, Stuart did. At least he told us how to do it. Personally I don't like, dice spinning in one place (when not rolling) looks weird.
I may edit my post, but then Dupre would have to do the same.

WolfStar76
February 27th, 2006, 18:23
Whee! My Easter Egg thread got quoted by a Dev, I'm special!

It's worth noting, FYI, that this egg seems to have been nerfed and only seems to *really* work on the d20 now. Some of the others will tease you and act like they're gonna spin, but die too quickly to really "count."

As for other eggs, none that I've found yet, and I'm a button pusher, so I personally doubt there are any - of course, having said that they'll probably add something to 1.06 just to keep us from growing bored (and to prove me wrong).

;)

Phithis
August 17th, 2023, 21:15
I tried this today with the new dice because I remembered it,but I don't think it works at all anymore :(

LordEntrails
August 17th, 2023, 21:18
I tried this today with the new dice because I remembered it,but I don't think it works at all anymore :(
Correct, dice spinning has not been available in FGU. This was a FGC feature.