PDA

View Full Version : FG-Con - a good way to find a gaming group

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 09:18
It can be hard at times to find a group. On October 13-15 tnere will be an online convention featuring many different gaming systems, including the always popular 5e D&D and Pathfinder.

The forum with huge information is just next to this one on the forums list and the website is :

FG-Con.com

A lot of times, the 5e and Pathfinder games fill quickly. Don’t panic. Either try a new game system or just show up the day and time of the game you are interested in and check. It is not uncommon to have no shows.

Even if yiu end up playing a non-mainstream game system, you will meet players and, most importantly, game master’s.

Give it a try.

damned
October 7th, 2017, 09:30
There are lots of great GMs and great games being run.
As Myrdin Potter points out its a great way to find a gaming group. Why? Because people like to game with people they like. How do you know if you like someone? You game with them... Play a one shot, meet people, enjoy a shared experience and you are more likely to get invited or referred to games in the future.

Waldbaer
October 7th, 2017, 12:07
Hey everone,

I hope that Myrdin Potter does not argue with me if I use this possibility to advertise my game a bit more. I am doing "A Learning Time" adventure which is all about having a good time, starting with fun roleplaying and then diving into a deep deep GAUNTLET which makes surviving a task. I especially underline that I do this One Shot for Newbies and experienced players. The experienced will still have their fun and the newbies could go a soft start with roleplaying and Fantasy Grounds.

I still have three places open and would look forward to further applications. If you want to know more about me and the game please look into this thread: [B]LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40475-LFP-4-Players-Fr-6th-8PM-CET-GMT-1-5E-A-Learning-Time-Newbies-welcome&p=357862&viewfull=1#post357862)

Please follow the Link below to book in!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A LEARNING TIME (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Saturday, October 14 2017
Time: 21:00 - 02:00 (Europe/Berlin)

Ruleset: D&D 5E
Games Master: Waldbaer
Minimum Players: 3 Maximum Players: 4
Booked: 2 Pending: 0
Available: 2

Thank you for reading and I look forward to playing with you!

p.s. I have pregen chars ready for an easy and fast start.

yeknom
October 7th, 2017, 14:01
It can be hard to find a group or to make a group. That is a fact. If you keep chugging along though you will get to where you want to be. There are a lot of places other than these forums to find players. My current FG game has 8 players, usually only 5 or 6 can make it each week. Those 8 are not the original 8 we started with as 3 have rotated out for various reasons. Two of them are players from my face to face gaming group. One of them is someone I found solely through these forums. The others I found either on reddit lfg or facebook groups related to gaming. Search for your games and for players for your games everywhere and you will have a much higher response and a greater chance of creating the group you want.

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 16:05
Which is why I suggested trying out the semi-annual FG-Con. There are a lot of different systems offering one shot games, and they are spread through-out the weekend. The idea is to play and meet people. The website has the full list of games.