PDA

View Full Version : Downloading modules

TimeForAPint
October 5th, 2017, 02:37
Once I buy a module online for FG, is there a way to download it or print it to read offline?

JohnD
October 5th, 2017, 02:41
No. Just within FG. I suppose you could screenshot things and print that out but yikes on the ink costs.

Bidmaron
October 5th, 2017, 02:42
Welcome to the forum, Pint!

No you cannot print purchased modules, unless what you buy is a Paizo PF module. Then you get the PDF with it for free, and you can print the PDF.

spite
October 5th, 2017, 03:12
Once I buy a module online for FG, is there a way to download it or print it to read offline?

You don't have to be connected to the internet to access it inside Fantasy Grounds, only for the initial download. However there is no way to read it outside of the Fantasy Grounds program, or print off it's content, no.

Also, welcome to the forums

TimeForAPint
October 5th, 2017, 16:28
Thanks folks. Was hoping to have a way to NOT have to read all the the Tomb of Annihilation on a computer monitor and without having to buy it twice. Meh.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but I appreciate the help!

Nylanfs
October 5th, 2017, 17:20
Thanks folks. Was hoping to have a way to read all the the Tomb of Annihilation on a computer monitor and without having to buy it twice. Meh.

This may be relevant info you weren't aware of.
https://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?4504-D-D-Reader-App-Coming-This-Fall#.WdZbrtFryUk

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2017, 17:39
Thanks folks. Was hoping to have a way to read all the the Tomb of Annihilation on a computer monitor and without having to buy it twice. Meh.

You can read it all on FG. That's how I read it. You go into the Reference Manual Section. It looks like this;
It's not a PDF, you have to open FG and then go open up the Ref Man, but it's totally readable. It has the images, next page tabs, etc. You can use the chat command /scaleui (or an extension) if you want the font larger etc.

You can read a review of it here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?300-Tomb-of-Annihilation-by-Wizard-of-the-Coast).

TimeForAPint
October 5th, 2017, 18:12
Meh, I left out a 'not', d'oh!! I am not good at reading things on monitors, and that's a lot of reading. So I want to have a paper copy to read, and I can just run the game on the computer. Very sorry about the confusion lol!

LordEntrails
October 6th, 2017, 00:55
Meh, I left out a 'not', d'oh!! I am not good at reading things on monitors, and that's a lot of reading. So I want to have a paper copy to read, and I can just run the game on the computer. Very sorry about the confusion lol!
Not a problem :) We've all done worse than that!

Waldbaer
October 9th, 2017, 11:29
I wonder if it is still good looking if you print out all the .XML ;) (and then try to sort it....)

damned
October 9th, 2017, 11:42
I wonder if it is still good looking if you print out all the .XML ;) (and then try to sort it....)

Most of the DLC XML is locked...

Waldbaer
October 9th, 2017, 12:50
Most of the DLC XML is locked...

Now you got me... :) no, just kidding. Please do not take me serious here.