PDA

View Full Version : LFP 4 Players Fr 6th 8PM CET [GMT +1] 5E A Learning Time [Newbies welcome]

Waldbaer
October 2nd, 2017, 21:23
FG License: ULTIMATE
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: CET [GMT +1]
Day of week and time: Friday, 6th of October 2017 at 8PM
If new game, planned start date: once 4 players said yes to it; s. above
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 to 4 Hours ONE SHOT

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: bring as much roleplay as you want - this is 5e; so there will be lots of combat also of course.
Number of Players in game & needed: need 4 players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level and regular class & background equipment; Several pregen chars are available if you would like to chose one.
Character restrictions: I have all the 5e stuff; but please try to stick to the PHB. I offer my assistance with char creation - please PM me.

Details of the scenario: Prepare to be schooled! This all about learning to be an adventurer at Exallizar Preparatory Academy. You will be entering THE GAUNTLET.

[B]Link to Gamecalendar page: CLICK ME (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2786)
Password: will be delivered per Teamspeak

Good to know:
I hope that only players apply who would like to have some fun together and a nice evening without longtermed rule discussions. I would only accept players that write into this thread. Please mention a bit about yourself - did you ever roleplay before and are you using Fantasy Grounds a lot (newbies are welcome also!)? If by chance I would receive 4 German speaking applications, I would like to go through this adventure in German language. Otherwise we go in English.

About myself:
I am roleplaying for more than 20 years and would call myself experienced meanwhile. I am used to several systems and editions like Shadowrun, DSA, D&D and other rulesets which may not be so well known. I had already some games with FG as a DM and player - but there's always something to learn.

Thanks and I look foward to the game!
Waldbaer

List of Players:
(DM - Waldbaer)
ShadowMystik
CraneBane
johnshep
thcbasura

DRF
October 2nd, 2017, 21:28
I'm signed up. Join the fun! :)

Waldbaer
October 2nd, 2017, 21:29
Great! Will be fun because FG is easy to learn, I promise :)

CraneBane
October 3rd, 2017, 18:40
Hello Waldbaer,
This sounds like a great opportunity to meet new players and have a great evening of fun. I would like to join up!

Below is a bit of information about myself (re-posted):

Player LFG European Time Zone (prefer 5E or CoC)

FG License: I own the full paid version of Fantasy Grounds and have licenses for all the core D&D 5E rulebooks, including Volo’s Guide to Monsters.

Time Zone: I live in Denmark (GMT+2) so I have difficulties participating in games during USA evenings. Ideally I would like to connect with a British group or an English-speaking European group.

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Preferably a weekly or a bi-weekly game, but really I am open for suggestions. Thursdays doesn't work for me but otherwise I am pretty flexible.

Term: I am looking for a good group to hook up with. I don’t mind joining an on-going campaign, or we could start feeling each other out by playing a one-shot. Ideally this would lead us to play an extended campaign.

Voice: I expect the group to be using voice chat at the very least, and possibly also video. I am from Denmark and English is not my first language, but I speak fluent English and have a more than adequate vocabulary.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, Call of Cthulhu.

Game System Experience: I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons and Call of Cthulhu since the ‘80s and have lots of experience with those systems. I picked up D&D 5E about a year ago and have all the rulebooks, etc.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am well-versed in the use of Fantasy Grounds and have experience from building scenarios in FG and running the game as the GM.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing all kinds of characters. I really have no special preferences, as long as the character is interesting and maybe has a few flaws to make him/her believable and vulnerable.

About me: I enjoy a good mix between roleplaying, investigation and combat. I tend towards a more serious tone, although I do enjoy a good laugh as much as the next man. I am very committed to this hobby and I enjoy meeting other players who feel the same way.

I would be very happy to hear from you if you feel we could make this work :-)

BubaDragon
October 3rd, 2017, 19:31
Hey Waldbaer et. al.

Are you familiar with the Fantasy Grounds College Discord server? We are a group of people dedicated to learning FG and helping others learn as well. Stop by and visit, new instructors are always in demand!

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 19:48
Hello Waldbaer,
This sounds like a great opportunity to meet new players and have a great evening of fun. I would like to join up!

Below is a bit of information about myself (re-posted):
[...]
I would be very happy to hear from you if you feel we could make this work :-)

Hi CraneBane,

yes, of course - looking forward to have you in the group. Please sign into the game on the Gamecalendar page (LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2786)). Did I understand you correctly that you would like to use one of my pregens? I would recommend a "tank" and some damage dealing capabilities please. I send you a list of my pregens per PM. On the other hand you are welcome to send me your char if you want.

Take care,
Waldbaer

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 19:53
Hey Waldbaer et. al.

Are you familiar with the Fantasy Grounds College Discord server? We are a group of people dedicated to learning FG and helping others learn as well. Stop by and visit, new instructors are always in demand!

This sounds interesting and I think over it. However, thank you for asking me. Is there any appropriate time to connect that makes more sense than other times? ;)

BubaDragon
October 3rd, 2017, 20:20
This sounds interesting and I think over it. However, thank you for asking me. Is there any appropriate time to connect that makes more sense than other times? ;)

Not really, it's pretty much a 24 X 7 operation...

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 20:25
OK - good to know. Do you have CET time zone teacher already?

thcbasura
October 3rd, 2017, 21:17
Hello everyone,
I might use the very nice description list CraneBane to describe myself and my interest to join the game :)

FG License: I also own the full paid version of Fantasy Grounds also some of the additional content and adventures.

