PDA

View Full Version : Wow

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:23
So yet again a non-employee shuts down my only avenue even though all the $1,100 I paid went to smite works

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40569-WOW-Lets-close-threads-we-dont-like&p=358825#post358825

Nice to see the 3 FG employees hiding behind non-employees

Now I am writing to WOTC to explain how you handle customer service because you have pissed me off more than you can imagine.

The last two updates are a piece of shite in software terms - they've causes multiple crashes and problems for at least 5 people I know

Closing threads because they don't fit the narrative is just a cowards way out especially if you let non-company people do it!

damned
October 8th, 2017, 03:30
Lets be a little honest here. Your threads were specifically closed because the nature of the conversation was inflammatory.
Additionally not all the inflammation came from you.
The threads were not closed because you were unhappy or because you were expressing dissatisfaction.
Three of your threads were closed for this reason and they were closed by three different people which suggests that multiple people felt the need to stop the threads from becoming more inflammatory.

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:31
Lets be honest YOU closed my threads because you did not like them - TELL ME NOW how much money have you given to SMITEWORKS and then we can maybe talk if you spent near on $1,100 dollars with them

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:33
Oh are you an employee? No? Thought not!

damned
October 8th, 2017, 03:40
This is not a pissing competition its simply a request for some civility.
Sometimes in life you find that being the loudest angriest person in the room gets you results.
Other times you find that approaching things calmly gets you a better result.
In an open forum loud tends to get met by loud and so on.

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:41
How much money have you spent - until then your comments are white noise

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:45
damned are you an employee? If not shut the **** UP

spite
October 8th, 2017, 03:48
Mate, spending 1100 dollars doesn't make you any more or less important than anyone else. If you have issue, people are helping you resolve them. Not everything works exactly how you like, but people are giving you ways to work around it. Shouting and cussing isn't going to resolve anything.

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 03:55
Mate, spending 1100 dollars doesn't make you any more or less important than anyone else. If you have issue, people are helping you resolve them. Not everything works exactly how you like, but people are giving you ways to work around it. Shouting and cussing isn't going to resolve anything.

Yes spending $1,100 does make me more important - how much have you spent?

spite
October 8th, 2017, 04:00

Actually, it doesn't make you more important. You know how I know? I've spent more than you, and I know I am not more important. You are not an investor. You are a customer. You have bought, not invested in, a product, and you are arguing like a petulant child about how and when this product is updated. The issues you had with connectivity were not related to the update (I know, I had multiple games over the weekend with some of my players on 3.3.2 and some on 3.3.3 and myself on 3.3.2. I also partook in the testing of 3.3.3 with some players not partaking and some doing so, never was there connectivity issue that wasn't related to something else (ISP, router config etc).
What are you hoping to achieve right now? Because all you're going to do is get your threads closed, and yourself banned.

People here are trying to help you, and you are being thoroughly un-help-able. Maybe sort your anger out and try coming at this with a clear mind.

bluedreamer
October 8th, 2017, 04:05
I am trying to get proper ****ing support from a real company - still you failed to list your $ amount

"We don't expect any conflicts with players and GM's running 3.3.3 or 3.3.2."
So from the Smiteworks email - WTF "we don't expect"
This basically says to me they have no ****ing idea what they are doing

So spite how much did you spend!

spite
October 8th, 2017, 04:13
I am trying to get proper ****ing support from a real company - still you failed to list your $ amount

"We don't expect any conflicts with players and GM's running 3.3.3 or 3.3.2."
So from the Smiteworks email - WTF "we don't expect"
This basically says to me they have no ****ing idea what they are doing

So spite how much did you spend!

More than you.
They didnt expect any issues, because it's a minor update where no code was touched that would make issues, especially not the issues that you experienced. What you're doing is conflating issues related to the patch, with an issue that happened at the same time as the patch.
Once again, dollar issues does not change how much support you should get. Everyone gets the same, and you are receiving support for your issue, you're just choosing to reject it.

madman
October 8th, 2017, 04:18
When is this guy going to get over himself?

Myrdin Potter
October 8th, 2017, 04:43
I have spent $909.89 plus generated close to $500 in revenue in products I have converted over. Is that enough?

You can also find posts by me criticizing Smiteworks where I thought appropriate.

Is that enough for me to address you and your concerns?

Michael

Nickademus
October 8th, 2017, 05:05

Apparently I've spent $2,385 so far on Smiteworks products. By your logic that make me more important than you. Thus I command you to stop cursing at people, especially the moderators which, while they may not be employees of Smiteworks, are given the power and authority by Smiteworks on these boards, making them an extension of the actual employees. Let's see if you will follow your own standard.

Now. Once again. Can you give more details about what FG said when your player was getting kicked. There should have been either a console error or text in the chat window. If you give us more information, we help you get past the problem you had after the last update and possibly that will be the last problem you have on this matter.

Andraax
October 8th, 2017, 05:11
So yet again a non-employee shuts down my only avenue even though all the $1,100 I paid went to smite works

It's not your only avenue; you've been asked, several times by others and at least twice by Smiteworks employees to contact them directly at [email protected].

dulux-oz
October 8th, 2017, 05:12
Alright - enough is enough!

This Community is very open, very accepting, and the Moderators as a group are very "hands off". But this is getting out of hand.

So let me make this perfectly clear for EVERYBODY - the Moderators on these boards are volunteers who have been vetted by SmiteWorks to become Moderators because they have shown themselves to be fair, even-handed and tolerant. SmiteWorks, the Moderators, and the rest of the Community DO listen to people, their complaints, and their issues and we do our best to make sure the Community runs smoothly. But when four separate threads are shut down by four separate Moderators due to the threads becoming toxic - and NOT because we "don't like to hear bad things", but because the threads are degenerating into something totally undesirable - then people need to consider their actions and the consequences of those actions.

I understand people are angry and frustrated, but everyone has had their say now and this is now OVER! I'm shutting down this thread, and warning EVERYONE that if these types of threads re-appear then the repeat offenders WILL be banned from the forums - not something I want to do but something I will do if it becomes necessary.

We've got a good, open, inclusive Community here - let's keep it that way.

'Nuff Said!

damned
October 8th, 2017, 05:13
Apparently I've spent $2,385 so far on Smiteworks products. By your logic that make me more important than you. Thus I command you to stop cursing at people, especially the moderators which, while they may not be employees of Smiteworks, are given the power and authority by Smiteworks on these boards, making them an extension of the actual employees. Let's see if you will follow your own standard.

Now. Once again. Can you give more details about what FG said when your player was getting kicked. There should have been either a console error or text in the chat window. If you give us more information, we help you get past the problem you had after the last update and possibly that will be the last problem you have on this matter.

$2,385!!!! There be a touch of insanity around you good sir!