i would like to know how do i create a magic item with these abilities

+1 quaterstaff
wild magic proc on a spell roll of 19-20

ps. the proc will not happen on melee just on spells being cast

thanks for the help

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 22:29
Hi Myad,

I would recommend to use the following extension to add all effects you wish to your staff: LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40270-Item-Enhancement-(add-effects-to-items-and-when-they-are-equipped-apply-them)).

I do not know howto do the wild magic "proc" on a 19-20; sorry that I cannot assist you there.

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2017, 22:47
What do you mean by "proc"? I think you are throwing us all for a loop :)

In general, you can add actions to your weapons that will create effects on the CT for your character. Check out the wiki on Actions, 5E Effects, and 5E Combat Tracker. You also may want to read up on IF statements, though not sure those are going to work in this case.

I don't think you can have an effect that would trigger a roll on a table based on the result of an attack roll, but one of the effects gurus will probably be along soon to clear that part up.

Zacchaeus
October 3rd, 2017, 23:03
You can't create an effect to proc the wild magic; you have to do that manually. Additionally wild magic doesn't proc automatically anyway; it's the DMs choice as to whether that happens (I believe - never having used that but it was mentioned in another post).