PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate image list in the Images & Maps box

Beldak
October 5th, 2017, 01:15
I'm finishing up a pregen module which has turned out really nice.

However, I've bumped into a very odd bug that's either in my XML or elsewhere that's causing the list of all of the included images to be listed twice.

If I click on the images in the Library link, the list is correct (non-duplicated), but when I click on the DM's "Maps" button, I get a duplicated lists of images (each duplicated link works).

Other mods aren't doing this, so not sure where to look in my XML for somewhere I may have goofed. Any ideas on where to look?

Screenshot attached.

Nickademus
October 5th, 2017, 01:48
From the look of it, your 'Images' window might have the same xml name as the place FG looks to fill in the 'Images & Maps' list. So it is grabbing both.

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2017, 01:51
Is this in the campaign in which you created the module? And then did you open the module again in the library? In this case it will be in the list twice, once in the campaign where you created it, and the second time from opening the module. Have you tried opening the module in a new campaign?

Beldak
October 5th, 2017, 11:45
Is this in the campaign in which you created the module? And then did you open the module again in the library? In this case it will be in the list twice, once in the campaign where you created it, and the second time from opening the module. Have you tried opening the module in a new campaign?

Yes I’ve tried a new campaign. I’m making edits directly to the xml inside the mod.

Trenloe
October 5th, 2017, 15:52
Check the data paths here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Structure_Overview_and_Best_Practices and see if you have multiple entries in any of the paths relevant for images.

Also, a way of seeing the actual data path of a link is to drag the link to a Story entry, save the campaign (/save in the chat window) then look at the link data within that story entry XML in the campaign db.xml file. This might help to indicate where the duplicate is.

Beldak
October 5th, 2017, 16:19
Check the data paths here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Structure_Overview_and_Best_Practices and see if you have multiple entries in any of the paths relevant for images.

Also, a way of seeing the actual data path of a link is to drag the link to a Story entry, save the campaign (/save in the chat window) then look at the link data within that story entry XML in the campaign db.xml file. This might help to indicate where the duplicate is.

Brilliant idea! Ok, it's pulling in two different links - now to figure out how to prevent that:

<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.img_arkadyussakharov1_jpg@Conquering Heroes 5E">Arkadyus Sakharov 1</link>
<link class="imagewindow" recordname="reference.imagedata.img_arkadyussakharov1_jpg@Conq uering Heroes 5E">Arkadyus Sakharov 1</link>

I thought I already experimented with removing one of those classes entirely to see what would happen, and I don't recall it being good. I'll have to experiment some more.

Nickademus
October 5th, 2017, 19:32
"image." is what the database uses to store campaign images. Avoid that if the "image." link is from your module.