PDA

View Full Version : Some question

Kurazo
October 3rd, 2017, 12:35
So I'm just new to FG and I have some question. Can you give full control of a NPC to a PC. And how can you correct the spell like Barkskin that you can't "cast" it on FG. ( Concentration on the player and ajust the AC). Two question I try to find in FG forum but some post are 5 year old so.maybe it has change. Thanks you

Myrdin Potter
October 3rd, 2017, 14:39
You can give control of an NPC. Short answer is you drag and drop the NPC onto the character portrait.

Zacchaeus
October 3rd, 2017, 16:08
To give control of an NPC to a player proceed as follows
1) Place the NPC on the Combat Tracker
2) Place the NPC from the CT onto the map
3) Drag the NPC from the CT and drop on the player's portrait.

Not exactly sure what you mean about Barkskin. This basically says that a player has an AC not less than 16. So you apply an effect to the player who it has been cast on of AC: x where x is the difference between the player's current AC and 16. So if the player has an AC of 12 then you want an of effect AC: 4. In order for the Concentration bit to work create an effect on the caster of 'Barkskin; AC: x (C)' (where x is the difference again), set the targeting to 'Targets' and the duration to 1 hour. Then the caster can target the recipient of the spell and then just click the running man icon to apply the effect. More on creating effects here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects).

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2017, 17:14
Clarified steps:

1) Place the NPC on the Combat Tracker (CT) as normal.
2) Place the NPC token from the CT onto the map
3) Make the NPC friendly on the combat tracker so the player can move the token on the map.
4) Drag the NPC link from the CT and drop on the player's portrait. This will share the NPC record in the CT with the player.

Note: The shared NPC will not appear in the Player side NPC list (if it does, you've shared the wrong record - share the NPC from the combat tracker, not the NPC list). If the player closed the NPc record they can re-open it by double-clicking on the NPC's token on the map.

Kurazo
October 4th, 2017, 05:28
Thank you we just make are first session... Ouf what a headach but I learn a lots. The barkskin can't be cast to make the concentration been auto apply. Like the bless spell and I didn't find a way for auto ajust to 16 when the spells is up.Thanks guys for your reply

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2017, 09:43
The barkskin can't be cast to make the concentration been auto apply.

Yes, it can as per my explanation above. See attached graphic which might also help

Kurazo
October 19th, 2017, 01:28
Thank you I understand one step more of FG. Thanks for your time!