PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Update

ffujita
October 4th, 2017, 22:09
I can't seem to download a specific file... any help?

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2017, 22:30
It isn't any particular file, it is just your internet connection taking its time. As long as once the update finishes and the update button isn't still lit you should be fine.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2017, 23:30
Either your network connection is being intermittently blocked, or something on your machine is blocking HTTP requests that have that file name int them. When there are issues updating files, we see a complete network block (i.e. OS firewall blocking network updates); intermittent network issues (i.e. noisy wireless); or particular file name blocks, usually executables (i.e. internet filtering software).

I haven't seen anything that only blocks a specific .mod file, but not others.

Can you check your security software to see if it is doing any Internet filtering?

Regards,
JPG

damned
October 5th, 2017, 00:22
Also delete the existing file of the same name from your computer.

ffujita
October 5th, 2017, 02:01
Also delete the existing file of the same name from your computer.

Well after three hours of the update *slowly* updating ... I shut down and restarted my machine. I then did a bandwidth test (cause it didn't seem like a Windows Defender problem) and my download speed was only 5mbps. So after a reboot of my modem and router, my download speed was at 90mbps and the update only took about 3 minutes after that.

Thanks for the ideas!