PDA

View Full Version : error loading campaign after update

nicklausrhodes
October 5th, 2017, 01:27
I am getting an error when I try to load an existing campaign: "Ruleset: Error: Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)"

This is a 5E campaign. Seems like there should be an easy fix for this (I hope :))

Looks like the 5E ruleset is not available. It doesn't show up in the create campaign screen either.

Update:
I deleted the 5E.pak file from the ruleset directory and updated again. This solved my problem.

nicklausrhodes
October 5th, 2017, 01:33
OK so i just found this link in another thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40353-New-install-3-3-2-Unable-to-load-ruleset-file-(base-xml)&p=356612&viewfull=1#post356612

This looks to be exactly my problem, probably should have looked a little harder lol

Update: This did not work, I still get the same error. I followed the instructions to delete the launcher.pak file then run fgupdater.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2017, 01:59
Try creating a new 5E campaign, and copying the campaign.xml file from the new campaign into the problem campaign, and restarting FG.

Regards,
JPG

nicklausrhodes
October 5th, 2017, 02:15
I tried to create a new campaign, but the 5E ruleset was not available. Eventually deleted the 5E.pak file and updated. This solved the problem. Thanks.