PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 - problem with connections

Girwan
October 2nd, 2017, 18:01
Hi, I look solution for connections in Windows 10 with FG.

I can connect to friend if He is hosting game, but He can connect to me, if I want be GM. I know that this is problem in my Windows 10. I try it in two PC with this system, and both have the same problem. I know that this is problem with system, becouse I try connect in diffrent networks.

Who know, how I can check status and open port 1802 in this system?

Windows 10 Pro
version:1703
64 bits

FG version: 3.3.2

I know that a lot of people have problem with connections and looks for solution. Maybe devs can prepare in future in new version FG alternative method to connecting?

damned
October 2nd, 2017, 19:29
Make sure your windows network profile is not set to Public Network.

Girwan
October 2nd, 2017, 20:07
I try in several localization with different profiles :(

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2017, 21:12
As Damned says, check you network connection profile. Is is set to private network type (Home or Work) or is is set to Public?

Girwan
October 2nd, 2017, 21:15
Now I'm in public network, but before I was in my home and there is private network. In both I have this problem

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2017, 21:19
Now I'm in public network, but before I was in my home and there is private network. In both I have this problem
Windows firewall will prevent connections when your network is set to public. So, if you are on a publicly available network I suggest you use a VPN solution since I would not recommend setting a publicly available network to be treated as a private one. When you are on your home network, windows might still have it set to Public, this you need to set to Home.

Girwan
October 6th, 2017, 19:21
I set private profile in my home network - still don't work :(

damned
October 6th, 2017, 23:53
Send me your email via PM and Ill try and have a look with you over the weekend.

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 09:09
Damned will try and help you.

Normally you need to forward the port from your router to your PC. I use Windows 10 and people can connect to me no problem when I am home. When I travel, I use my VPN software.

Are you familiar with port forwarding on routers? Can you describe your method of connecting to the internet? DSL modem? Cable modem?

I also assume that you have a standard or ultimate license? If not, you cannot host games.

Girwan
October 7th, 2017, 12:49
I know that I can run FG with Win10. I have standard license, I know that without I can't host game.

I hosted game days ago, so I don't know why I have problem now.

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 15:54
I know that I can run FG with Win10. I have standard license, I know that without I can't host game.

I hosted game days ago, so I don't know why I have problem now.

The last few people that reported similar issues was due to their firewall deciding that FG was now a brand new program. The solution was to delete the existing entry in the firewall program and then add it again when FG was run.

It is always possible that your ISP changed something as well. There have been cases where ISP started pooling IP addresses where people had individual addresses in the past.

I assume you sent damned your information so he can try and help you out?

Girwan
October 7th, 2017, 16:11
I assume you sent damned your information so he can try and help you out?

Yes

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 16:15
The only other issue I have seen people reporting is that the update cleared out their user and license information, so they had to re-enter it in set-up. I’ll let damned take a look at your set-up, usually he can figure it out quickly.

Girwan
October 7th, 2017, 16:53
I have some licences in proper field, but... how I check that this is my licence? Maybe I put there bad numbers? Is somewhere on my profil in FG web information about my licence?

OK, I check it in my oorder history, my licence number is OK

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 16:57
It usually is in the order history in the store.

If you bought via steam, it is linked there too.

Girwan
October 7th, 2017, 17:24
No, I don't use steam to FG

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 17:29
If you have all the proper information to login, these is the most usual issues:

1) Windows firewall (or your other firewall) decided you have a new program because of the update and is blocking FG. Solutions typically are to delete the exiting entry for FG in the firewall and then create a new one. Close FG, delete firewall entry, open FG and try and do the test. Make sure network is set to private.

2) port forwarding in router has changed in some way. Router update or new ip being issued your PC or your modem (often people have some form of dsl modem or cable modem hooked to a router) had a firmware update that messed up the port settings. This can be troubleshooted and the sticky thread in this forum has information on it. Really hard to give more specific advice other than to follow the steps in the troubleshooting thread.

3) ISP suddenly started pooling IP addresses. Basically, there is a shortage of IP addresses and your ISP has started pooling addresses. What that essentially means is that they set up their own internal router and you lose access to port forwarding. The two solutions are use a vpn / Hamachi or contact your isp and get them to assign you an individual IP address. For vpn, PureVPN with the dedicated ip option has proven reliable so far.

damned
October 7th, 2017, 23:58
IPv6.... and shared IPv4 addresses... his router does not have an external IPv4 address...

Myrdin Potter
October 8th, 2017, 00:19
IPv6.... and shared IPv4 addresses... his router does not have an external IPv4 address...

So my option #3 .....

Girwan
October 8th, 2017, 09:18
My operator change IPv6 to IPv4, I set proper rules on my router and.... IT'@ WORKING! :)

Damned thank You fory Your help. :)

damned
October 8th, 2017, 09:25
My operator change IPv6 to IPv4, I set proper rules on my router and.... IT'@ WORKING! :)

Damned thank You fory Your help. :)

Its your shout for Ice Cream next time :)

Girwan
October 8th, 2017, 09:36
Ok :)