PDA

View Full Version : Passive spell effects for custom Items

f00dbar
October 3rd, 2017, 22:08
I'm attempting to build a custom Item, which when worn, automatically applies a "Protection from Evil/Good" effect, passively so that it's always active. It would be pretty neat if the effect only applied when they entered combat or came within range of a creature that met the condition [IFT: (aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, undead); GRANTDISATK; IMMUNE: charmed,frightened,possessed; (C)], as that could make for some interesting fog of war scenarios. Imagine you're stomping through the dungeon and your Detect Undead attuned item flashes on an effect, but you still can't see them.

Anyway, I'm pasting the effect text in some of the custom item properties, but I'm guessing the engine just isn't parsing it, by design. Any pointers to docs would be appreciated.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2017, 22:24
Items don't have effects on them - the properties are only for a small number of specific keywords (not effects) as detailed here: www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet#Create_a_Weapon

However, there is a currently active discussion and extension for adding effects to weapons in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40270-Item-Enhancement-(add-effects-to-items-and-when-they-are-equipped-apply-them)

f00dbar
October 3rd, 2017, 22:47
That was exactly what I was looking for, these extensions really help expand the product. Thanks!