PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way of Duplicating Trait Descriptions

TheMookNet
October 5th, 2017, 20:55
Howdy, all.

So, I'm creating four pre-gen characters for an upcoming Old West game (in GCA, then importing into FG). I've got the first one completely finished, and he has maybe 20-25 skills. Let's say I take the time to copy and paste the skill descriptions for each of those into his FG sheet.

Now, the other three characters will have a lot of the same skills, overlap -- Survival (Desert), Riding (Horse), that sort of thing. What is the easiest way (if any) to duplicate all that work without having to re-copy and re-paste 20+ skills for multiple characters?

Thanks!

Uraence
October 5th, 2017, 22:35
Drag and drop from the one char to the others?

damned
October 5th, 2017, 23:49
Or export the character and re-import and rename.

Gigermann
October 6th, 2017, 00:02
Edit the campaign data XML and actually copy the characters, or just the skills

TheMookNet
October 6th, 2017, 05:15
Thanks for the replies, all... I think export/import probably be easiest. Ultimately, I would love to build up a base character that has, literally, every skill (or at least all of the ones I use most frequently) with descriptions in place so I can just drag and drop what I need.

ronnke
October 6th, 2017, 05:35
FYI, skill dragging is on the todo list for the ruleset.

damned
October 6th, 2017, 05:40
You might see that ronnke has indicted drag and drop traits and skills are in his to-do-wish-list:

Upcoming Features/Wishlist
Items. Add the ability to configure items by type (General, Melee Weapon, Ranged Weapon, Armour/Shield, Vehicle/Mount, Spaceship)
Drag n Drop weapon items to combat section of character sheet
Drag n Drop traits, skills, spells, and other abilities character sheet

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36043-GURPS-4E-Core-Ruleset

You could always add your thoughts to that thread and drop him some rep points while you are at it :)

EDIT: Damnit! ronnke pretty much replied the same while I was out testing the ruleset!

TheMookNet
October 6th, 2017, 06:09
Ooh, so it is. Y'all way ahead of me. :cool:

ronnke
October 6th, 2017, 13:44
Damnit! ronnke pretty much replied the same while I was out testing the ruleset!

You snooze you loose. :P

GunnarGreybeard
October 30th, 2017, 07:03
Drag and drop from the one char to the others?
I am not able to fire up FG atm to check, but is this currently do-able?

damned
October 30th, 2017, 07:57
I am not able to fire up FG atm to check, but is this currently do-able?

No. Its on the wish-list.