PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help figuring out how to add a new class to PFRPG Fantasy Grounds

Miko_Chan
October 4th, 2017, 16:46
I have looked far and wide and my google-fu has failed me. Is there a guide or an explanation of the new class feature?

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2017, 17:21
What kind of information are you looking for?

For the fields in the class record, you can enter them just like they would be entered in the Core rulebook, and add the features that PCs would gain as they leveled.

It’s very similar to the 5E class record entry, which Zacchaeus built a video he posted. On my phone, so not as easy to search for it to give you a link.

Regards,
JPG

Miko_Chan
October 4th, 2017, 17:45
When it comes to adding features that have multiple choice (such as rogue talents, rage powers, or such) what is the best way to add those to the features section?

Nylanfs
October 4th, 2017, 17:48
Also welcome to the forums and FG Community!

Miko_Chan
October 4th, 2017, 18:04
Also welcome to the forums and FG Community!

Thanks! I'm usually a pretty quiet person heh. But my current home campaign uses gestalt and really it's so much easier to just "make a new class" and I only have the SRD Pathfinder rules. So I don't even have all the linkable stuff from the core rulebook. (I assume classes would have linkable abilities in the CRB product.)

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2017, 18:04
Yes, and welcome. I always get focused on answering, but Nylanfs is always on top of that. ;)

There isn't a "choice" feature yet for class records. In the official books, they're dumped in another type of special abilities list. However, if you are entering your own, you can enter them as 0-level class features. Then, they will be tracked on the class record, but not automatically added to the PC sheet; just drag and drop from the class record to the PC Abilities tab when you select one.

Regards,
JPG