PDA

View Full Version : a complete and utter NOOB

shenry44
February 23rd, 2006, 16:43
so here is my case. i have always been VERY interested in role-playing games but i come from a small town with not a lot of gamers. i have since moved on and out to a larger town but still find it difficult to find a group to play with as i haven't actually played a game before and it seems total strangers are a bit loathe to take the time to "educate me". i don't think i would need too much hand holding and i would settle for just watching a game in person at this point. the other thing is that most groups seem rather insular and it's difficult to get in.

bottom line, would this be a good way to start out with role-playing games or should i continue to hold out for a live group.

i'm married, having a kid (this summer), and am moving this week into a new house but after all this settles down a bit i hopefully will have time to play around a bit.

anyway, thanks a lot and have fun!

shenry44

richvalle
February 23rd, 2006, 17:06
1. check out the message board on this site to find a game starting up that looks interesting to you.

2. If you are just wanting to check out a game (but not play) you could sit in on our game a couple of times. I don't need players but am willing to let someone watch. Though... you'd have to have the software first in that case so it might not be a viable option for you.

rv

Ged
February 23rd, 2006, 18:08
If you go for getting Fantasy Grounds, there seems to be also a few groups potentially accpeting players in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/ . You might be lucky there.

shenry44
February 23rd, 2006, 18:59
thanks a lot guys. i appreciate the feedback.