Time Zone: I'm based in South Africa, but right now we have same time zone as most of Europe country, CEST. I'm spanish, btw, but I think I can manage pretty well with english, sorry no German at all ;)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Preferably a weekly or a bi-weekly game. I can only play in the evening, from 18h, although I use to travel often because of work, so it will depend in the hotel connection to be able to connect to every session. For the moment, I will be available this and next week as well, any day from Monday to Friday after 18h (CEST)

Term:I will also like to join a fix group, to run a long term campaign. Open to any required class, race, as I have played with most of them.

Voice: Voice preferably. No video, as my internet connection use to be poor (and expensive, here in SA, hehehe)

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons since few years ago, and keen to help with any aspect of the adventure. I tried to act as GM few times, but don't have the time or enough people to run the adventure

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have enough experience to go quick over any action (combat, die rolling, votes, etc)

Character Type Preferred: I can play this one shot with any class required, but would prefer to be a support type of player, in fact if I can reuse this character I aim to have a Cleric/Warlock based in healing and support. So if this mix works, hopefully, I will try to maintain the team alive as much as possible ;). I also like a more role playing type of game, with the necesary combat to maintain the action, but with enough talking and discussing about what to do or where to go.

About me: 35 years old, spanish guy. Moved to SA because of work, and trying to keep the old habbits of playing D&D

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 21:47
Hi thcbasura,

thank you for your post and welcome to the game. We will be starting with as much roleplay as possible and then enter THE GAUNTLET which is something between riddle and combat. I accepted you on the Gamecalender - please say YES to the time and we are good to go. We are not going with video on the Friday game, but voice would be appreciated.

The cleric will be fine to go with. I just read your PM - please drop me your file as PM. If CraneBane signs up too, I hope he would be fine to go with some kind of Damage Dealing class and/or "tank". Because otherwise the group will have a hard training day :)

thcbasura
October 3rd, 2017, 21:53
mmm, I don't find the YES at game calendar. But I'm ok with the time.
Talk to you on Friday

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 22:01
mmm, I don't find the YES at game calendar. But I'm ok with the time.
Talk to you on Friday

OK, no problem. The YES is on the upper right corner a small green "word"; does not look like a real button. Actually it should be there where you see a "No" in my picture below as I am already signed in.

johnshep
October 3rd, 2017, 22:04
Well Met Waldbaer,

Below is a bit of information about myself:

Player LFG +5 Time Zone (prefer 5E)

FG License: I own the full paid version of Fantasy Grounds and have licenses for all the core D&D 5E rulebooks.

Time Zone: I live in the United States (Virginia +5)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Preferably a weekly, but really I am open for suggestions. Thursdays doesn't work for me but otherwise I am pretty flexible.

Term: I am looking for a good group to hook up with. I don’t mind joining an on-going campaign, or we could start feeling each other out by playing a one-shot. Ideally this would lead us to play an extended campaign.

Voice: I expect the group to be using voice chat.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the ‘90s and have lots of experience with the systems.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am well-versed in the use of Fantasy Grounds.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing clerics or fighters

About me: I enjoy a good mix between good combat and some roleplaying. I tend towards a more serious tone, although I do enjoy a good laugh as much as the next man. I am very committed to this hobby and I enjoy meeting other players who feel the same way.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you

thcbasura
October 3rd, 2017, 22:07
I cannot clic in Yes :(

thcbasura
October 3rd, 2017, 22:08
I cannot clic in Yes

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 22:12
I cannot clic in Yes

OK - I do not mind---just get on and let's meet on Friday. Looking forward to it.

VayneBK201
October 4th, 2017, 00:24
Hello,

I am just posting this in case there is room. I live in Canada and have been playing D&D for a few years now though not as often as I would like by any stretch of the imagination. I DM games for my friends when we all have time so being a player again after so long would be refreshing. I've played a Warlock before and though I love casters, I think I want to give being a barbarian a go.

I run on EST time so the time frame set above wouldnt be an issue and I most comfortable with 5e.

BubaDragon
October 4th, 2017, 18:07
OK - good to know. Do you have CET time zone teacher already?

Hrmmmm... UTC +1 not sure, but don't let that stop you! There is always room for more.

Waldbaer
October 4th, 2017, 22:21
Hey everyone,

I really appreciate all the applications a lot, but my one shot is full right now. I am sorry - but for this adventure it makes no sense to do it with more than a 4 head party (due to map size restrictions, not because of power level or something). I have chosen the 4 people who had applied first.

But you have a second chance to go with that adventure, as I also registered it for Saturday at FG CON 11 - CLICK ME (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/). I still have three spaces to occupy...would be happy if you come to the event.

Look forward to the game on Friday and please do not hesitate to apply again because my next game will come soon.

Waldbaer
October 4th, 2017, 22:25
For those who have been accepted on the Gamecalendar: thcbasura, CraneBane, ShadowMystik and Smy1990: you find a PM in your inbox with login dates. The server will be up 30 minutes before the game starts and you can already connect if you wish.

Waldbaer
October 5th, 2017, 20:42
Hi ShadowMystik,

here's your pregen char - hope you like it :)

Waldbaer
October 6th, 2017, 19:10
Hi everyone,

I am online and game started...looking forward to see you though.

Thanks!

Waldbaer
October 7th, 2017, 01:49
Hey everyone,

really enjoyed playing this evening with you guys - was very much fun - please excuse my awful German accent :) Looking forward to the next round on October 20th, same time (8PM, GMT+1). Channel and everything stays the same.

Take care,
Waldbaer